Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this is broken.

Lilina with moonbow is really fun, since it actually charges up. Gave her reciprocal aid as well as wings of mercy 1 as a placeholder until I find something better.

Ephraim got swordbreaker, but only up to 2 since swordbreaker 3 is a 5* skill on sully. Also gave him draw back. Finally settled on spd+3 for his A slot, to capitalise on his +spd IV

Lyn got brash assault as planned, currently waiting for someone with ardent sacrifice to give to her.

Ninian got dragon fang and hone Attack 3, but I don't have enough SP to unlock the skills.

Roy got dragon fang and threaten speed 3, as planned.

Elise got swift wind balm and hone Attack 2

That's about all I can do for now until I pull more skill fodder.

Edited by Korath88

Agh, I'm wondering whether it's worth it to upgrade my 3-star fodder Niles to 4-star so Florina can inherit his 4-star proc skill, or if I should just pass down the 3-star proc skill instead.

15 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Lilina with moonbow is really fun, since it actually charges up. Gave her reciprocal aid as well and escape route.

Will giving her Iceberg via 4⋆ing Niles be worth it? With her Res it's +15 Atk every three actions.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Will giving her Iceberg via 4⋆ing Niles be worth it? With her Res it's +15 Atk every three actions.

Iceberg is definitely another good option. The only reason I didn't consider it is because my Lilina is -res 

Apparently you can give her other weapons like dark tomes and tharja's blade tome etc.

Edited by Korath88

9 minutes ago, AkiraAsukai said:

What do you think of adding Fury to Nino?

Doesn't sound that great tbh, especially with the upcoming changes to how arena scoring will work. She would probably benefit more from something like Death Blow or Special skill, probably ranged defensive considering how high her offense can already reach with help of allies.

Edited by ExpendableExtra

Darting Blow + Speed Seal + Dancer essentially increases your unit's speed during PP by 13

Any idea how to abuse this lol?

Also just in case your not aware, you can inherit Adult Tiki weapon on Female Corrin. This is notable because this inheritance patch only uses up 2/3 of the inheritance slot although thats really the only good skill on Tiki i guess

I think a list of desirable skill would be cool. I'll try to work it on

Edited by JSND

Just now, Korath88 said:

Iceberg is definitely another good option. The only reason I didn't consider it is because my Lilina is -res 

Mine is +Atk, −HP. The only problem to solve is where to tick that counter for when it's needed, haha.

3 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Ninian can actually get Nowi's Lightning Breath, that's huge! Her main attack is Light Breath, which is the same as Fae's. Can anyone test if shf can also get Tiki's weapon attack?

Nowi technically can get Tiki's (even though they are the same) (I mean it's not blocked by weapon type or such), so I'm pretty sure Ninian can too.

You can give blade tomes to mounted mages. Why did they allow this?

Horse teams are going to be broken as hell. Stack hone cavalry and fortify cavalry and proceed to OHKO every unit on the map 

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Agh, I'm wondering whether it's worth it to upgrade my 3-star fodder Niles to 4-star so Florina can inherit his 4-star proc skill, or if I should just pass down the 3-star proc skill instead.

Niles' 4* proc is amazing.  He's worth the feathers, just for that.

9 minutes ago, AkiraAsukai said:

What do you think of adding Fury to Nino?

Eh.  She's pretty frail, so keep her out of danger, and I guess it'll work.

1 minute ago, Suichimo said:

Interesting thought, what other skills would synergize well with a Savage Blow/Poison Strike combo?

That leaves an A skill open, IIRC.  HP Plus (that skill Raigh has) for durability, your favorite -blow otherwise (Warding Blow comes to mind).

44 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Been trying to plan, and...

Lucina: Swap, Desperation
Julia: Wings of Mercy maybe? Shove or Harsh Command?
Sharena: Estucheon, Escape Route?
Reinhardt: Draw Back, Threaten Atk, Fury?

Any suggestions and comments?

Lucina: Looks good.  I'm a terrible person that plans on giving her Reciprocal Aid/Vantage.
Julia: She can act as a team healer with Reciprocal Aid/Renewal.
Sharena: REALLY depends on what you're using her for.
Reinhardt: Ardent Sacrifice and Defiant Atk, if you want to be REALLY stupid about it.  Swap/Fury otherwise.

So, guys, do you think it's worth passing down Niles 3-star proc skill (chilling wind) to Florina and Sanaki as-is, or should I promote him so I can pass down iceberg?

EDIT: Ninja'd by eclipse. All righty, I'll keep that in mind.

Edited by Sunwoo

I haven't done any inheritance yet, but my thoughts for the units I really care about are..

Lyn: Giving her either Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice to get her HP down quicker to fully utilize her Sol Katti and also give her Vantage.

Kagero: Draw Back for a bit of placement, replacing Reprisal with Moonbow (my Kagero is -HP so she can't take much damage in general), maybe Poison Strike, and Savage Blow for extra damage.  I was thinking about a Threaten skill also, but that might not be as useful.

Linde: Growing Wind skill for AOE damage and Desperation, which gives me an actual reason to use Reciprocal Aid with her, and maybe Wings of Mercy or Escape Route so she can travel quick to heal and/or assassinate threats.

Ninian: Lightning Breath+ to counter distant threats and since Light Breath won't be too useful once Ninian's HP goes down, maybe Miracle so she doesn't go down too quick or Pavise, and Triangle Adept could be useful to mitigate some damage from Falchion users.

Lucina: Either Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice and Vantage..because I'm a horrible person.

And can we hope that to promote characters to 5* cost a little less considering some skills can't be taught unless the unit is 5*?

Wary Fighter is armoured-only. Sorry, Reinhardt (whom I don't have).

Meanwhile, Close Counter and Distant Counter aren't restricted. Just why.

Edited by Vaximillian

Been thinking it over more:

+Atk/-Spd M!Robin
Ignis, Rally Speed, Defiant Attack, Swordbreaker

Due to low Speed, he has a problem maxing out his damage. He hits like a truck--but only once. So he's gonna need some help fixing this with things like Breaker skills. Swordbreaker would be consistent as long as he doesn't drop that low. The Rally Speed is when he can't reach combat.

+Spd/-HP Camilla
Rally Defense, Deathblow, Poison Strike, Threaten Attack

She's harder for me to think of. Deathblow vs. Darting Blow is hard to say since her targets either can't counter or will likely die anyways. Poison Strike is more there because I can't think of a B skill she wants. Threaten Attack because Savage Blow hasn't proven that useful for me, and she can fly to areas they might not be able to get her but she has AoE with Threaten.

Edit: I wasn't ready to post but the browser forced the post. I'll leave this here for now. Me rambling about what would be good for them.

Edited by Dual Dragons

I think Breakers are gonna be the key to busting the Vantage + Distant/Close Counter meta. Gotta think about what Breakers to give who. If I give my Julia Bowbreaker, she becomes a foolproof Takumi slayer regardless of Vantage etc., even if one-time only.

So going off of my previous thought, is Effie only good because of Wary Fighter? I'm thinking something like Effie/Sheena/Hector w/ Killer/Brave+, Sol, Svalinn/Distant Counter, Poison Strike 3, Savage Blow 3. Just a complete attrition unit.

Although, a fast Galeforce unit with a brave weapon would also be good for the Savage Blow/Poison Strike combo.

9 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

If I want to give Lyn Vantage 3, does the unit I give it to her from have to have the 3rd one? Or does giving her the first level one give her all 3 levels?

You must teach her all three ranks.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

You must teach her all three ranks.

Oh snap, really? How much is that going to cost her in SP?

So I have to have 3 different units with Vantage? One with 1, one with 2 and one with 3? And kill them off for her to get Vantage 3? Thats crazy.

11 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

If I want to give Lyn Vantage 3, does the unit I give it to her from have to have the 3rd one? Or does giving her the first level one give her all 3 levels?

The sacrificial unit doesn't need to have it learned, but he needs to have the option to do do at his or her star level. Basically, if Vantage 1 is learned at 3*, Vantage 2 at 4* and Vantage 3 at 5*, if your sacrificial unit is 4* for example, he /her can only give Vantage 1 and 2.

Edited by Birdy