Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

6 minutes ago, OKigen said:

Azama (for bonus...). He's 4 stars and level 26... 

Last season I had Sanaki so Julia was a cake.

First, don't bait Julia straight-away.  When you see the "Julia hidden by a blue" move, get out of range!

Second, options:

1. Give Hector Wary Fighter/G Tomebreaker.  Wouldn't recommend this, since I'd rather give him something else.  He will ORKO her, assuming that Armads' passive is up.
2. Get Azama up to at least 22 Speed, and use him to bait Julia (and ONLY Julia).
3. Use a different bonus character.
4. Completely revamp your team.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For inheritance purposes, which of my duplicates do I keep?

Spoiler
  • Adult Tiki: +SPD/-HP, or +RES/-DEF
  • F!Corrin: +DEF/-SPD, +SPD/-RES, or +RES/-HP
  • Gaius: +ATK/-DEF(4*) or +RES/-HP(3*)
  • Clarine:+ATK/-RES or +SPD/-RES
  • Florina: +ATK/-RES(4*) or +SPD/-RES(3*)
  • Sully: +DEF/-HP(4*), or Balanced(3*)
  • Niles: +HP/-SPD or +DEF/-ATK
  • Felicia: Balanced(4*), or +RES/-HP(3*)

*Bolded boons/banes is what im leaning towards.

4 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Hide contents
  • Adult Tiki: +SPD/-HP, or +RES/-DEF
  • F!Corrin: +DEF/-SPD, +SPD/-RES, or +RES/-HP
  • Gaius: +ATK/-DEF(4*) or +RES/-HP(3*)
  • Clarine:+ATK/-RES or +SPD/-RES
  • Florina: +ATK/-RES(4*) or +SPD/-RES(3*)
  • Sully: +DEF/-HP(4*), or Balanced(3*)
  • Niles: +HP/-SPD or +DEF/-ATK
  • Felicia: Balanced(4*), or +RES/-HP(3*)

Tiki A +Spe -HP

Corrin F +Res -HP

Gaius +Atk -Def

Clarine +Spe -Res

Florina +Atk -Res

Sully +Def -HP

Niles +HP Spe

Felicia +Res -HP

In the order listed. I disagree with your choice for Adult Tiki because she is naturally very bulky; -HP doesn't punish either defense too hard and lets her get doubled by fewer enemies. My Fae is also +Spe -HP if you want a reference for my reasoning. Otherwise, looks good so far!

7 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Hide contents
  • Adult Tiki: +SPD/-HP, or +RES/-DEF eeshhhh both of these are not that great... buttt.... I think yeah, +Res is the one to go with, she might be able to handle range-countering green mages pretty good with that setup...
  • F!Corrin: +DEF/-SPD, +SPD/-RES, or +RES/-HP I think +Spd/-Res is what I would go with, actually. Corrin's Res isn't that great to begin with but her Speed and Def are both good, so I'd aim to preserve those, personally. The ability to tank AND double is what sets Corrin apart so that's what I'd prefer myself. 
  • Gaius: +ATK/-DEF(4*) or +RES/-HP(3*) Yeah Atk+ is gud
  • Clarine:+ATK/-RES or +SPD/-RES +Spd better defensively (more what she should do than offense IMO) so that.
  • Florina: +ATK/-RES(4*) or +SPD/-RES(3*) Her speed is bad anyway so +Atk IMO. 
  • Sully: +DEF/-HP(4*), or Balanced(3*) Hmm. Tough call but I think +Def will actually take hits better....??
  • Niles: +HP/-SPD or +DEF/-ATK Tough call, neither of those are great Dx Umm. +Def I guess.
  • Felicia: Balanced(4*), or +RES/-HP(3*) Oh definitely +Res, boost that Glacies. 

green response ~3o

Hi everyone! This is my first message here ^_^

I'm building my team, but i'm looking for suggestions about skills...

I'm using Sharena - Nino - Eirika, and i'm trying (F) Corrin for round the team up. 

Nino +def/-res
Neutral Sharena (of course XD)
Eirika  + HP/-atk
Neutral (F) Corrin.

I gave Escutcheon to Eirika, and Defiant Def 3 for make her more bulky and be more durable for buff the other teammates (she has Hone Speed 3 and Sieglinde for the +3 Atk),  with Sharena who has Hone Def 3 and Rally Res. But, truth is..i have no idea for the other abilities for (F) Corrin and Nino...
Using Corrin as a "Nowi clone" IMHO let her debuff potential go to waste, but maybe i'm wrong XD that's why i'm begging for your help ^_^

For now, my team has, for sum it up:

Sharena: Fensalir/Rally Res/Moonbow, Speed +3/ - / Hone Def 3
Nino: Gronnblade+/ Draw Back/ - , Res +3/ - / - 
Eirika: Sieglinde/ Pivot/ Escutcheon, Defiant Def 3/ Drag Back/ Hone Speed 3
(F) Corrin: Dark Breath/ - / Draconic Aura, - / Seal Res 2/ -  (as you can guess, she's still 4 stars XD)

Any suggestion will be appreciated, and sorry for my bad english ^^''

Edited by KuraiFede

Are there any suggestions for the C slot on a +Atk/-Spd Adult Tiki? I've stuck with her default Defiant Atk in the A slot (I mean...she's going to be under 50% after anything hits her. Except Axes), given her Quick Riposte (Red, magical pseudo-Hector, aw yeah), and Reciprocal Aid for her Assist...and I'm now stuck wondering what else she (and her team) would benefit from. I'm thinking probably some flavor of Threaten or Hone...not sure though.

~

48 minutes ago, KuraiFede said:

'm using Sharena - Nino - Eirika, and i'm trying (F) Corrin for round the team up. 

Whoa. That's...basically what I run O.o . I have Sharena swapped out for Azura though, because Song power is pretty strong when paired with Nino.

Here are the sets I've got:

1. Nino +Atk/-Res: Gronnblade+/Draw Back/[no proc]/Darting Blow (going to change it to Death Blow eventually)/Vantage/Savage Blow
  2. Eirika +Atk/-HP: Sieglinde/Pivot/[no proc...yet]/Fury/Renewal/Hone Spd
  3. F!Corrin +Atk/-Res: Dark Breath+/Rally Defense/Draconic Aura/Speed +3/Swordbreaker/Hone Atk
  4. Azura +Spd/-Res: Sapphire Lance+/Sing (duh)/Moonbow (or...it will be. Eventually)/Speed +3/Wings of Mercy/Fortify Res

Unit-by-unit breakdown

Corrin

I gave Corrin Speed +3 to avoid doubling by +Spd Lucina in case I didn't get the chance to stick her next to Eirika, and have no real option except to have her face-tank the Falchion hit (it hurts, but she can do it...and she'll kill whoever it was on the next turn, bonus!). Swordbreaker kinda accomplishes the same goal, I'm just testing it right now. And it's not like Speed +3 is wasted, since she'd have 41 Spd after an Eirika buff (this is at 5* rarity, mind), which is a pretty nice number to hit. Seal Res is perfectly serviceable, however, and will almost certainly be setting up a kill for either her or Nino.

Hone Atk is there because she already had it, and I don't think there are any significantly better options for her C slot. Sometimes (very rarely, though), the extra +1 Atk that Corrin gives over Eirika comes in handy...but if it's not, she could always just give the buff to Eirika herself (who otherwise can't get an Atk buff).

Rally Defense rounds out the buff spectrum since I'm not running Sharena. Because you are using Sharena, I'd replace Rally Defense with a positioning skill, probably Swap or Reposition, which will allow you to have Nino nuke someone and bring in Corrin to move her out of harm's way.

Eirika

Sieglinde is the obvious choice. Pivot...you could honestly stick a Rally on her and make her the Nino Rallybot with axe-killing support (though Nino herself shouldn't have trouble with Axes, yours should even be able to take down +Atk Hector if she really needs to). I'm just used to her having Pivot at this point. I've given her Bonfire, but don't have enough SP to unlock it yet.

I went ahead and stuck Fury on her because it amplifies her Atk and Spd to levels on par with other "top tier" sword users (49 and 38, respectively...which is pretty similar to many neutral Atk/+Spd sword lords) and also bumps up her naturally good defenses (thus my choice to give her Bonfire). Renewal offsets Fury damage a little bit. Hone Spd is also a pretty obvious choice for a Nino team.

Nino

This is probably the most unconventional set on the team. I'm currently running Darting Blow, and it's pretty nice to watch the Lucinas get doubled, but at the end of the day, I have two other units who can fill the "kill sword lords" job, and I'd much rather have Death Blow to secure more one-shots, particularly against ranged enemies (mostly enemy Ninos). I use my Nino a little oddly, and will sometimes end up leaving her in the middle of multiple two-range units (not named Tharja, Sanaki, etc. obviously), especially when I don't have Azura nearby to Sing her out of danger. Vantage comes in handy for that. Savage Blow helps secure future one-shots, because perfect buff positioning, while awesome, isn't always easy to guarantee).

In terms of other options...I'm seeing a lot of hype for Life and Death. I personally like the ability to have her eat +Atk Hector alive with a Def buff, so I wouldn't do it myself, but it really comes down to preference. I see a good amount of Fury Ninos in the Arena (probably because Fury's relatively easy to get), that'd be a decent option I think, as long as you don't need her to take any ranged damage on the enemy phase after the Fury damage has eaten some of her HP. I see a lot of Desperation suggestions flying around (see just above, actually), but Vantage is a better fit for the way I use her...again, comes down to preference. Hone Atk is perfectly fine in the C slot. For a proc...you really want something with a low cooldown like Moonbow or Luna, because Gronnblade bumps up the skill timer by 1.

Not going to discuss Azura because you're running Sharena. I agree with the Moonbow choice (that's what I gave mine), and for the B slot...I'd recommend either Swordbreaker, Wings of Mercy, or Escape Route. Warping Lances are pretty nice to have around, especially with Nino on the team, who doesn't really like reds (especially the mage variety).

Edited by LordFrigid
Post reformatting.

I've decided to do a write up on Ephraim, but I'm not sure if it deserves it's own thread, so I'm posting it here.

Ephraim's neutral stats: 45/51/25/32/20

He has the standard bulky physical unit stat distribution, with high Atk, Def and HP, but Low speed and lower res. However, skill inheritance has allowed him to patch up his flaws, and is quite possibly one of the best lancers in the current meta.

Spoiler

Set 1: Sword/Lance delete button

Siegmund

Draw back/Reciprocal aid

Moonbow

Triangle Adept

Lancebreaker

Threaten Defense 

Optimal IV: +Atk -Res

This set allows him to OHKO most relevant red units thanks to Tri Adept 3 (those who are not OHKOed are rarely seen in the arena, aside from Eldigan), and TA also reduces all damage taken from unbuffed swords to 0.

Lancebreaker allows him to double other lancers for massive damage off that 51 Atk stat, and has the added effect of negating Effie's wary fighter. Since most of the meta is red and blue, this set performs very well in the arena. Be wary of fury builds though, as the extra def and spd may prevent an OHKO.

Threaten Def and Moonbow are good enough to not need replacing.

For his support skill, I suggest Draw back for utility or reciprocal aid to replenish his HP.

Counters: any green unit, due to TA. Red mages are no problem, but blue mages that can double him (Linde) will most likely ORKO him as well.

Spoiler

Set 2: More speed (gotta go fast)

Siegmund

Draw back 

Moonbow

Speed+3/fury

Swordbreaker

Threaten Def/Spd

Required IVs: +Spd

My personal set, tailor made for my +Spd Ephraim.

Speed boon gives him +4 speed, combined with speed+3 or fury 3, he reaches a good 32 speed, which is a key speed tier that prevents him from getting doubled by threats like +Spd Takumi and Sharena, while also allowing him to double other blues like neutral speed Abel, Nowi and Ephraim naturally. However, +spd variants of those units will require rally speed or threaten speed to be doubled. I prefer speed+3 since it preserves his HP, which is important for the next skill.

Swordbreaker then prevents him from getting doubled by the >36 speed sword users, instead letting him double them for clean ORKOs, essentially removing threats like Lucina and Eldigan instantly.

Threaten Speed is there if you want him to double even more things. Otherwise, threaten Def can still be kept. Draw back is for utility, which has saved me on a few occasions. Due to his increased speed, he can go up against some axe wielders like Camilla and still win. He even doubles neutral Julia, one of his supposed counters.

Counters: HECTOR. Minerva is also a huge threat, as are green units with Triangle adept, but those aren't very common. Others are not so much counters, but more like checks since he can win most 1v1 encounters if played well, but keep in mind that he will lose a lot of HP when fighting magic units like Tiki(Y) and Nowi, and will not be able to survive being attacked by more than one.

Spoiler

Final set: offensive support

Siegmund

Rally Defense

Moonbow

Tri Adept/Fury

Lancebreaker /Swordbreaker /Quick riposte 

Hone Speed

Looks familiar? This is basically the exact same blade-buffing set that placed Eirika in S tier, but with the added advantage of being a blue unit with front liner stats. This set also leaves his A and B slots free, which allows him to run parts of the previous 2 sets like Tri adept and breaker skills. This allows him to serve a double role as sword killer and buffer, and is arguably his most potent set.

Counters: Depending on your choice of A and B skills, usually  the same as the previous 2 sets.

Good teammates: For the first set, a green counter is always required. Any sword lord can fill this role.

For the second set, a speed buffer works really well. With rally speed, Ephraim does not get doubled by even the fastest units like Linde, and will never be ORKOed as a result.

For the third set, blade users like Nino and Tharja benefit greatly from the buffs.

Other teammates that work with all sets would be dancers, who go well with any team, a magic based unit, to prevent high defense units from walling him, and a Hector counter, as always.

If you spot any mistakes in the calculations, feel free to correct me, as I haven't had the time to double check all the matchups.

Edited by Korath88

34 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I've decided to do a write up on Ephraim, but I'm not sure if it deserves it's own thread, so I'm posting it here.

He has the standard bulky physical unit stat distribution, with high Atk, Def and HP, but Low speed and lower res. However, skill inheritance has allowed him to patch up his flaws, and is quite possibly one of the best lancers in the current meta.

Hide contents

Siegmund

Draw back/Reciprocal aid

Moonbow

Triangle Adept

Lancebreaker

Threaten Defense 

This set allows him to OHKO any red thanks to Tri Adept 3, while lancebreaker allows him to double other lancers for massive damage off that 51 Atk stat, and has the added effect of negating Effie's wary fighter. Since most of the meta is red and blue, this set performs very well in the arena. 

For his support skill, I suggest Draw back for utility or reciprocal aid to replenish his HP.

Counters: any green unit, due to TA. Red mages are no problem, but blue mages that can double him (Linde) will most likely ORKO him as well.

Hide contents

Set 2: More speed (gotta go fast)

Siegmund

Draw back 

Moonbow

Speed+3/fury

Swordbreaker

Threaten Def/Spd

Required IVs: +Spd

My personal set, tailored made for my +Spd Ephraim.

Speed boon gives him +4 speed, combined with speed+3 or fury 3, he reaches a good 32 speed, which is a key speed tier that prevents him from getting doubled by threats like +Spd Takumi and Sharena, while also allowing him to double other blues like neutral speed Abel, all Nowi variants and neutral speed Ephraim naturally. I prefer speed+3 since it preserves his HP, which is important for the next skill.

Swordbreaker then prevents him from getting doubled by the >36 speed sword users, instead letting him double them for clean ORKOs, essentially removing threats like Lucina and Eldigan instantly.

Threaten Speed is there if you want him to double even more things. Otherwise, threaten Def can still be kept. Draw back is for utility, which has saved me on a few occasions. Due to his increased speed, he can go up against some axe wielders like Camilla and still win. He even doubles neutral Julia, one of his supposed counters.

Counters: HECTOR. Minerva is also a huge threat, as are green units with Triangle adept, but those aren't very common. Others are not so much counters, but more like checks since he can win most 1v1 encounters if played well, but keep in mind that he will lose a lot of HP when fighting magic units like Tiki(Y) and Nowi, and will not be able to survive being attacked by more than one.

Hide contents

Final set: offensive support

Siegmund

Rally Defense

Moonbow

Tri Adept/Fury

Lancebreaker /Swordbreaker /Quick riposte 

Hone Speed

Looks familiar? This is basically the exact same blade-buffing set that placed Eirika in S tier, but with the added advantage of being a blue unit with front liner stats. This set also leaves his A and B slots free, which allows him to run parts of the previous 2 sets like Tri adept and breaker skills. This allows him to serve a double role as sword killer and buffer, and is arguably his most potent set.

Counters: Depending on your choice of A and B skills, usually  the same as the previous 2 sets.

Good teammates: For the first set, a green counter is always required. Any sword lord can fill this role.

For the second set, a speed buffer works really well. With rally speed, Ephraim does not get doubled by even the fastest units like Linde, and will never be ORKOed as a result.

For the third set, blade users like Nino and Tharja benefit greatly from the buffs.

Other teammates that work with all sets would be dancers, who go well with any team, a magic based unit, to prevent high defense units from walling him, and a Hector counter, as always.

Very nice write-up! Ephraim is one of my favorite FE characters, so I was sad he didn't see much use in Heroes (primarily due to his speed) relative to other lancers like Sharena. I'm excited to use skill inheritance to make him into a beast though!

Question: What are the pros and cons of running Quick Riposte for his B-slot on Set 1 over Lancebreaker? My only unit with Lancebreaker rn is Narcian, and I'm unwilling to sacrifice any GHB-exclusive characters.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to hear your thoughts on Ephraim's role on a team (mostly interested in the first set), taking skill inheritance into account. In what scenarios or team comps would you be more likely to take Ephraim over another lancer, like Sharena?

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

22 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Very nice write-up! Ephraim is one of my favorite FE characters, so I was sad he didn't see much use in Heroes (primarily due to his speed) relative to other lancers like Sharena. I'm excited to use skill inheritance to make him into a beast though!

Question: What are the pros and cons of running Quick Riposte for his B-slot on Set 1 over Lancebreaker? My only unit with Lancebreaker rn is Narcian, and I'm unwilling to sacrifice any GHB-exclusive characters.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to hear your thoughts on Ephraim's role on a team (mostly interested in the first set), taking skill inheritance into account. In what scenarios or team comps would you be more likely to take Ephraim over another lancer, like Sharena?

Quick riposte is enemy phase focused, allowing him to always double when attacked regardless of the enemy's weapon type, but the main con of this is the HP threshold is more restrictive. However, if you use him as more of an enemy phase tank, it works very well, as he then doubles any unit that isn't 2 range. One more thing to note is that unlike lancebreaker, quick riposte doesn't prevent him from being doubled.

His main role on the team is to remove swords, and he is now more effective than Sharena in this regard, as neither can naturally double the relevant sword users without swordbreaker, but Ephraim utilises swordbreaker and Triangle adept better due to his higher Atk and Def. He also has a better matchup against other lancers with lancebreaker or quick riposte for similar reasons. Ephraim can also now serve as the team buffer as well, since his weapon has the same effect as Eirika's. 

Edited by Korath88

Oh man. I'm starting to think we should probably have a dedicated thread for character writeups and whatnot. That Ephraim one is quite good. 

I dropped a suggestion in the mod chat, but that will probably have to wait. . .though if I do get my way, expect to see wallposts from me!

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

Speed boon gives him +4 speed, combined with speed+3 or fury 3, he reaches a good 32 speed, which is a key speed tier that prevents him from getting doubled by threats like +Spd Takumi and Sharena, while also allowing him to double other blues like neutral speed Abel, all Nowi variants and neutral speed Ephraim naturally. I prefer speed+3 since it preserves his HP, which is important for the next skill.

+SPD Nowi reaches 30 speed, so he wouldn't double her with just 32 speed.  So if a dedicated thread is made like Banryu suggested, that part should be amended to all neutral SPD Nowi variants like the Abel and Ephraim examples.

13 minutes ago, GinRei said:

+SPD Nowi reaches 30 speed, so he wouldn't double her with just 32 speed.  So if a dedicated thread is made like Banryu suggested, that part should be amended to all neutral SPD Nowi variants like the Abel and Ephraim examples.

Just checked, you're right on that. Fixed the main post.

2 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Siegmund

Draw back/Reciprocal aid

Moonbow

Triangle Adept

Lancebreaker

Threaten Defense 

This set allows him to OHKO any red thanks to Tri Adept 3, while lancebreaker allows him to double other lancers for massive damage off that 51 Atk stat, and has the added effect of negating Effie's wary fighter. Since most of the meta is red and blue, this set performs very well in the arena. 

OBJECTION! +ATT Ephraim does not OHKO Draug, a Red Unit, with Triangle Adept 3.
(54 ATT Boon * 1.4 WTA Mod = 75 || 75 - 39 = 36 // Neutral!Draug has 50 HP, leaving him with 14 Health. // Draug has 27 SPD with the Brave Sword equipped, so Ephraim will not be doubling him.)

Other Neutral!Red units not OHKO by Ephraim include... Hinata, Eldigan, Chrom, Seliph
That aside, that Ephraim looks pretty good! I personally run a +DEF,-RES Ephraim with Defiant DEF and Swordbreaker (with Pivot) instead of Triangle Adept and Lancebreaker (and Reciprocal Aid/Draw Back) since my primary concern is dealing with Swords. Then with Defiant DEF, it boosts Ephraim's defenses against everybody and not just Red units. Magic will still kill him though.

One point for wielding Lancebreaker is dealing with Sharena. I know my Ephraim has problems dealing with her due to her high SPD and respectable ATT, and Sharena is fielded commonly enough to warrant thinking about Lancebreaker for Ephraim. The only other lance user I normally find is Effie, but normal Ephraim can handle her just find without Lancebreaker. It will, however, help him deal with Effie's Wary Fighter much easier.

As for Triangle Adept, the +ATT Ephraim will one-shot even +DEF Lucina, +DEF Lyn, and even +DEF Marth. He will also take less damage in return due to the greater WTA advantage. (75 - 32 DEF for +DEF Marth = 43 Damage || Marth can only have 41 Health since he has the +DEF Boon.)

Overall, I love the combo with the Triangle Adept and Lancebreaker for +ATT, -RES Ephraim. He will be able to deal with the common Reds reliably (Lucina, Marth), and even takes less damage from Red Mages (Tharja, Sanaki). Then with Lancebreaker, he will be able to turn the tide against Sharena and even break Effie's Wary Fighter advantage. Excellent write-up!

4 hours ago, Sire said:

OBJECTION! +ATT Ephraim does not OHKO Draug, a Red Unit, with Triangle Adept 3.
(54 ATT Boon * 1.4 WTA Mod = 75 || 75 - 39 = 36 // Neutral!Draug has 50 HP, leaving him with 14 Health. // Draug has 27 SPD with the Brave Sword equipped, so Ephraim will not be doubling him.)

Other Neutral!Red units not OHKO by Ephraim include... Hinata, Eldigan, Chrom, Seliph
That aside, that Ephraim looks pretty good! I personally run a +DEF,-RES Ephraim with Defiant DEF and Swordbreaker (with Pivot) instead of Triangle Adept and Lancebreaker (and Reciprocal Aid/Draw Back) since my primary concern is dealing with Swords. Then with Defiant DEF, it boosts Ephraim's defenses against everybody and not just Red units. Magic will still kill him though.

One point for wielding Lancebreaker is dealing with Sharena. I know my Ephraim has problems dealing with her due to her high SPD and respectable ATT, and Sharena is fielded commonly enough to warrant thinking about Lancebreaker for Ephraim. The only other lance user I normally find is Effie, but normal Ephraim can handle her just find without Lancebreaker. It will, however, help him deal with Effie's Wary Fighter much easier.

As for Triangle Adept, the +ATT Ephraim will one-shot even +DEF Lucina, +DEF Lyn, and even +DEF Marth. He will also take less damage in return due to the greater WTA advantage. (75 - 32 DEF for +DEF Marth = 43 Damage || Marth can only have 41 Health since he has the +DEF Boon.)

Overall, I love the combo with the Triangle Adept and Lancebreaker for +ATT, -RES Ephraim. He will be able to deal with the common Reds reliably (Lucina, Marth), and even takes less damage from Red Mages (Tharja, Sanaki). Then with Lancebreaker, he will be able to turn the tide against Sharena and even break Effie's Wary Fighter advantage. Excellent write-up!

Corrected the main post accordingly. However, the only relevant red unit that isn't OHKOed is Eldigan, as Draug and Hinata are nonexistent in the arena, and Chrom and Seliph are only used by those without better alternatives, and don't pose as much of a threat as say, Lucina and Ryoma. However, once Zephiel and Xander are released, those two will also be relevant reds that cannot be OHKOed.

Edit: messed around with the combat calculator, and apparently all those sword units you mentioned deal a grand total of 0 damage to Ephraim. He can't OHKO them, but it doesn't even matter anyways.

Edited by Korath88

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If Camus ever gets implemented, I can see the Longsword, Horseslayer, and Halberd returning and possibly actually being useful since cavalry is more common and harder to deal with than armor.

I know I'm dumb and the point flew over my head but Camus is immune to anti-cavalry anyway.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I know I'm dumb and the point flew over my head but Camus is immune to anti-cavalry anyway.

But Camus will be there making Horse Emblem that much stronger. And you can at most get only 2 units with Grani's Shield anyways.

Yeah, I forgot Camus had Grani's Shield.

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I just got my Minerva to 40 and I haven't used any of her SP yet. What would be good on her? She is +Spd -Def.

So, she's gonna go fast.  Like, 41 Speed fast.

Proc - Sacred Cowl works, but if you want something more offensive, the Dragonic series would probably be best.
Assist - I like anything that allows for repositioning (whether it's Actual Reposition, Swap, Pivot, etc.)

A skill - What's there not to love off of 52 MT and 41 Speed?  Life or Death 3, even though her Defense drops to 24.
B skill - The usual movement gimmicks apply (in this case, Wings of Mercy).  If you think you can safely get her below 50%, then Desperation - can't think of too many things that'll survive two consecutive attacks from her.
C skill - Your favorite aura.

I've got a -Atk +Spd Minerva, so I'm guessing Life or Death is a must for good damage? Kind of like her durability though, maybe Iote's shield combined with Sacred Cowl for a defensive ranged unit approacher/baiter?

I like the idea of Desperation though. 

Since her weapon lowers cooldown, how about Growing Wind with her high speed for faster activation? or Galeforce?

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I've got a -Atk +Spd Minerva, so I'm guessing Life or Death is a must for good damage? Kind of like her durability though, maybe Iote's shield combined with Sacred Cowl for a defensive ranged unit approacher/baiter?

Since her weapon lowers cooldown, how about Growing Wind with her high speed for faster activation? or Galeforce?

You can attempt the Fury route, to make her more durable.  Her attack will be a not-quite-as-scary 47, her speed will be a poitn higher than a neutral LoD one, and she gains some bulk in the process.

For procs, I much prefer something like Dragonic Aura/Dragon Fang, since stuff like F!Corrin can survive two straight hits with this build.  If Minerva attacks, I want her target to be dead!

2 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

I just got my Minerva to 40 and I haven't used any of her SP yet. What would be good on her? She is +Spd -Def.

14 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Desperation, Escape Route, and Wings of Mercy all seem pretty good for Minerva's B-slot. 

Growing Wind is also a really good suggestion for her Special slot since she's gonna be doubling so often and, as mentioned, Hauteclere lowers her special counter. The only real problem there is her lack of tankiness due to LaD meaning she won't be sticking around as long, so I think it depends on where you plan to use her: if it's Arena, then Dragon Fang / Draconic Aura is probably the way to go. Otherwise, GW is just fine. However if she's getting enough hits in to build up Growing Wind without dying, she's probably taken out half your foe's team already and maybe doesn't really need the help haha. 

C-slot is pretty interchangeable and depends on what your team wants. 

Seconding any mobility skill for support. Reposition, swap, pivot, you name it. Rallies aren't a bad idea for instances where she has to hang back as well, and Reciprocal Aid can help get her safely in range of Desperation since she might have trouble with that otherwise. If running WoM or ER for Passive B, then definitely recommend rallies or mobility skills. RecipAid goes well with Desperation for sure though. 

Edited by BANRYU

My Minerva was +attack -speed, so I had a more defensive build. I poetically absorbed her brother and gave her iote's shield along with renewal and pullback. It's working pretty well so far.

I have also been having amazing amazing success with a marth/jeorge pair. Marth inspires speed and rallies attack, while I have jeorge desperation and darting blow, rally defense and he inspires speed as well. I changed his special to new moon, and boy oh boy I'm lovin' it.

Now I just need an abel, catria, or linde for my all Archana team.... I can't stand Cordelia, even if she is 5*

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

10 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

My Minerva was +attack -speed, so I had a more defensive build. I poetically absorbed her brother and gave her iote's shield along with renewal and pullback. It's working pretty well so far.

I have also been having amazing amazing success with a marth/jeorge pair. Marth inspires speed and rallies attack, while I have jeorge desperation and darting blow, rally defense and he inspires speed as well. I changed his special to new moon, and boy oh boy I'm lovin' it.

Now I just need an abel, catria, or linde for my all Archana team.... I can't stand Cordelia, even if she is 5*

...Is Cordelia not Ylissean?