The Lucina of this game.

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

And there is reason to believe that she could be a "Lucina". She has the looks and coolness to be one, but I think the narrative framing is different. You start the game following her story, and while there is an avatar, he's mostly out of sight, only getting the occasional nod in conversations. Lyn is the main character of her arc, not Mark, and thus you are more likely to step in her shoes than view her as an object of interest. Compare this to Fates where you are in Corrin's shoes and Azura is the object of interest.

Later on, Eliwood or Hector takes the reins of the plot, and while Lyn fills in a supporting role, you already have experience with her as a protagonist (and the plot doesn't treat her as an assumed love interest to either lord) so her view to the player stays the same. At least, that's how I viewed the game.

True, but even Micaiah has her spotline stolen by Ike too if what I've heard is any indication (it's hard for Ike not to steal the spotlight), but in her case, I think she was handled significantly differently.

Also, love interest? I mean, I ship Eliwood and Lyn, but I seem to be in the minority there.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Also, love interest? I mean, I ship Eliwood and Lyn, but I seem to be in the minority there.

Brave Roy has Galeforce, I don't think we need further proof that Eliwood and Lyn are canon.

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

And there is reason to believe that she could be a "Lucina". She has the looks and coolness to be one, but I think the narrative framing is different. You start the game following her story, and while there is an avatar, he's mostly out of sight, only getting the occasional nod in conversations. Lyn is the main character of her arc, not Mark, and thus you are more likely to step in her shoes than view her as an object of interest. Compare this to Fates where you are in Corrin's shoes and Azura is the object of interest.

Later on, Eliwood or Hector takes the reins of the plot, and while Lyn fills in a supporting role, you already have experience with her as a protagonist (and the plot doesn't treat her as an assumed love interest to either lord) so her view to the player stays the same. At least, that's how I viewed the game.

The problem with saying Lyn is a supporting character like Lucina is that Lyn is ALWAYS there in the story(Well, once she shows up again), even after her arc. She may not be the core focus, but she's always there.

Lucina becomes a lot less prominent after she's born in real time, whereas everything leading up to chapter 13 has her in more of a Lyn role. After that, though, the supporting spotlight character starts to switch around.