Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

14 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

I currently have Roy with a lot of SP. I already got him Moonbow, but now I'm wondering about other skills.

- Is Shove ok for him or should I give him Smite or Drag back?
- What's a good C skill for him?

If you want other skills, Shove is more than passable.

For a C Skill, I'm personally going with Threaten Speed(Selena 4*). It's, imo, the best among them at keeping the unit alive.

Edited by Suichimo

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Ryuke said:

I think Stahl Fury / (Renewal/SB) is probably the best way to go. Also abuse Swap if needed. He might be good if you pair him with a Cav with Hones Cavalry and vice versa (Frederick/Gunter). Ugh... I had planned my Frederick to go solo (non-cav team). The only small problem is... if he goes super offensive.. there are better options.

However. life and death on him wont be too bad. because everyone is stacking attack and speed. However L&D3 is an expensive skill.
Cheapest as of now.

Ruby Sword / Fury / Renewal / Escutcheon(Sacred Cowl)

Even Fury 3 is expensive when I dont have Hinata... and Renewal 2 is only in Jakob (he doesnt have 3).

-----

(Nino is really good. Goddamn.. I need to plan out a Tharja to kill him... after SI ... which is hard. because Tharja needs more attack to kill Nino. My A slow is already used on DArting Blow. She's doubling.. but high res Nino will be able to tank.)

Yeah. I like that anti-archer Saizo. Dont know how it will do with Mages. If Saizo were to take a mage spot in the arena. He should be able to kill them. (Maybe Poison Daggar can help alot)

// I will get back at you at Lucius. Most people dont use healer much. its a different strategy.

Yeah Saizo's Res isn't very good so Poison Dagger allows you to KO squishy mages asap before they can open their tomes.

At the very least, Sacred Cowl might lessen the damage on the weaker mages. Stay away from Henry/Robin though.

4 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

Anti-Meta, and both TA3 and AB3 can be gotten from 4*s (though would we really want to drop QR3 for AB3?) Currently in C he has Savage Blow, which I think is fine for the F2P option, lets him indirectly chip in against units he can't hurt due to TA3.

Assist and Specials... Assist is probably the typical "pick your favourite movement option for him", though I'd think Swap/Pivot would be better than Reposition in his case as he's also semi on magic tanking duty due to TA3, thus he needs the ability to switch in with units who end up in range after their attack. For his special... Escutcheon maybe? His speed, def, and HP are all "meh", so getting protection against melee up ASAP might help him the most.

Yeah for sure it's not necessary to get rid of Quick Riposte, Axebreaker is just a means to be more proactive about killing things since Leo's defenses aren't really the best... Escutcheon would definitely be a help with that, though, although I wonder if he'd prefer Sacred Cowl to reduce damage from bow/dagger users since he can only trade blows at range. Still, melee protection is probably important, especially if he's being sent out to eliminate Nino. 

Definitely the nice thing about this build is that it works with his default kit and needs very little else alongside it, haha. 

Edited by BANRYU

What good crud are we putting on Gunter?

Hone cavalry is a staple, of course. Any random sets will do, even if it's just for keks.

I want to maximize the Sp I have saved up on him. I made sure I didn't get armored blow or harsh command yet just in case anyone recommends something better for those slots.

Brave Axe, Quick Riposte, and Bonfire are the first things that pop into my head. It gives him solid matchups against blue units, and even +Def/Fury enemies won't always outlast him (spoiler below, using neutral Gunter). Brave Axe letting more people double him → Bonfire proc when QR is active is actually pretty scary O.o . Not sure what to replace his A with, if anything. Edit: Death Blow looks good, a Defiant would probably be fine...not 100% sure.

Spoiler

ALWAYS WINS:
Abel: 2 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 1 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Azura: 1 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 1 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Catria: 2 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 1 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Cordelia: 1 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 1 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Donnel: 2 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 2 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Effie: 2 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 2 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Ephraim: 2 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 2 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Est: 2 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 1 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Florina: 2 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 1 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Gwendolyn: 3 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 3 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Hinoka: 2 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 1 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Jagen: 2 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 1 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Ninian: 2 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 1 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Oboro: 2 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 2 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Odin: 3 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 2 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Peri: 1 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 1 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Reinhardt: 3 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 2 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Shanna: 2 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 1 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Sharena: 2 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 1 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Subaki: 2 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 1 round(s) when attacking 2nd.
Sully: 1 round(s) when attacking 1st, and 1 round(s) when attacking 2nd.

WINS WHEN ATTACKING 1st:
Linde: 1 round(s).
Olwen: 1 round(s).
Ursula: 1 round(s).

WINS WHEN ATTACKING 2nd:
Corrin (F): 2 round(s).
Nowi: 2 round(s).
Robin (M): 2 round(s).

ALWAYS LOSES:

Corrin, Donnel, Ephraim, Nowi, and Oboro become ORKOs on defense with 1 Goad Cavalry active. I'm assuming you're building a Cav team around him.

His reach as a cav will also let him get to all those pesky ranged characters, so that's cool too. Didn't really look at the other boon/bane/inheritance combos for blues, or anything on greens, but it seems promising. I might have another look later.

Edited by LordFrigid

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

Yeah for sure it's not necessary to get rid of Quick Riposte, Axebreaker is just a means to be more proactive about killing things since Leo's defenses aren't really the best... Escutcheon would definitely be a help with that, though, although I wonder if he'd prefer Sacred Cowl to reduce damage from bow/dagger users since he can only trade blows at range. Still, melee protection is probably important, especially if he's being sent out to eliminate Nino. 

Definitely the nice thing about this build is that it works with his default kit and needs very little else alongside it, haha. 

I don't how needed Axebreaker is on Leo if he has Triangle Adept, at least as a defensive measure. The highest damage he can received from an axe is probably 16 (8x2) from a +atk Minerva. Axebreaker does let you net some 1RKO that Leo would miss out on due to his poor speed and attack, so it definitely has its uses as an offensive skill, but it's not that essential as a defensive option.

59 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I don't how needed Axebreaker is on Leo if he has Triangle Adept, at least as a defensive measure. The highest damage he can received from an axe is probably 16 (8x2) from a +atk Minerva. Axebreaker does let you net some 1RKO that Leo would miss out on due to his poor speed and attack, so it definitely has its uses as an offensive skill, but it's not that essential as a defensive option.

It's definitely more for offensive purposes; I don't think Leo is threatened much by axes, but he's so slow that he has trouble ever doubling and even though he hits quite hard, it's usually not enough to one-shot guys like Hector. It's basically just a matter of expanding his role; his main purpose is to assassinate Nino by virtue of Triangle Adept and no B-skill is necessary for that, so Axebreaker is there basically just to expand his role to take care of all greens-- mages are less of an urgent situation since he can deal with them on EP (KOing the next round if they're bulky like Julia), but axebreaker gives him something to do during his attacking turns other than going after Nino and following up on green mage kills.

EDIT: I suppose one of the red breakers could also be worthwhile but I'll have to run the calcs to see if that's the case. Seems like a shame not to make it so easy to kill axes, though. 

So yeah, as you said, it's absolutely more of an offensive option and isn't needed at all for defense. This Leo's main means of defense is running away and staying out of the line of fire of anything that isn't green lol. I guess since he's so specialized his Assist and C-skill probably want to be ally buffs. 

Edited by BANRYU

Splurged last minute on the Blazing Shadows banner and pulled Karel and Priscilla, along with a decent amount of skill fodder.

I was thinking Wo Dao+ / Reciprocal Aid / Reprisal / Fury / Desperation / Filler for Karel, and I gave Priscilla Wings of Mercy because I had a ton of spare Cains, but I'm not sure what else would be good for her. Kindled-Fire Balm, maybe?

Sorry, I'm pretty terrible at skill inheritance so I wanted to confirm things first

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

It's definitely more for offensive purposes; I don't think Leo is threatened much by axes, but he's so slow that he has trouble ever doubling and even though he hits quite hard, it's usually not enough to one-shot guys like Hector. It's basically just a matter of expanding his role; his main purpose is to assassinate Nino by virtue of Triangle Adept and no B-skill is necessary for that, so Axebreaker is there basically just to expand his role to take care of all greens-- mages are less of an urgent situation since he can deal with them on EP (KOing the next round if they're bulky like Julia), but axebreaker gives him something to do during his attacking turns other than going after Nino and following up on green mage kills.

EDIT: I suppose one of the red breakers could also be worthwhile but I'll have to run the calcs to see if that's the case. Seems like a shame not to make it so easy to kill axes, though. 

So yeah, as you said, it's absolutely more of an offensive option and isn't needed at all for defense. This Leo's main means of defense is running away and staying out of the line of fire of anything that isn't green lol. I guess since he's so specialized his Assist and C-skill probably want to be ally buffs. 

How do you feel about giving Leo Raourblade and running him on a cavalry team? With offense like his, he should be able to OHKO the likes of Hector no problem (a single Hone Cavalry buff and no other buffs would be enough to give neutral Leo with Raourblade+ enough of a boost to OHKO neutral Hector even without Triangle Adept). 

If you can only afford Raourblade and not Raourblade+ you would miss out on the OHKO without another buff, but you only need one +4 buff of any stat to have enough, which isn't a big deal. Most cavalry blade teams run both Hone and Fortify, which would definitely be enough to OHKO any variant of Hector even with just Raourblade and not +. 

However, if you only have access to vanilla Raourblade and only Hone Cavalry, then running either Triangle Adept 3 or Death Blow 3 will still be sufficient to OHKO any variation of Hector (in fact, even Triangle Adept 1 would be sufficient). 

These numbers are all for neutral Leo, so obviously if you had a +Atk Leo, your requirements would be even lower. 

EDIT: Because I'm a failure who can't math and had to redo calcs. Numbers should be accurate now though (but feel free to double check). 

Double EDIT: Added additional numbers

Triple EDIT: All of these sets listed that kill neutral Hector are also exactly what you would need to kill Julia as her effective HP against Leo (HP + Res) is 70 while Hector's effective HP against Leo is 71. The calcs are the same. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

40 minutes ago, hauteclere said:

Splurged last minute on the Blazing Shadows banner and pulled Karel and Priscilla, along with a decent amount of skill fodder.

I was thinking Wo Dao+ / Reciprocal Aid / Reprisal / Fury / Desperation / Filler for Karel, and I gave Priscilla Wings of Mercy because I had a ton of spare Cains, but I'm not sure what else would be good for her. Kindled-Fire Balm, maybe?

Sorry, I'm pretty terrible at skill inheritance so I wanted to confirm things first

Trivial trivial. Fury on the A Skill sounds nasty. Life and Death + Desperation is even worse. But you probably don't have life and death 3 lying around so fury is good. If your Karel is +spd then this set is even more crazy. For the C I guess threaten speed is okay to ensure his Desperation gets good usage. Reciprocal Aid is just . . . . . . . . . grimy 

Filthy 

Just disgusting

It's . . . . . . . .  . . . .

Perfect!

If you have wrys, heavenly light. If you don't, Fire-balm is nice. @MrSmokestack might be able to help more on this but I like your Karel set.

It's pretty shexy

50 minutes ago, hauteclere said:

Hate to jump on the 'moonbow for everything' train but it'll probably outdamage Reprisal most of the time if you have something to spare that can give it (I WANT Reprisal to be good. xmx I swear I do. It isn't though). 

Arcanite has some pretty good suggestions otherwise. 

For Priscilla, A-skill is whatever she doesn't really need it, but if you feel like burning something to give it to her, Armored/Warding blow is my suggestion to make her take less damage when she decides to Panic something that can counterattack. Wings of Mercy is fine and so is Kindle; if you stick with her default Stillwater balm and give her Fortify Res, she can also cover your team's bases on both defenses (can do any two stats that way though really). A Threaten aura (Speed is usually good) might also be decent for her C-skill to stack with Panic but she probably won't be near combat much so likely better off sticking with team support stuff. 

6 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

How do you feel about giving Leo Raourblade and running him on a cavalry team? With offense like his, he should be able to OHKO the likes of Hector no problem (a single Hone Cavalry buff and no other buffs would be enough to give neutral Leo with Raourblade+ enough of a boost to OHKO neutral Hector even without Triangle Adept). 

Yeahhh I suppose that would be the more optimal build, run him + Reinhardt + Gronnblade Cecilia + someone else with each of the Cavalry auras... that certainly has some crazy potential. 

Call me crazy though I like to try to find uses for the unique weapons like Brynhildr haha ;; one thing I've noticed is how it can be used to protect teammates by restricting enemy movement; so something that Leo can tank but other teammates can't is forced to burn a turn or whatever that way. 

28 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Trivial trivial. Fury on the A Skill sounds nasty. Life and Death + Desperation is even worse. But you probably don't have life and death 3 lying around so fury is good. If your Karel is +spd then this set is even more crazy. For the C I guess threaten speed is okay to ensure his Desperation gets good usage. Reciprocal Aid is just . . . . . . . . . grimy 

Filthy 

Just disgusting

It's . . . . . . . .  . . . .

Perfect!

If you have wrys, heavenly light. If you don't, Fire-balm is nice. @MrSmokestack might be able to help more on this but I like your Karel set.

It's pretty shexy

Reciprocal Aid was too disgusting, I couldn't help myself :+)

Yeah I can't seem to pull Hana or Wrys and sadly I sent my free ones home months ago because I was stupid ;u; Thank you so much for the advice though! \

15 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Hate to jump on the 'moonbow for everything' train but it'll probably outdamage Reprisal most of the time if you have something to spare that can give it (I WANT Reprisal to be good. xmx I swear I do. It isn't though). 

Arcanite has some pretty good suggestions otherwise. 

For Priscilla, A-skill is whatever she doesn't really need it, but if you feel like burning something to give it to her, Armored/Warding blow is my suggestion to make her take less damage when she decides to Panic something that can counterattack. Wings of Mercy is fine and so is Kindle; if you stick with her default Stillwater balm and give her Fortify Res, she can also cover your team's bases on both defenses (can do any two stats that way though really). A Threaten aura (Speed is usually good) might also be decent for her C-skill to stack with Panic but she probably won't be near combat much so likely better off sticking with team support stuff. 

Yeah Moonbow does seem a lot more consistent, but I'm holding off on passing it mainly because I don't have too many units with the skill and it's great on so many other units. I'm usually not the biggest fan of Reprisal but oh well it syncs a bit with Fury/Desperation at least ;A;

Armored/Warding blow sounds like a really good idea! Especially considering that Priscilla isn't exactly tanky. Thanks so much for the suggestion^^

6 minutes ago, hauteclere said:

Yeah Moonbow does seem a lot more consistent, but I'm holding off on passing it mainly because I don't have too many units with the skill and it's great on so many other units. I'm usually not the biggest fan of Reprisal but oh well it syncs a bit with Fury/Desperation at least ;A;

Armored/Warding blow sounds like a really good idea! Especially considering that Priscilla isn't exactly tanky. Thanks so much for the suggestion^^

Yeah it's true, I'm running it on my Kagero for the same reason (saving moonbow for other folks otl haha ;; )

YW dude ~3o Warding seems like the more useful of the two since even with Armored she's probably not taking hits from bows or daggers too great. Hope that works out though!

Recently pulled another 4* Jagen. The best thing he can do is give Fury 2 and Fortify Cavalry to bunny suit Xander, since he comes with a blank A skill slot, and has Fortify Def 2 already. All he needs now is a reasonable Special and he's as golden as those 5 stars of his. I just hope that the healing on his weapon applies after damage from Fury is applied.

Edit: His B skill is pretty useless combat-wise, so I'll be looking to replace that, too.

Edited by Raven

Managed to pull a bunny Lucina (+Res/-Def), but not quite sure which tome to have her inherit.  Blueblade+ seems like the "obvious" choice, since everyone's all about the blade tomes, but her speed makes Dire Thunder+ appealing too.  Probably not going to inherit a Defiant skill on her, since she's rather squishy and her current A skill is pretty good, despite not boosting blade tomes.

5 hours ago, hauteclere said:

Not sure if you still need help with this, but I'll share my input.

What stat spread is your Karel? Your set for him looks great, but if I could offer a few tiny suggestions...

Recprocal Aid for 1HP Reprisal is rarely going to be exercised in a game, since it leaves Karel vulnerable to ranged units and forces your team to take a hit, which isn't always feasible in select situations, such as when a dancer can ensure a unit gets attacked by two foes at once. As a result, without a +HP variance, Reprisal is regularly outdamaged by Moonbow, as @BANRYU mentioned.

If you have the SP for it, I would also replace Reciprocal Aid with Ardent Sacrifice, since the healing done is consistent and will always activate Desperation, unless your Karel is +HP. Fury's self-damage can get you into Desperation range sooner, but I would also suggest Life and Death, since ideally he should not be getting hit. This is admittedly a more expensive option, though. For your filler skill, run a Hone or Spur depending on what units are on your team; Hone Attack is universal and can work with any build, but consider Hone Speed if your units are having trouble doubling certain threats.

Hope this helped!

14 minutes ago, GinRei said:

Managed to pull a bunny Lucina (+Res/-Def), but not quite sure which tome to have her inherit.  Blueblade+ seems like the "obvious" choice, since everyone's all about the blade tomes, but her speed makes Dire Thunder+ appealing too.  Probably not going to inherit a Defiant skill on her, since she's rather squishy and her current A skill is pretty good, despite not boosting blade tomes.

Dire Thunder (+ not neccesary =P) is not inheritable I'm afraid, it's an unique weapon. You'll be in for some heavy farming though if you want to give her blade tome + other skills if you 'only' have one of her. Good luck!

49 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Dire Thunder (+ not neccesary =P) is not inheritable I'm afraid, it's an unique weapon. You'll be in for some heavy farming though if you want to give her blade tome + other skills if you 'only' have one of her. Good luck!

Oh, then that makes the decision quite easy on which to give her.  Thanks!

And yeah, wish I had pulled more of her (or didn't use as many orbs to get her), but I wasted at least 55 orbs just resetting the session when no blues showed up.  On the plus side, got a couple of Lon'qu for vantage, and a single Roy.

Seeing that video with the 4 Sakura VS Michalis' squad gives me an idea for a tank/wall with Obstruct and Savage Blow. Any chance that tanky folks like Beruka, Oboro, Subaki, Hinata etc. might be able to pull something like this off?

On 3/29/2017 at 10:27 PM, MrSmokestack said:

A+ thesis

Late reply, but beautiful writeup as expected.

For his needed skills, I can agree that it is a really expensive build, but I wager  it'll be interesting to see how he fares in battle. I'm gonna follow your offensive build since it looks quite promising. However it'll be a longtime project mainly because I'm lacking those unit who has those tier 3 skills haha.

Thanks for the exquisite analysis, Sir Strategist..

So, in trying to pull for Spring heroes last night, I somehow ended up with two off-focus 5* pulls: Linde and Cordelia. Both are -Atk, of course (Linde is +Res and Cordelia is +Spd).

Because I'm desperate for mage power, Linde's 46 Atk and 39 Spd still look fairly attractive. I'm thinking Desperation 3 needs to be a thing, since it lets her deal with several Kageros. Getting Rally Atk from Sharena lets her deal with +Res or +HP. Marth's Spur Spd makes +Spd Kagero doable. I could also give her Fury, but the best I can do right now is rank 2, as I'm out of Hinatas (leaving Bartre as next in line for nomming). I'd probably just leave the Fortify Res as is, since the rest of my team would appreciate it.

Can someone with more Linde experience weigh in on this?

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

Seeing that video with the 4 Sakura VS Michalis' squad gives me an idea for a tank/wall with Obstruct and Savage Blow. Any chance that tanky folks like Beruka, Oboro, Subaki, Hinata etc. might be able to pull something like this off?

You could maybe pull it off with Draug since he has an effective 89 HP against physical attacks and his spd is phenomenal for an armor. Nowi and Sheena could probably also pull it off as more balanced walls since they both have good HP, Def and Res (and Nowi has the advantage of a 2-range counter)

Alright, I've a 4⋆ +Atk, –Def Gordin and I'm going to make him even better.

Death Blow as an A passive and Moonbow as a special are probably obvious, right? What about Threaten Spd as a C? Or will some other Threaten be better on him?

Oh, and I guess I should tag @eclipse so that she knows I'm caring about her boy.

Edited by Vaximillian

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Death Blow as an A passive and Moonbow as a special are probably obvious, right? What about Threaten Spd as a C? Or will some other Threaten be better on him?

Oh, and I guess I should tag @eclipse so that she knows I'm caring about her boy.

She's not the only one on here with a Gordin y'know!

Threaten speed is unnecessary in trying to prevent the inevitable, he's slow, he has a brave bow, if he gets hit, he gets doubled, he dies. 

Threaten could work if he's hiding behind something or if he's just out of range. I like spur attack on my Gordin because he sticks very close to my units anyway! Really any hone/spur on him is good especially if you want to pair him with Nino, Tharja and the like

Edit: now that I think of it, where is she? haven't seen her around. Probably engaging her social life unlike me   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Arcanite

16 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

So, in trying to pull for Spring heroes last night, I somehow ended up with two off-focus 5* pulls: Linde and Cordelia. Both are -Atk, of course (Linde is +Res and Cordelia is +Spd).

Because I'm desperate for mage power, Linde's 46 Atk and 39 Spd still look fairly attractive. I'm thinking Desperation 3 needs to be a thing, since it lets her deal with several Kageros. Getting Rally Atk from Sharena lets her deal with +Res or +HP. Marth's Spur Spd makes +Spd Kagero doable. I could also give her Fury, but the best I can do right now is rank 2, as I'm out of Hinatas (leaving Bartre as next in line for nomming). I'd probably just leave the Fortify Res as is, since the rest of my team would appreciate it.

Can someone with more Linde experience weigh in on this?

I don't have Linde experience but I've been theorycrafting with Nino a lot lately and I can't imagine they're super different beyond Blade boosts VS Aura's healing... I can definitely confirm that Desperation is the go-to B-skill for speedy glass cannons, which Linde of course wrote the book on as far as this game is concerned; Fury works if you want to take advantage of her Res, which you probably do since yours is + there, but Desperation nukers in general don't care too much about being hit so Life and Death is usually the superior choice (although in your Linde's case she can use her extra Res to tank magic hits better and get in range of Desperation without having to resort to Ardent Sacrifice / Reciprocal Aid. So yeah, that sounds pretty good.

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What Arcanite said mainly. Threaten Atk/Def could be useful since the former lets him soften blows and the latter makes his/his teammates' hit harder, so those are decent for clingy-support as well. 

6 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

You could maybe pull it off with Draug since he has an effective 89 HP against physical attacks and his spd is phenomenal for an armor. Nowi and Sheena could probably also pull it off as more balanced walls since they both have good HP, Def and Res (and Nowi has the advantage of a 2-range counter)

Yeah maybe. I was thinking that magic attacks might kinda invalidate the build but yeah, actually Sheena's great mixed bulk would be great for that I think; her low attack doesn't really matter since she wants to be wearing teams down through AOE Savage Blow and maybe like Growing Wind or something lmao.