Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

3 hours ago, The Geek said:

I know I have some plans for skill inheritance.

Proc skills for Nino and Olivia (don't know which to use, though)

Once I get more Sheenas I'll have F!Corrin and Cordelia inherit her skill that negates weaknesses so that F!Corrin can still tank even if there's a Marth, Chrom, or Lucina around and so that Cordelia isn't quite as allergic to Takumis.

I checked and both F!Corrin and Cordelia cannot inherit the skill Svalinn Shield from sheena. I think that's only for Armor Units.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ZeroFinal said:

I checked and both F!Corrin and Cordelia cannot inherit the skill Svalinn Shield from sheena. I think that's only for Armor Units.

I think this is because there are other shields. Doesn't Michalis have Iote's shield that neutralizes bonuses? Basically the different shields are probably to cover for different weaknesses. 

That means that when Michalis GHB drops soon you should be able to get the shield on Cordelia at least.

Edited by Eleanore
spelling

I'm pretty sure my Palla didn't have 0 SP before I did the inheritance though.

Also, I'm still looking for an answer to my Frederick/Gunter question. Would Harsh Command be a good skill to pass? I don't need Gunter when Frederick is 5 star and maxed out and serves the same purpose. He also has lots of SP to burn. Jagen also already serves a purpose that Gunter would in boosting allied cavalry.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't notice I wasn't on the last page of the thread. Oops. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Eleanore said:

I think this is because there are other shields. Doesn't Michalis have Iote's shield that neutralizes bonuses? Basically the different shields are probably to cover for different weaknesses. 

That means that when Michalis GRHB drops soon you should be able to get the shield on Cordelia at least.

Ah yes you're right I forgot about Iote's Shield lol. Can't wait for that for my Cordelia.

1 minute ago, ZeroFinal said:

Ah yes you're right I forgot about Iote's Shield lol. Can't wait for that for my Cordelia.

The question is who gets Iote's on my peg-only team! I'm guessing Catria (she seems the offensive one), though I haven't checked the skill letters yet.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I'm pretty sure my Palla didn't have 0 SP before I did the inheritance though.

Also, I'm still looking for an answer to my Frederick/Gunter question. Would Harsh Command be a good skill to pass? I don't need Gunter when Frederick is 5 star and maxed out and serves the same purpose. He also has lots of SP to burn.

I have to admit that I tend to forget Harsh Commands exist even when I have it. It would probably be nice if you have some blade tome user on your team? But like if you do'n't have any other passives and don't want to keep Gunther, there is no reason for you to not pass it on. inheriting doesn't cost SP, trust me, so at worst you have an unlearned skill in Fredericks list, and in best case you actually remember to use it and have an extra buffer.

2 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

I have to admit that I tend to forget Harsh Commands exist even when I have it. It would probably be nice if you have some blade tome user on your team? But like if you do'n't have any other passives and don't want to keep Gunther, there is no reason for you to not pass it on. inheriting doesn't cost SP, trust me, so at worst you have an unlearned skill in Fredericks list, and in best case you actually remember to use it and have an extra buffer.

I don't have whatever a blade tome user is, but I've seen my units take penalties from enemy skills in the arena. Could Harsh Command reverse those?

If you are planning Arena teams, it is all about One shots. Why would you need any defensive skills when you can just kill them out right with a Brave Weapon, Dire Tome or -Blade Tome?

Edit:

I forget that not everyone has access to those. Yes Harsh Command will let you convert them into bonuses for 1 attack.

Edited by Clogon

Yeah, I only have one character who has a brave weapon and that's Draug. xP I don't know what a "dire tome" or "blade tome" is so I don't have those either. But I see, I'll give Freddy Harsh Command then. It also sounds fitting for his personality too. lol

EDIT: Oh wait, Abel has a brave weapon too. But he's not been great for me, so...

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, I see. Yeah, don't have those.

I just noticed Cordelia has a brave lance too. But I don't like her defense. I don't like using characters with low def. They get killed a lot because more units are physical than magical.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I only have one character who has a brave weapon and that's Draug. xP I don't know what a "dire tome" or "blade tome" is so I don't have those either. But I see, I'll give Freddy Harsh Command then. It also sounds fitting for his personality too. lol

"Dire tome" I assume refers to Dire Thunder, Olwen and Reinhardt's brave tomes.

"Blade" tomes are the tomes Nino, Odin, and Thajra have. Any buffs a character with one of those tomes has will increase their damage.

Just now, Robert of Normandy said:

"Dire tome" I assume refers to Dire Thunder, Olwen and Reinhardt's brave tomes.

"Blade" tomes are the tomes Nino, Odin, and Thajra have. Any buffs a character with one of those tomes has will increase their damage.

Yeah, like I said, I have none of those... Maybe next time I draw Nino though, I won't ditch her. At the time, I was just tired of all the Elibe everywhere and I still kind of am. But that will pass over.

I think I'm going to sacrifice someone in my arsenal to my +Spd -Res (I think) Narcian. I don't want to use the Brave Axe, but if I need it I have Florina standing by with Darting Blow.

4 minutes ago, InigoPadalin said:

I think I'm going to sacrifice someone in my arsenal to my +Spd -Res (I think) Narcian. I don't want to use the Brave Axe, but if I need it I have Florina standing by with Darting Blow.

Narcian basically becomes a slower Camilla that's slightly more bulky. I wouldn't recommend the brave ax feed but hey, to each his own

Speaking of the brave axe, is it too bad and terrible of an idea to give one to a 4⋆ (and thus Nóatúnless) Anna?
She's fast enough to basically ignore the speed penalty and hits like a truck. This way she will hit like a mini-van but still be fast enough.
Or not?

I'm planning on giving my Nowi Swordbreaker, which would not only allow her to 1 round any Falchion unit, but also guarantee she'll survive an encounter with them.

Also, I like the idea of giving Sanaki Swordbreaker (with Raudhrraven she'd be a monster against anything that isn't a red mage or a blue unit gonna have to get those 22K feathers to sacrifice 5* Henry).

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of the brave axe, is it too bad and terrible of an idea to give one to a 4⋆ (and thus Nóatúnless) Anna?
She's fast enough to basically ignore the speed penalty and hits like a truck. This way she will hit like a mini-van but still be fast enough.
Or not?

I think the best candidate for brave axe inheritance would be Cherche due to her ridiculous atk 

I don't think Anna needs the brave axe, as she wants to preserve her speed tier.

1 hour ago, InigoPadalin said:

Free units have neutral IVs.

9 minutes ago, WinterMidnight said:

What units would Seal Attack be good on? I just got Rebecca while looking for Jaffar, but I have no interest in using her.

I would like to refer to Catria as a good example of Seal Attack being used optimally, as Armored Blow can result in an effective -13 damage taken.

It would be best on units with high base defense, like Eldigan or Ephraim, as it lets them take almost no damage at all from repeated physical hits.

23 minutes ago, WinterMidnight said:

What units would Seal Attack be good on? I just got Rebecca while looking for Jaffar, but I have no interest in using her.

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I would like to refer to Catria as a good example of Seal Attack being used optimally, as Armored Blow can result in an effective -13 damage taken.

It would be best on units with high base defense, like Eldigan or Ephraim, as it lets them take almost no damage at all from repeated physical hits.

Seal Attack is mostly for characters that aren't killing their target in one round of combat. It cripples them for the remainder of your player phase and during enemy phase and lets you focus your efforts elsewhere. (Note that debuffs wear off after the unit's next action, meaning if the opponent has a Dancer, the refreshed unit will no longer be debuffed.)

1 hour ago, RipTide said:

What would you guys and gals inherit to a -hp +spd klein?

Something like threaten defense for his C slot, and depending on your other units either a rally or a skill like reposition/draw back/swap. Other than that I think Klein is a pretty optimized unit with his base skills.