Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Quickened Pulse is first turn only. Eldigan will activate Ignis on the first round of combat, but it will have its normal 3 cooldown after that, meaning it won't activate on the second round of combat unless he gets double attacked.

True, true. But in Arena, Eldigan--or any other unit really--isn't likely to attack or be attacked more than once or twice; and in Tempest Trials, Quick Pulse preserves Ignis's uptime for the start of each map, anyway, so long as you can keep his HP up.

EDIT: @Marcodian_Elite WoM works better for Arena Defense, but G Tomebreaker works well in either context.

@InigoPadalin RIP

Edited by MrSmokestack

20 minutes ago, InigoPadalin said:

Uh, one problem with Quickened Pulse.

(I didn't participate in Tempest Trials)

Then go for Bonfire instead of Ignis. A bit less boom but still boom.

Edited by Vaximillian

On 7/8/2017 at 2:44 PM, BANRYU said:

okay so not very on-topic with the current discussion, but after running some calcs I think I've come up with the best builds for Summer Tiki.

1) Melon Buster

• +Spd/-Res
  • Melon Smasher+ / Silver Axe + / Legion's Axe+ | Swap / Repo | Draconic Aura / Bonfire | Fury 3 | Axebreaker 3 | x | Spd+1 seal
  • reaches a fairly solid speed tier of 37, which is pretty hard to outspeed (mostly done by the glassy mages and fast swords, both of whom she wants to avoid anyway)
  • Breath of Life support recommended if running Melon Smasher to attempt to maintain the weapon's buffs; when not at full health, Silver/Legion's axes offer similar performance (running with a healer is probably a good idea either way to maintain the melon's buffs)
  • versatile between offense and defense, being capable of functioning pretty well on either phase, something most non-TA axes can't boast

2) Brave Bomber

• +Atk/-Spd or -Res
  • Brave Axe+ | x | Draconic Aura | Death Blow 3 | Axebreaker 3 | Threaten Def 3 | Atk+1 seal
  • outperformed by Bartre running the same set, but otherwise this build offers the highest kill count that this unit can achieve (calc'd against Fury builds and all natures)

3) Budget Basher

• (default skills) + [Swap + QR2] / [Reposition + Knock Back] / [Reciprocal Aid + Drag Back] / [Rally Res + Escape Route 2] + [Rally Atk + Obstruct 2)
  • default skills are pretty synergetic already, so inheriting skills from just one unit (Subaki, Barst, Donnel, Cecilia, and Hana respectively) lets her fill out her blank skill slots efficiently with minimal unit/feather expenditure, with all of those units except Subaki able to pass the listed skills at 3*. 

Updated the third build with the more budget-friedly options and took out Clair. 

Got a 4⋆ Cordelia (flying, not frilly). [−Atk, +Def], slightly unfortunately.

How does ( Brave lance | Reposition | Luna | Death Blow | Hit and Run | Fortify Fliers ) sound?

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Got a 4⋆ Cordelia (flying, not frilly). [−Atk, +Def], slightly unfortunately.

How does ( Brave lance | Reposition | Luna | Death Blow | Hit and Run | Fortify Fliers ) sound?

Hit n Run is okay, but it trades offensive reach for more safety when attacking (galeforce sweeps are harder since you run away every time you attack). I never bothered swapping back to drag back from WoM because of that.

That said, since you're using a Luna build, it's probably fine. (Cordelia is one of the few characters who actually use galeforce properly, though.)

Back to having alot of units again, I've 3 4* marths - I'm thinking of either merging (for the sake of it - better than sending home)  or is spur spd 3 worth inheriting to someone?

I've 5 Lon'qu and 4 Hinatas (both at 3*) which I'm keeping for fury and\vantage

I've 5 3* Laslows - is he worth keeping for access to axebreaker?

4 3* Oboros - worth keeping or just sending home?

5 3* bartes - as he doesnt  get fury 3 until 5* should I just send the spares home?

5 3* and  2 4* felicia - Breath of life worth keeping this many? tempted to upgrade a few and have a + 4* felica

5 3* Raighs - do I need this many? prob. not

2 2*, 4 3* and 3 4* of Ceclila - I think I can get rid of a few of these

Wrys - I just pulled my 2nd 4* - should I just merge him or is he any use for SI fodder?

4 3* Adult Tikis - Ive a 4* at 40 the rest should I send home?

Thats pretty much all my multiples  what say you? (thanks in advance)

@Marcodian_Elite Axebreaker is pretty useful on some units depending on who you have, I'd keep the Laslows, personally. For Felicia, Breath of Life is actually pretty useful now that it can stack with the sacred seal, but I strongly doubt you need so many. I wouldn't bother with using her or merging her, just keep 2-3 of them and sell the rest. Raigh? I can't imagine you'd need Seal Res (?) or Rally Atk that often. Sell him if you don't want to use him I think. 

Cecilia and Wrys-- CAN be used, but have pretty niche inheritance recipients... Escape Route and Rally Res are decent filler, but other than Gronnraven+ there isn't too much she's valuable for. Wrys... unless you want to 5* him for Live to Serve 3, he can give Slow + Rehab + Heavenly Light IIRC, which.... if you have a healer who lacks Rehab that you wanna invest in, that could be something I guess?

For Tiki, I'd suggest keeping at least one with the best nature, she can actually be pretty good if you decide to invest in her. Otherwise, I'd keep the others; Bonfire is one of the more commonly-desired Specials so having a lot of fodder for it is probably a good idea.

So, haven't looked at the others from the new banner yet, but Sonya seems pretty good, with possibly the most optimized stats (meaning lowest Defense) for a mix of Nino and Julia. Same Res as Julia, same Atk as Soren/Nino, and second best speed of the green mages after Nino. Seems like a pretty solid Rein counter to me. 

EDIT: Oh. Uh. I got confused somehow lol ;; Soren still has better speed I guess? wtf is wrong with me can't I read

I'm thinking she'd do the Fury+Desp build pretty good, though maybe she'd prefer Swift Sparrow or hell even Darting Blow for a better edge on Speed.... with Dark Excalibur she probably wants more speed to proc Moonbow more often anyway. 

Edited by BANRYU

38 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

@Marcodian_Elite Axebreaker is pretty useful on some units depending on who you have, I'd keep the Laslows, personally. For Felicia, Breath of Life is actually pretty useful now that it can stack with the sacred seal, but I strongly doubt you need so many. I wouldn't bother with using her or merging her, just keep 2-3 of them and sell the rest. Raigh? I can't imagine you'd need Seal Res (?) or Rally Atk that often. Sell him if you don't want to use him I think. 

Cecilia and Wrys-- CAN be used, but have pretty niche inheritance recipients... Escape Route and Rally Res are decent filler, but other than Gronnraven+ there isn't too much she's valuable for. Wrys... unless you want to 5* him for Live to Serve 3, he can give Slow + Rehab + Heavenly Light IIRC, which.... if you have a healer who lacks Rehab that you wanna invest in, that could be something I guess?

For Tiki, I'd suggest keeping at least one with the best nature, she can actually be pretty good if you decide to invest in her. Otherwise, I'd keep the others; Bonfire is one of the more commonly-desired Specials so having a lot of fodder for it is probably a good idea.

So, haven't looked at the others from the new banner yet, but Sonya seems pretty good, with possibly the most optimized stats (meaning lowest Defense) for a mix of Nino and Julia. Same Res as Julia, same Atk as Soren/Nino, and second best speed of the green mages after Nino. Seems like a pretty solid Rein counter to me. 

EDIT: Oh. Uh. I got confused somehow lol ;; Soren still has better speed I guess? wtf is wrong with me can't I read

I'm thinking she'd do the Fury+Desp build pretty good, though maybe she'd prefer Swift Sparrow or hell even Darting Blow for a better edge on Speed.... with Dark Excalibur she probably wants more speed to proc Moonbow more often anyway. 

Sound sorting through my barracks nows - forgot to mention ive like 5/6 stahls - worth keping a few or swap - or all for swap?

1 hour ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Sound sorting through my barracks nows - forgot to mention ive like 5/6 stahls - worth keping a few or swap - or all for swap?

I'd keep them if you have space. Stahl only really gives Swap and maybe Ruby Sword; the other units who have Ruby Sword also give Moonbow and Goad Fliers (Palla) and Fury 3 (Hinata). For the other units that give Swap, it's Arthur who also gives Emerald Axe and Lancebreaker 2 -- hoping that we get another summonable unit with 4* Lancebreaker 3 access -- and Subaki who also gives Quick Riposte and Sapphire Lance. Stahl's probably the easiest to spend on for Swap since the other skills he can give are a bit easier to come by than Lancebreaker and Quick Riposte.

Knights and tanky units like Eldigan, Lukas, and Xander would work Swap very well. Probably newcomers Berkut, Gray, and Saber as well. It doesn't move unit much, but there's not much of a terrain restriction and unlike Draw Back, Pivot, and Reposition, obstacles don't stop Swap from working.

Edited by Kaden

Do you guys here still think it's still worthwhile to put Poison Dagger+ on a +res/-hp Summer!Freddy? I'm a bit 50/50 on it since he'd win a lot more match ups compared to normal but at the same time definitely not as effective as Kagero herself. I have enough kageros to spare to make it happen if it's still the best weapon for him. 

Otherwise would it be better keeping the Seashell or using the Smoke dagger? 

18 minutes ago, ruruo said:

Do you guys here still think it's still worthwhile to put Poison Dagger+ on a +res/-hp Summer!Freddy? I'm a bit 50/50 on it since he'd win a lot more match ups compared to normal but at the same time definitely not as effective as Kagero herself. I have enough kageros to spare to make it happen if it's still the best weapon for him. 

Otherwise would it be better keeping the Seashell or using the Smoke dagger? 

If you have a bunch of Kageros, then I do not see a problem with giving Frederick Poison Dagger. Seashell and Smoke Dagger are not bad, but many units in this game are infantry units, so Poison Dagger will do more damage against. Even against cavalry and fliers, I highly doubt Seashell and Smoke Dagger is going to kill many of them.

On 6/12/2017 at 5:29 PM, TheTuckingFypo said:

I've got this:

@Rezzy @MrSmokestack @Arcanite

Reveal hidden contents

Azama

43/21/26/35/25 (-atk w/Pain equipped)
43/24/23/35/25 (-spd w/Pain equipped)

+Def/-Atk or -Spd

Weapon: Pain 
Assist: Rehabilitate
Special: Imbue
Passive A: Distant Def 3
Passive B: Live to Serve 3
Passive C: Threaten Attack 3/Savage Blow 3

Monks do not kill. Monks do not pick fights. They tank, heal others and let them do the work for him. Azama does exactly this with this build. +DEF nature, Distant Def 3 are necessary to ensure that no one can kill him if they somehow manage to reach him (which they shouldn't be able to anyways). With the exceptions of +Atk Kagero and +Atk Celica, the rest of the cast cannot leave a big enough dent on him to kill (without Skill Inheritance). This would be super irritating for his opponents, since on his turn, he can fully patch up not only his teammates, but also himself with either Martyr/Rehabilitate and Live to Serve. 

Threaten Attack 3 is the most flexible thing in this build, but since it comes in Azama's natural set, it'll lighten SP costs, and is thus recommended.

Edit: Fixed errors and added suggestions made out by @Arcanite and @Ice Dragon

On 7/9/2017 at 9:19 PM, TheTuckingFypo said:

I just want to add an update to this build. 

1. Negate the -SPD.
2. While the build calls for +Def/-Atk, +Res/-Atk is also acceptable, provided you give Azama either the HP+3 or Squad Ace A 1 Seal. Not having one of those on him results in a 1RKO by (neutral) Kagero (she deals 44 dmg).
3. Attack Ploy 3 is also a viable C slot option.

EDIT: With the addition of Alm and Celica's Army, Azama needs to steer clear of Delthea and Sonya. They both will ORKO him. 

On 7/10/2017 at 9:28 AM, TheTuckingFypo said:

True. Though, ironically, it allows Celica (and, Linde, with him having a +Def/-Atk nature) to 1RKO him. I guess it's viable in the arena, since Celica shouldn't be in Arena defense (the AI fucks her up real bad from what I've seen).

I'm not going bait monk. I'm going full support defensive healer. That's also really hard to kill. If he is somehow in range. 

Though, I really like your build there. 

Reveal hidden contents

Azama

Distant Defense 3 Stats
43/21/26/35/25 (+def)
43/21/26/32/28 (+res)

Fortress Defense 3 Stats
43/18/26/40/25 (+def)
43/18/26/37/29 (+res)

+Def/-Atk or +Res/-Atk

Assist: Rehabilitate/Martyr
Passive A: Distant Def 3/Fortress Def 3
Passive C: Threaten Attack 3/Savage Blow 3/Attack Ploy 3
Sacred Seal: HP +3 or Squad Ace A 1 (43 ---> 46 HP)

Monks do not kill. Monks do not pick fights. They tank, heal others and let them do the work for him. Azama does exactly this with this build. +DEF nature, Distant Def 3 are necessary to ensure that no one can kill him if they somehow manage to reach him (which they shouldn't be able to anyways). With the exceptions of +Atk Kagero and +Atk Celica, the rest of the cast cannot leave a big enough dent on him to kill (without Skill Inheritance). This would be super irritating for his opponents, since on his turn, he can fully patch up not only his teammates, but also himself with either Martyr/Rehabilitate and Live to Serve. This build is also viable with a +Res/-Atk nature, but requires Azama to hold the HP +3 or Squad Ace A 1 Seal to prevent Kagero from getting a ORKO on him.

Fotress Defense 3 can also be used as a budget friendlier option. However, it ironically opens up a ORKO on him from Celica (and depending on your nature, Linde as well).

Threaten Attack 3 is the most flexible thing in this build, but since it comes in Azama's natural set, it'll lighten SP costs, and is thus recommended. 

Updated with suggestions from @Arcanite @Ice Dragon @BANRYU and @eclipse

I guess the only thing I really need now is a name for this build XD.

I'm currently trying to find a viable candidate for Close Def 3, no luck thus far.

As for close defense, I found some success:

Spoiler

Sakura or Lissa

+Def/-Atk (Sakura), +Spd/-Atk (Lissa)

Weapon: Flexible
Assist: Rehabilitate preferred, but ultimately flexible
Skill A: Close Defense 3
Skill B: Live to Serve 3, (Renewal 3 for budget Lissa)
Skill C: Flexible
S.Seal: HP +3 (Sakura), Speed +1 (Lissa)

The only unit that can ORKO either of them without a +Atk is a Full HP Celica with Ragnarok.

Another build I'm playing with:

Spoiler

Julia

IV: Flexible (Mine is +HP/-DEF)... though maybe +Atk or +Spd/-Def is optimal??

Weapon: Naga
Assist: Flexible (though I'm planning on Reciprocal Aid or something
Special: Dragon Fang
Skill A: Life and Death 3
Skill B: Renewal 3/Wings of Mercy 3
Skill C: Breath of Life 3
S.Seal: Flexible (though it seems that the speed +1 seal nets my Julia more kills than attack +1)

Open to constructive criticism and unconditional praise.

31 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

[Julia build]

Off the top of my head, Life and Death removes her ability to bait all Reinhardt variants on the Enemy Phase. If you're more of a Player Phase type person and don't care about that, that build should be fine. Though, unless you're really hurting for the sustain, I'd swap Breath of Life for a buff or aura (a.k.a. Spur) skill.

I'd have to actually look at numbers for +Atk vs +Spd, though my feeling is that +Spd is better for Life and Death.

Question: how exactly are cavalry buffs typically distributed within a Horse Emblem team? Just want to make sure that a Jagen or Gunter doesn't go to waste since I don't have that many of them compared to the number of Subakis I have.

Horse Emblem members in consideration:

Xander (already has Hone Cavalry)

Reinhardt (has Goad Cavalry)

Camus (has Goad Cavalry)

Cecilia (under construction)

I also have a Clarine but she doesn't have good stat mods ATM.

Edited by Roflolxp54

@Roflolxp54 There are a few ways to distribute horse buffs, depending on the units you're running and how prevalent -Blade is on your team:

4 Goad- This team tends to stick together for the massive +12 Atk / Spd bonus to everyone at the same time. Expensive to build because of how rare Reinhardt and Camus are though, and has no real synergy with -Blade users.

2 Fortify Cavalry / 2 Hone Cavalry- This is the preferred option for the vast majority of cavalry builds, as it accomodates both -Blade users and defensive cavalry units like Xander.

Your Fortifies will want to go towards your most offensive units; these units want to give these buffs to units who will take hits for them. Conversely, your Hones will want to go towards your most defensive units.

For example, Xander might want Hone Cavalry while Reinhardt / Olwen or a -Blade user might prefer Fortify Cavalry.

That said, your team can have its buffs placed like so:

Xander- Hone

Reinhardt- Fortify

Camus- Hone

Cecilia- Fortify

If Cecilia ran -Raven instead of -Blade, you could make a case for 4 Goad Cavalry on everyone though.

22 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Question: how exactly are cavalry buffs typically distributed within a Horse Emblem team? Just want to make sure that a Jagen or Gunter doesn't go to waste since I don't have that many of them compared to the number of Subakis I have.

I give all my cavalry units both buffs for flexibility in team composition. I use the following distribution:

1st Blade [Hone], 2nd Blade [Hone]

Blade [Hone/Fortify/Savage Blow], Melee [Hone]

1st Blade [Hone/Savage Blow], 2nd Blade [Fortify], 3rd Blade [Hone]

1st Blade [Hone/Savage Blow], 2nd Blade [Fortify], Melee [Hone]

1st Blade [Hone/Savage Blow], 1st Melee [Fortify], 2nd Melee [Hone]

For a full cavalry team, who has what does not matter as long as there are two Hones and two Fortifies.

1st refers to the most deck out or powerful unit, 2nd refers to the next most powerful one, and 3rd refers to the last.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Roflolxp54 There are a few ways to distribute horse buffs, depending on the units you're running and how prevalent -Blade is on your team:

4 Goad- This team tends to stick together for the massive +12 Atk / Spd bonus to everyone at the same time. Expensive to build because of how rare Reinhardt and Camus are though, and has no real synergy with -Blade users.

2 Fortify Cavalry / 2 Hone Cavalry- This is the preferred option for the vast majority of cavalry builds, as it accomodates both -Blade users and defensive cavalry units like Xander.

Your Fortifies will want to go towards your most offensive units; these units want to give these buffs to units who will take hits for them. Conversely, your Hones will want to go towards your most defensive units.

For example, Xander might want Hone Cavalry while Reinhardt / Olwen or a -Blade user might prefer Fortify Cavalry.

Xander- Hone

Reinhardt- Fortify

Camus- Hone

Cecilia- Fortify

If Cecilia ran -Raven instead of -Blade, you could make a case for 4 Goad Cavalry on everyone though.

While this is true i want to note that Xander in particular have some match up where Hone makes and breaks it so its worth considering if you dont run TA Xander

33 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Xander- Hone

Reinhardt- Fortify

Camus- Hone

Cecilia- Fortify

Sounds good. ATM, the only Bladetome user on the Horse Emblem team would be Cecilia (waiting to get enough feathers to 5* a Nino); no Leos and spare Tharjas lying around and no Olwens and only 1 Odin lying around.

@JSND

Got no TA3 fodder to speak of. No Fury 3 fodder, either. (Pulled 0 Roys, Hinatas, and Lon'qus since day 1-2 after being done with rerolls.)

@XRay

I don't have many Gunters (only 2 3* copies) or Jagens (1 4* and 2 3* copies) to go around with compared to the number of spare Subakis (2 4* and 6 3* copies) I have.

I also have a neat +Atk/-Res Eliwood though I haven't touched him yet and I also have 2 Titania though neither of them have particularly good Boons/Banes (+Def/-Res and +Def/-Atk). I also have +Atk/-HP Frederick to go around with though I can't do much with him ATM since feathers are rather high in demand for my end (gotta 5* Nino to give Cecilia Gronnblade+, Cecilia herself wants to be 5*'d, and I also have a Eirika I want to 5* so that she can be a great buffbot).

Edited by Roflolxp54

@Roflolxp54 an alternate good option for Bladetome is Ursula. Shes actually as effective as most version of Olwen

Without TA3, basic stats based A slot are pretty ok as a slot filler. Not sure what 200 cost A slot are good enough to replace F3 though. TA2 is fine if you want to settle there

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

@Roflolxp54 an alternate good option for Bladetome is Ursula. Shes actually as effective as most version of Olwen

Without TA3, basic stats based A slot are pretty ok as a slot filler. Not sure what 200 cost A slot are good enough to replace F3 though. TA2 is fine if you want to settle there

I'll keep that in mind; I'd have to get Odin to 5* at some point though 5* Gronnblade+ Cecilia and 5* Eirika come first.

You mean skills like Atk +3? I don't have many fodder units for those sort of skills, either, and the very few I have would need feathers.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

If you have a bunch of Kageros, then I do not see a problem with giving Frederick Poison Dagger. Seashell and Smoke Dagger are not bad, but many units in this game are infantry units, so Poison Dagger will do more damage against. Even against cavalry and fliers, I highly doubt Seashell and Smoke Dagger is going to kill many of them.

Thanks, I think I will just do that then. I have 3 poor IVed Kageroes, and plenty of feathers xD;; 

It think Seashell is pretty decent since turns whatever he doesn't kill into a wet noodle. -7def/-7res and -5atk/-5spd from Seal Atk/spd. 

6 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I'll keep that in mind; I'd have to get Odin to 5* at some point though 5* Gronnblade+ Cecilia and 5* Eirika come first.

You mean skills like Atk +3? I don't have many fodder units for those sort of skills, either, and the very few I have would need feathers.

If you don't want to sacrifice anyone, I think using Xander's native Armoured Blow is an alright until you get the skill you want. I don't think it's as good as Atk+3 but I'd take it over TA because I feel TA is a rarer skill to pull, and there's no need to use a unit for a skill you're ultimately going to replace. 

21 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

As for close defense, I found some success:

Reveal hidden contents

Sakura or Lissa

+Def/-Atk (Sakura), +Spd/-Atk (Lissa)

Weapon: Flexible
Assist: Rehabilitate preferred, but ultimately flexible
Skill A: Close Defense 3
Skill B: Live to Serve 3, (Renewal 3 for budget Lissa)
Skill C: Flexible
S.Seal: HP +3 (Sakura), Speed +1 (Lissa)

The only unit that can ORKO either of them without a +Atk is a Full HP Celica with Ragnarok.

Reveal hidden contents

Julia

IV: Flexible (Mine is +HP/-DEF)... though maybe +Atk or +Spd/-Def is optimal??

Weapon: Naga
Assist: Flexible (though I'm planning on Reciprocal Aid or something
Special: Dragon Fang
Skill A: Life and Death 3
Skill B: Renewal 3/Wings of Mercy 3
Skill C: Breath of Life 3
S.Seal: Flexible (though it seems that the speed +1 seal nets my Julia more kills than attack +1)

EDIT: Azama can tank them both if he is +Spd/-Atk, and they aren't +Atk or +Spd.

So... Revised.

Spoiler

Azama

43/21/30/32/25 

+Spd/-Atk preferred, +Def/-Atk is also doable

Assist: Rehabilitate
Passive A: Distant Def 3
Passive C: Threaten Attack 3/Savage Blow 3
Sacred Seal: Flexible, Speed+1 (+Def/-atk)

Monks do not kill. Monks do not pick fights. They tank, heal others and let them do the work for him. Azama does exactly this with this build. He utilizes Distant Def 3 with his already strong defense and decent(ish) resistance to tank every unit in the game, except for +Atk Celica, Hana, Legion and Minerva, or +Spd Kagero and Delthea. Legion can also ORKO him if he holds an Attack +1 Seal.

In his +Def/-atk variant, only Delthea and Sonya can ORKO him without the needing +ATK or SI. Delthea, Sonya and Kagero can ORKO him with a +ATK. Celica can ORKO him if she's +Atk, and has full health and Ragnarok+ equipped.

20 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Off the top of my head, Life and Death removes her ability to bait all Reinhardt variants on the Enemy Phase. If you're more of a Player Phase type person and don't care about that, that build should be fine. Though, unless you're really hurting for the sustain, I'd swap Breath of Life for a buff or aura (a.k.a. Spur) skill.

I'd have to actually look at numbers for +Atk vs +Spd, though my feeling is that +Spd is better for Life and Death.

I mostly use her as a player phase offensive support for Xander, she heals him, and he repositions her behind him if necessary. 

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

12 hours ago, ruruo said:

If you don't want to sacrifice anyone, I think using Xander's native Armoured Blow is an alright until you get the skill you want. I don't think it's as good as Atk+3 but I'd take it over TA because I feel TA is a rarer skill to pull, and there's no need to use a unit for a skill you're ultimately going to replace. 

Honestly, Xander doesn't really need much to be great - he only really needs Quick Riposte to actually be decent. A repositioning skill (such as Swap that often comes along with QR2) and Bonfire are just icing on the cake.