FE8 Replayability?

I just finished Eirika's route, after playing a bit over half around 8 months ago, then picking it up again this month. I really enjoyed the game, but is Ephraim's route that different or more difficult than Eirika's? As much as I liked it, the only enemies who gave me any trouble at all were the endgame manaketes and Lyon. I didn't finish with everything I wanted, either, as I barely got any supports before I got stuck in the endgame. I also just bought FE7, but I'm not sure whether I should just start playing that or to start Ephraim's route. Is the game worth playing again immediately after beating Eirika's route, or should I wait a while?

Edited by WinterMidnight

Ephraim's route is a bit harder and the story is a bit different but not by much, at least in my opinion (I rushed the game to finish before school started again to be fair, so I probably shouldn't be speaking). You could definitely grind more for supports and the units you want in a replay, what with all the skirmishes.

I would suggest starting up FE7 before going back to FE8 - it'll make you appreciate the skirmishes more lol. FE7 is more of a challenge, but if you want to really test yourself you could try to aim for an S rank in your first playthrough!

Just now, Dolce said:

Ephraim's route is a bit harder and the story is a bit different but not by much, at least in my opinion (I rushed the game to finish before school started again to be fair, so I probably shouldn't be speaking). You could definitely grind more for supports and the units you want in a replay, what with all the skirmishes.

I would suggest starting up FE7 before going back to FE8 - it'll make you appreciate the skirmishes more lol. FE7 is more of a challenge, but if you want to really test yourself you could try to aim for an S rank in your first playthrough!

Thanks! I'll start FE7 tonight, I've heard lots of positive things about it. Whether that's because of nostalgia or the game itself, I'll see, but I'm excited to play it.

2 hours ago, WinterMidnight said:

I didn't finish with everything I wanted, either, as I barely got any supports before I got stuck in the endgame.

You are not stuck in the endgame. After beating it and watching the credits you save the game, then you go to Map Mode (I believe?) where you enter the postgame and you are able to move around and endlessly grind on the Tower of Valni and a new area called the Lagdou Ruins.

As far as the difficulty change it's not too bad as long as you are an experienced player.

After completing both Erika and Ephraim's route you unlock the Super Trainee class for Ross, Amelia, and Ewan. It definitely is not their best class for them but it is something.