Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

Has the whole Renewal+Fury combo been mentioned/talked about yet? If not, which character would benefit from it the most?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Has the whole Renewal+Fury combo been mentioned/talked about yet? If not, which character would benefit from it the most?

TBH this is from the mindset of someone who prioritizes thriftiness/efficiency, but I'd say anyone who already has one of those skills and has the other slot empty would be pretty good for that. Falchion users in particular seem like they'd benefit from that a fair bit (though Marth might miss Escape Route that way). Eldigan would definitley love to have Renewal, I would think, tanky as he is. 

Just now, BANRYU said:

TBH this is from the mindset of someone who prioritizes thriftiness/efficiency, but I'd say anyone who already has one of those skills and has the other slot empty would be pretty good for that. Falchion users in particular seem like they'd benefit from that a fair bit (though Marth might miss Escape Route that way). Eldigan would definitley love to have Renewal, I would think, tanky as he is. 

Sire's thread lists some skill combinations, that might be a good read if you're interested.

Does anyone know if Distant Counter/Close Counter work the same when inherited?

I'm hoping an OG Roy build will be viable. This is what I'm thinking so far:

Roy w/ Binding Blade

Push

Sol

A - Distant Counter

B - Renewal 3

C - ?, Seal Def 3 will probably be fine

2 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

Does anyone know if Distant Counter/Close Counter work the same when inherited?

What do you mean “the same?” It works on Roy like it worked on Hector.

Man

Arena Cavquest is really making me want to put Swordbreaker on Reinhardt

is this a good idea

or should i go with a blue breaker instead for more coverage

Edited by Thor Odinson

3 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Man

Arena Cavquest is really making me want to put Swordbreaker on Reinhardt

is this a good idea

or should i go with a blue breaker instead for more coverage

1st ask yourself while looking in mirror "Is that cavalier quest really worth it?"

2nd Doesn't Reinhardt get dire thunder? So Swordbreaker is kind of useless on him.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

- Depends on what you're doing with Lucina
- I'm not a fan of Vantage on Julia, since she shouldn't be taking damage in the first place.  However, if she's regular Taco bait, you can either put a Seal skill on her, or something like Escape Route (bye Cecilia).

-Lucina's meant for ORKOs on my phase, hence Darting Blow. The main issue with Desperation is that it only activates below 75% HP, and Lucina normally doesn't take a hit before I'm ready to sweep the enemy in one turn. Would Vantage 3 work well on her instead?

-Julia's actually the one I normally use to kill Tacomeat since she can survive one hit from him and can actually counterattack unlike Femui or Lucina. With Dragon Fang she even OHKOs him. I'm considering Vantage on her because mine is +Spd/-HP, which combined with Spd+3 from a 4* Fir gives her 33 Speed. Now, excluding buffs, the only ranged units that can guaranteed ORKO her that I see in the Arena with any regularity are Klein and Kagero, both of whom can be wrecked by Lucina. Situationally we have attacking Tharjas, which Vantage can also handle if I get the first hit in. If I was going to put a Seal skill on Julia, which would you recommend? I have both Raigh and Viron for either Seal Res or Seal Speed, both of which synergize well with Femui.

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What do you mean “the same?” It works on Roy like it worked on Hector.

Solved my own question. Takumi can't pass Close Counter to non-ranged characters.

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

1st ask yourself while looking in mirror "Is that cavalier quest really worth it?"

2nd Doesn't Reinhardt get dire thunder? So Swordbreaker is kind of useless on him.

3 orbs when you're f2p, man

it's moreso for him to not get doubled by every sword ever if he steps in their range and can't get danced due to cavquest

In more seriousness, though, what would be a good B slot for Rein? I feel he doesn't really get to use Vantage much because he's either alive or dead. I can't really get him wary fighter either, which would be glorious, but alas.

Edited by Thor Odinson

3 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

Solved my own question. Takumi can't pass Close Counter to non-ranged characters.

Imagine Mages with close counter, though. Merric and Odin are both pretty tanky as I recall... that could be... yikes. 

So, close/distant counter are basically the Awakening Galeforce and Fates damage-stacking of this game huh lol

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Imagine Mages with close counter, though. Merric and Odin are both pretty tanky as I recall... that could be... yikes. 

So, close/distant counter are basically the Awakening Galeforce and Fates damage-stacking of this game huh lol

The funny thing is that 1-2 range is quite common in other FE games, and really, it's plenty busted in them as well; it just gets viewed as normal.

7 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Oh yeah. The only limiting factor, for now, is that only Hector and Takumi can provide those skills 

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

The funny thing is that 1-2 range is quite common in other FE games, and really, it's plenty busted in them as well; it just gets viewed as normal.

The big difference is that you're orko'ing at a much higher rate here, than in the main series.

21 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

3 orbs when you're f2p, man

it's moreso for him to not get doubled by every sword ever if he steps in their range and can't get danced due to cavquest

In more seriousness, though, what would be a good B slot for Rein? I feel he doesn't really get to use Vantage much because he's either alive or dead. I can't really get him wary fighter either, which would be glorious, but alas.

Escape route?

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

Actually can you do an action right after escape route? bc I gave him reposition and this would be hilarious if I can pull it off.

Yup. You can act right after teleporting via either Escape Route or Wings of Mercy. It just uses up your movement for that turn and nothing else. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Yup. You can act right after teleporting via either Escape Route or Wings of Mercy. It just uses up your movement for that turn and nothing else. 

Aw yes I'm gonna do this once Cecilia's free maps show up

27 minutes ago, Shiro said:

should i make any adjustments? maybe put drag back on her as a support skill in case i have a dancer for offense as a means to retreat safely?

*edit: snip image*

Enough Catrias to +7, not enough fodder to level 3 Savage Blow. I'm mildly triggered right now.

My biggest question is... do you really NEED 44 speed? That's a ridiculously high speed tier, surely you can run a Brave Lance or something, drop to 39 (or 40 with L&D 3) and still double everything you need to double while opening up some more kill potential due to quadruples (and the fact that you hit twice before the counter attack). BLance+ is bad for BST, of course, but apparently weapons won't count BST wise in April.

I mean, I'm pretty sure speed demons like Linde etc. still die to a brave lance double even though they're too fast to quadruple.

The draw back + dancer cheese sounds interesting, since that gets you out of range of even 2 range units behind the guy you just murdered---if you can get +4 attack somewhere else, or don't need it for anything specific, I say go for it. (I have a feeling AI will do idiotic things with it on defense, though : /)

Edited by DehNutCase

19 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I have an idea...

renewal on Camilla from an extra Fae?

You'd think that someone WITH Camilla could say whether or not this is a good idea. . .except I can't.  I'd rather give Renewal to a tankier character - not that she's necessarily bad with it, but how often does she take damage?

15 minutes ago, Sable Argyle said:

How does a Linde with bowbreaker 2 sound?

Terrible.  But that's because I'm overly fond of my archers! :P:

Joking aside, I don't think this is a good idea.  The only way a bow user will double her is if they have the Brave Bow, it's a +Spd Rebecca, or Setsuna with Darting Blow.  Of these, Bowbreaker doesn't stop Braves from doubling due to weapon effect, and the last two aren't exactly common.  She's also OHKO'd by a +Atk Takumi.  I'd look into something like Wings of Mercy or Vantage, since the only thing worse than Linde is a Linde who can get the jump on you.

Edited by eclipse

22 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Joking aside, I don't think this is a good idea.  The only way a bow user will double her is if they have the Brave Bow, it's a +Spd Rebecca, or Setsuna with Darting Blow.  Of these, Bowbreaker doesn't stop Braves from doubling due to weapon effect, and the last two aren't exactly common.  She's also OHKO'd by a +Atk Takumi.  I'd look into something like Wings of Mercy or Vantage, since the only thing worse than Linde is a Linde who can get the jump on you.

Fair enough, I got a spare Setsuna and I'm trying to figure out where I wanna drop her bowbreaker, Julia maybe?

8 minutes ago, Sable Argyle said:

Fair enough, I got a spare Setsuna and I'm trying to figure out where I wanna drop her bowbreaker, Julia maybe?

Someone that attacks at two range and doesn't mind eating a bow.  Who this is depends on your team.

12 minutes ago, Sable Argyle said:

Julia's a good choice imo. Takumi just barely misses the OHKO (unless buffed via aura or merge bonus) while Julia normally wouldn't be able to double him. So it gives you a way to deal with Takumi if you don't already have a good solution.