Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

So I pulled a -Atk/+Res Linde, an unfortunate bane but I want to at least make her work until I get a better one.

Would this set be good for her?

Aura (eventually Blarblade whenver I get more feathers- need another gauntlet!)

Iceberg/Glacies (for her Res boon?)

A- Darting Blow/Death Blow/Fury

B- Desperation

C- Threaten Res (for better damage output/team support?)

For her A skill, it's in order of how easy it is to get for me. Unfortunately have never summoned a Hinata and I have 1 Barst left for Fury 2 at least. Death Blow...a lot of units (Reinhardt) wants it more so until I get more Kleins that's a bit of a stretch. Maybe Darting Blow since I've got a few Florinas, and maybe the doubling will make up for her lack of attack?

I didn't want to use Life and Death since I can only go up to 2 with a Hana, and I'll have to get Moonbow instead of Iceberg (which needs more Odins). Glacies is a possible replacement since I have more Felicias than Niles, but I guess faster activation is better?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

So I pulled a -Atk/+Res Linde, an unfortunate bane but I want to at least make her work until I get a better one.

Would this set be good for her?

Aura (eventually Blarblade whenver I get more feathers- need another gauntlet!)

Iceberg/Glacies (for her Res boon?)

A- Darting Blow/Death Blow/Fury

B- Desperation

C- Threaten Res (for better damage output/team support?)

For her A skill, it's in order of how easy it is to get for me. Unfortunately have never summoned a Hinata and I have 1 Barst left for Fury 2 at least. Death Blow...a lot of units (Reinhardt) wants it more so until I get more Kleins that's a bit of a stretch. Maybe Darting Blow since I've got a few Florinas, and maybe the doubling will make up for her lack of attack?

I didn't want to use Life and Death since I can only go up to 2 with a Hana, and I'll have to get Moonbow instead of Iceberg (which needs more Odins). Glacies is a possible replacement since I have more Felicias than Niles, but I guess faster activation is better?

After a quick run of calcs, it looks like Fury 3 is the most useful of those A-slot skills in terms of overall ratios, though it's worth mentioning that Life and Death 2 actually outperforms it as well (though she'll die to more)-- if you've got a Hana or something you can use then LaD2 might be worth consideration, even with the damage reduction that Iceberg will take. Otherwise, your listed order essentially goes in order from least to most kills; so I think it's up to you whether you want to invest the SP in something weaker or hang onto Spd+3 (not terrible for her, really) until something useful/worthwhile appears. 

For her C-slot, I suggest Breath of Life, as it stacks with Aura for 12 healing a pop (and fragile as she is, she'll rarely be near the front lines long enough to actually proc a Threaten aura). I wouldn't recommend investing Blarblade+ on a -Atk Linde until/unless you get a better IV'd one to merge her with. 

Edited by BANRYU

I'm not sure if this has been asked before (I'm sorry if it's been discussed already), but I managed to pull a +SPD/-RES Stahl yesterday. Since Stahl's one of my favorite characters in the entire franchise, and I managed to get his optimal spread, I really want to make him as strong as I can so I can use him for arena. I had been planning on making a team with him, a +ATK/-HP Azura, either a +ATK/-SPD Fae or +ATK/-DEF Nino, and a +ATK/-SPD Takumi, but I'm not sure they'll work well together. I'm open to horse emblem builds, but I lack the essential unit that is Reinhardt...

I know he's outclassed by a lot of units, but...is it possible to make him work somehow?

5 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

I'm not sure if this has been asked before (I'm sorry if it's been discussed already), but I managed to pull a +SPD/-RES Stahl yesterday. Since Stahl's one of my favorite characters in the entire franchise, and I managed to get his optimal spread, I really want to make him as strong as I can so I can use him for arena. I had been planning on making a team with him, a +ATK/-HP Azura, either a +ATK/-SPD Fae or +ATK/-DEF Nino, and a +ATK/-SPD Takumi, but I'm not sure they'll work well together. I'm open to horse emblem builds, but I lack the essential unit that is Reinhardt...

I know he's outclassed by a lot of units, but...is it possible to make him work somehow?

The essential unit for Horse Emblem isn't Reinhardt

Its Odin, Nino, and Gunter

10 minutes ago, JSND said:

Truly the unsung heroes who power the most broken team comp in this game.

Never forget.

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Truly the unsung heroes who power the most broken team comp in this game.

Never forget.

Subaki died for our sins too

Press S to pay respect for the "Perfect" skill fodder

@Luna of Dragonblood that said

Brave Stahl

With Hone Cavalry, Brave Sword+, Life and Death 2, and Swordbreaker 3, +SPD Stahl had a solid 103 Wins while maintaining a decent 45/26 Defensive Spread

Bonfire active increase that into 114 wins

To some extent this is the strongest build Stahl can run

Theres QR build for him, but i'm somewhat unsatisfied with the result

Edited by JSND

22 minutes ago, JSND said:

Drat. You're right. How could I possibly forget the most amazing, overpowered combination that makes every lunatic chapter a breeze? Truly, I have been a fool! :P

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

Brave Stahl

With Hone Cavalry, Brave Sword+, Life and Death 2, and Swordbreaker 3, +SPD Stahl had a solid 105 Wins while maintaining a decent 45/26 Defensive Spread

Bonfire active increase that into 114 wins

To some extent this is the strongest build Stahl can run

Theres QR build for him, but i'm somewhat unsatisfied with the result

Ohhhh, this looks like an interesting set! I hadn't thought to run a Brave Sword+ on him...everything I read up on made him a Hector/green check, so he'd keep his Ruby Sword+ or get Armorslayer. I do like this a lot, though! Thank you!! I'm guessing this'll need to be horse emblem, since he needs a hone cavalry boost?

1 minute ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Drat. You're right. How could I possibly forget the most amazing, overpowered combination that makes every lunatic chapter a breeze? Truly, I have been a fool! :P

Ohhhh, this looks like an interesting set! I hadn't thought to run a Brave Sword+ on him...everything I read up on made him a Hector/green check, so he'd keep his Ruby Sword+ or get Armorslayer. I do like this a lot, though! Thank you!! I'm guessing this'll need to be horse emblem, since he needs a hone cavalry boost?

For this specific one yeah. Calcs without Horse Emblem is kinda disapointing. A "mini horse" set up where you spent 2 slot for Hone Cavalry Horse + 2 non horse unit is actually pretty strong although mainly because Hone Cavalry boosted blarblade Ursula with proper set up is ridiculously strong to a point where she could carry the entire team by herself outside of meeting Hector so you don't neccesarily need full Horse Emblem

Hector check build are the cheapest since he start with a lot of the required set up, but its not really his strongest set up in general. I think a Hector Check w/ Swordbreaker is fine though

14 minutes ago, JSND said:

For this specific one yeah. Calcs without Horse Emblem is kinda disapointing. A "mini horse" set up where you spent 2 slot for Hone Cavalry Horse + 2 non horse unit is actually pretty strong although mainly because Hone Cavalry boosted blarblade Ursula with proper set up is ridiculously strong to a point where she could carry the entire team by herself outside of meeting Hector so you don't neccesarily need full Horse Emblem

Hector check build are the cheapest since he start with a lot of the required set up, but its not really his strongest set up in general. I think a Hector Check w/ Swordbreaker is fine though

Hmm, that could definitely work! Thank you! I'll have to give this a shot; what should I do for Ursula aside from Blarblade and Hone Cavalry?

1 minute ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Hmm, that could definitely work! Thank you! I'll have to give this a shot; what should I do for Ursula aside from Blarblade and Hone Cavalry?

Basically Blarblade with Lancebreaker or LnD

Main consideration for both of these is really just to ensure Azura kill.

Also putting positioning ability on 2 Horse Pairs is really effective since they can use it backed with 3 movement so i'd reccomend that

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Basically Blarblade with Lancebreaker or LnD

Main consideration for both of these is really just to ensure Azura kill.

Also putting positioning ability on 2 Horse Pairs is really effective since they can use it backed with 3 movement so i'd reccomend that

Alright, sounds good! Thanks so much!! I'll go do SP grinding and see what skills I have available to me~ :D

22 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Just to be clear, you're not giving Ursula Hone Cavalry, right? Someone else should probably run Hone Cavalry. If you already have someone else with Hone Cavalry, then Ursula running Hone Cavalry too could work as well.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Just to be clear, you're not giving Ursula Hone Cavalry, right? Someone else should probably run Hone Cavalry. If you already have someone else with Hone Cavalry, then Ursula running Hone Cavalry too could work as well.

I haven't set up who has what yet, no, so she doesn't have it at this time~

When Camus comes out, I'm planning on going full ham with him (pulling both to 5* so they can merge)

I'm hoping to give him Celica's +6Def/Res vs range skill after pulling her to watch him laugh at archers - I'm wondering what B/C skills I could use to really maximize his potential. I was thinking vantage for B.

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

32 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

When Camus comes out, I'm planning on going full ham with him (pulling both to 5* so they can merge)

That's honestly unnnecesary since you'd really only get

1. +1 in two stats

2. A few more points in the arena

But if you're really really really going ham, FUDGE THE HATERS AND FLIPPING DO IT!!!!!!!!

37 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I'm hoping to give him Celica's +6Def/Res vs range skill after pulling her to watch him laugh at archers - I'm wondering what B/C skills I could use to really maximize his potential. I was thinking vantage for B.

Vantage and QR are good, just like Xander's build!

My homeboy Smokestack did a write-up on Xander, and since Camus is somewhat similar you can take a few pointers from it!

That Distant counter is OP OP

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

That's honestly unnnecesary since you'd really only get

1. +1 in two stats

2. A few more points in the arena

I knooowww, but Camus is one of my favorite FE characters of all time, so I want him to be as good as possible. It's a minor boost, but if he gets +1 HP and +3HP with a seal, I can really let his bulk shine with +6 ranged defense.

I really want to stick it to Takumi

7 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I knooowww, but Camus is one of my favorite FE characters of all time, so I want him to be as good as possible. It's a minor boost, but if he gets +1 HP and +3HP with a seal, I can really let his bulk shine with +6 ranged defense.

I really want to stick it to Takumi

Okay Mr. Toast Explosion! You can do whatever you want!

But think about this:

Two Camus on one team

OR

A +1 Camus on one team

Choose wisely, Mr. Toast.....

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Okay Mr. Toast Explosion! You can do whatever you want!

But think about this:

Two Camus on one team

OR

A +1 Camus on one team

Choose wisely, Mr. Toast.....

Well I think Marth, Jeorge, and Minerva may want the other three spots, so :p

I'm building my Soren (Res+/Def-). What do you think of this build: 

Gronraven (vanilla)
Iceberg
TriAdept2
Green Tomebreaker3

Already have Nino so it didn't seem make sense to go the Bladetome route just to end up with a slower/weaker Nino. Working on a similar Sanaki (TriAdept/Swordbreaker) that I thought I'd try running alongside him. 

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Is it worth it to promote a 3 star unit to get the skills or is it better idea to send their home for the feathers?

It can definitely be worth it, depending on the unit and skill. I'm spending some of my gauntlet feathers to promote Hinata and Niles for Fury3 and Iceberg. 

5 minutes ago, fatboyjam said:

It can definitely be worth it, depending on the unit and skill. I'm spending some of my gauntlet feathers to promote Hinata and Niles for Fury3 and Iceberg. 

I'm trying free up my castle & I don't want to spend any feathers on them unless i have to.

22 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I'm trying free up my castle & I don't want to spend any feathers on them unless i have to.

I get it. Feel free to share who you're thinking about booting out and I'll give you my opinion on who you may want to keep around for SI. 

24 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Make a spreadsheet listing all of your units, including Boon / Bane, and I can give you my input.

It's a lot of effort up front, but it makes answering future inquiries much easier, plus it makes managing your units much less of a hassle.