How much do you guys think has been changed in this remake?

The website seems to imply that certain elements from newer FE games are going to be in this game.

What do you guys think will be added in? I, personally, hope that we get kids, reclassing, and an Avatar. It'd just make this whole experience so much more streamlined and fun.

Well, I'm definitely hoping for none of that.

I don't think re-classing is needed when villagers can already be molded pretty well - otherwise, what would the point be?

I honestly think is is an update to presentation (visuals, story, user interface, music), along with a new unit or two and slight map / mechanic revisions, with the addition of base conversations.

And really, that's all there should be.

I'm seeing three of this topic on the thread list... Is that some sort of weird glitch? 

:blink:

13 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

What do you guys think will be added in? I, personally, hope that we get kids, reclassing, and an Avatar. It'd just make this whole experience so much more streamlined and fun.

Highly, highly disagree. Gaiden is a story and game that works just fine without any of that stuff.

We already got an Avatar in a game/story that wasn't written for one...and that was the infamous Kris of FE12. I don't want another "weak and pitiful lord(s) with a heroic Avatar swooping in to win the day" story like that one.

10 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I honestly think is is an update to presentation (visuals, story, user interface, music), along with a new unit or two and slight map / mechanic revisions, with the addition of base conversations.

Pretty much this.

Edited by Extrasolar

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

I'm seeing three of this topic on the thread list... Is that some sort of weird glitch? 

:blink:

Highly, highly disagree. Gaiden is a story and game  that works just fine without any of that stuff.

We already got an Avatar in a game/story that wasn't written for one...and that was the infamous Kris of FE12. I don't want another "weak and pitiful lord(s) with a heroic Avatar swooping in to win the day" story like that one.

Pretty much this.

I mean,

I DID try to submit it three times, and it kicked me out all three times.........

10 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

The website seems to imply that certain elements from newer FE games are going to be in this game.

Gr8 b8 m8. I've seen you trolling around the forums, ans I've gotta say that you gave me a solid kek or two. Keep up the good work my dude.

It's almost a foregone conclusion at this point that kids won't be in this game so that's not happening, reclassing is already kinda in the game with the shrines for the villagers, but for everyone else I feel it could damage the balance of the game like it did in Awakening and Fates. As for the Avatar, there is still the infinitesimally small chance they'll reveal one before release, but judging from the comments made during the Gamespot interview, I highly doubt it.

1 minute ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

Gr8 b8 m8. I've seen you trolling around the forums, ans I've gotta say that you gave me a solid kek or two. Keep up the good work my dude.

And in case anyone was wondering, yes the TC is most definitely a troll. You can find him on any given day on the Conquest board on GameFAQs making similar topics and generally being a nuisance to everyone. Didn't even bother to change names.

28 minutes ago, Forsaken Mango said:

It's almost a foregone conclusion at this point that kids won't be in this game so that's not happening, reclassing is already kinda in the game with the shrines for the villagers, but for everyone else I feel it could damage the balance of the game like it did in Awakening and Fates. As for the Avatar, there is still the infinitesimally small chance they'll reveal one before release, but judging from the comments made during the Gamespot interview, I highly doubt it.

And in case anyone was wondering, yes the TC is most definitely a troll. You can find him on any given day on the Conquest board on GameFAQs making similar topics and generally being a nuisance to everyone. Didn't even bother to change names.

I only troll occasionally.

1 hour ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Well, I'm definitely hoping for none of that.

I don't think re-classing is needed when villagers can already be molded pretty well - otherwise, what would the point be?

And really, that's all there should be.

All of this.

I'm basically seeing this game as a modern, newly painted, version of the original Gaiden with some extra layers to it.  Kids are unnecessary and don't fit in with the narrative.  Reclassing probably isn't necessary either.  And an Avatar could work like Kris in New Mystery of the Emblem but it would be refreshing and better to just stick with the Gaiden cast and not have an Avatar.

I'm afraid not enough mechanically.

Look, there are tons of things that don't need to be added or changed. No kids, no avatar, none of that nonsense.

But on the other hand, as Shadow Dragon proved, there are also tons of things that definitely need to change, and I'm afraid far too few of them have.

I think this might be a second Shadow Dragon, and the series definitely doesn't need that right now.

3 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

I mean,

I DID try to submit it three times, and it kicked me out all three times.........

Press it once. If it appears to not work, check the forum to see if it posted before hitting the button again.

Personally, my answer is "Not enough". I might get it anyway, but I fear that this game is following the same (bad) precedent set by Shadow Dragon...

22 hours ago, Sage of Ylisse said:

I just hope the growth rates are fixed.

Looking at Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem, you can count on growth rates changes, especially with all the 0% RES growths.

On 3/12/2017 at 4:32 PM, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Looks like it. To me, it seems like a support system will be in place judging solely off of the initial trailer and a couple of screenshots. That's probably for the best though, because from what I hear, the hit rates in Gaiden were rather poor so having said support system could improve on that.

What I hope is they do what they did in SD where "ok, here is the game the west missed out on for 25 years" but what they need to do is "ok now let's add some new elements so we don't scare away the new people."