TSCPlays Sims 4 100Gen Challenge

Hello all :D: I am doing a unique game play thread that involves a 100 Generation of Sims Challenge.  This is one that I have been working on for a while now and I think I have enough to actually make a half decent challenge out of it.  It's a challenge that you can all follow along with as well if you have the base game so even more fun :D:

The rules will be as follows:

1. Can use non base game stuff if you have it.

2. Cheats are optional but not suggested

3. Sims must be dirt poor and have to build up their house

4. All aspirations must be for filled before the sim ages up.

5.Kids and Teens must not age up until they reach A grades (toddlers can only age up when they get all their stats maxed out)

6. Random sims can be married or alternatively you can make a sim to partner up with your current generation (both are acceptable for this challenge)

7. Only biological children can be chosen as the next gen parents so no adoptions (That will be a separate challenge)

8. You must pick 1 trait that will be passed down to every generation from your first sim (i.e what the family will be famous for)

9. At least 1 sim must remain at home if you chose to have someone work.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

Now with that out of the way let's begin!

(Note if you would like to start with the same family that I'm making be sure to look out for "#TSC100Gen" as I will share the family on the Sims 4 Community Gallery)

So I made two sims to start with, Zachariah and Emilia Mandua.  They are built using the base game stuff only but if you want to have them in non base game stuff that is fairly easy to do.  They start with 22,000 Simoleons and I've moved them into Twin Oracle Point in Newcrest.  They are allowed to only start with a tent (Or a 4x4 bedroom with the cheapest double bed), A kitchen (3x3) with the cheapest benches, oven and fridge and 1 skill related object to make Simoleons (in my case I chose an easel).  Use whatever is left for a nursery and bathroom.  Remember though that it must be cheap, your sims are dirt poor and won't have the Simoleons to get the top of the range stuff!  I tend to like having at least 6,500 Simoleons when I'm done (This is what I will use for the lounge room and study).

Given that I chose the easel I am now making Emilia (who has a painter aspiration) get right onto work growing her painting skill level.  Everything going to plan there will be a few Simoleons in this little venture. I'll have Zach find a job to help bring in some extra funds.  That will help later on when there are bills to pay.

Having posted the first parts of my little challenge now I'm onto the next important bit, making the second gen.  Fairly easy to do.  I've got Zach working as a kitchen hand (to get sweet kitchen bonuses for the next gen) and I'll eventually get Emilia into the painting career, once of course I have an adult sim to spare to watch over the growing house.  For now though I'm focusing on getting a new sim into the household.

Emilia failed the first time but it looks like second time's the charm.  I've noticed that appetite goes up when a sim is pregnant so that is what I'm looking for.  I might be able to splurge a bit as soon as the pair have made a few more simoleons as well.  For now though it's time to get them a place to sit down and eat :XD: and then I'll need to work on a kid's room :D: so this will be a busy time for me game play wise.

I figured that it was high time I checked in with my progress and here is what I have been up to.  I have two toddlers (Amelia and her brother Jake) and one is almost at the point where I can age her up with all but her speech being at full marks.  So I will have a child on my hands soon!  It is exciting and I'll have to remember to get her fully up to speed before she becomes a teen.  Oh what fun is ahead!  I am thinking that Amelia will need to build up her skills to make some money for the household.  The sooner she starts the better as far as I am concerned.

On 3/23/2017 at 1:11 AM, phuclun3 said:

uuuuh so no screenshots or anything?

I've been trying to work out the best way to do it actually :(:

(Dual screens are both a blessing and a curse at times)

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a while since I last played (blame Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild for that).  And I have made a bit of progress.  Emilia now has the writer's aspiration and is an "adult" while Zach is beginning to close in on his own goal (and he'll end up making no spoil food which I'm looking forward to) and Jake and Amelia have made friends with the monsters under their beds.  All in all very busy.  I will check in again once I have more progress.

• 1 month later...

Update time...

So there was a plant sim challenge that was on when I finally decided that I would start playing Sims 4 again.  And boy has it put a spanner in the works.  I tried to age up Amelia (who was finally an A grade student) and for some reason she couldn't age up (note I like to age my sims up manually for obvious reasons) I have assumed that this because of the current updates but rest assured Amelia is now a teenager and will be pushing to achieve her goal.

Update time...

Jake is now and teenager having reached his goal of becoming an top of the class student.  Amelia is also now an adult and will be making the next generation with her CAS husband.  I am still working on Emilia and Zach's aspirations with Zach being sooo close to completing his goal!  I will be sure to make him create so much food that future gens won't have to cook because the stuff he makes won't spoil once he finishes his present goal.  I will hopefully get some screenshots/videos out of the whole challenge when I get it finished.  Be ready for the long haul!

A rather semi annoyed update.

I have found that apparently my sims can no longer use their phones :>_<:.  However they can still use the computer so I'm working with that.  And Zoey is now a child while I have to age up Zach because he finally completed the master chef life goal!  Yay!

And there could be another baby on the way.  So someone has got to go.  Emilia likely because she's about ready to pass on but we'll see.

I will do a massive house rebuild to reflect what the family now needs.  Given that there are some vampires now I figured that it's high time I did something awesome.  So now comes the fun part designing a house that suits the needs of all family members.  Fair dinkum that's going to be difficult to do!  I'll be saving the finished lot to the gallery once it's done so do keep an eye out for it (#TSCPlays100GenChallenge).  Warning it will likely be pricey because my sims have a lot of stuff and money!  This house would not have been possible without contributions of Emilia's books and Zach's work.  So far this place should be enough to have a few generations living in comfort.  And we're likely not going to see Emilia and Zach enjoy the final renovations once I'm done :(:.

I've worked out the family need the following rooms:

~Bathroom

~Study

~Nursery

~Toddler's Room

~Child's Room

~Kitchen

~Dinning room

~Teen room

~Party/Dance Room

~Child's skill building room

~Adult/Teen skill building room

~Indoor garden (because vampires)

And I'm sure that more rooms will be added once I work out what is needed but that is the basic idea...

Update time:

We got another girl!  That's right Amelia had another girl!!  Her name is Chelsey and as for what else...well not that much.  I'll try and get a screen shot when I can.

And now it is time to say goodbye to the matriarch of the Mandua clan.  Emilia will be missed.

I suppose I could do a video LP but we'll have to see if that will work!

For the next part of the playthrough here is the all important video update:

(Due to the previous upload being too big, I had some help getting it trimmed down to an acceptable size)

This link should work as the video is on youtube for easy watching.  I think I'll try to keep them as brief as possible plus I'm no good at editing so prepare for long stretches of well, silence because I am not as verbal irl as I am with posts.  Perhaps because when I'm posting its easier for me to say more because I read them two to three times on average to make sure that they sound reasonable in most cases and I end up adding more to them in the process :blink:.  However it could also be that I find talking...well painful I suppose for reasons I won't disclose here.

Post fixing

Here is some of the shenanigans that I got up to today with the 100 Gen Challenge:

This episode is short if you would like them to be longer, please let me know!

Ease of viewing of course!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So I haven't posted much in a while but I have an idea of what I might do.  Here is my question for the next LP once this one is done, plenty of time to decide what is going to be the next play through of the Sims 4:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdSUVM-H3jzr-WPrz0_9eLnVn3e95JM7anpJ_3Lx5SWkRJljQ/viewform

Responses will be open right until the end of the current LP :D: I look forward to seeing your responses and don't worry I am still doing the LP.  I'll have the next episode up soon I hope!