Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

How well could S!Corrin (+def) counter archers with raven build? I currently running Minerva with Shield, but I can't say it work flawlessly. 

Terribly unless you're initiating combat.

+0 Bride Cordelia [+Atk] (Brave Bow+, Life and Death 3) deals 20×2 damage. Corrin will barely live with defensive buffs up (with 2 HP with +4 Def, with 6 HP with +6 Def).

+0 Bride Cordelia [+Atk, =Spd] (Firesweep Bow+, Life and Death 3) deals 24×2 damage, which kills Corrin unless she has at least +8 Def.

Also, any archer with Cancel Affinity will instantly delete her.

I don't think I saw seasonal characters in GBH and tower and in story quests they have default weapons, doesn't they? Wouldn't then Klein be most dangerous one? 

Hmm I should probably clarify It's meant to be for flyer emblem exclusively. It's not for arena use.

1 minute ago, Tenzen12 said:

Hmm I should probably clarify It's meant to be for flyer emblem exclusively. It's not for arena use.

"Flyer Emblem" and "Arena use" are not mutually exclusive.

3 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I don't think I saw seasonal characters in GBH and tower and in story quests they have default weapons, doesn't they? Wouldn't then Klein be most dangerous one? 

I'm going to assume you mean you want to use her for Tenth Stratum quests.

Assuming player-usable stats (haha, very funny):

+0 Klein [+Atk] (Brave Bow+, Death Blow 3) deals 17×2 damage, which is also enough to kill her in one round without Def buffs.
+0 Gordin [+Atk] (Brave Bow+, Attack +3) deals 15×2 damage, which Corrin survives with 4 HP.

With Tenth Stratum's inflated stats, I wouldn't count on it. Spring Camilla is a much better bet due to her 30 base Def if you want an enemy phase archer counter.

Takumi and Niles also have the possibility of being rolled with Cancel Affinity.

You're better off just resetting the Tower to get a map without archers. Or running Blarblade to delete archers on player phase.

Spring Camilla would nice...

I didn't roll for her though. when it come to Archers I either depend on Cordellia nuking them, Iota shield Minerva out dueling them (I can't say it works well...) or just locking them on CCQ without chance for escape. I also feel much more comfy with goat and ward skills as it allow more free movement on map.

Edited by Tenzen12

@Jingle Jangle Triangle Adept and either Swordbreaker or Quick Riposte give Nowi the most coverage. You don't necessarily need Quick Riposte at its maximum level to make the most of it, though do keep in mind that it wears off once Nowi drops below 36 HP if you have QR 2. At +Def, using either a fort tile or a Def buff ensures that she never loses QR from being attacked by a red sword.

4 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

How good is a (+def, -res) Nowi. I was thinking of equipping her with Triangle Adept, with lancebreaker. The alternative is fury with sword breaker. The goal is to make her  wall of majority of common units. Any ideas?

Triangle Adept with Quick Riposte is more versatile than Lancebreaker because Nowi will barely miss red kills that she really wants without the ability to double attack.

Fury with Swordbreaker is okay, but it severely lacks in coverage and should only be used if you need her to cover swords and only swords.

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Triangle Adept with Quick Riposte is more versatile than Lancebreaker because Nowi will barely miss red kills that she really wants without the ability to double attack.

Fury with Swordbreaker is okay, but it severely lacks in coverage and should only be used if you need her to cover swords and only swords.

Triangle Adept with Quick Riposte it is. Thanks for the advice.

What should I run for special for zephiel ? Moonbow or bonfire 

Zephiel : Eckesachs , dist counter, wary fighter, ward armour. 

From how I see it using moonbow :

Enemy attack zephiel (non brave user let) : special charge drop to 1

Zephiel attacks : charge down to 0

So with moonbow zephiel is ready to hit while bonfire wont. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Sonnua said:

What should I run for special for zephiel ? Moonbow or bonfire

Zephiel : Eckesachs , dist counter, wary fighter, ward armour. 

From how I see it using moonbow :

Enemy attack zephiel (non brave user let) : special charge drop to 1

Zephiel attacks : charge down to 0

So with moonbow zephiel is ready to hit while bonfire wont. Thoughts?

I gave mine Moonbow and that is his primary Special. I sometimes switch it out for Noontime or Sol for armor quests since he does not really need a special to kill green units.

Any suggestions for +Def/-Hp Summer F!Corrin's B slot? She'll be running Blarblade, Draw Back, and default skills (for now) with a team of Hone Hinoka, Fortify Caeda, and Goad Narcian.  My initial thought was to use B Tomebreaker, but I almost never see blue mages outside of Reinhardt, and Narcian rips them all to ribbons anyway.  Lancebreaker is not an option.   

8 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Any suggestions for +Def/-Hp Summer F!Corrin's B slot? She'll be running Blarblade, Draw Back, and default skills (for now) with a team of Hone Hinoka, Fortify Caeda, and Goad Narcian.  My initial thought was to use B Tomebreaker, but I almost never see blue mages outside of Reinhardt, and Narcian rips them all to ribbons anyway.  Lancebreaker is not an option.   

Desperation.

While we're on that S!Corrin train, there there any inheritable tome that works better than her default? I'd give her Blarblade but I don't have a Hinoka and Goad Fliers on everyone has been working pretty well already. Blarowl?

6 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

While we're on that S!Corrin train, there there any inheritable tome that works better than her default? I'd give her Blarblade but I don't have a Hinoka and Goad (I think you meant Hone?) Fliers on everyone has been working pretty well already. Blarowl?

Blarowl might be good with Goad stacking since Palla is pretty common for inheritance; it sucks that Flier Emblem is such a chore to build due to its necessary fodder (Hinoka) being locked to 5* and its mages being locked to events ~___~ But yeah, that might be your next best bet. I don't see Blarraven as being particularly useful on her.

Incidentally, who has two thumbs and pulled what is probably Corrin's worst IV? This guyyyyyyyy. (+Def/-Spd RIP) I really don't know what to put on her to make her even halfway useful lol. In the dreamlike, unrealistic situation where I have enough orbs after pulling for Sonya and Ninian to try more, I might attempt to pull a better nature, but it's pretty unlikely. 

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

Blarowl might be good with Goad stacking since Palla is pretty common for inheritance; it sucks that Flier Emblem is such a chore to build due to its necessary fodder (Hinoka) being locked to 5* and its mages being locked to events ~___~ But yeah, that might be your next best bet. I don't see Blarraven as being particularly useful on her.

Incidentally, who has two thumbs and pulled what is probably Corrin's worst IV? This guyyyyyyyy. (+Def/-Spd RIP) I really don't know what to put on her to make her even halfway useful lol. In the dreamlike, unrealistic situation where I have enough orbs after pulling for Sonya and Ninian to try more, I might attempt to pull a better nature, but it's pretty unlikely. 

I dunno, people say you "need" Hinoka but I'm liking the flexibility of Goad Fliers. -Spd might be a bad IV but if you slap +12/+12 Atk/Spd from 3 goads, any nature is viable! Blarowl could work, as Fliers usually stick close for buffs.

26 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I dunno, people say you "need" Hinoka but I'm liking the flexibility of Goad Fliers. -Spd might be a bad IV but if you slap +12/+12 Atk/Spd from 3 goads, any nature is viable! Blarowl could work, as Fliers usually stick close for buffs.

I'll admit it's hard to let go the appeal of +11 from LnD + Hone Fliers stacked onto 37 Speed, but... gotta take what I can realistically work with, too =w=

Yeah, even though I'm the one who said it that DOES sound pretty good though lol. Fliers have an easier time sticking to each other than any other type of unit, and... lemme see here... Assuming we're giving Goad to all the fliers in the given setup and have Corn surrounded by her buds, that's an additional +6 to all stats from Owl... 49 Atk / 49 Spd / 31 Def / 32 Res. Holy shit. I mean... It's certainly not as easy to get as a single Hone user ending the turn next to her and letting her go to town on anyone nearby with a Blade, but... Barring that capability it's hard to deny the appeal.... huh...

The only issue for me is not having any Maes, but I guess this gives me something to do with her if she ever shows up lol. 

15 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I'll admit it's hard to let go the appeal of +11 from LnD + Hone Fliers stacked onto 37 Speed, but... gotta take what I can realistically work with, too =w=

Yeah, even though I'm the one who said it that DOES sound pretty good though lol. Fliers have an easier time sticking to each other than any other type of unit, and... lemme see here... Assuming we're giving Goad to all the fliers in the given setup and have Corn surrounded by her buds, that's an additional +6 to all stats from Owl... 49 Atk / 49 Spd / 31 Def / 32 Res. Holy shit. I mean... It's certainly not as easy to get as a single Hone user ending the turn next to her and letting her go to town on anyone nearby with a Blade, but... Barring that capability it's hard to deny the appeal.... huh...

The only issue for me is not having any Maes, but I guess this gives me something to do with her if she ever shows up lol. 

Her default tome isn't half bad honestly. 12 might plus +1/+1 Atk/Spd to nearby allies that stacks with Goad Flier, but it just looks so silly. Obviously it makes more sense for my Summer Corrin to be shooting blue doves.

6 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

While we're on that S!Corrin train, there there any inheritable tome that works better than her default? I'd give her Blarblade but I don't have a Hinoka and Goad Fliers on everyone has been working pretty well already. Blarowl?

Blárblade always the bestest tome, yes yes yes! Even without Hinoka since you still Caeda for Fortify Flierses, hmm? Blárowl has 3 less Mt than -Bladeses and forces you to keep you unitses together for a meager +2 boost for each one. Legion doesn't like that! Goad Fliers is goodses, but it works from two spaces so it becomes harder to stack with Owl's effectses.

Why not just use normal buffses and Goad Flier for now, hmm? We thinks that would be better.

I luckily randomly pulled a hinoka back in June, but still have no S!Corrin. Its a shame as I already have Hinoka, Minerva, and Palla ready to go. I have been using Catria in the meantime, but the lack of magic hurts.

16 minutes ago, Legion! said:

Blárblade always the bestest tome, yes yes yes! Even without Hinoka since you still Caeda for Fortify Flierses, hmm? Blárowl has 3 less Mt than -Bladeses and forces you to keep you unitses together for a meager +2 boost for each one. Legion doesn't like that! Goad Fliers is goodses, but it works from two spaces so it becomes harder to stack with Owl's effectses.

Why not just use normal buffses and Goad Flier for now, hmm? We thinks that would be better.

Caeda is available but then I'd have to give a Fortify Fliers to someone which could be a Goad instead (Current team is S!Corrin, Michalis, Palla, Cordelia). Oh well, I'm not in a huge rush to switch her tome out but I wish there were better inheritable tomes around.

Smokestack, did you lose a bet and become part of the Legion?

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

Caeda is available but then I'd have to give a Fortify Fliers to someone which could be a Goad instead (Current team is S!Corrin, Michalis, Palla, Cordelia). Oh well, I'm not in a huge rush to switch her tome out but I wish there were better inheritable tomes around.

Smokestack, did you lose a bet and become part of the Legion?

We don't think Goad is very goodses unless you have them in fourses, more so since you want to run -Blade mageses which makes 2 Hones / 2 Fortses ideal most of the time. Up to youses what you want to end up using though.

Legion is many many many, yes yes yes! But Smokestack could never be one of allses. Uwe hee hee.

Welp I got a +HP/-Spd Marth any ideas on what I should do with him?

Also I just wanna share this interesting discovery I found. Apparently out of all +Defense (regular skilled) units the only unit +4 (and above) B!Cordelia (+Atk/-Res with a +3Atk/+4Spd buff) can't kill, is apparently Raudrraven Sanaki. Which is what I have. >o> The more you know...

Edited by Logos

2 hours ago, Logos said:

Welp I got a +HP/-Spd Marth any ideas on what I should do with him?

Also I just wanna share this interesting discovery I found. Apparently out of all +Defense (regular skilled) units the only unit +4 (and above) B!Cordelia (+Atk/-Res with a +3Atk/+4Spd buff) can't kill, is apparently Raudrraven Sanaki. Which is what I have. >o> The more you know...

BB!Cordelia has trouble dealing with many raven mages. Sometimes, I forget to check SF!Camilla's skill set and my BB!Cordelia ends up dying from SF!Camilla's raven tome on the counterattack.