Cipher Stream Reveals New Artwork

Taken from LeminaAusa on Reddit. Here's the link to the entire imgur album, which was very entertaining to look at: http://imgur.com/a/c2pty

Anyway, we've got new artwork of Valbo:

2mpxsxz.png

9ybvGI0.png

RKCaMv7.png
(That's his Cipher art I believe)

vN1cwei.png

A better look at Mae, one where her chest doesn't look deformed.

m2JUQJy.png

They really seem to be pushing Tobin as an Archer; that's his class in all the images we've seen so far I believe.

Sp7vGOj.png

Complete edition of Echoes.

And that's about it that's relevant or new for Shadows of Valentia!

There also seems to be a few more art pieces on that last screenshot that are a little hard to make out. Tobin looks like he's on the left, but not sure who the person beside Saber/Valbo is and if I had to take a guess I'd say the girl on the right is May again. (edit)

Edited by Tryhard

19 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Praise Naga!

Who is this false God you speak of,

GLORY BE TO DUMA!

On a more serious note, this artwork is so good, I can't wait to see more.

I like it. Mae looks cute and Valbar looks badass. It's rare to see someone wearing a helmet in FE, so that stands out, too.

In the artwork showing Alm and Celica, there's a previously unseen character in the middle. He seems to be wearing light armor similar to Saber's, so it could be Kamui, another swordfighter.

A bit odd how Tobin's got the spotlight as far as the villagers go. I can't wait for the inevitable "canon vs optimal" arguments over class routes for villagers.
And wait... is that playable character in an RPG wearing a helmet?! Valbo gets thumbs up for that alone.

Edited by The DanMan

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

A bit odd how Tobin's got the spotlight as far as the villagers go. I can't wait the inevitable "canon vs optimal" arguments over class routes for villagers.

Well, if Tobin is like he was in the original, archer is now canon and his optimal class - Tobin sucked, but at least he could suck from a distance.

1 hour ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Well, if Tobin is like he was in the original, archer is now canon and his optimal class - Tobin sucked, but at least he could suck from a distance.

Ah... .

Though didn't SD mess with growths and stuff? I could see them tweaking things and making him a bit better.

11 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Ah... .

Though didn't SD mess with growths and stuff? I could see them tweaking things and making him a bit better.

I think New Mystery was a bit better with that. I do hope they did in at least their case, because I stubbornly use all of Alm's villagers anyway.

Hooray for more pictures! I can't wait for clear ones to be uploaded online.

Valbar's didn't change much, he just looks a little less creepy and got a helmet! His armor has always had that color scheme I believe.

Mae didn't change much either, except she has more armor and not just robes. 

On the complete edition, of course Alm and Celica get the spotlight, but Tobin, Valbar, Saber, Mae, and someone that appears to be a dreadfighter (Kamui?) are on the cover. I wonder if this means that these 5 will have a bigger role in the story. Not sure about Tobin, but I can see potential storyline niches for the others. 

I'm hoping they make Mae super competitive, like Lute on crack.

19 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I'm hoping they make Mae super competitive, like Lute on crack.

She had like one line in Gaiden and it was her comparing her skills to Boey, so I'm sure she'll be cheeky and competitive for sure.

Also, is it just the usual Cipher magic at work, or is her chest massive? In an older Celica card, she was there as well and I don't know, I'm wondering if she'll be Echoes' fan service character.

10 minutes ago, Thane said:

She had like one line in Gaiden and it was her comparing her skills to Boey, so I'm sure she'll be cheeky and competitive for sure.

Also, is it just the usual Cipher magic at work, or is her chest massive? In an older Celica card, she was there as well and I don't know, I'm wondering if she'll be Echoes' fan service character.

I'm thinking they made her boobs bigger in the Celica sipher. However, in the last picture and her individual cipher card, her chest doesn't look too big to me. She has an armor chestplate, which can give the illusion that her chest is bigger than it actually is. If support conversations are a thing, there could be a support conversation about this and it'll be hilarious but will be localized to hell and back so we'll get some boring one instead

Sure her design has a lot of leg in it, but it's not too drastic. It was the style at the time in Valentia, and her original featured a similar style of dress:

Spoiler

Mae_(The_Complete_Artwork).png

However I would say that her design has a more Greco-Roman feel to it now, compared to her old one, which reminds me more of a Qipao.

EDIT: To answer your fanservice question; I'm unsure. Her design doesn't scream fanservice to me, but probably will have some fanservice-type DLC if she becomes popular. If a dancer is added to the game, they're generally the designated fanservice character. 

Edited by Dandy Druid

I definitely don't see new Celica as anything approaching fanservice. For the most part, her outfit is tasteful and stylish, while also being relatively practical. I mean, when we've had the likes of Camilla, Tharja, Charlotte and Olivia Celica and the female characters we've seen so far are a much-welcome breath of fresh air.

2 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

I definitely don't see new Celica as anything approaching fanservice. For the most part, her outfit is tasteful and stylish, while also being relatively practical. I mean, when we've had the likes of Camilla, Tharja, Charlotte and Olivia Celica and the female characters we've seen so far are a much-welcome breath of fresh air.

Celica? We were talking about Mae due to her appearing to have a very large chest in the two Cipher cards we've seen her in now, and I wondered if that was indicative of anything or if it was just her Cipher artwork where that sort of thing is pretty common.

I can't say I think Celica's design is particularly classy, but it's not very fan service-y. I welcome a much more toned down approach to armor designs.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Celica? We were talking about Mae due to her appearing to have a very large chest in the two Cipher cards we've seen her in now, and I wondered if that was indicative of anything or if it was just her Cipher artwork where that sort of thing is pretty common.

I can't say I think Celica's design is particularly classy, but it's not very fan service-y. I welcome a much more toned down approach to armor designs.

Oh, my mistake. I read "Celica card" and thought you were talking about her. For what it's worth I wouldn't think too much of it. To me looks just like a breastplate (with unnecessary boob-cups, but that's been a thing in FE since day one). Kind of weird for a mage to be wearing one, but it looks shiny and hard like metal in the image up there.

49 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Oh, my mistake. I read "Celica card" and thought you were talking about her. For what it's worth I wouldn't think too much of it. To me looks just like a breastplate (with unnecessary boob-cups, but that's been a thing in FE since day one). Kind of weird for a mage to be wearing one, but it looks shiny and hard like metal in the image up there.

Yeah I'll just chalk it up to Cipher being Cipher. I feel like we should be getting a proper introduction to the very first characters sometime soon, hopefully with the next Famitsu, whenever that is.

Chest sizes in Cipher have always been inconsistent because of all the several different artist.

edit: there also the fact they play up the fanservice a bit in Cipher, again depending on the artist.

Edited by FoliFF

21 hours ago, Thane said:

Taken from LeminaAusa on Reddit.

Hey, that's me! :p Glad you enjoyed the album, though.

For the record, the only artwork here that's official SoV/Echoes artwork are the first two. The three shots with backgrounds of Valbo, Mae, and Tobin are all Cipher art that will be used in the upcoming Series 9. We've gotten some additional Cipher artwork of SoV/Echoes characters from previous events as well, including Alm (2 pieces), Celica, and Saber that you can check out in my thread over in the Cipher subforum here.

1 minute ago, Kirie said:

Hey, that's me! :p Glad you enjoyed the album, though.

Oh good, then I can thank you in "person": thanks for your hard work, this was a great album!

1 minute ago, Kirie said:

For the record, the only artwork here that's official SoV/Echoes artwork are the first two. The three shots with backgrounds of Valbo, Mae, and Tobin are all Cipher art that will be used in the upcoming Series 9. We've gotten some additional Cipher artwork of SoV/Echoes characters from previous events as well, including Alm (2 pieces), Celica, and Saber that you can check out in my thread over in the Cipher subforum here.

Of course, the latter is Cipher, but it's still the best look we've had of Mae so far, so I thought it was important to show. We've seen Tobin's portrait but I still think it's nice to get a good look at him as an archer, as it most likely shows how they'll look in Echoes.