Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

Still, though... Spurs are pretty hard to make effective use of aren't they? 

I don't know about others but I love my 1 Hone and 3 Spur ATK team. It is more of a playstyle difference. With Spur, it doesn't matter where you start. My units can be all over the map to separate the enemies then group up the next turn to isolate and kill once the enemies are separated.

Multiple Spur ATK also helps my Hector OHKO many things he wouldn't be able to normally.

8 minutes ago, Clogon said:

I don't know about others but I love my 1 Hone and 3 Spur ATK team. It is more of a playstyle difference. With Spur, it doesn't matter where you start. My units can be all over the map to separate the enemies then group up the next turn to isolate and kill once the enemies are separated.

Multiple Spur ATK also helps my Hector OHKO many things he wouldn't be able to normally.

Hm. Do multiple Spurs stack? or it just gives you more freedom of arrangement?

That's an interesting point though, I never really thought about it like that. 

11 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Hm. Do multiple Spurs stack? or it just gives you more freedom of arrangement?

That's an interesting point though, I never really thought about it like that. 

Yes, they stack.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes, they stack.

Wow. That's.... actually pretty good. :o I guess I wrote them off too quickly. 

EDIT: Now I'm just thinking about Defiant Atk Lyn with Spur Atk support. Yowza. 

Edited by BANRYU

Just now, BANRYU said:

Wow. That's.... actually pretty good. :o I guess I wrote them off too quickly. 

The drawback is that they're only active when you enter combat while in range of the effect. Because you're often moving away from allies to attack, it's common that the first unit to attack on player phase will not have the buff in effect.

Spur buffs also do not contribute to Litrblade's damage bonus.

Spur (and Goad and Ward) are best used for lower mobility units and units that naturally stick together. Armors make the best use of them because the movement-type-specific buffs have 2 range instead of 1, provide 2 stats instead of 1, and armors have low movement range, meaning they're more likely to be bunched together and less likely to move outside of the skill's effect range.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The drawback is that they're only active when you enter combat while in range of the effect. Because you're often moving away from allies to attack, it's common that the first unit to attack on player phase will not have the buff in effect.

Spur buffs also do not contribute to Litrblade's damage bonus.

Spur (and Goad and Ward) are best used for lower mobility units and units that naturally stick together. Armors make the best use of them because the movement-type-specific buffs have 2 range instead of 1, provide 2 stats instead of 1, and armors have low movement range, meaning they're more likely to be bunched together and less likely to move outside of the skill's effect range.

Yeah true. I suppose it's more for specific playstyles that involve bunching together and banking on heavy EP activity (and lack blade tomes lol)-- IE, full armor or the like. Still, better than I thought. 

I don't know why, but Armor Emblem has finally come for me.

Spoiler

Am I losing my mind?  This must be some sort of awful idea.

@Arcanite

Spoiler

I threw a draug's Ward Armor and a swap onto Zephiel, Draug will make a nice candidate for a bonfire (and either Swap, Reposition, or Smite) and idk what B skill maybe a breaker for doubles? Sheena  can also have whatever assist and has her Fortify Armors, idk about the rest, maybe she's a moonbow candidate for having not so great attack. And Gwendy is Gwendy, enough said... But I can have her Hone Armor on and then suddenly everyone around her is even better. 

But they all have a movement range of 1. Is this crazy? 

EDIT: oh, I forgot, I threw a Smite on Sheena to help people move, since it was Bartre I threw Brash assault 2 on as well, can this even work?

Second EDIT: Gwendy would have 55 defense after team buffs, 56 if her defiant activates. She will be my wall.

Edited by BestFriendJ0
forgetfulness

2 minutes ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

I don't know why, but Armor Emblem has finally come for me.

Hide contents

Am I losing my mind?  This must be some sort of awful idea.

@Arcanite

Reveal hidden contents

I threw a draug's Ward Armor and a swap onto Zephiel, Draug will make a nice candidate for a bonfire (and either Swap, Reposition, or Smite) and idk what B skill maybe a breaker for doubles? Sheena  can also have whatever assist and has her Fortify Armors, idk about the rest, maybe she's a moonbow candidate for having not so great attack. And Gwendy is Gwendy, enough said... But I can have her Hone Armor on and then suddenly everyone around her is even better. 

But they all have a movement range of 1. Is this crazy? 

YES

YES

THE ARMOR EMBLEM IS INSIDE

MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

Someone needs reposition, that is a MUST

Someone also needs pivot, also a MUST

Give draug wary fighter so now he turns into a brave weapon user who basically always attacks twice! 

Is this crazy?

Shell yeah it is!

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

YES

YES

THE ARMOR EMBLEM IS INSIDE

MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

Someone needs reposition, that is a MUST

Someone also needs pivot, also a MUST

Give draug wary fighter so now he turns into a brave weapon user who basically always attacks twice! 

Is this crazy?

Shell yeah it is!

I have a spare reposition, I'll have to get another Cherche for a pivot or kill marth

Wary Fighter 3 is only 2k feathers away for Draug.

one day I will throw this up as the Arena defense team and see what happens...

And I'll be able to do those lunatic armor quests when they come back... absolutely worth 3 orbs...

@BestFriendJ0 @Arcanite Reposition and Smite are absolute musts for armors outside of Armor Emblem (Smite especially) because they help slow-moving Armors catch up with the rest of the team. 

However, if you're doing Armor Emblem, and your entire team is made up of slow-moving armored units, you actually want to run Swap instead since everyone will ideally stay in a nice little box as they move around the map anyways. This makes it much easier to rearrange your team so that you always have the most advantageous person tanking incoming attacks. 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@BestFriendJ0 @Arcanite Reposition and Smite are absolute musts for armors outside of Armor Emblem (Smite especially) because they help slow-moving Armors catch up with the rest of the team. 

However, if you're doing Armor Emblem, and your entire team is made up of slow-moving armored units, you actually want to run Swap instead since everyone will ideally stay in a nice little box as they move around the map anyways. This makes it much easier to rearrange your team so that you always have the most advantageous person tanking incoming attacks. 

I have enough Swaps for everyone (Thanks Stahl!) 

This should be interesting, does Armor Emblem usually work out for people?

2 minutes ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

I have enough Swaps for everyone (Thanks Stahl!) 

This should be interesting, does Armor Emblem usually work out for people?

I've never tried it, personally. 

I believe @Ice Dragon is the one that knows the most about Armor Emblem. 

The main problem with Armor Emblem is range. It's obviously going to have issues against mages, so you ideally want Distant Counter on everyone to help with that, though that's obviously not feasible for the average player. 

You can somewhat circumvent that problem by having Ward Armor on everyone though, as +12 res helps quite a lot with shrugging off magic attacks. 

Ugh, trying to figure out what to do with a +HP/-Spd Soren (RIP using Watersweep). Rexcalibur+ is extremely underwhelming, but I don't think there's a ton of benefit to swapping him off. I can bring Gronnblade or Gronnraven (can't afford to throw around + versions, especially for a subpar Soren who will only spend 2 weeks on my team for Arena if I don't get Ike), but with his Atk being the same as Nino, the former just makes him a worse Nino and his Def is too low for the latter to be an attractive use of resources. I guess his magical bulk does mean he can face tank Julia, Linde or Rein if need be (Nino will double him and murder the crap out of him, though), but otherwise it's looking like he'll just sit in the corner most of the time. :/

11 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Ugh, trying to figure out what to do with a +HP/-Spd Soren (RIP using Watersweep). Rexcalibur+ is extremely underwhelming, but I don't think there's a ton of benefit to swapping him off. I can bring Gronnblade or Gronnraven (can't afford to throw around + versions, especially for a subpar Soren who will only spend 2 weeks on my team for Arena if I don't get Ike), but with his Atk being the same as Nino, the former just makes him a worse Nino and his Def is too low for the latter to be an attractive use of resources. I guess his magical bulk does mean he can face tank Julia, Linde or Rein if need be (Nino will double him and murder the crap out of him, though), but otherwise it's looking like he'll just sit in the corner most of the time. :/

While I agree with him ultimately being a worse Nino (if you go the Gronnblade route) because he has lower speed, I'm not so sure about Gronnraven. 

Sanaki and Lilina have base 33 HP/17 Def and 35 HP/19 Def respectively, yet the two of them are commonly run with Triangle Adept and Raourraven. Soren's base 36 HP/17 Def is quite similar to those two, so one would reason that he would perform just as well as a raven tome user.

• Ex: Neutral Takumi would do 11 damage to a neutral Soren with Gronnraven and Triangle Adept 3
  • Also, with Gronnraven and Triangle Adept 3, Soren would only need 42 attack to outright OHKO Takumi. If you give him Gronnraven+, this will bring his attack up to 44, which will be sufficient, but even if you only have Gronnraven, his attack would be 40, meaning he'd only need a Hone Atk buff to OHKO. 

EDIT: Also, if Nino is a concern, you could always slap G Tomebreaker onto him

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Hmm, I guess that's true. I don't have a TA3 to invest in him, though. I've got TA2, but adding it with Hone Atk 3 only gives him 6 additional wins (TA3 is 9 and taking Hone Atk 3 away brings him down to 1 win). I guess just doing Gronnraven might be enough to let him bait in non-Vantage greys for easier kills (safely dealing with Kagero is at least somewhat attractive), but looking at the calculator, the SI just doesn't do a ton to shift his match-ups. I might do Gronnraven without TA anyway, just because one Cecilia is an economical way to fill all his skill slots, but the prospect is still making me feel pretty lukewarm.

Yo what would yall suggest for Titania? I pulled a +Spd/-HP one and I'm thinking something along the lines of Brave Axe/Sol or Noontime/Fury/Guard or something along those lines.

As with a lot of the newer skills, Guard is one I have trouble wrapping my head around lol ;; I'm assuming she wants healing since she needs to be above 80% HP to use it, but... is there some other way it should be used...??

6 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

As with a lot of the newer skills, Guard is one I have trouble wrapping my head around lol ;; I'm assuming she wants healing since she needs to be above 80% HP to use it, but... is there some other way it should be used...??

Guard seems only useful in 2 cases:

1, Your unit can OHKO if the enemy doesn't have their defensive special up, and guard saps -1 from it to guarantee the OHKO. (

2, Your unit can tank a non-special hit and KO, but can't tank a special hit, so this let's them go second and 1RKO. (Mostly useful during EP or against a Vantage user.)

Not a very good offensive skill, but guard, high speed, and a gem weapon or T-Adept would completely shut down the disadvantage color, since it means they'll never proc things like Bonfire, Ignis, Dragon Fang etc. that can brute force through color advantage. In that respect, Titania's skillset has really good synergy.

Hmm. So it seems Titania is meant to be sort of like a Subaki-esque wall against blues, then. I might just kind of build her as-is for now, then...

....Ooh. This could be the Reinhardt/m!Robin counter I've been looking for, actually. 

27 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Yo what would yall suggest for Titania? I pulled a +Spd/-HP one and I'm thinking something along the lines of Brave Axe/Sol or Noontime/Fury/Guard or something along those lines.

Give her Iceberg or Glacies. =Res Titania has 30 resistance. I'm thinking of her like Caeda, Clair, Fir, or Shanna. Especially the first three since I got screwed with a -Atk, +Res Titania... GAME!!!

Brave Axe might not be ideal unless she's at least =Atk giving her 28 attack or better yet, +Atk giving her 31 attack, and while her defense is all right, it's not like Cherche or Frederick who can tank a hit if needed or even Camilla with her 28 neutral defense.

Edited by Kaden

I recently pulled a +Attack -Speed Ike, what build do you guys suggest?

I want to keep Heavy Blade and probably Aether or some offensive proc skill too, but I'm unsure about the best B slot (or C slot), especially since he's -Spd.

7 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

I recently pulled a +Attack -Speed Ike, what build do you guys suggest?

I want to keep Heavy Blade and probably Aether or some offensive proc skill too, but I'm unsure about the best B slot (or C slot), especially since he's -Spd.

Quick Riposte

HANDS

DOWN

The C is up to you. Any Spur/Hone skill works and if anyone tells you to use threaten skills, ignore them

3 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Hmm. So it seems Titania is meant to be sort of like a Subaki-esque wall against blues, then. I might just kind of build her as-is for now, then...

....Ooh. This could be the Reinhardt/m!Robin counter I've been looking for, actually. 

+Atk Reinhardt does a whopping 0 x 2 damage to neutral Res Titania even with Death Blow 3. Likewise, even a +Atk M!Robin has no chance of even inflicting damage to her. 

*Calculations were done assuming Titania has her default Emerald Axe equipped 

• +Atk Reinhardt has 44 Atk (50 with Death Blow 3) -> 50 x 0.6 = 30 -> Titania has 30 Res and thus takes 0 damage
  • If Titania has a different weapon equipped, +Atk Reinhardt w/ Death Blow 3 deals 10 x 2 damage, so Titania still lives with about half her HP. 
  • If Titania has a different weapon equipped, +Atk M!Robin deals 5 damage. Woot. 

So yeah, I'd say she makes a pretty solid counter to both of them :P

17 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

+Atk Reinhardt does a whopping 0 x 2 damage to neutral Res Titania even with Death Blow 3. Likewise, even a +Atk M!Robin has no chance of even inflicting damage to her. 

*Calculations were done assuming Titania has her default Emerald Axe equipped 

• +Atk Reinhardt has 44 Atk (50 with Death Blow 3) -> 50 x 0.6 = 30 -> Titania has 30 Res and thus takes 0 damage
  • If Titania has a different weapon equipped, +Atk Reinhardt w/ Death Blow 3 deals 10 x 2 damage, so Titania still lives with about half her HP. 
  • If Titania has a different weapon equipped, +Atk M!Robin deals 5 damage. Woot. 

So yeah, I'd say she makes a pretty solid counter to both of them :P

I am seriously tempted to run Titania [+Atk, -Res] (Emerald Axe+, Distant Counter). She seems literally perfect for the job of crushing every blue unit in existence.

No blue unit in the game is capable of dealing enough damage to her to break Quick Riposte 3 without Blarwolf, but no blue tome can survive one round of combat against her when Hone Cavalry is active, so Lancebreaker would be sufficient.

The only problem she has is she's not good at all against any other color due to her low base Atk and reliance on Triangle Adept to deal damage.

And the fact that this requires yet another Hector.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I am seriously tempted to run Titania [+Atk, -Res] (Emerald Axe+, Distant Counter). She seems literally perfect for the job of crushing every blue unit in existence.

No blue unit in the game is capable of dealing enough damage to her to break Quick Riposte 3 without Blarwolf, but no blue tome can survive one round of combat against her when Hone Cavalry is active, so Lancebreaker would be sufficient.

The only problem she has is she's not good at all against any other color due to her low base Atk and reliance on Triangle Adept to deal damage.

And the fact that this requires yet another Hector.

Personally I don't see a problem with only being good against one color if you also do really, really well against that one color (also if your team happens to handle everything well as is except for that one color). That said, as much as I love Titania, I do have to wonder how worth it would be to run her on a cavalry team when you already have Blade Cecilia to handle blues. 

Also Hectors don't come cheap.