Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

Personally, I might consider being anti-fun and giving Fury to all my characters for the increased total stats, meaning more points in the Arena. It will make things harder probably though, since I'll probably go up against many merged units +10 units that won't have the liability of the 6 damage per action from Fury and actually having an A skill... Still, I'd welcome the challenge after consistently clearing Arena runs with no deaths.

As for funny shenanigans, I want to try out Draw Back + Lunge. Here's to hoping Draw Back activates first and Lunge will actually activate afterwards =P.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Birdy said:

As for funny shenanigans, I want to try out Draw Back + Lunge. Here's to hoping Draw Back activates first and Lunge will actually activate afterwards =P.

Draw Back and Lunge are of the same type, I doubt they will make them equippable at the same time.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Will a brave lance on Effie be overkill?

Major. Maybe she will ORKO Hector with it)

44 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

Draw Back and Lunge are of the same type, I doubt they will make them equippable at the same time.

Major. Maybe she will ORKO Hector with it)

Oh right, thanks for remembering me! :)

Has it been said whether skills like hone cavalry can be placed on non-cavalry units?  The support unit on a cavalry team doesn't really need to be cavalry in that case...a dancer would be more effective.

For the longest time, I have considered using the following inheritance set-ups for my Ephraim and Eirika.

Ephraim

Type A Passive: Attack Plus, or Death Blow

Type B Passive: Vantage, or Quick Riposte

Assist: Rally Speed, Pivot, or Draw Back

Justification: My Ephraim has a +DEF/-RES nature, and having even greater attack power would put him on the same level as an +ATK Ephraim, enabling him to KO more units in one turn, especially with Moonbow. His de-buffing skills are useful, but having two of them and not stacking is just superfluous. Between the two of them he has, while Seal Def will allow him to impose a maximum of -7, Threaten Def may be more useful overall due to baiting and can affect multiple foes at once. I can definitely see Ephraim making better use of more offensive passives like Vantage. If it is possible for Ephraim to inherit assist skills like Rally Speed, he would be of even more help to his allies by providing two different stat bonuses. 

Eirika

Type A Passive: Speed Plus, Darting Blow, or Triangle Adept

Special: Luna, Glimmer, or Moonbow

Justification: Eirika may be respectably fast already, but it is possible for even faster units to double her, hence why a passive like Speed Plus could be helpful. I rarely ever use her offensively, but when I do it's normally to pick off green units and certain red units; equipping her with Triangle Adept would make dispatching of green units even easier. Since Eirika lacks a special skill I figure one with rather low cooldown, such as Luna, would work best, considering her speed. Unfortunately, I don't currently have any units with this skill to sacrifice, and to fish for units that have them, like Lucina or Catria, is going to be a major hassle, especially for a F2P like me. 

Advice or suggestions concerning this set-up would be most appreciated. ^-^ 

What do you guys think of the Skill inheritance Ideas?

The idea is to boost nino while having high firepower

Sanaki

Since Sanaki already has +4 Atk from her weapon, i am thinking of changing her Hone atk 3 to Hone spd 3 (To boost Nino Speed and  Atk from weapon)

Azura

Spd +3 to Defiant Res 3 (To help Effie Clear/Tank the magic user)

Effie

Death Blow 3 to Distant Counter

or

Change her weapon to Brave Lance

Nino

Res +3  to Life And Death+3 (Turning her into pure glass canon)

Edited by Ewwgene

I just had a revelation! If these weapons are inheritable...give Ceclia/Ursula Rauðr/Blar/Gronblade and add Gunter and Jagen (or give Hone Cav and Fortify Cav to someone else) and start wrecking things. Hone cav itself would give +18 dmg. Fortify Cav would give +12 dmg. Together adds a whopping +30. You can now win even with color disadvantage.....But we'll see in a couple hours if my mad genius works or not. 

36 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I just had a revelation! If these weapons are inheritable...give Ceclia/Ursula Rauðr/Blar/Gronblade and add Gunter and Jagen (or give Hone Cav and Fortify Cav to someone else) and start wrecking things. Hone cav itself would give +18 dmg. Fortify Cav would give +12 dmg. Together adds a whopping +30. You can now win even with color disadvantage.....But we'll see in a couple hours if my mad genius works or not. 

A bit late to the party there

With Defiant Atk, you can increase that to +32 Atk when under half HP.

The only hitch is if they don't let you transfer the Blade tomes to cavalry. And if they do, then they done goofed big time.

Edited by Ice Dragon

On 3/11/2017 at 6:09 PM, Sire said:

I still plan on running Ryoma with Vantage offensively, even with Desperation as an alternative option. I just feel Vantage suits my style of defensive play more.

I agree with Vantage for Ryoma--Ryoma does a lot of EP work for me in contrast to my other heroes, since Takumi and Green Mages tend to out-range him on player phase and I can't always bait them to come closer (see: dreaded lava map), but Vantage Ryoma is a pretty solid answer to Vantage Takumi, esp given our Ryomas are both +spd.

I got a Lon'qu saved for him, anyway.

Not sure what I want on the others yet, though. I kinda want to get my Takumi a fortify of some sort just so I can boost Nino, though.

I thought for those worried about Takumi with Vantage (or Ryoma with Vantage in the first example) and how to tackle them:

Male!Robin with Triangle Advantage, and Cecilia with Triangle Advantage.

I suggested this over on GameFAQs and somebody did the math there: A Male!Robin with +Attack or a single attack buff will 1SK any Takumi except maybe a +Res Takumi (don't know if they did the math on that one or not). Any Cecilia that isn't -Attack will 1SK any Takumi except maybe a +Res Takumi (and if she can't normally 1SK a +Res Takumi, a +Attack or attack boosted Cecilia would).

This is because Triangle Advantage does in fact work with their tome's anti-grey property. While most people are afraid to use TA because of how much it sinks you against the colour you're weak against... Robin and Cecilia are already horrible against their weak colour due to meh attack and speed. Robin is barely doing scratch damage and can't tank against it at all. Cecilia is basically getting 1SK'd by any type of Red out there. A common thing on GameFAQs at least is to plan to give almost everyone Fury due to the +3 to all stats + most battles being about 1SKs/1RKs anyways so the drawback doesn't matter much, but in both Male!Robin and Cecilia's case it doesn't help them much. Not only are their base stats too low for Fury to be much of a game changer, in Cecilia's case her default A slot skill is Attack +3, meaning she doesn't get a power boost.

Also of note, Male!Robin would be able to tank against Reds and Greys like a boss due to his reasonably high defence. Takumi is dealing 0 damage. Cecilia not as much but she'd be able to survive probably 2 hits from Blues and Greys instead of just 1. 

Oh wow, so a unit needs to be able to learn (i.e., can learn it from the learn tab) the skill in order to pass it on for inheritance. R.I.P. feathers (for 5* only skills).

Edit: On a side note, at least a unit can pass on skills to units of a different color/weapon so long as it's passable, so I won't need a Lyn to get Selena Galeforce after all.

Edited by DehNutCase

Some random findings...

1. Kagero can pass on Poison Dagger to other users.
2. When learning skills, it does not take the entire skill tree into account. So, instead of just learning "Hone Attack" you have to learn "Hone Attack 1, Hone Attack 2, and Hone Attack 3." There goes your three skill transfer slots!
3. As DehNutCase has mentioned, the "sacrifice" must be able to learn the skill in order to pass it on. So, you cannot pass a 5* skill without a 5* unit. (Example: Frederick can only pass his Hammer + and Wings of Mercy 3 if he is a 5 star unit. Alternatively, if you want Frederick for Luna, then he must be 4* rank and must choose New Moon before also getting Luna.)
4. Skills can be transferred across colors (I was trying to give Sharena Frederick's Luna.)
5. Weapon-Type limitations are in place. You cannot give an Axe user the Swordbreaker skill. (Tested with Camilla trying to learn Abel's Swordbreaker.)
6. Unique Weapons (like Falchion) can't be transferred to other characters.
7.Svalinn Shield may be restricted to Armor Types (tried to give it to Nowi from Sheena.) Exact wording says "movement type limitations."
8. Cavalry Units can learn (blade) skills. (Went Nino to Cecilia). Buff Teams are go!
9. Hone Cavalry is restricted to Cavalry units. (Tried giving Gunter's skill to Felicia, an infantry)
10. Dragon Breath weapons transfer. (Tried looking at F!Corrin's Dark Breath to Adult!Tiki)

...and that's all I am going to do for now.

Request:
Is Merric's Excaliber Tome transferable?
- Is Linde's Aura Tome transferable?
== I don't think they are, but would like to know as I do not own these units.

Welp, Skill Inheritance will definitely be slower than I originally anticipated. No matter, I can get a Swordbreaker Ephraim! Now, I just need to think if I really want to sacrifice Abel or wait if I can get a "throwaway Sully" to transfer...

I'm thinking of passing my +Atk/-Spd M!Robin a spare Adult Tiki's Defiant Attack and a spare Abel's Swordbreaker 3. The dude's gonna eat Swords and gain charges for Bonfire. Defiant Speed only helps to stop being doubled but it would have been more useful if he wasn't -Spd so I think Defiant Attack is better.

Question is: do I sack my Level 40 +HP/-Res Abel or my spare one that's +Atk/-Def? I've honestly never felt he needed more Attack but I haven't been using Abel in Arena for a while.

18 minutes ago, Sire said:

Welp, Skill Inheritance will definitely be slower than I originally anticipated. No matter, I can get a Swordbreaker Ephraim! Now, I just need to think if I really want to sacrifice Abel or wait if I can get a "throwaway Sully" to transfer...

A consideration to make is that 4* Abel can pass Swordbreaker 3 but 4* Sully can only pass Swordbreaker 2. It's a weird case where the same series don't have the same rarity requirement between characters.

Edited by Dual Dragons

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Can't pass Merrick's Excalibur to female Robin

Can pass Svalinn Shield to Gwendolyn but not say Frederick

So Svalinn Shield could theoretically pass to Hector or Effie? *shudder*

16 minutes ago, Sire said:

(long list of good stuff)

Thanks!  Looks like I need the following fodder:

- Virion x2
- Azama
- Fir
- Shanna x2
- Donnel
- Arthur
- Saizo x2
- Wrys

. . .and that's just for a few things off the top of my head!

Are you fucking kidding me nintendo? :-D oh my gosh, how can you allow distance counter, close counter to eligible to all other units eg lucina other ss tier units without it.

You fucked up another big time, holy shit

IMG_6852.PNG

Been trying to plan, and...

Lucina: Swap, Desperation
Julia: Wings of Mercy maybe? Shove or Harsh Command?
Sharena: Estucheon, Escape Route?
Reinhardt: Draw Back, Threaten Atk, Fury?

Any suggestions and comments?

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

37 minutes ago, Sire said:

Some random findings...

1. Kagero can pass on Poison Dagger to other users.
2. When learning skills, it does not take the entire skill tree into account. So, instead of just learning "Hone Attack" you have to learn "Hone Attack 1, Hone Attack 2, and Hone Attack 3." There goes your three skill transfer slots!
3. As DehNutCase has mentioned, the "sacrifice" must be able to learn the skill in order to pass it on. So, you cannot pass a 5* skill without a 5* unit. (Example: Frederick can only pass his Hammer + and Wings of Mercy 3 if he is a 5 star unit. Alternatively, if you want Frederick for Luna, then he must be 4* rank and must choose New Moon before also getting Luna.)
4. Skills can be transferred across colors (I was trying to give Sharena Frederick's Luna.)
5. Weapon-Type limitations are in place. You cannot give an Axe user the Swordbreaker skill. (Tested with Camilla trying to learn Abel's Swordbreaker.)
6. Unique Weapons (like Falchion) can't be transferred to other characters.
7.Svalinn Shield may be restricted to Armor Types (tried to give it to Nowi from Sheena.) Exact wording says "movement type limitations."
8. Cavalry Units can learn (blade) skills. (Went Nino to Cecilia). Buff Teams are go!
9. Hone Cavalry is restricted to Cavalry units. (Tried giving Gunter's skill to Felicia, an infantry)
10. Dragon Breath weapons transfer. (Tried looking at F!Corrin's Dark Breath to Adult!Tiki)

...and that's all I am going to do for now.

Request:
Is Merric's Excaliber Tome transferable?
- Is Linde's Aura Tome transferable?
== I don't think they are, but would like to know as I do not own these units.

Aura isn't transferable. I'm going to guess that only weapons with a + version (i.e. Armor Slayer+) are going to be transferable. (For example, Wo Dao is transferable when I checked.)