Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

What skills would you give a five star Michalis? Any suggestions Literally anything helps. Even if it's a set for keks.

Assuming you keep Iote's Shield, I'd go for making him as much of a Def tank as possible-- something like Iote/Quick Riposte/Threaten Atk for passives, Sol or Noontime to help fuel/refresh Quick Riposte, and a mobility skill to get him on the front lines and out of the way of magic. He doesn't have much speed naturally so QuickRip helps him abuse Hauteclere's accelerated charge counter and keep him healthy enough to keep using it by extension. A breaker skill (Axe is probably best) would also work if you don't have QuickRip. 

Edited by BANRYU

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BANRYU Thanks for the input, hmm I did think about Rogue Dagger once which will help her tank Magic Users better if the arena goes magic heavy, I'll give it a shot as well.

Edited by Fei Mao

13 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Assuming you keep Iote's Shield, I'd go for making him as much of a Def tank as possible-- something like Iote/Quick Riposte/Threaten Atk for passives, Sol or Noontime to help fuel/refresh Quick Riposte, and a mobility skill to get him on the front lines and out of the way of magic. He doesn't have much speed naturally so QuickRip helps him abuse Hauteclere's accelerated charge counter and keep him healthy enough to keep using it by extension. A breaker skill (Axe is probably best) would also work if you don't have QuickRip. 

Was just about to say, good thing quick riposte is a 5 star only skill! I was thinking I'd lose my Narcian and give Michalis his Lance breaker but Narshen is too good to throw away if you only have one (back in the noob days). I have Sol but I don't want to kill my chrom for it. But if I had the units to do so, I think I'd use this set. Thank you stranger. But in the meantime:

I need more suggestions than this!

IF ANYONE IS OUT THERE, WHAT DO WITH MICHALIS!?!?

When you think people will notice your post because you typed in caps

QR is basically perfect for him. Even QR2 is fine. Outside of that.... Axebreaker? Renewal? Vantage? Wings of Mercy?

Pick any mobility assist and pretty much any special that fits your fancy. Keep in mind he lowers charge time by one.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

What skills would you give a five star Michalis? Any suggestions Literally anything helps. Even if it's a set for keks.

Special: I have a new appreciation for his natural proc (especially if he's choking a point), so let's go with that.
Assist: Something that deals with repositioning, whether it be Swap, Pivot, or Actual Reposition.
A slot: Duh.
B slot: I am a jerk that would give him Escape Route.  Unless he's baiting Tharja, he should survive most encounters, meaning that he can draw units in and run away/warp elsewhere to smack a squishy.
C slot: Threaten Def works nicely enough.  Threaten Speed can also be shoved in, depending on your team comp.

4 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

On the subject of defense teams and Nino, currently she still runs draw back so I'm still running her on defense (mainly because Ryoma and Reinhardt run Swap and Reposition, respectively, to make it confusing for people). I only have one Nino and I'd rather just use her for offense, so who do you think would work well with Ryo/Reinhardt on defense? I also have a reasonable amount of fodder I can work with. Ryoma also has vantage3. Reinhardt needs Death Blow 3, but I'm not saccing the 5* Klein and I'm waiting for a 4* one to come.

These are my guys that are 4*+ and lv 40:  

Reveal hidden contents

I just had to deal with a Vantage Ryoma earlier, and I will attest that he is irritating as all fuck.

If you just want to make people mad, run Ryoma, Reinhardt, Olivia, and Takumi (also with Vantage).  Reinhardt can cross most of the map thanks to Olivia, and Ryoma/Takumi can counter at any range.  Downside is that M!Robin would trounce your team.  If you want a little more variety, maybe something like Ryoma, Reinhardt, Minerva, and Klein.  Klein tends to invite people to melee range, which means that Ryoma/Minerva can go nuts.

12 minutes ago, The Geek said:

What's a good proc skill for Nino to inherit?  I was thinking having her inherit Glacies from the free Felicia you can get since Nino has pretty high RES.

I gave her iceberg because glacies would have a 5 proc instead of 4 but now iceberg has a 4 proc instead of 3 and her speed really helps

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Special: I have a new appreciation for his natural proc (especially if he's choking a point), so let's go with that.
Assist: Something that deals with repositioning, whether it be Swap, Pivot, or Actual Reposition.
A slot: Duh.
B slot: I am a jerk that would give him Escape Route.  Unless he's baiting Tharja, he should survive most encounters, meaning that he can draw units in and run away/warp elsewhere to smack a squishy.
C slot: Threaten Def works nicely enough.  Threaten Speed can also be shoved in, depending on your team comp.

I think I can sink my teefs into this. I'd have to give up Cecillia for the Escape route but who cares when you have Nino!? I have reposition and swap so it's gonna be a coin toss on that end.

I thank you!

41 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

IF ANYONE IS OUT THERE, WHAT DO WITH MICHALIS!?!?

For a slightly different flavor of build, you could try Iote's Shield or Defiant Atk, Escape Route, Hone [Stat] or Savage Blow or Breath of Life, 'cause that totally suits him. Keep Blazing Thunder and give him Reciprocal Aid or Draw Back. The basic idea is to let him sit in front of physical things (preferably lances), have him dip when he gets low, then zip back in for a surprise Blazing Thunder. Have him sitting next to Caeda before his face-tanking session for maximum effect (41 Def is pretty cool). I could launch into a Caeda spiel here but I'll spare you.

On the assist, Reciprocal Aid lets him go in for more face-tanking if one session wasn't enough for Blazing Thunder to charge up. Draw Back, on the other hand, is particularly handy with Escape Route because it extends the "Get out of jail free" factor to his teammates (ex. they go in, he warps to them and takes them back out).

C skill is a buff or other offense-based option because he's probably not going to be in Threaten range with that particular strategy.

Oh-- @Arcanite someone mentioned a Growing Wind build with Michalis at some point that sounded pretty promising (think that one also involved QR), but I don't remember the specifics of it unfortunately Dx Maybe someone else remembers...?

26 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If you just want to make people mad, run Ryoma, Reinhardt, Olivia, and Takumi (also with Vantage).  Reinhardt can cross most of the map thanks to Olivia, and Ryoma/Takumi can counter at any range.  Downside is that M!Robin would trounce your team.  If you want a little more variety, maybe something like Ryoma, Reinhardt, Minerva, and Klein.  Klein tends to invite people to melee range, which means that Ryoma/Minerva can go nuts.

Reinhardt rips apart Male!Robin unless he's running B!Tomebreaker which not many are willing to do. Even then Reinhardt might be able to get the 1RK still with Olivia's attack buff due to it being a brave tome and Robin having crap res. And his ideal bane being -Res. 

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

For a slightly different flavor of build, you could try Iote's Shield or Defiant Atk, Escape Route, Hone [Stat] or Savage Blow or Breath of Life, 'cause that totally suits him. Keep Blazing Thunder and give him Reciprocal Aid or Draw Back. The basic idea is to let him sit in front of physical things (preferably lances), have him dip when he gets low, then zip back in for a surprise Blazing Thunder. Have him sitting next to Caeda before his face-tanking session for maximum effect (41 Def is pretty cool). I could launch into a Caeda spiel here but I'll spare you.

On the assist, Reciprocal Aid lets him go in for more face-tanking if one session wasn't enough for Blazing Thunder to charge up. Draw Back, on the other hand, is particularly handy with Escape Route because it extends the "Get out of jail free" factor to his teammates (ex. they go in, he warps to them and takes them back out).

C skill is a buff or other offense-based option because he's probably not going to be in Threaten range with that particular strategy.

This looks pretty tasty too, remarkably similar to what Eclipse said. Although drawback is something I'd like to think about as opposed to reposition/shwap.

If it has to be a hone stat it'd have to be attack cause I have 2 olivias and an F corrin waiting to feed their souls.

Thanks for the suggestion, nobleman!

12 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Oh-- @Arcanite someone mentioned a Growing Wind build with Michalis at some point that sounded pretty promising (think that one also involved QR), but I don't remember the specifics of it unfortunately Dx Maybe someone else remembers...?

If only I had a spare merric lying around with growing wind :( this game did me dirty with green units

2 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Reinhardt rips apart Male!Robin unless he's running B!Tomebreaker which not many are willing to do. Even then Reinhardt might be able to get the 1RK still with Olivia's attack buff due to it being a brave tome and Robin having crap res. And his ideal bane being -Res. 

If a single unit  is super-effective against 3/4 of your team, it's a bad sign (armors are a maybe, since they usually don't join the main battle until late).  While Reindhardt MIGHT be able to delete button Robin, he'd then have to deal with the rest of the enemy team, and we all know how intelligent the AI is about that!

Edited by eclipse

47 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I just had to deal with a Vantage Ryoma earlier, and I will attest that he is irritating as all fuck.

I do have Vantage Takumi (Vantage 2 instead of 3, though, I ran out of Lon'qus) and both teams you suggested sound pretty cool--I think I want to try the latter first, just because I had Takumi on my defense team before and variety is nice. Any skill suggestions for Klein? Unfortunately he's -Atk (+Def) but I'll take what I get.

1 minute ago, Thor Odinson said:

I do have Vantage Takumi (Vantage 2 instead of 3, though, I ran out of Lon'qus) and both teams you suggested sound pretty cool--I think I want to try the latter first, just because I had Takumi on my defense team before and variety is nice. Any skill suggestions for Klein? Unfortunately he's -Atk (+Def) but I'll take what I get.

Hmmm, that makes things complicated.  The 3 MT loss hurts, but it doesn't mean that Klein's entire existence is invalidated.  Assist can be a repositioning skill, since the enemy will either rush down Klein, or kite around him.  C skill's pretty flexible - Breath of Life for a bit of healing, or something like Hone Atk to make the rest of your team even more terrifying.

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Hmmm, that makes things complicated.  The 3 MT loss hurts, but it doesn't mean that Klein's entire existence is invalidated.  Assist can be a repositioning skill, since the enemy will either rush down Klein, or kite around him.  C skill's pretty flexible - Breath of Life for a bit of healing, or something like Hone Atk to make the rest of your team even more terrifying.

Alright, cool, thanks. I do have both BoL3 and HA3 access, so I might just get him both and see which one works better.

Hm. Well. In the meantime... Attempting to make Sophia usable.......???

Spoiler

Good ol' Sophia, AKA 'why oh why is Wary Fighter armor-exclusive'. 

Set name: Lol why would you ever sack Tharja for this

• Weapon: Raudrblade+
  • Assist: Reciprocal Aid / mobility stuff
  • Special: Reprisal / Moonbow
  • Passive A: Defiant Atk 3
  • Passive B: Vantage 3 / Escape Route 3
  • Passive C: Threaten Res 3

Yeah um. IDK. Set for one-round nuking I guess? Sophia's speed is pretty much unsalvageable save against exceptionally slow folks, so she wants to be buffed with as much defensive stuff as possible so she stands a better chance at making it to DA3 range (the biggest buff to her attack that she can get aside from Death Blow which isn't damage-reliant but requires player phase nuking, also not a terrible idea). Moonbow and Reprisal (her HP is decent enough that she can deal passable damage with it) are the proc options because they're the ones she most stands a chance at being able to actually use with how low her speed is, although she can't use her proc until after she's tanked 2 hits and counterattacked once-- if attacked at range, Reprisal or whatever procs alongside Vantage and she's probably OHKOing whatever's tryna off her depending on what it is. Threaten Res preemptively softens up any attackers that she survives against for the imminent nuking. Vantage lets her stand a chance at killing things after she's taken hits and gotten into DA3 range (Escape Route also an option so she can reposition herself). Reciprocal Aid is to help get her into DA3 range without risking combat but mobility skills also work. 

Things Sophia (neutral nature) can survive

• Lucina (neutral Atk) with +4 Def buff (4 HP left). Sophia OHKOs
  • Chrom (neutral Spd) with +4 Spd buff (15 HP left). Sophia OHKOs
  • f!Corrin (Atk+) with +4 Res buff (2 HP left). Sophia OHKOs with +9 cumulative non-Atk buffs.
  • Marth (neutral Atk) with no buffs (2 HP left) / Marth + Fury (neutral Atk) with +4 Def / Atk+ Marth with +4 Def (4 HP left). Sophia OHKOs
  • Eirika (Atk+) with no buffs (4 HP left). Sophia can actually survive with +3 def if Eirika has a +4 Atk buff, and OHKOs Eirika with +5 cumulative non-atk buffs.
  • Takumi (neutral) with no buffs (4 HP left VS Takumi's 12 HP), OHKOs on player phase or with Vantage (to counter Takumi Vantage)
  • Ryoma (neutral) with +4 Def (4 HP left). Sophia OHKOs with +2 to any non-attack stat
  • y!Tiki (neutral) with no buffs / Atk+ y!Tiki with +1 Res buff. Sophia OHKOs with +5 cumulative non-atk buffs.
  • Ephraim (neutral Spd) with +4 Spd buff (11 HP left). Sophia OHKOs with +5 cumulative non-atk buffs.
  • Nowi (neutral Spd) with +4 Spd buff (15 HP left). Sophia cannot OHKO
  • Eldigan (neutral Spd) with +4 Def buff (2 HP left) / Atk+ Eldigan with +4 Spd buff (14 HP left). Sophia OHKOs

Note, BTW, that Sophia's counterattacks factor in Defiant Atk and Threaten Res. Lilina and Sanaki have way better Atk than Sophia for nuking but take physical hits even worse than Sophia, so this is kiiiiiind of a niche she has. Lili/Sana probably prefer Death Blow and Res tanking since they're more built for that. 

So anyway this Sophia's strategy basically consists of running herself into something that barely doesn't kill her, revenge-killing them via Threaten Res / Defiant Attack / ally buffs, then killing something else with her proc. If she lives that long she can weaken or kill other things as relevant. Alternatively, she can let an ally tank, then use Reciprocal Aid to get herself into DA3 range and keep teammate healthy. Her HP is pretty decent so she's not bad for this, actually. 

Set name: Red Robin

• Weapon: Raudrraven+
  • Assist: Rally X
  • Special: Moonbow / Draconic Aura / Dragon Fang
  • Passive A: Triangle Adept 3
  • Passive B: R Tomebreaker 3 / Quick Riposte 3
  • Passive C: Hone/Fortify X

TBH doing calcs for the last set kinda wore me out so I'm gonna skip them for this one. Essentially it's exactly what it's named-- a red version of m!Robin's typical set. Quick Riposte is the most suggested since you get the most attacks in that way (and charge the proc faster) but Breakers can be used to expand what she can kill on player phase depending on what team needs-- R Tomebreaker is somewhat notable as it completely reverses her otherwise-unfavorable matchups against pretty much every red mage, letting her beat Tharja outright and survive against the others. If you don't need her to handle red mages, then Quick Riposte will proc Moonbow on her second hit when she's attacked by any ranged unit who doubles her and she survives against. Assist and Passive C are to give team support for situations where she can't take something on. 

So. What makes this better than other Red mages doing the same thing? Sophia's bulk is just enough to give her what she needs when the WTA is in her favor. She takes 2 damage from Atk+ Takumi without other buffs involved, so IMO Henry's bulk is kind of overkill, and Raigh/Sanaki/Lilina all have significantly less physical bulk than Sophia does, making it harder for them to tank physical greys at range-- meanwhile, Sophia can tank green magic just as well and, with R Tomebreaker, deal with everything ranged that isn't blue. I think that's fairly noteworthy.

Edited by BANRYU

6 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Hm. Well. In the meantime... Attempting to make Sophia usable.......???

Reveal hidden contents

With Sophia's impressive bulk (as in, OHKOing her isn't an option unless you're using a Brave weapon), I'd seriously consider Close Counter.  If they can't kill her in one hit, they'll eat a massive counterattack.

16 minutes ago, eclipse said:

With Sophia's impressive bulk (as in, OHKOing her isn't an option unless you're using a Brave weapon), I'd seriously consider Close Counter.  If they can't kill her in one hit, they'll eat a massive counterattack.

Assuming she's buffed to hell in anticipation of enemy phase, that could work. Otherwise, based on my calcs it seems like she really needs the +7 Atk buff from Defiant Attack 3 with Raudrblade+ in order to actually kill anything, since she's too slow to ever double naturally and doesn't quite have the firepower of the higher-tier mages... Still, if her aim is to maim and not necessarily kill (when attacked straightaway at least), then that could certainly work, and she can always kill on the counterattack by virtue of Threaten Res.

That does actually make me wonder who the best users of Close/Distant Counter + Vantage are period, though... Debatably the best/most broken combo in the game right now.

....probably still Hector since Armads lol. I'm sure Effie would love that also. 

EDIT: okay actually even with her decent HP Reprisal still sucks compared to Moonbow on BladeSophia, don't use that. Shit dude... I WANT Reprisal and Vengeance to be good, but uh... shit. They're just not, lol.

Edited by BANRYU

5 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Assuming she's buffed to hell in anticipation of enemy phase, that could work. Otherwise, based on my calcs it seems like she really needs the +7 Atk buff from Defiant Attack 3 with Raudrblade+ in order to actually kill anything, since she's too slow to ever double naturally and doesn't quite have the firepower of the higher-tier mages... Still, if her aim is to maim and not necessarily kill (when attacked straightaway at least), then that could certainly work, and she can always kill on the counterattack by virtue of Threaten Res.

That does actually make me wonder who the best users of Close/Distant Counter + Vantage are period, though... Debatably the best/most broken combo in the game right now.

....probably still Hector since Armads lol. I'm sure Effie would love that also. 

Sophia will most likely be used as single-target non-Brave bait (possibly two targets if her goal is to soften half the team before going down).

IMO the best users of Close/Distant counter have the following qualities:

1. Can't be killed in one hit easily (excluding Braves, because they suck).
2. Don't work very well with Triangle Adept/Life or Death.
3. Have really high Atk.
4. Are free to run Vantage, if necessary (Effie doesn't think it's necessary).

By virtue of (1), (4) should be achieved fairly quickly.  (2) is because the Counter skills and Vantage are enemy-phase skills, so your typical glass cannon will end up dead.  (3) is so that the ensuing counter is worth the A slot.

20 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Sophia will most likely be used as single-target non-Brave bait (possibly two targets if her goal is to soften half the team before going down).

IMO the best users of Close/Distant counter have the following qualities:

1. Can't be killed in one hit easily (excluding Braves, because they suck).
2. Don't work very well with Triangle Adept/Life or Death.
3. Have really high Atk.
4. Are free to run Vantage, if necessary (Effie doesn't think it's necessary).

Or are really bulky and can keep Quick Riposte active for multiple rounds of combat.

Robin (M), for example, can typically have Quick Riposte active for two rounds of combat at weapon triangle advantage with his good physical bulk and how common red and colorless units are in the arena.

All of the armors make excellent use of Distant Counter and Quick Riposte with the right weapon and special skill.

I just did another 3* > 4* upgrade for skills for my arena team. This time it was my extra Jagen for Fury 2 for Marth, which he can't learn yet but I'm sure it'll come in handy eventually and it'd feel like a waste to just go for Fury 1. These 2k feather payments are adding up, but good arena teams means getting more feathers back and this shouldn't slow down my next 20k.

Did a search to see if anyone asked about this, but what do you all think about Desperation on Raven? Just a question since I don't really want to do Inherit Skills until I have a ton of spare units or I have an idea of units I really, really want to use which is pretty much all of them since I like seeing what they can do and it's fun leveling up units.

I ask since I have a 5* Raven with low def, high res. That pretty much makes him a 5* Anna, but with slightly lower res and speed for higher base attack. He hits hard and with a def bane, he's going to take more damage than he usually does. If he can survive just one hit putting him at least below 75% HP, he could probably quadruple most units. If he goes lower than 50% HP, then his natural Defiant Speed 3 kicks in which means he'll probably quadruple any unit. That seems really awesome. Not exactly a stable setup since he's still a Brave Axe user and he needs to initiate combat to get both Brave Axe and Desperation to work. I could give him a different axe from spare units.

Alternatively, like someone mentioned, Quick Riposte could work too, but to get the most out of it, I'd need a 5* Subaki which isn't going to happen soon. There's also Axebreaker, Lancebreaker, or an applicable Tomebreaker. And then the one that I don't know how it exactly works: Brash Assault. Is it kind of an opposite Quick Riposte?

Anyway, Caeda with Killing Edge and Glacies or either a Ruby Sword or Silver Sword and Iceberg or Glacies? I don't have her, but I've checked her stats and her defense isn't exactly great which is why I question why she even has Armorslayer in the first place -- Stahl should have had it since he's a bulky cavalry or actually, Est should have had it since she starts out with one in her inventory in Shadow Dragon if the wiki is correct and Palla should have been a lance flyer --, but her resistance is good. Ruby Sword and Silver Sword would be stronger weapons, but Killing Edge would allow her to activate Glacies earlier to make even more use of her resistance. Wo Dao+ would be even better, but that might be better used for someone else considering how rare it is compared to Killing Edges and Ruby Swords which technically everyone should have at least 1 spare with special map Stahl.

And dumb idea: Olivia with a Ruby Sword and Moonbow from Palla or Killing Edge and Glimmer from Lon'qu and I guess, Vantage if I wanted to waste another Lon'qu, thus, wasting all 2 units. Why? Stupidly enough, Olivia's been a better myrmidon to me than Lon'qu has because both Lon'qu I've pulled had terrible bane/boon. She's not really an offensive unit, but she's more stable than Lon'qu. Fir's been good to me.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

And then the one that I don't know how it exactly works: Brash Assault. Is it kind of an opposite Quick Riposte?

Yes. At low health, as long as the opponent is capable of counterattacking, you will automatically make a follow-up hit.

Basically, you will automatically double attack the opponent as long as the opponent can attack at melee range. If the opponent out-speeds you, both sides will double attack, taking turns to attack.

As a reminder, Brave weapons work by having "every attack hit two times". Brave weapons don't change the order of combat, they just mean you land two hits every time you would normally have landed one.

Actually does Draconic Aura take into account effective atk or just displayed atk? I can get Nino to hit 54 displayed, but she can go as high as 70 with my build. LoD2 Nino only really has 22 res unbuffed and 26 buffed, so the res procs don't feel that great for how I'm using her.