SAT Anxiety

Emerson

Today is my second SAT test. After taking 2 PSATs and my first SAT, I feel less anxious than before, although this is the first one that really matters, so there is that.

Anyways, wish me luck!

Good luck, was your first SAT an official one?  If so, you have that as a baseline to go against.  I never took the SAT, but I took the ACT back in 2003.

Just try to do your best to relax and get a good meal in, if you can keep it down.

The first one was official, but I took it years before it mattered.

I'm not super anxious to where I'm going to freak out or anything, but I can feel it a little bit.

Also wish my friend @TheFrostFox luck, as we're actually in the exact same room and only a chair with no one and a walkway apart.

I feel like I cheated by never taking the ACT/SAT. I avoided a bunch of stress by being a cheapskate and going to community college before transferring to a proper university.

Good luck.

Good luck. I remember mine going fairly well (besides the part where I marked half the answers in the text book for reading comprehension instead of the sheet they gave to you, forcing me to do a catch-up thing-- though that "fail" attempt was better than 54% of students). Honestly, the venue matters as much as anything. Air conditioning, a window or two, and chill classmates goes a long way in easing nervousness.

33 minutes ago, Reloaded said:

Scantron.

And I'm glad it still is lol

Why? Scantrons are such a pain in the ass, and the fact that you have to write in pencil is annoying. Pen for the win. Even for math.

Good luck in your SAT! -- Just looked at time this was posted, this is probably late...

Edited by SlayerX

How did it go?

1 hour ago, Reloaded said:

Scantron.

And I'm glad it still is lol

I always preferred paper tests, even if it's scantron.  I hate not being able to go back to questions, which the computer based ones nowadays do.  Yes, I'm 30, and I still have to take tests periodically for certifications and such.

@SlayerX While Scantrons are indeed annoying, I find computer tests even worse, since for me it's harder to navigate through the questions and I can't quickly write notes on the test itself. Plus if the questions are on different pages, time will be wasted on loading said questions, and for a time pressured test like the SAT (and especially the ACT), this will be a huge problem, no matter how fast load times are.

I do agree with you about the pen>pencil thing though lol. 

@Rezzy What tests prevent you from going back to previous questions? I've seen that kind of thing very few times.

It went pretty well. I felt decently confident throughout the whole thing.

Despite being mainly a maths focused student, I've normally done much better on the Reading/Writing parts of the test, while I sometimes struggle to 100% finish the math sections. This time was no different.

Thank you all for the luck!

Edited by Almerson

13 minutes ago, Reloaded said:

@SlayerX While Scantrons are indeed annoying, I find computer tests even worse, since for me it's harder to navigate through the questions and I can't quickly write notes on the test itself. Plus if the questions are on different pages, time will be wasted on loading said questions, and for a time pressured test like the SAT (and especially the ACT), this will be a huge problem, no matter how fast load times are.

I do agree with you about the pen>pencil thing though lol. 

I guess i hadn't thought about that. I haven't had to take an online test that was so pressured for time in a long long while. 

@Almerson Glad to hear you feel good about your SAT!

9 hours ago, Slumber said:

I feel like I cheated by never taking the ACT/SAT. I avoided a bunch of stress by being a cheapskate and going to community college before transferring to a proper university.

You're not the only one. And hey, it saves $$$, not a bad thing. Gets a lot of the general ed you won't be using irl done, and you'll always have the last two years at your university proper to actually learn your major.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're not the only one. And hey, it saves $$$, not a bad thing. Gets a lot of the general ed you won't be using irl done, and you'll always have the last two years at your university proper to actually learn your major.

Yeah. If I could do it all over again, I'd probably go the community college route again, but I always feel like the odd duck out when all of my friends bring up their ACT/SAT(Really just ACT) horror stories.