Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

What kind of unit is panic ploy good on? I rolled a Luke who I have no interest in using, and I'm wondering what I should do with his skills.

Someone with high HP who doesn't need a different passive C skill (like a movement-type buff) to function.

Benchmarks are 45 HP to inflict Panic on Xander (44 HP) and 40 HP to inflict Panic on Spring Camilla (39 HP). Add 1 HP if you expect to be fighting +1 or +2 merges and 3 HP if you expect opponents to be compensating with S HP +3.

Alternatively, look for the units you really want to inflict Panic on and just pick someone with higher HP than that.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Someone with high HP who doesn't need a different passive C skill (like a movement-type buff) to function.

Benchmarks are 45 HP to inflict Panic on Xander (44 HP) and 40 HP to inflict Panic on Spring Camilla (39 HP). Add 1 HP if you expect to be fighting +1 or +2 merges and 3 HP if you expect opponents to be compensating with S HP +3.

Alternatively, look for the units you really want to inflict Panic on and just pick someone with higher HP than that.

Sounds good. Out of the dudes I regularly use, the ones I'd probably consider are Hector, Xander, and Minerva+1. Xander with HP seal is the most versatile in terms of movement, but he's often run on cav teams where he's either supplying fortify (if blade) or goad (if no blade). Hector's the beefiest, but he has poor movement and relies on his teammates to get him into position. Minerva has the lowest HP, but I don't really run flier emblem outside of 10th stratum quests (due to lacking SCamilla), so she's often teamed with Ryoma and Reinhardt instead and I can afford missing out on Xander since Rein decimates him even if he's buffed and on a defense tile. 

I'm probably going to do either Minerva or Hector, but I'm still not sure which one yet.

Edited by Thor Odinson

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I Inherited the Panic Ploy to Azama with HP+3 Seal (he hits 46 HP). He allready has Candlelight as a weapon to give the no counter debuff and Dazzling Staff 3. Together with this he should give 2 debuffs at once, but i need to test if that even works. as Passiv A he got long time ago Fortress Defense 3 from Lukas pushing his Defense to 37, his Res is 29. His attack is 22, but he is there for debuffing/healing, so atk doesnt matter much on him lol.

EDIT: Just tested it, both debuffs apply, the panic at start of turn and the no counter debuff when i attacked with azama.

Edited by Hilda

Just now, TheTuckingFypo said:

I'm trying to figure out the difference between Brash Assault and Desperation... Is Brash Assault a waste of coding?

@MrSmokestack

Brash Assault grants you a follow-up attack regardless of your Spd as long as your opponent can counterattack.

Desperation moves your follow-up attack before your opponent's attack but requires you to have a follow-up attack naturally.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Brash Assault grants you a follow-up attack regardless of your Spd as long as your opponent can counterattack.

Desperation moves your follow-up attack before your opponent's attack but requires you to have a follow-up attack naturally.

I see. Okay. Yeah, I found the descriptions a bit... confusing. Thanks. 

So I just managed to roll a Karel, which I've been looking for (or Athena) for Navarre and I can finally build the Navarre I want.

The question is now: L&D or Fury for A slot? I can only get LD2 because I'm budget as fuck, so I wonder if the 1/1 A/S is worth it over the safer HP drop (for Desperation) and the bulk increase. 

18 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

So I just managed to roll a Karel, which I've been looking for (or Athena) for Navarre and I can finally build the Navarre I want.

The question is now: L&D or Fury for A slot? I can only get LD2 because I'm budget as fuck, so I wonder if the 1/1 A/S is worth it over the safer HP drop (for Desperation) and the bulk increase. 

I am assuming you are just changing the weapon, A passive, and Special on Navarre. Using the calculator:

Navarre Level 40
Wo Dao+
Life and Death 2
Desperation 3
Threaten Spd 3
Moonbow
89 wins, 6 losses, 44 draws

Navarre Level 40
Wo Dao+
Fury 3
Desperation 3
Threaten Spd 3
Moonbow
82 wins, 4 losses, 53 draws

You are giving up seven wins using Fury 3. But, if you are using him for the Arena, the extra score from Fury 3 might be more important than an extra seven wins since Navarre will have his teammates to back him up.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I am assuming you are just changing the weapon, A passive, and Special on Navarre. Using the calculator:

Navarre Level 40
Wo Dao+
Life and Death 2
Desperation 3
Threaten Spd 3
Moonbow
89 wins, 6 losses, 44 draws

Navarre Level 40
Wo Dao+
Fury 3
Desperation 3
Threaten Spd 3
Moonbow
82 wins, 4 losses, 53 draws

You are giving up seven wins using Fury 3. But, if you are using him for the Arena, the extra score from Fury 3 might be more important than an extra seven wins since Navarre will have his teammates to back him up.

I'm just doing this for favoritism and I doubt I'd ever replace Ryoma on my infantry/mixed teams as the red, so yeah I'll probably go with LD

I have two Bridal Lyn's... Bridal Lyn #1 is +Res -Def and Bridal Lyn #2 is +Spd -Atk.

I plan to use her as a support healer with her default skill set, and possibly the A-slot skill that raises HP (HP +5). Which boon/bane should I keep?

4 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

I have two Bridal Lyn's... Bridal Lyn #1 is +Res -Def and Bridal Lyn #2 is +Spd -Atk.

I plan to use her as a support healer with her default skill set, and possibly the A-slot skill that raises HP (HP +5). Which boon/bane should I keep?

+Spd

More doubles, more survivability (because you're doubled by fewer things) (and because you aren't -Def)...what's not to like?

-Atk is honestly the ideal bane for a healer anyways unless you're running Wrathful Staff since you don't really care about dealing damage, just surviving. 

I have a +Spd/-HP Bride Cordelia, and I noticed a lot of people saying she's good.  What are some good skills to put on her?  (I do know that Brave Bow+ is often recommended.  Might do that eventually, but I don't have access to it at the moment.)  Are there any skills inheritable from 4* units that she does pretty well with?  Doesn't have to be totally optimal, just decent.  I'm kiiiinda stingy and don't like to five star a unit just to feed them to someone.  :unsure:

Also, I just recently five starred Anna and Alphonse.  What about these guys?  Any cheap (inheritable from 4*) recommendations? :):

I'm currently sitting on 3 Rodericks. I already know I'm passing on DB3 thanks to a spare Klein and Moonbow from Odin. But of the natures, I don't know what's best, even though I'm leaning to the +ATK/-HP one. The other two natures are +ATK/-RES and +RES/-SPD. Also, any other alternative skills that would suit him better?

1 hour ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I have a +Spd/-HP Bride Cordelia, and I noticed a lot of people saying she's good.  What are some good skills to put on her?  (I do know that Brave Bow+ is often recommended.  Might do that eventually, but I don't have access to it at the moment.)  Are there any skills inheritable from 4* units that she does pretty well with?  Doesn't have to be totally optimal, just decent.  I'm kiiiinda stingy and don't like to five star a unit just to feed them to someone.  :unsure:

Also, I just recently five starred Anna and Alphonse.  What about these guys?  Any cheap (inheritable from 4*) recommendations? :):

This is how I built mine: Brave Bow+, Reposition, Luna, Life and Death 3, Swordbreaker 3, Savage Blow 3.

You can give her B. Bow (the normal one without the "+") and LnD 2 and she will still be pretty usable. Fury and Desperation are good alternatives if you do not have LnD or S.breaker; they also synergize well with each other but is a bit less powerful. Any positioning Assist skill will work, Rep. is just my personal favorite. Her C Passive depends on your team, I chose S.B. because it allows her to kill even Veronica and Hector if they have enough fodder around them. I did not choose Threaten Defense because it does not work well against ranged enemies.

As for the stinginess, you just have to reframe the situation to make the stinginess work for you. Once you have the resources, not feeding Bride Cordelia a B. Bow+ immediately will make it harder to earn more Feathers in the future, so it is better to be stingy in the long run than being stingy in the short run.

I do not use the Askr trio often enough to really recommend anything, and it depends on your play style. If it were me, I would give Anna B. Axe and LnD2, and give Alfonse B. Sword and Death Blow 3. I need to check the calculator just to be sure, but I think those are the right skills for my play style based on my gut feeling.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

I'm currently sitting on 3 Rodericks. I already know I'm passing on DB3 thanks to a spare Klein and Moonbow from Odin. But of the natures, I don't know what's best, even though I'm leaning to the +ATK/-HP one. The other two natures are +ATK/-RES and +RES/-SPD. Also, any other alternative skills that would suit him better?

Depends on your playstyle, build, and what your team needs, but I prefer the +Atk/-Res... I think. I have to check the calculator to be sure but I feel so sleepy right now.

Here is the calculator and here is the topic I made about planning builds. Obviously, you do not have to follow all the steps I outlined in the topic since that build process is tailored to suit my own playstyle.

I was playing pretty casually until recently and could use some suggestions for skill inheritance, pretty much gave it a try when it first came out and didn't touch it since. 

Spoiler

5942855f5d0cf_IMG_00261.thumb.PNG.18c93a054ab76208817dd0d7ddefac29.PNG594285c964c27_IMG_00251.thumb.PNG.fa52f93b2d0ff41746b4d9c9917c2970.PNG594286063482d_IMG_00241.thumb.PNG.66d55bd37a9eeaaa9ea0bc51a0a94c71.PNG5942864373918_IMG_00231.thumb.PNG.857f17d13956230529e44653d45898b3.PNG5942867c9ab2a_IMG_00221.thumb.PNG.42b0a19089afb4d2fd1ca64965eb30db.PNG

I'm kind of undecided on how to build Ephraim. More specifically his A and B slots + Special. I mainly use him to duel with Reds (swords/dragons) and sometimes lances if Nino can't reach them.  

Option 1: Triangle Adept + Quick Riposte

• Ignis with Quickened seal
  • Bonfire with atk seal

Option 2: Triangle Adept + Lancebreaker            

• Bonfire with atk seal

Option 3: Fury + Quick Riposte

• Bonfire with atk seal

Or you could suggest something totally different. I'll be good with that. 

Edited by Kiran

5 hours ago, silverserpent said:

@XRay I may have to wait, because it looks like the new heroes aren't in the calculator yet. Thanks though!

Individual pages on the wiki have the stats, even though the calculator hasn’t been updated yet.

1 hour ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

So I managed to get a Athena (-def +hp) yesterday, any good SI you can suggest - I generally have a look at the wiki before but I dont really have the recommended IVs for either build so thought I'd just ask here 

9 times out of 10, you can use the optimal builds for a character without having the "optimal" IVs. 

A neutral Athena runs the same set as a +Atk or +Spd Athena just fine, only missing out on a few more ORKOs but ultimately doing the same thing. 

As for what that build is: her base kit is already really good. The main thing I would add is giving her Desperation on her B-slot and Life and Death (Fury and Swift Sparrow also work well here) for her A-slot, and she's pretty much set as a better Karel. Assist and C skills are flexible and largely based on player preference. For her Assist, I'd give her either a positioning assist (like Reposition) or Ardent Sacrifice to get her into Desperation range. Team-oriented Hone/Fortify/Spur skills are generally preferred for the C slot, but if you want a skill that benefits her more directly, you can give her Threaten Def. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

9 times out of 10, you can use the optimal builds for a character without having the "optimal" IVs. 

A neutral Athena runs the same set as a +Atk or +Spd Athena just fine, only missing out on a few more ORKOs but ultimately doing the same thing. 

As for what that build is: her base kit is already really good. The main thing I would add is giving her Desperation on her B-slot and Life and Death (Fury and Swift Sparrow also work well here) for her A-slot, and she's pretty much set as a better Karel. Assist and C skills are flexible and largely based on player preference. For her Assist, I'd give her either a positioning assist (like Reposition) or Ardent Sacrifice to get her into Desperation range. Team-oriented Hone/Fortify/Spur skills are generally preferred for the C slot, but if you want a skill that benefits her more directly, you can give her Threaten Def. 

Thanks for the info - I'l bookmark her for desperation when I get it ( I need alot of shannas for everyone I have that needs desperation ....or sacrifice my last Navarre lol) - same with Life and Death 20K feather investment :-/ - I can throw fury 3 on her though in the meantime (have loads of hinatas it seems)

1 minute ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Thanks for the info - I'l bookmark her for desperation when I get it ( I need alot of shannas for everyone I have that needs desperation ....or sacrifice my last Navarre lol) - same with Life and Death 20K feather investment :-/ - I can throw fury 3 on her though in the meantime (have loads of hinatas it seems)

Outside of favoritism or collection purposes (both of which are perfectly legitimate reasons), there's really no reason to keep Navarre. Athena does everything Navarre can do better.