Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Outside of favoritism or collection purposes (both of which are perfectly legitimate reasons), there's really no reason to keep Navarre. Athena does everything Navarre can do better. 

I'l admit it is just collection purposes - I'd like to keep 1 of each.... my reasoning being - just cus xD 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Marcodian_Elite said:

I'l admit it is just collection purposes - I'd like to keep 1 of each.... my reasoning being - just cus xD 

That's understandable. 

You can't get Desperation 3 from Navarre unless he's 5* anyways, so you may as well wait for a Shanna. 

1 hour ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Every blue unit I'm actually hoping for her - not a 5* haha

That's basically me but with reds. 

I've been searching for Hinata for so long (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

On 6/15/2017 at 9:17 AM, Five5 said:

I was playing pretty casually until recently and could use some suggestions for skill inheritance, pretty much gave it a try when it first came out and didn't touch it since. 

Hide contents

5942855f5d0cf_IMG_00261.thumb.PNG.18c93a054ab76208817dd0d7ddefac29.PNG594285c964c27_IMG_00251.thumb.PNG.fa52f93b2d0ff41746b4d9c9917c2970.PNG594286063482d_IMG_00241.thumb.PNG.66d55bd37a9eeaaa9ea0bc51a0a94c71.PNG5942864373918_IMG_00231.thumb.PNG.857f17d13956230529e44653d45898b3.PNG5942867c9ab2a_IMG_00221.thumb.PNG.42b0a19089afb4d2fd1ca64965eb30db.PNG

Did not notice your post until today.

Before you do anything else, train your Olivia to 4* level 40 as soon as possible, and finish training Ninian too. Dancers makes Grand Hero Battles easier, and a lot of strategies on YouTube need Oliva. Getting a single 3* version of the GHB hero is fine, but it is much better to get the 4* copy as well, since you can use the extra copy for merging at 5* or devour it for skill fodder. You should also give Olivia Ruby Sword and Axebreaker. Ninian should also get Hone Speed 3.

— — — — — — 

After that, I would work on your pony team. Finish leveling Xander and Cecilia and work on Camus and Ursula.

Camus and Xander should have their exclusive weapons, Moonbow, Fury 3, and Quick Riposte 2. Give Fortify Cavalry to either Camus or Xander, and give Hone Cavalry to the other one. Camus and Xander should also get Swap or Reposition. I would not bother with getting their native skill set besides their weapons, unless you have spare SP.

Cecilia and Ursula should get Gronnblade/Blárblade, Moonbow, and Life and Death 2. For their B Passives, you can either go with Desperation 3, Axebreaker 3 for Cecilia, or Lancerbreaker 2 for Ursula. I personally prefer Breakers, but you might like Desperation more. If you summon more Jagen and Gunter later, then give one of them F. Cav. and the other H. Cav. Cecilia and Ursula should also get Draw Back. If you can, Cecilia should get her Gronnraven as well and inherit Triangle Adept 3 from Roy. However, like Camus and Xander, do not bother with their native skills unless you have spare SP.

If you do not have all the skills, it is fine. They should still be usable and give you a decent amount of Feathers every week from the Arena.

Camus and Xander should have dibs on Fury, Quick Riposte, F. Cav., and H. Cav. Cecilia and Ursula should have dibs on Blade tomes and L&D2. Those are their most important skills.

However, do NOT sacrifice your only Nino to Cecilia. Wait for a spare with a bad stat spread.

— — — — — — 

Next I would focus on your infantry glass cannons. Nino should have the next dibs on L&D2, then Tharja, then Bride Caeda. B!Caeda should get her Blárblade too after Ursula gets hers. They should also get Desp. or Breakers (Tharja > S.breaker, B!Caeda > L.breaker); Nino should stick with Desp. unless you have trouble with Axe units.

If your Julia has a Spd boon and HP, Def, or Res bane, I would give her Gronnblade and L&D2 as well, but she should not be your priority.

You should also figure out which of your archers (Jeorge, Setsuna, Takumi) has the best nature, and give that one Brave Bow from Gordin. If your best archer is Klein, then you just need to train him since he already comes with Brave Bow. You can also give your best archer L&D2 as well, but like Julia, the archer should not be your priority.

— — — — — — 

Once you have done all of that, you should have a nice selection of dancers, cavalry, and infantry to choose from for story mode, Arena, and events. You can then start working on units like the Askr trio, Stahl, Felicia, and Virion (the neutral ones you get from Special Maps) since they are Bonus characters in the Arena and many GHB strategy videos use them.

Edited by XRay

I have a 4⋆ [+Spd, −HP] Tharja and [+Def, −Res] Nino, both with Desperation 3. They both also want Fury, correct? And Moonbow as a special?

I also have a 4⋆ [+Atk, −Res] Cecilia with Gronnblade and G Tomebreaker 3. What else does she want (except cavalry buffing teammates)?

53 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I have a 4⋆ [+Spd, −HP] Tharja and [+Def, −Res] Nino, both with Desperation 3. They both also want Fury, correct? And Moonbow as a special?

I also have a 4⋆ [+Atk, −Res] Cecilia with Gronnblade and G Tomebreaker 3. What else does she want (except cavalry buffing teammates)?

4* Gronnblade Cecilia is good with Darting, LnD3, and Fury 3

With Hone Cavalry:

Against Green, you basically have most things covered. LnD would make Cecilia lose to Hector 1v1, Darting give the highest offensive increase on initiation. So its basically Darting = LnD3 = Fury3 > LnD2

Against Blue, only Florina, Jagen, and Effie survives. Effie survives with exactly 1 HP so technically Fury and LnD is better than Darting here

Against Colorless, you OHKO every relevant one except Klein. To kill Klein you need LnD2 or Darting

This are done using 4* Cecilia +ATK-Res vs vanilla. I guess most of these are shifted in Darting Blow/Fury 3 favor

Alternative choice is Triangle Adept. This sacrifices Red match up, but Reinhardt is actually kinda scary. You need +5 Res to survive DB3 +ATK Hone Cav Reinhardt. Triangle Adept would dump Green match up, but its obviously really good vs Blue(OHKO everything iirc).

They don't really need special so if you want Arena score hunting an AOE special work, but in Moonbow is the most practical to run yeah. Draconic Aura seems decent if only because 4 CD with +18 damage with Hone, +21 with Fortif seems ok

14 minutes ago, JSND said:

4* Gronnblade Cecilia is good with Darting, LnD3, and Fury 3

Hmm, I’m giving my two 4⋆ Hinatas to Tharja and Nino, and a 4⋆ Florina to Cecilia then. Sounds neat.

1 minute ago, De Gea said:

Would Roderick be good for Hone Cavalry to go alongside Reinhardt or are there better recommendations?

Roderick wants Hone Cavalry buffs himself more than he wants to give Hone Cavalry buffs to other units. Give him and Reinhardt Fortify Cavalry instead. What other horses are you running?

12 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Roderick wants Hone Cavalry buffs himself more than he wants to give Hone Cavalry buffs to other units. Give him and Reinhardt Fortify Cavalry instead. What other horses are you running?

Not many: my other horses are Gunter and Frederick.  I'm only 2 weeks in

9 minutes ago, De Gea said:

Not many: my other horses are Gunter and Frederick.  I'm only 2 weeks in

You might want to wait on better horses then. Xander is a pretty great candidate for receiving Hone Cavalry since he wants Fortify Cavalry buffs more from his teammates.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I use Life and Death on both of them instead of Fury. Tharja, at least, can survive a counterattack from Hector and an unbuffed Xander even with Life and Death, which lets my other units leech the damage with Ardent Sacrifice.

Nino has a better argument for Fury over Life and Death since it will let her survive Reinhardt and Hector.

The special skill doesn't matter. Unless you're trying to solo with the unit and need burst damage at weapon triangle disadvantage, you basically don't need the additional damage, and ranged units can't run defensive specials or Galeforce. If you want something functional, I'd pick Draconic Aura for burst damage because the additional Atk from Litrblade's effect does contribute to Draconic Aura's damage.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

They both want Life and Death actually, but Fury is a decent alternative. Moonbow's probably best as a special though since they likely aren't going to be activating much else barring help from the Quickpulse seal. 

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Ice Dragon @MaskedAmpharos Life and Death costs 20k feathers each, while Fury doesn’t. Also Fury helps them drop into Desperation faster.
(at least, that’s my reasoning)

Life and Death 2 costs just as much as Fury 3 and is still better in certain cases. And anyways, I generally give build advice assuming the person asking is concerned with optimization rather than a budget build. Fury works just fine though.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Also Fury helps them drop into Desperation faster.

Having Desperation active only matters when attacking something that can counterattack and kill you in one hit.

Neither Tharja or Nino die in one hit against an opponent that is attacking at weapon triangle disadvantage, so having Desperation active only matters when attacking something of the same color (or is colorless) that doesn't die in a single hit.

If you're planning on having them attack at neutral weapon triangle often, then Fury gives them more bulk to survive the first counterattack. If you have teammates that already handle those colors, Life and Death is optimal because taking a counterattack is the absolute fastest way to get into Desperation range.

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Having Desperation active only matters when attacking something that can counterattack and kill you in one hit.

Neither Tharja or Nino die in one hit against an opponent that is attacking at weapon triangle disadvantage, so having Desperation active only matters when attacking something of the same color (or is colorless) that doesn't die in a single hit.

If you're planning on having them attack at neutral weapon triangle often, then Fury gives them more bulk to survive the first counterattack. If you have teammates that already handle those colors, Life and Death is optimal because taking a counterattack is the absolute fastest way to get into Desperation range.

Yes, I see your reasoning, and it’s …reasonable. For now I’m still going with Fury to at least get a hang of using blade mages.

If only I didn’t foolishly get rid of my 3⋆ Oboro and her Rally Def. I wonder when I dismissed her or whom did I make her give skills to.

I've been mulling over doing a Niles build. It's in the works, and I'd like to run it over with you guys here first and slowly get my fodder. Savaging Niles is feels like it's going to be an expensive project in terms of SI, so I would want to be able to save fodder if I have to luck to draw any over time instead of giving it to someone else.This is going to be a fun project on the side, I love him for carrying my team through the Ninja corridors in Conquest Lunatic. It's the least I can do in Heroes :'D

So far, I've been thinking that I'd like him to bait mages so would need a +res Niles. +spd would also probably be alright, and he'll definitely need a -def/-hp bane. atm, I'm experimenting with a +spd/-res Niles, and I feel that -res hurts him a lot, because he's so dependant on his special proc for damage. 

Then either Glacies or his default Iceberg as the special. For his A-slot, I'm leaning towards Fury for 37 spd/40 res for +res or 40 spd/37 res for +spd. I am also considering Distant Defence if I ever draw a Celica, on paper it sounds quite interesting, but it would also reduce his speed. I think if I were running Distant Defence, I'd need to run QR2/3 with it, though I wouldn't feel safe with the speedy bladetome mages. 

His B + C slot would just have to be Poison Strike and Savage Blow. If Clarisse's bow is inheritable, I have been also thinking about giving it to Niles to make him a chip damage defuffer (but how useful would that actually be, I don't know. Not sure if the payoff of increasing the proc rate of Iceberg/Glacies is worth it. ) 

Another option is to do a Firesweep build with him, but I think his atk will be too low, even if I run DB, and had a +atk variant. With  Firesweep I feel like all he'll be good for is chip damage with Poison Strike and Savage Blow :/ 

What B skill to put on Faye? If I keep her Firesweep, then her role becomes that of a poker/peeler, so I was thinking Poison Strike to help peel. But then I was looking through my heroes and thought about Bow Breaker to make her a Takumi/Klein counter instead. I mean, that is a bit two specific of a role for my tastes, but against any bow user she would not have to worry about her horrible speed. plus if I swap out her noontime for something else, then she could activate her special a lot faster if there was a bow user on the enemy team. unless you guys have another idea.

also, I can't keep her C skill forever, so what would be a good C skill for her? Aura buff? Aura debuff? Something else?

@komasa It is usually better to initiate the attack rather than let the enemy attack you. Player phase and enemy phase builds are very different from each other.

For player phase build against mages, Niles needs +Atk, B. Bow, Luna, L&D, and Breaker. For enemy phase build, he needs +Atk, K. Bow, Iceberg, Fury, and QR.

+Spd is redundant due to Niles' already decent speed, and it does not help Niles much to get more kills nor survive. Distance Defense is not good because it means he is getting less kills, and the less enemies Niles kills, the more likely he will get killed by the ones left alive; in my opinion, increasing survival at the cost of offense is generally a bad idea.

Poison Strike and Savage Blow works on support builds, not on enemy phase builds. FS and C's bow have the same might, so Niles is not going to kill much with either bow. FS allows Niles to apply a single debuff or Poison Strike safely, while C's allows him to apply debuffs and Poison Strike at the same time at the risk of getting counterattacked.

@TheouAegis Outside of B!Cordelia, bows are not too common and are rarely a threat, and Breakers are too situational for FS. Poison Strike/Seal and Savage Blow will be fine on her. If you do not like Savage Blow, then Hones and maybe Spurs are good. For specials, you can run Moonbow so that she can activate it on her third engagement.

Edited by XRay

I have a semblance of a cavalry team in 5⋆ Xander, Camus, Reinhardt, and 4⋆ Gronnblade Cecilia.
Xander bears Hone, Camus and Reinhardt bear Goad, and Cecilia bears Hone Atk 2 since I don’t remember when.

Who is the best candidate to place Fortify on? Obviously, it’s not Cecilia, because she appreciates the buff herself.

Also, should I give Cecilia Ward or something?

Edited by Vaximillian

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I have a semblance of a cavalry team in 5⋆ Xander, Camus, Reinhardt, and 4⋆ Gronnblade Cecilia.
Xander bears Hone, Camus and Reinhardt bear Goad, and Cecilia bears Hone Atk 2 since I don’t remember when.

Who is the best candidate to place Fortify on? Obviously, it’s not Cecilia, because she appreciates the buff herself.

The best for Fortif is Reinhardt

@Vaximillian I put H/F Cav on my melee ponies since they are the least likely to see combat or initiate attacks, so your Camus can get F. Cav. I personally prefer H/F over G/W, but Cecilia would be fine with any cavalry buff.

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

That's my exact cavalry team (though I'm going for 4* +10 Cecilia) lmao

I gave Hone to Xander and Cecilia and Fortify to Camus and Reinhardt. 

This setup allows me to split them up into two-horse pods of Xander/Reinhardt and Camus/Cecilia while still allowing everyone to receive a buff that benefits them.

You can switch around the buffs for Camus and Cecilia if you want since they both make good use of both Hone and Fortify, but at the very least I recommend giving Xander Hone and Reinhardt Fortify.