Poll: Which Path did you finish first?

Poll: Which Path did you finish first?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which Path did you finish first?

• Birthright
    • Conquest
    • Revelation

Conquest was the first I could get my hands on, so I ended up doing that one first. That being said, I had wanted to do Birthright first, but I like physical cartridges, which I wasn't available when I ordered online. So ye

I did Birthright, Conquest then Revelations.  I wanted to play an easier path first which is why I played Birthright first, but I like conquest better.

Conquest Classic Hard. As a veteran of the series, I just had to go with that.

It felt kind of odd playing through the game because I skipped (and still do) all plot scenes and support conversations, after reading countless posts saying how bad they were with hardly any details relayed in said posts. Going from map to map, with no idea of who the characters were or why I was where I was made the newness of the game even stranger to me.

Thinking the game was like Awakening, I tried spoonfeeding all my experience into Corrin to get the steamrolling a going initially, only to discover when I hopped online for help on C10 that the experience is curved in this game. That said, I got through it and enjoyed the game's challenge immensely, and I still do.

Because it was just my second game after FE 7 and I wanted to play one on Hard, I decided to do Birthright first (and the Internet made me fear Conquest Hard).

Did Revelations after that, because I saw my brother playing Conquest. So I actually never got around playing Conquest. Might do it in the future though.

6 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I played Conquest first, though I wish I had started with Birthright. I had gotten so used to the difficulty in CQ that I couldn't even bring myself to finish BR even though I've had it since launch.

I can relate (kinda)!

I bought Birthright as a gift for myself on Easter last year... Having previously played Awakening to death, I decided to start on Hard Mode, and holy crap, I was soooooo surprised with how tough Birthright was and how much more grinding it demanded over Awakening. I ended up drifting away from it for a while, started over multiple times so that I could have decent enough units to go on, but I eventually gave up, and with some spare birthday money, I bought Revelation, and I really have to say... I LOVE Revelation. I went back and played Birthright, having conquered what some consider the hardest path, and I really enjoyed it! Then I played my cousin's copy of Conquest to wrap it all up... As a whole, Fates was a fun experience, but I still like Awakening more than Revelation, my favorite path.

Birthright, just because Conquest was sold out everywhere I tried to find it. I far prefer Birthright to Conquest in terms of story (though Conquest's maps are more interesting and challenging), so for the most part I think I made the right choice.

I started with Conquest, which I regretted after playing Birthright next.

Despite the marketing, it's clear the story builds up from Birthright, to Conquest, then Revelation. Birthright's story elements are expanded on in Conquest, and Conquest is expanded on in Revelation, but it does not apply in reverse. That's not how you make three, separate stories, Intelligent Systems...

I finished Birthright first, then Conquest and Revelation afterwards, when it became available for download. I was one of the unlucky fellows that couldn't get the special edition. Birthright is also so far the only path I have completed on Hard difficulty, since I am too much of a scrub to beat Conquest (I really need to git gud, I know) and Revelation's map design is boring as all get-out, so...

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

Conquest.

I had to make Camilla my waifu.

I just had to.

Funnily enough, my original reason for starting with Birthright was the same as yours, only with Hana. I hear you, brother.

Edited by DragonFlames

I went Birthright first, partly for story reasons, but more so because I wanted to see just how different Fates played from other games.