Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

@Shiro Seconding what @MrSmokestack said:

Galeforce in general doesn't seem worth it to me because the long CD means it'll almost never go off, whereas she'd get a lot more mileage out of an offensive skill like Draconic Aura or Luna. Even Vengeance/Reprisal can be good on her since she wants to be below 50% HP for optimal usage. 

I think +Atk is best, and Brash Assault is a must to compliment Sol Katti. Likewise, Reciprocal Aid is handy for getting her under 50%. 

For her A-skill, I actually think her default Defiant Atk is good on her since you want her under 50% HP anyways, but Life and Death is another great option that adds to her killing power, as well as Death Blow. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Shiro @ILikeKirbys, I wouldn't bother with Galeforce. It's CD is massive at 5 and while the effect is highly potent, especially with a dancer, it simply will not be exercised very often in most games, practically speaking.

Lyn should have +Atk roll, always, since Brash Assault / Desperation forces a consecutive doubleattack anyway. To trigger Brash and Defiant more easily, Reciprocal Aid should go on her or one of your units, since Ardent Sacrifice won't take her close to the 50% threshold. At 51 Atk, Draconic Aura adds 15 extra damage and procs every other round of combat Lyn participates in. Meanwhile, Luna would need to proc against an enemy with 30 def to output the same amount.

Overall, Lyn's default kit is pretty great. All you really need is Brash Assault and you'll be set.

Ah, thanks for the help, mate.

Except, I wouldn't run Defiant ATK unless you had no way to buff Lyn's ATK, since she can get more ATK if you give her Death Blow 3 and a Hone ATK buff (+8/9/10 ATK with Hone ATK 1/2/3, compared to Defiant ATK 3's 7), and Draconic Aura isn't on Lyn's default kit so you'd need to feed her an F!Corrin or Camilla to get that on her.

But I agree that Lyn's default kit is great. Lyn just needs you to burn a Bartre for Brash Assault to complete her... but she would probably appreciate it if you fed her a Klein and F!Corrin/Camilla to give her two other really good skills for her kit.

Except, now that I think about it, my Lyn is +SPD, giving her 40 SPD naturally and 44 with a Hone SPD buff, so she could maybe forgo Brash Assault. Not sure what I'd give her instead tho... maybe Vantage would be good here?

@DehNutCase I kinda wish we had a Green Galeforce user... so maybe if I get a neutral or +SPD Raven I'll try it out on him... Looking at his stats, yeah, with a Hone SPD buff and/or Swift Sparrow/Darting Blow, Raven could potentially quad-hit people with a Brave Axe, and he has enough power to deal reasonable damage with those hits, so he could proc Galeforce fairly easily... not sure he'd be able to take advantage of it well unless he ran Swift Sparrow, but he could theoretically make it work.
Either way, it's not like I intend to use Cordelia, ever.

Also, random question: I have a +SPD/-HP Elise. I want to give her Pain (best staff, plus Elise might actually be able to hurt people with this thing with her high ATK), Rehabilitate (best healing), Kindled-Fire Balm (for added power for people who aren't fortunate enough to start their turn next to Stahl... as well as for Stahl himself, plus she already has it), ATK +3 (for added power, since Elise needs all she can get), Live to Serve (already has it), and Ward Cavalry (buffing defenses is pretty good, especially when half of my cavalry team is tanks). She'd be on my Stahl/Reinhardt/Frederick cavalry team, where she would serve as a healer (Rehabilitate is best healer status) and emergency magic damage dealer (she'll be hitting 43 ATK, which ends up dealing 21 damage, after Hone Cavalry, or 47 ATK dealing 23 damage with Goad Cavalry, so she could deal passable damage sometimes, softening up for my tanks to finish off... could even deal 22/24 damage per hit if I tossed her the ATK +1 Sacred Seal). Could this work? I really want to have a healer on my cavalry team, because I like having a healers around (it gives me more room for error, which is a nice little safety net to have, plus she'll probably come in handy when Defense maps get added to the game), and I feel like this could be usable.

@ILikeKirbys You certainly could give Lyn something else instead (ex: Life and Death and Swordbreaker), but the thing with that is that Brash Assault coupled with Sol Katti is what sets her apart from other sword units as she's the only one that can pull off that combination. 

She'll be a solid unit without it, but then she's outclassed at her role by other sword users like Lucina (who also runs a LD/Desperation set), who has similar stats but the added advantage of owning Falchion. I suppose LD/Swordbreaker Lyn would have the added advantage of being able to beat out other fast swords like +Spd Lucina w/ LD or Fury when she otherwise wouldn't be able to though. 

@ILikeKirbys Lyn can work fine with other sets, but she has a low strength base and gets outclassed by other sword users if you don't take advantage of her niche, like Ampharos mentioned.

Defiant Atk just makes sense when you take the rest of her kit into consideration, since she has to be at half health to proc Sol Katti's Desperation and Brash Assault anyway, not to mention it eases inheritance requirements.

Vantage works better on 1-2 range counter units, though some ranged ones like Kagero make a good case for running it too.

Edited by MrSmokestack

@MaskedAmpharos True, I was just thinking that Lyn's already gonna be able to double most units after a Hone SPD buff, so why not use something other than Brash Assault? Until I saw that I didn't have a good idea for what else could go there, so I'll be giving her Brash Assault after all! At least my Lyn will still be good at doubling before she hits half HP, yeah?

@MrSmokestack That's very true. I had considered that, I just figured that Death Blow + Hone/Rally ATK made Lyn slightly stronger on Player Phase once you're in Brash Assault/Defiant range, and Death Blow has an additional advantage over Defiant ATK in that it powers Lyn up before you hit half HP too, so it would be overall better for her than Defiant ATK. You're right though, it does make sense to keep Defiant ATK given that Lyn in general works mostly at half HP where she'd be getting the +7 anyway, plus it isn't exactly easy to find Death Blow on other units unless you pull a bunch of Kleins somehow, so it's good to keep Defiant ATK if you aren't blessed with lots of Kleins.

Draconic Aura was chosen because I figured it would give Lyn the highest damage out of all of the 3-charge Specials (unless you had Luna proc on a Hector or something like that, I think). Maybe she could run Escutcheon/Pavise instead, to prolong her life in the Defiant zone?

4 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@BANRYU Okay, glad to hear F!Robin can run Gronnblade. I was kinda unsure after I wrote that. Do you think Fury/Quick Riposte/Threaten RES/ Sol or Bonfire is a good set for Gronnblade!F!Robin tho? Or is there a better build?

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

@BANRYU and @ILikeKirbys,

F!Robin's been a pretty good anti-cavalry killer, but yeah. Gronnblade would be good, but I only have one Gronnblade source: one spare Odin who I feel like if Gronnblade were to go to someone, it should be Ursula who I could also give Tomebreaker. I've never summoned Henry or Nino on this file. That and don't you need a specific set-up for -blade tomes? I'd also need to get replace her default Ignis since it would be a 5 charge special. Getting Gronnraven would be easier since I have a couple of Cecilias I could sack -- would be ideal, but expensive to get one to 5* and then give F!Robin a -blade tome. Another problem is if you read a bit from the top about the units screwed by -Atk, the only M!Robin I have is a 4* with -Atk, +Def. He's still stronger than Odin, but it's still a pain in the buttocks. Tanks stuff better, but yeah...

I think this version of Robin's ideal A-skill would actually be Close Counter, since it lets her make good use of her pretty good Defense stat while actually being able to counterattack when targetted by the majority of physical attackers (something you want to be able to to with Quick Ripose, which IMO doesn't help her as much at range since her Res is a bit weaker; if you're mainly countering archers/dagger users, you're better off using Gronnraven on her IMO). But being as that's a pretty expensive skill... I'd say Fury works just fine too, although I might run a different B-skill for the aforementioned reasons, like a breaker that helps you or something. Fury makes her speed actually pretty decent (32 is solid, doesn't get doubled by much and she should be staying away from the many reds that do anyway), which IMO makes Quick Riposte less of a necessity on her-- running Axebreaker or something will let her deal with the likes of Anna and Minerva, the main non-blue things that she won't outspeed IIRC. 

Also, Sol would not be advisable for Gronnblade since it has a massive 5 counter (don't forget that Gronnblade makes procs take longer to activate)-- battles are unlikely to go on long enough for that to be useful so I'd skip it. Bonfire on the other hand is available in any round of combat where Robin is doubled and can counterattack, letting her nuke something on the following round. 

One thing I will say on f!Robin and the other Wolf tome-users is that I can't help but wonder if the rising prevalence of Horse Emblem might make the Wolfs start to look a bit more viable... Should this become the case, then f!Robin might wind up being pretty useful with her default weapon, being as Reinhardt (and presumably, eventually Camus) are some of the top cav threats of the metagame. 

Also @Kaden this probably got mentioned somewhere that I missed it, but... Odin actually can't supply Gronnblade to Robin....? .3. He, uh... he has Blarblade.... And yeah you're right, running Blade-tomes usually wants a dedicated buffer like Ephraim or Eirika. 

TBQH I think Gronnraven is an equally viable option on f!Robin, in large part because the whole Raven Adept setup doesn't require much team support to function adequately, and thus can fit easily onto any team that needs both blues and greys handled. Being able to shrug off bow and dagger attacks like they're nothing is pretty great, speaking as someone who uses m!Robin, and his female counterpart has identical base stats, sooo... If that's what you have the fodder for, I say go for it. If given the choice, I'd say Gronnblade is more important for Cecilia than any other regular tome-user, and high-def mages use Raven tomes very well. 

Edited by BANRYU

@BANRYU, I thought tomes were interchangeable and they would just become the other tome if they're inherited by another color. Apparently not. Man, so I don't have any red or green -blade times then or a red -raven tome then.

Part of me is like get the + versions, but the other part is like, no, it's expensive. Wait until you somehow summon a 5* with a + weapon. And then another part is like promote units! Give Felicia, Lissa, and a bunch of other units skills to get rid of excess units! I have 10 summons left before the barracks become full. -________-

Edited by Kaden

12 minutes ago, Kaden said:

@BANRYU, I thought times were interchangeable and they would just become the other tome if they're inherited by another color. Apparently not. Man, so I don't have any red or green -blade times then or a red -raven tome then.

Part of me is like get the + versions, but the other part is like, no, it's expensive. Wait until you somehow summon a 5* with a + weapon. And then another part is like promote units! Give Felicia, Lissa, and a bunch of other units skills to get rid of excess units! I have 10 summons left before the barracks become full. -________-

Nossir, they can't be interchanged between colors any more than Killer weapons can between melee units, unfortunately. I understand your confusion in that regard and that would actually be an interesting feature, but no yeah, units can only inherit the same type and color of weapon, with the sole exception seeming to be breath weapons. 

Hey man, waiting is always a viable option xD Can't be unhappy with how you spend your resources if you never DO spend them, (...okay that's not strictly true, but still-- unspent resources are the most flexible, lol) so no harm in waiting to see if you DO pull something you can use. 

3 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@MaskedAmpharos True, I was just thinking that Lyn's already gonna be able to double most units after a Hone SPD buff, so why not use something other than Brash Assault? 

Brash Assault + her high speed also counters skills that would prevent her from doubling like Sword Breaker and Wary Fighter. IE: You could double a Colourless that ran Sword Breaker if you had >5 SPD than them. It is not a bad idea to give her LaD to help her double the speedy Swords that run Sword Breaker.

@Clogon Ah, I hadn't considered that. I tend to forget the Breakers exist, so this would be rather helpful.

@BANRYU Close Counter, huh? I hadn't considered that either. I just figured Fury would make F!Robin generally better at tanking, but if you don't think she needs it, then Close Counter would be a good alternative, yeah.

And if we're dropping Fury, then we no longer need Sol (whose sole purpose was to heal F!Robin enough to keep her above half HP for Quick Riposte; I was okay with the 5 charge because with Quick Riposte Robin could charge it up and proc it in 2-3 combats), so she could run Bonfire instead.

Also, if the -wolf times became popular to counter Horse Emblem, then yeah, I could see staying with Gronnwolf... If you can't get similar results with Gronnblade and buffs (which I think you might be able to), or maybe with Gronnraven and Triangle Adept (would limit you to countering Blue and Grey, but considering that this hard-counters Reinhardt/Ursula/Camus-when-he's-released, I think it's better on F!Robin than general-purpose horse-killing via Gronnwolf). And even if this did become a popular Horse Emblem counter, couldn't you just run Stahl to help deal with her (since he gets boosted WTA over her with the Ruby Sword, he shouldn't take too much damage from F!Robin, and should deal significant damage when he attacks her)?

19 hours ago, BANRYU said:

In a situation where breakers aren't really helping you and you don't have the speed to run Desperation or the bulk to run Quick Riposte, I would say Escape Route and Wings of Mercy are both cool options you could go with. There's also specific breakers for specific non-infantry units that your team might struggle with, but those are team-dependent and thus up to your discretion. 

EDIT: Depending on your kit, Vantage would also be good; in my case, I run a Reciprocal Aid + Defiant Atk Kagero, so Vantage is pretty ideal for her.

Apologies for the late reply

Wings of Mercy and Escape Route definitely sound interesting. I could definitely try the latter since I've got couple units who can get it to max at 4* (no such luck with Wings of Mercy, and if I ever get one I'm planning to give it to Olivia).

Vantage would definitely offer some nice enemy phase options against stuff like mages and I do have a number of Lon'qus just sitting around. My Kagero's got a Reposition inherited already though, and I'm a bit hesitant to remove that for Ardent Sacrifice

I'm torn on what special to give my Hector.  He's -SPD, so I expect to get doubled most times I'm initiated against.  Moonbow (and Bonfire/Draconic Aura against those who do double me) would allow me to fire it off on the first unit that attacked me, after which I assume he'd probably die against anything that he doesn't kill on a single strike.  Could also help in making sure something that would have otherwise lived and activated Vantage would die instead.  4-turn specials (such as Ignis and Dragon Fang) let me trade back and have a huge bomb ready to fire against the next opponent that fights him.  But if he DOESN'T get doubled, Bonfire/Aura get moved to where Ignis and Fang are, and Ignis/Fang likely end up unused unless he kills whoever his next opponent is in a single hit.

So many variables...

Just now, GinRei said:

I'm torn on what special to give my Hector.  He's -SPD, so I expect to get doubled most times I'm initiated against.  Moonbow (and Bonfire/Draconic Aura against those who do double me) would allow me to fire it off on the first unit that attacked me, after which I assume he'd probably die against anything that he doesn't kill on a single strike.  Could also help in making sure something that would have otherwise lived and activated Vantage would die instead.  4-turn specials (such as Ignis and Dragon Fang) let me trade back and have a huge bomb ready to fire against the next opponent that fights him.  But if he DOESN'T get doubled, Bonfire/Aura get moved to where Ignis and Fang are, and Ignis/Fang likely end up unused unless he kills whoever his next opponent is in a single hit.

So many variables...

Bonfire outdamages Draconic Aura by at most 5 points (20 if +Def), and with Armads he will always have it ready after a single round of combat. I wouldn't consider 4-CD specials especially since Hector isn't able to charge them up quickly of his own accord, and if he's brought low then Vantage will give him more opportunities to proc.

My $0.02.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Bonfire outdamages Draconic Aura by at most 5 points (20 if +Def), and with Armads he will always have it ready after a single round of combat. I wouldn't consider 4-CD specials especially since Hector isn't able to charge them up quickly of his own accord, and if he's brought low then Vantage will give him more opportunities to proc.

My $0.02.

Assuming first battle (ie: still full health, no pre-charging done on special), wouldn't Bonfire go off in that first combat?  They attack (1), you counter (2), they follow-up (3), Bonfire via Armads (reset).  Whereas Ignis would be primed by replacing the Bonfire via Armads with a normal counter via Armads?

1 minute ago, GinRei said:

Assuming first battle (ie: still full health, no pre-charging done on special), wouldn't Bonfire go off in that first combat?  They attack (1), you counter (2), they follow-up (3), Bonfire via Armads (reset).  Whereas Ignis would be primed by replacing the Bonfire via Armads with a normal counter via Armads?

I can't track actions in combat my bad.

Depends on who he's baiting and KO'ing, like Linde / Nino as opposed to a Takumi. I still prefer Bonfire since the CD follows the pacing of most games, but it's up to you.

Can somebody give me some heavy pointers on which movement assist benefit what situations?

I have a vague idea that Pivot gives you the extra movement oomph, but I rarely capitalize on it due to cramped map and the need to avoid attacks. Shove and Smite fall in this category I think.

Swap is used to let a unit tank or and run away. Reposition kinda works similarly?

For Draw Back, I tend to use it for the extra movement or to move someone to safety.

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Draw Back is good for ranged and mounted units, while Reposition is better for melee units. Tanks like armored units prefer Pivot and Swap to get to the front lines more quickly.

That's about as general as it gets.

To elaborate, "Off-Tanks" like Nowi and Ryoma can use Swap better, while armored units explicitly want Pivot more for the extra movement. Mounted units can use Draw Back / Reposition more freely, while ranged units prefer Draw Back due to the position they tend to be in relative to your team on most maps.

Example:

Effie- Pivot

Nino- Draw Back

Lucina- Repositon

Ryoma / Nowi- Swap

@pianime94

Edited by MrSmokestack

@pianime94, Pivot and Smite let you move over spaces your units cannot for one reason or another which can be helpful. So, on a map where fliers can be on gaps, you can have some Smite a cavalier, infantry, or knight over or have someone Pivot over the flyer.

Pivot can also be used defensively. It's how Cherche was able to survive and force Michalis to fight Tiki on Lunatic Michalis for me.

Edited by Kaden

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

To elaborate, "Off-Tanks" like Nowi and Ryoma can use Swap better, while armored units explicitly want Pivot more for the extra movement. Mounted units can use Draw Back / Reposition more freely, while ranged units prefer Draw Back due to the position they tend to be in relative to your team on most maps.

Example:

Effie- Pivot

Nino- Draw Back

Lucina- Repositon

Ryoma / Nowi- Swap

Nice. Thanks for the easy guide. Somewhat related, how would you weight movement skills over Rallies? I'd guess it depends on what the team need?

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

@pianime94, Pivot and Smite let you move over spaces your units cannot for one reason or another which can be helpful. So, on a map where fliers can be on gaps, you can have some Smite a cavalier, infantry, or knight over or have someone Pivot over the flyer.

Pivot can also be used defensively. It's how Cherche was able to survive and force Michalis to fight Tiki on Lunatic Michalis for me.

Hmm. Yeah, I remembered using Pivot a lot for running away . Was too pinned on thinking how AI use Pivot in general. 

Edited by pianime94

15 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Nice. Thanks for the easy guide. Somewhat related, how would you weight movement skills over Rallies? I'd guess it depends on what the team need?

I used to think "Rally" skills were much better compared to "Positioning" skills, but I'd say both are equally important. The challenge is finding the right combination to run with on a team. The biggest issue with rallies, I've found, is that you spend a unit's action to buff another unit's stats, which can be replicated more easily and more efficiently with a Hone buff instead. Remaining in a single spot to offer a tiny buff can also be positionally incorrect if it leaves your units in range of the enemy team. A shift in play style as well as a general improvement in personal player skills could also be a factor for this shift in thinking.

As for Smite / Shove and Ardent Sacrifice / Reciprocal Aid, those are a bit more niche and depend on specific units as well as one-turn combos, which require much more planning to use effectively. They aren't bad, but not every team needs them.

For instance, my Sharena is my only rally user on my current team, but the attack buff that she provides is so important that I actually ended up teaching her Hone Atk and giving her Rally Speed instead. If you have a Dancer, positioning becomes much more flexible so you can do really silly things like max buffs Nino or Blarblade Linde if you wanted to. Mind you, Nino's combat is excellent by herself but the buffs Sharena provides offer OHKO's on dangerous threats like the aforementioned Linde, as well as Takumi and even Kagero.

Overall, teammates need to support each other, but they also need to work well on their own to avoid dragging down the performance of their allies. I personally think positioning skills achieve the happy medium where units can do their job while also helping their teammates, without making anyone dependent on another.

If you want a hard ratio of positioning-to-rally skills, barring more unit-centric builds that feature a dancer, I would say 3-1 is a good place to start. A mix of assist skills is guaranteed if you're using a balanced team when following this pattern.

Edited by MrSmokestack

4 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@Clogon Ah, I hadn't considered that. I tend to forget the Breakers exist, so this would be rather helpful.

@BANRYU Close Counter, huh? I hadn't considered that either. I just figured Fury would make F!Robin generally better at tanking, but if you don't think she needs it, then Close Counter would be a good alternative, yeah.

And if we're dropping Fury, then we no longer need Sol (whose sole purpose was to heal F!Robin enough to keep her above half HP for Quick Riposte; I was okay with the 5 charge because with Quick Riposte Robin could charge it up and proc it in 2-3 combats), so she could run Bonfire instead.

Also, if the -wolf times became popular to counter Horse Emblem, then yeah, I could see staying with Gronnwolf... If you can't get similar results with Gronnblade and buffs (which I think you might be able to), or maybe with Gronnraven and Triangle Adept (would limit you to countering Blue and Grey, but considering that this hard-counters Reinhardt/Ursula/Camus-when-he's-released, I think it's better on F!Robin than general-purpose horse-killing via Gronnwolf). And even if this did become a popular Horse Emblem counter, couldn't you just run Stahl to help deal with her (since he gets boosted WTA over her with the Ruby Sword, he shouldn't take too much damage from F!Robin, and should deal significant damage when he attacks her)?

Yeah I think Close Counter would definitely be what you want if you're running Quick Riposte to take advantage of that skill; otherwise, Fury works great TBH (Robin likes it with how balanced she is), I'd just go with a different B-skill-- and yeah definitely don't use Sol if you're running Gronnblade, charge counter of 5 is in no way worth it IMO. 

Mmm... No by the looks of things Wolf tomes are still the better answer for cavalry... It doesn't make much difference in matchups where Robin already has the advantage anyway, IE Reinhardt, but the difference in other matchups is pretty telling-- for perspective, Gronnwolf+ Robin 2HKOs neutral Eliwood, while Gronnblade with +4 Atk/Spd can't even manage that. With the same boosts, Gronnwolf Robin with Fury can ORKO every neutral Cavalry unit except Stahl, while keeping everything the same and swapping Wolf out for Blade loses KOs on Eliwood, Elise, Clarine, and loses outright to Leo. 

Wolf could have a niche. Eventually. Maybe.

4 hours ago, Sylphid said:

Apologies for the late reply

Wings of Mercy and Escape Route definitely sound interesting. I could definitely try the latter since I've got couple units who can get it to max at 4* (no such luck with Wings of Mercy, and if I ever get one I'm planning to give it to Olivia).

Vantage would definitely offer some nice enemy phase options against stuff like mages and I do have a number of Lon'qus just sitting around. My Kagero's got a Reposition inherited already though, and I'm a bit hesitant to remove that for Ardent Sacrifice

NP man no rush. Yeah if your Kagero is already built differently, I'd say there's no specific need to go for Vantage, though it can still work on her without the explicit need for a self-sacrifice healing skill; I actually was forgetting to use Reciprocal Aid on my Kagero a lot and usually just getting her in range of Defiant Attack through trading blows with mages haha. But that's not to say that something like Wings of Mercy couldn't be really powerful for cross-map assassinations, so I say go with whatever appeals to you, they're all fine options IMO. 

43 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Can somebody give me some heavy pointers on which movement assist benefit what situations?

I have a vague idea that Pivot gives you the extra movement oomph, but I rarely capitalize on it due to cramped map and the need to avoid attacks. Shove and Smite fall in this category I think.

Swap is used to let a unit tank or and run away. Reposition kinda works similarly?

For Draw Back, I tend to use it for the extra movement or to move someone to safety.

Speaking from experience using Pivot a lot on 2 of my units that were mainstays during the story missions (Marth and Cherche), I feel Pivot is pretty useful, mainly for means of faster travel-- using Pivot properly can allow a unit to cross 4 spaces in one turn instead of just 2, which is pretty crazy in its own right. If the map is cramped or has awkward layout that makes positioning difficult (IE that one arena map with the sporadic water squares), then it has trouble being useful, although I feel it still can be. 

Swap is another one that seems pretty useful to me due to its versatility (capable of being used for both advancing and retreating, where as Pivot and Reposition are mainly for one of those each except when used in reverse lol).

I think it partly depends on your tastes and playstyle, but I'm also interested in knowing if there are any situations where any of them are consistently the best choice-- I think it's a situation where it's heavily dependent on team setup and how you treat your formation and approach enemies. 

1 hour ago, pianime94 said:

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

To add to this, armors want either Pivot or Swap depending on your team composition. If your team is mostly armor (3 or more members), Swap is preferred because you don't need Pivot to keep up with your army, and Swap has no terrain limitations. If your team is not mostly armor (2 or fewer members), Pivot is preferred to allow your armors to keep up.

Flying units have a unique case with Reposition due to the fact that they can stand on otherwise inaccessible terrain, such as water and mountains (and forests for cavalry), and use Reposition to move allies over it.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

To add to this, armors want either Pivot or Swap depending on your team composition. If your team is mostly armor (3 or more members), Swap is preferred because you don't need Pivot to keep up with your army, and Swap has no terrain limitations. If your team is not mostly armor (2 or fewer members), Pivot is preferred to allow your armors to keep up.

Flying units have a unique case with Reposition due to the fact that they can stand on otherwise inaccessible terrain, such as water and mountains (and forests for cavalry), and use Reposition to move allies over it.

Seconded.

Having Reposition on my Michalis saved my ass on the bridge and lava maps more than once. 

After playing around in the arena with low merged heroes I have noticed that even thought all my heroes are 1-3 merge I still fight 1-2 +10 units so I have decided to swap my strat and do something similar.

Azura vanilla unit no merge

Standard Quadsuna with normal build +3 since she is a bonus unit this week with speed seal

Julia +2 with Naga (wont be using a heavy buffer as azura will be the support unit) with life/death with atk seal

Y Tiki +9 with Lightning breath + and fury for sustain giving her a stat of 51/48/36/36/36 and this is with the hp seal for the extra hp she acts as my wall esp vs mages 

Any thoughts on this team? and this team pits me up against teams same as when I fought 1-2 +10 units with a team of 1-3 merge units. 

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

NP man no rush. Yeah if your Kagero is already built differently, I'd say there's no specific need to go for Vantage, though it can still work on her without the explicit need for a self-sacrifice healing skill; I actually was forgetting to use Reciprocal Aid on my Kagero a lot and usually just getting her in range of Defiant Attack through trading blows with mages haha. But that's not to say that something like Wings of Mercy couldn't be really powerful for cross-map assassinations, so I say go with whatever appeals to you, they're all fine options IMO. 

Yeah, I'll think a bit what I want from her the most and choose based on that.

Though I might just go with Vantage for the sheer amoung of Lon'qus lol