Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

I pulled a +Res -Def Hector (already have a better one) while hunting for Minerva. Any thoughts on who his Distant Counter should go to? I had considered Michalis and Eldigan but the former is weak to bows and both have low res. Zephiel is another option but he's doing pretty well with Brave Sword + Deathblow. My next consideration is Effie, to stop Red Mages that threaten Hector. Any other ideas?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I pulled a +Res -Def Hector (already have a better one) while hunting for Minerva. Any thoughts on who his Distant Counter should go to? I had considered Michalis and Eldigan but the former is weak to bows and both have low res. Zephiel is another option but he's doing pretty well with Brave Sword + Deathblow. My next consideration is Effie, to stop Red Mages that threaten Hector. Any other ideas?

Any unit with good bulk and offense like Effie could benefit from Distant counter. I personally would give it to my Zephiel as he is really bulky and strong at the same time, so it's important for him to kill ranged mages so that he does not go below 50% very easily, but your Zephiel seems to be all on the offensive, so I guess Effie is your best bet. Also I think any unit who benefits a lot from Vantage who can't DC with his/her weapon would also be good, but they need to very strong on the Atk with just weapon and base stats. Also are you running Armor Emblem?

Edited by Logos

51 minutes ago, Logos said:

Any unit with good bulk and offense like Effie could benefit from Distant counter. I personally would give it to my Zephiel as he is really bulky and strong at the same time, so it's important for him to kill ranged mages so that he does not go below 50% very easily, but your Zephiel seems to be all on the offensive, so I guess Effie is your best bet. Also I think any unit who benefits a lot from Vantage who can't DC with his/her weapon would also be good, but they need to very strong on the Atk with just weapon and base stats. Also are you running Armor Emblem?

Yeah, one of my teams is Armor Emblem. Hector (+Def,-HP), Zephiel (Neutral) Effie (+HP, -Spd) and a healer or dancer. Hector cleans up most ranged threats (except for red mages and green mages that double him) so it would be nice to have another unit to counter at range to cover enemies he can't. I wonder if giving Effie DC and Berkut's Lance+ would be worthwhile. Berkut's lance is just 1 attack point less than Silver lance and it raises her res +4 when attacked. She would (with Zephiel's Ward Armor and Hector's Goad Armor) have 53/58/23/37/31 or 53/54/19/41/35 if Hector runs Ward instead.

Edited by NekoKnight

26 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Yeah, one of my teams is Armor Emblem. Hector (+Def,-HP), Zephiel (Neutral) Effie (+HP, -Spd) and a healer or dancer. Hector cleans up most ranged threats (except for red mages and green mages that double him) so it would be nice to have another unit to counter at range to cover enemies he can't. I wonder if giving Effie DC and Berkut's Lance+ would be worthwhile. Berkut's lance is just 1 attack point less than Silver lance and it raises her res +4 when attacked. She would (with Zephiel's Ward Armor and Hector's Goad Armor) have 53/58/23/37/31 or 43/54/19/41/35 if Hector runs Ward instead.

Impressive. I've always just been a blade tome abuser, so I don't have first hand experience with armor emblem arena runs, but I imagine it involves a lot of swapping and killing on the counter attack? Also giving her Berkut's lance actually sounds trippy, it would be great for boosting defensive scores, as players will definitely not see that coming. With Berkut's lance and Quickened Pulse + Bonfire and if she is buffed, she can survive unbuffed +Atk Reinhardt with DB/LB 3 and kill him, and if not kill than survive because +4 Res is super effective against quad attacks. I know a lot of T20 Armor Emblemers who run DC on Effie, even Brave Lance+ Effie. I imagine DC would actually very good for her, with Berkut's lance it will allow you to counter a lot of mages. Here's a match up of Effie with Berkut's lance on the defensive. Keep in mind though on the offensive she'll have much more favorable Draws than wins.

Spoiler

rW3K3DZ.png

Edited by Logos

Berkut and Clive are so damn similar. I am having trouble deciding how to differentiate the two.

Berkut has higher res but that is useless as I will not sacrifice a Hector to give him DC. What cheap skills should I give him? I will replace his special with Bonfire in preparation for his return GHB. But otherwise, I can't see him being useful without DC.

Clive is at least the better physical tank and comes as a free 5* so he will have uses for Arena Assault.

Any good ideas on what low priority skills I should give Berkut? (Only skills from the 3*'s not including Fury) I am planning QR Swap Bonfire but that is no different from Clive. :/

Edited by Clogon

55 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Berkut and Clive are so damn similar. I am having trouble deciding how to differentiate the two.

Berkut has higher res but that is useless as I will not sacrifice a Hector to give him DC. What cheap skills should I give him? I will replace his special with Bonfire in preparation for his return GHB. But otherwise, I can't see him being useful without DC.

Clive is at least the better physical tank and comes as a free 5* so he will have uses for Arena Assault.

Any good ideas on what low priority skills I should give Berkut? (Only skills from the 3*'s not including Fury) I am planning QR Swap Bonfire but that is no different from Clive. :/

If you don't mind nerfing his offense a bit, Fortress Def.  Turns Berkut into a decent wall.  A flat stat+ can also work, 'cept for Speed.

For a slightly more idiotic build, slap B Tomebreaker on him, and have him facetank blue mages.

2 hours ago, Clogon said:

I've given mine r tomebreaker, bonfire and reposition. I'm not fond of b tomebreaker on him because of how nukey the typical blue mages are ,they will most likely break your breaker so then you don't double and kill on the counter. 

2 hours ago, Clogon said:

There is nothing wrong with giving units the same build. If you want to tackle Arena Assault and Squad Assault, you need to have multiple characters with the same builds.

Depending on how many Donnels you have, normal Brave Lance is pretty disposable. For their Special, you can just give them whatever you have an excess of, which could be Moonbow, Luna, Draconic Aura, Dragon Fang, Bonfire, or Ignis. Reposition is my personal favorite, but Swap is okay too.

As you have already mentioned, Fury is a no brainer. For their B passive, I prefer Breakers, and Lancebreakers should give them the most kills. If you plan to use them in a pony team, they will need cavalry buffs; if not, any buffs will be fine.

8 minutes ago, Namarid said:

I've given mine r tomebreaker, bonfire and reposition. I'm not fond of b tomebreaker on him because of how nukey the typical blue mages are ,they will most likely break your breaker so then you don't double and kill on the counter. 

Point isn't to double on counter, it's NOT to be doubled on attack.  But if survivability is that much of an issue, Water Boost with HP +3 will help a lot, since the only blue mages that can get around it are +HP M!Robin/Reinhardt with HP +3 and +HP Odin. . .and of these, Robin will do a whopping 12 damage at 5* if he can get around Water Boost, no one in their right mind will run Reinhardt with the HP seal, and Odin's damage output is pretty laughable when Defiant Atk isn't active.

Meanwhile, it takes a single 60 Atk hit to break B Tomebreaker 3 using the above setup.  That's +Atk Linde/Delthea with Death Blow range. . .or Reinhardt with Death Blow 3, but it's not like Rein was going to quad in the first place.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

For a slightly more idiotic build, slap B Tomebreaker on him, and have him facetank blue mages.

I am not sacrificing a GHB unit on him. XD

1 hour ago, XRay said:

There is nothing wrong with giving units the same build.

You are right. I just wanted make Berkut feel special.

53 minutes ago, Clogon said:

You are right. I just wanted make Berkut feel special.

Hm... Besides giving him a practical build, you can also give him build that reflects his personality.

His Assist and B passive is free. Since he sounds arrogant and mean, you can give him Harsh Command. He keeps on running away, so Escape Route could reflect that. He is also desperate for power so there is Desperation (although he is unlikely to activate that no matter how desperate he is). He is also a jerk who sacrificed his lover, so Poison Strike shows how toxic he is as a person.

11 hours ago, XRay said:

Hm... Besides giving him a practical build, you can also give him build that reflects his personality.

His Assist and B passive is free. Since he sounds arrogant and mean, you can give him Harsh Command. He keeps on running away, so Escape Route could reflect that. He is also desperate for power so there is Desperation (although he is unlikely to activate that no matter how desperate he is). He is also a jerk who sacrificed his lover, so Poison Strike shows how toxic he is as a person.

The idea of making him run in to tank a mage then run away with Escape Route after he realises he cannot counter mages is pretty funny. XD I don't know why they didn't just swapped his Def and Res. 42 Res with Water boost and his Spear would have been great and he is much slower than Peri so he wouldn't conflict with anyone.

6 hours ago, Clogon said:

The idea of making him run in to tank a mage then run away with Escape Route after he realises he cannot counter mages is pretty funny. XD I don't know why they didn't just swapped his Def and Res. 42 Res with Water boost and his Spear would have been great and he is much slower than Peri so he wouldn't conflict with anyone.

Escape Route would go well with Fury actually (and Fury fits his angry character haha)

maybe a Threaten skill since he threatens peasants so Threaten Atk/Def

Add Vengeance/Reprisal because of his anger and synergies with Escape Route (or Bonfire/Ignis for alternate story stuff that's related to Blazing Flame)

there you go! Now he just needs a new quote saying LIES, LIES, LIES!!

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Escape Route would go well with Fury actually (and Fury fits his angry character haha)

maybe a Threaten skill since he threatens peasants so Threaten Atk/Def

Add Vengeance/Reprisal because of his anger and synergies with Escape Route (or Bonfire/Ignis for alternate story stuff that's related to Blazing Flame)

there you go! Now he just needs a new quote saying LIES, LIES, LIES!!

Interesting idea! Maybe once I have the resources I will build this. XD

I am lvling up a legion atm but can't seem to think of an interesting build. I already have Camilla and Cherche as Brave Axe users. Legion's Axe sucks due to the effects happening after battle. I am thinking of giving him Killer Axe + Luna/Draconic Aura/Vengence but Killer Axe's ATK is so low.

7 minutes ago, Clogon said:

I am lvling up a legion atm but can't seem to think of an interesting build. I already have Camilla and Cherche as Brave Axe users. Legion's Axe sucks due to the effects happening after battle. I am thinking of giving him Killer Axe + Luna/Draconic Aura/Vengence but Killer Axe's ATK is so low.

I would give him the standard Brave Axe build first so he can easily farm SP for customization later.

Killer is good since he is an assassin. He can Swap identities with his brothers, so Swap as an Assist is fitting. He is kind of a savage, so Savage Blow is good.

I hate having to ask this, but how does one make the best out of a -Spd/+Res Ike? Sighhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by Logos

51 minutes ago, Logos said:

I hate having to ask this, but how does one make the best out of a -Spd/+Res Ike? Sighhhhhhhhhhhh

If nothing else, you can give him Triangle Adept and Quick Riposte to kill Ninos and Cecilias.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

If nothing else, you can give him Triangle Adept and Quick Riposte to kill Ninos and Cecilias.

Do his IVs make him that useless?

44 minutes ago, Logos said:

Do his IVs make him that useless?

No, he is probably more useful than that, but I am not sure how much you want to invest in a unit with a bad nature. If you are using him for Arena Assault, you do not need units with perfect nature since you can see the enemy team before hand. I would not use that Ike in normal Arena unless you do not have a better red unit available.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

No, he is probably more useful than that, but I am not sure how much you want to invest in a unit with a bad nature. If you are using him for Arena Assault, you do not need units with perfect nature since you can see the enemy team before hand. I would not use that Ike in normal Arena unless you do not have a better red unit available.

Right now I'm stuck with a +HP/-Def Gray, and an even worse IVed version to merge to him if need be. So yeah I think Ike might be my best bet. I just wish they would guarantee a rigged offensive boosting IVs for first time 5* star pulls. Just really feels like I've been punched underneath the chin, and in the guts after finally getting Ike.

21 minutes ago, Logos said:

Right now I'm stuck with a +HP/-Def Gray, and an even worse IVed version to merge to him if need be. So yeah I think Ike might be my best bet. I just wish they would guarantee a rigged offensive boosting IVs for first time 5* star pulls. Just really feels like I've been punched underneath the chin, and in the guts after finally getting Ike.

Do you have any red mages? Katarina, Tharja, and Celica are the best red infantry units in my opinion. Even if they have a bad nature, as long as it is not -Spd, it can be fixed with buffs and Rauðrblade.

Depending on the rest of your team, I would either give Ike the Triangle Adept build so he can focus solely on green units, or give him Fury for better overall coverage.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Do you have any red mages? Katarina, Tharja, and Celica are the best red units in my opinion. Even if they have a bad nature, as long as it is not -Spd, it can be fixed with buffs and Rauðrblade.

Depending on the rest of your team, I would either give Ike the Triangle Adept build so he can focus solely on green units, or give him Fury for better overall coverage.

Just a +HP/-Res Tharja, but at 4*. Other than that I got a Raigh, and a Henry to kill so I can give his G. Tomebreaker to my +Spd/-Def Sonya +1.

5 minutes ago, Logos said:

Just a +HP/-Res Tharja, but at 4*. Other than that I got a Raigh, and a Henry to kill so I can give his G. Tomebreaker to my +Spd/-Def Sonya +1.

You can use Ike for now and give him just Quick Riposte 2, Moonbow, and maybe even Triangle Adept 2 to earn some quick Feathers this week. In the mean time, you can start building Tharja and give her the following skill set:

Rauðrblade, Moonbow
Life and Death, Breaker/Desperation, Savage Blow/Hone/Spur

Life and Death 2 works almost as well, but if you need the points, Fury 3 can also work but it is a bit less ideal.

Edited by XRay

Looking for suggestions for +Atk/-HP Hinoka?

I'm guessing Luna would a good special?

I'm a bit torn between Lancebreaker, Drag Back or Hit and Run for her B skill though. I do have lots of axe fliers (including a Cherche with Drag Back) so not sure if Lancebreaker is needed but I guess extra coverage is good (only LB2 though since I have a spare Arthur). Drag Back/Hit and Run seem nice to but I can't decided which one is better,

I don't have Death Blow, but I guess I have a Hana for Life and Death, would that be good, too?