Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty disappointed with inheritance. The fact that anyone can inherit the counter skills and that your sacrificed character needs to be able to learn the skill you wish to pass makes it so that only people with 5* to spare (so whales) can transfer the best abilities. The arena will be an absolute mess going forward and it really kills my interest in playing the game. 

It doesn't help that I liked collecting various characters and that this update completely stomp on the idea of collecting various characters for keeping and instead encourages you to sacrifice all the units you don't need/like to buff up the one you like. 

Unless they remove the star limitation on passing down skills, I don't see myself using the feature, or heck, even playing the game much in the future. 

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Sadly, healers can't learn offensive skills like iceberg. Savage blow is fair game though 

:/
That's sad. Like. Real sad.
#makehealerscoolagain

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

Ok, I'm just going to take a break for a while and let this all get sorted out.

There are just too many calculations going on right now.

Me too. I'm lost on which skills are going to be game changers. And golden sets like Lon'qu, Shannas and the like need to be sacrificed used carefully. I guess I'll stop before I try to give my whole main team vantage.

10 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

You need to un-favourite your Odin

Thanks!  Finally a use for terrible Odin.

Do characters need to actually know the skill or just have it available to pass on?  For instance, will a fresh level 1 5* unit have all theirs skill available to get inherited?

Wait a fukken minute, if I want my Nino to inherit (for example) Robin-F's Gronnwolf+, I must first get my Robin-F to 5* so it can be unlocked and transferred?

4 minutes ago, Eselred said:

Thanks!  Finally a use for terrible Odin.

Do characters need to actually know the skill or just have it available to pass on?  For instance, will a fresh level 1 5* unit have all theirs skill available to get inherited?

They only need to be able to learn the skill. A level 1 5* unit with no skills unlocked can still pass on any of its skills 

11 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

:/
That's sad. Like. Real sad.
#makehealerscoolagain

You can still give them poison strike!

1 minute ago, Raven said:

Wait a fukken minute, if I want my Nino to inherit (for example) Robin-F's Gronnwolf+, I must first get my Robin-F to 5* so it can be unlocked and transferred?

Yes

Just now, Arcanite said:

Yes

Fuck me sideways. Being f2p just got a bit more painful. I assume the same goes for skills and commands that are gated by a higher rarity.

Just now, Raven said:

Fuck me sideways. Being f2p just got a bit more painful. I assume the same goes for skills and commands that are gated by a higher rarity.

Yes skills and commands too. I am free to play also and it'll be a pain at first.

I did make a re roll account with 4 Lon'qus so, maybe you can do the same!

I was looking forward to giving Reconcile and Renewal to Tiki, but it seems like the healing abilities can't be passed to another character.

I guess my dream of having a healing tank has been shattered.

I think, inheriting skills is as meh as I anticipated it to be. Atypical (for FE games) encouragement of sacrificing units, which kinda hurts when you are not a whale, the sheer amount of feathers needed to tickle out the best skills out of everyone (dishing out 20k feathers for that one extra level in some skills, ouch), the amount of orbs  needed to even get any of the units with the skills needed and the truly questionable decisions on what is allowed to be passed on and what isn't (next to the obvious counter skills and Vantage for Defense teams, etc. we have the ludicrous fortify/hone skills + Blade tomes). I appreciate the diversity this is supposed to bring, but I immediately don't see it being beneficial for me and more of a source for frustration. I guess I'll have to wait and see, before I mindlessly sacrifice my units.

2 minutes ago, Raven said:

Yes

Hinata. 5* (-spd/+def)

HP: 47
Atk:  40
Spd: 19
Def: 39
Res: 18

Weapon: Brave Sword+ (Gives the +8 atk and -5spd)

Assist: Swap
Special: Bonfire/Ignis

Passive A: Armoured Blow 3
Passive B: Renewal 3
Passive C: Savage Blow 3

7 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Hinata. 5* (-spd/+def)

This is disgusting 

If a 4* character inherited a 4* weapon (e.g. Brave Sword), would they unlock the 5* version (e.g. Brave Sword+) if they were to be upgraded to 5*? I'm just being hopeful here.

I gave Est Caeda's Fortify Fliers since Caeda's offense is just not there. It'll take a while to get up there but when it does, oh boy

I also gave Palla Life and Death since she was never tanky anyway so it improves her offense considerably

Just now, Raven said:

If a 4* character inherited a 4* weapon (e.g. Brave Sword), would they unlock the 5* version (e.g. Brave Sword+) if they were to be upgraded to 5*? I'm just being hopeful here.

What do you think. Nope. A character will likely lose all inherrited skills when promoting to a higher rarity. Aka only inherrit skills to someone who is already 5*.

8 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Hinata. 5* (-spd/+def)

One of my favourite things about inheritance is that units that were considered trash are now perfectly usable due to skill transfer. The existing tier lists are now completely worthless 

4 minutes ago, Raven said:

No, they need to inherit each skill from a unit. So if you want them to have brave sword, the unit would need to be passed both brave sword and brave sword plus from another unit.

15 minutes ago, Raven said:

Sorry dude . . . . 

Time to re-roll!

Just now, Arcanite said:

Sorry dude . . . . 

Time to re-roll!

Nah. I have no reason to re-roll. My account's been played every day since game launch, I'm overall happy with it, and I'd be throwing away my effort for nothing. Or, was you talking about yourself re-rolling?

Do you guys think i did a stupid move by Giving Nino (+spd, -def)

Special: Dragon Fang

A:Darting Blow 3 ( I am not sure if i have done the right thing as Nino's spd is quite high already)

B: Vantage

C: Savage Blow ( Will enemy die by this? Or They will always have 1hp left after the deduction?)

1 minute ago, AkiraAsukai said:

A:Darting Blow 3 ( I am not sure if i have done the right thing as Nino's spd is quite high already)

C: Savage Blow ( Will enemy die by this? Or They will always have 1hp left after the deduction?)

Skills that damage enemies never bring enemies below 1hp. As far as I'm aware, at least.

54 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I'm pretty disappointed with inheritance. The fact that anyone can inherit the counter skills and that your sacrificed character needs to be able to learn the skill you wish to pass makes it so that only people with 5* to spare (so whales) can transfer the best abilities. The arena will be an absolute mess going forward and it really kills my interest in playing the game. 

It doesn't help that I liked collecting various characters and that this update completely stomp on the idea of collecting various characters for keeping and instead encourages you to sacrifice all the units you don't need/like to buff up the one you like. 

Unless they remove the star limitation on passing down skills, I don't see myself using the feature, or heck, even playing the game much in the future. 

On the other hand, once the April update hits, the new matchmaking algorithm should make it such that players who don't use skill inheritance will have a lower chance of being matched against players that do.

36 minutes ago, Ariete said:

I was looking forward to giving Reconcile and Renewal to Tiki, but it seems like the healing abilities can't be passed to another character.

I guess my dream of having a healing tank has been shattered.

Reconcile is a staff. It can only be transferred to other staff-users.

Renewal can be transferred freely.

Just now, AkiraAsukai said:

Dragon Fang's cooldown of 4 becomes 5 with Gronnblade equipped.

You probably didn't need Darting Blow.

I'm still not convinced Vantage is a particularly good skill period except on characters designed to kill in a single hit on counterattack.

Savage Blow cannot kill an opponent, only leave them with 1 HP.

3 minutes ago, AkiraAsukai said:

Vantage on Nino is wasted if you ask me.

Currently thinking on how to make Seliph work.

NINJA'D hard.

Edited by pianime94