All Hail the Dancing Manakete: New Banner Revealed

Vaximillian

Just now, Anacybele said:

He? Who are you referring to here, exactly? Because I'm a woman...

Oh... Uhh... My bad. I kind of default to using male pronouns when online, and I've only now noticed your gender thingie on the left. I don't really have any excuses, this is totally my fault. Sorry, I didn't mean to incorrectly address you (But yes I was talking about you).

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Ryu Yuki said:

Oh... Uhh... My bad. I kind of default to using male pronouns when online, and I've only now noticed your gender thingie on the left. I don't really have any excuses, this is totally my fault. Sorry, I didn't mean to incorrectly address you (But yes I was talking about you).

Oh. xP Okay, no biggie then. Though strangely, I'm mistaken for male quite a bit on the internet even though I always list my gender as female...

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I am being impatient, yes, but I feel I have a right to be at this point.

Lol we all do. I never played Radiant Dawn or path of radiance but Ike is gonna be epic. I hope he gets a special that let's him do that super cool flipping sword thing (whatever it's called)

2 minutes ago, Eselred said:

I am indifferent to Ike's personality and am satisfied that he isn't some annoying anime trope.

I agree with you there.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Lol we all do. I never played Radiant Dawn or path of radiance but Ike is gonna be epic. I hope he gets a special that let's him do that super cool flipping sword thing (whatever it's called)

That's his Aether animation, and it makes him a solo machine, especially when he's doing it at 1-2 range with Ragnell.

Just now, Arcanite said:

That'd be Aether, and yes, he totally needs that. It's one of the things that defines Ike. Ike was the first character to use that skill, Chrom and Lucina stole it from him. :P Ike needs to have it in his pool and it shouldn't be inheritable because it was stated that unique skills like this would not be inheritable.

Also, you should play PoR and RD if you ever get the chance, they're great and the best FE games in my opinion. Not everybody likes RD's story, I can see why some have issues with it, but I think overall, Tellius as a whole has the best story, characters, and world building, and RD has the best gameplay.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, you should play PoR and RD if you ever get the chance, they're great and the best FE games in my opinion. Not everybody likes RD's story, I can see why some have issues with it, but I think overall, Tellius as a whole has the best story, characters, and world building, and RD has the best gameplay.

Best graphics too...

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And once again, Tellius gets shafted and we get a shitty banner instead...

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

So if I speak for myself, I'm selfish, but if I try to not be selfish and include other fans as well, I get a comment like this? What the hell am I supposed to say without getting complaints or bashed then?

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

PLEASE stop trying to paint me as as selfish brat. I refuse to ever act like that.

I am being impatient, yes, but I feel I have a right to be at this point.

Ana, you can't misinterpret quotes like these. You were bashing Elibe fans.

And your justification is "He's number 1, give him to us NOW."

And acting selfish.

You're not sympathizing with other fans. Calling the banner shitty just because it isn't what you want is the definition of uncaring for others' opinions.

I should honestly take a lesson in maturity from Ice Dragon and ignore the childish banter.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Man I really hope Ninian is Green because I'm in a dire need of green units which also makes more favourable RNG for me! Also now that I think about it. We only got 2 dancers so far, right? If Ninian is green then we have one dancer on each colour! Olivia is Red, Azura is blue and Ninian is green. This is all planned guys!

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Ana, you can't misinterpret quores like these. You were bashing Elibe fans.

And your justification is "He's number 1, give him to us NOW."

And acting selfish.

You're not sympathizing with other fans. Calling the banner shitty just because it isn't what you want is the definition of uncaring for others' opinions.

I should honestly take a lesson in maturity from Ice Dragon and ignore the childish banter.

lolwut? I don't see any of those statements in those posts. Not even a mention of Ike or Elibe fans. You're seriously nitpicking things that aren't even there and I'll say again, STOP. I'm not childish at all and you're blind if you think I am.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Hardy said:

Best graphics too...

And arguably the best music as well.  The Devoted is just too epic, and March is pretty great as well, among many other great tracks in the game.

My only issue with RD is the Fail Brigade, so -1 from me for that.  If the Fail Brigade was removed or just a part of Ike's army (or maybe even just the prologue/tutorial chapter like Lyn mode), then RD would be an 11/10 for me.

10 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Maybe it's my turn.

I, myself, am a strong advocate of animal sacrifices. They didn't work at first but when I made the second account, it was over. Also getting your Anna to 4 or 5 stars boosts effectiveness.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think I'll take it out for a spin. Not sure where to buy it so maybe I'll use Dolphin to play it.

Just now, Eselred said:

And arguably the best music as well.  The Devoted is just too epic, and March is pretty great as well, among many other great tracks in the game.

My only issue with RD is the Fail Brigade, so -1 from me for that.  If the Fail Brigade was removed or just a part of Ike's army (or maybe even just the prologue/tutorial chapter like Lyn mode), then RD would be an 11/10 for me.

Oh yeah, definitely agree on the music thing!

My main issues are yeah, the Dawn Brigade being so uninteresting and undeveloped, and some of the character endings (especially Ike's).

I can understand people's frustration about there being no Ike, but it's clear their saving him for a special occasion (my bet is the release of the second season of the story where he'll be a featured villain), however I think it's a problematic attitude to play the game only in anticipation of small minority of characters. To put it into perspective, I'm saving up for Ike, however to see some of the characters brought to life again from the Elibe saga made my night. I love all of the new Elibe banner units

You guys who love Ike, Nephenee and Mia will get this feeling too when they come out. Keep saving your orbs and use them sparingly, Ike will come all in due time. Though one month may seem long, it's really not in the grand scheme of the games lifecycle. It's still a new game, even now.

To make it entirely clear, there'll be a Magvel banner, there'll be a Jugdral banner and there'll be a Tellius banner just like there was an FE7/Elibe banner now. Just be patient!

Edited by SlipperySlippy

1 minute ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I can understand people's frustration about there being no Ike, but it's clear their saving him for a special occasion (my bet is the release of the second season of the story where he'll be a featured villain), however I think it's a problematic attitude to play the game only in anticipation of small minority of characters. To put it into perspective, I'm saving up for Ike, however to see some of the characters brought to life again from the Elibe saga made my night. I love all of the new Elibe banner units

You guys who love Ike, Nephenee and Mia will get this feeling too when they come out. Keep saving your orbs and use them sparingly, Ike will come all in due time. Though one month may seem long, it's really not in the grand scheme of the games lifecycle. It's still a new game, even now.

Oh, I'm still playing the game. Just not much because I don't have much to do in it right now. I'll probably just do those daily quests and that's it for now. It is silly to play just for a few characters. I wanted to see the story and original characters too, as well as see some existing characters I'm not familiar with.

Edited by Anacybele

29 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Unless RNG trolls me hard and gave me a full orbs without Ninian's color.

You know, I got it 3 times (in a row) while rolling for Julia... and it happened twice TT

I'm also on the side of Ninian as green due to canon reasons.

I'll use my 5*'d Eliwood as catalyst.

2 minutes ago, Sartek said:

You know, I got it 3 times (in a row) while rolling for Julia... and it happened twice TT

The woe is that greens are rare, if she does turns out to be green, oh boy. I rarely sees green as is.

Edited by pianime94

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I think I'll take it out for a spin. Not sure where to buy it so maybe I'll use Dolphin to play it.

That's what I've been doing.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My main issues are yeah, the Dawn Brigade being so uninteresting and undeveloped, and some of the character endings (especially Ike's).

Thank Ike for that!

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, definitely agree on the music thing!

It's not just that they are uninteresting and undeveloped, which they are.  They are BAD.  Micaiah might be the worst Lord in the series, which is crazy because Roy exists.

I basically just rely on the PoR holdovers and emo Sothe to carry the day for the FB chapters.

8 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I like most, if not all, of the Fire Emblem games, but IKE is my favorite.  He's also the favorite of most people too.  The fact that he's not in the game yet, even just a regular old vanilla version of him, is pretty bad.  I enjoy Heroes, but I haven't pulled since the launch banners, and most of my usable characters are level 40.  I'm already running out of things to do and often let my stamina go to waste, and these...uninteresting banners aren't helping matters any.

We have plenty of Elibe and Fates characters.  FFRK launched with an FF7 event and kept the FF7 content flowing in much more often than the other games.  Tellius might not be the "most popular" FE setting, but IKE is the most popular FE character.  It's time.

Edited by Eselred

1 minute ago, Eselred said:

It's not just that they are uninteresting and undeveloped, which they are.  They are BAD.  Micaiah might be the worst Lord in the series, which is crazy because Roy exists.

I don't know if Micaiah is worse than Roy (because I haven't played the latter's game, I just hear that he's bad), but yeah, the DB didn't get enough chapters or play time to get to be good characters gameplaywise. They always fall behind everyone else by a good margin.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh. xP Okay, no biggie then. Though strangely, I'm mistaken for male quite a bit on the internet even though I always list my gender as female...

It may be the avatar.  I know that personally I try to look at listed genders, but avatars tend to be my go-to images of people online until I find out otherwise.  (I'm not sure how I feel about the idea that some people out there may have a mental image of me as Mt. Fuji.)

10 minutes ago, Eselred said:

I couldn't care less that he "fights for his friends".

May I just say, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" for actually using the proper phrase, rather than "could care less"?  (Sorry; pet peeve of mine.)

Anyway, I hate to harp on the Rebecca thing, but I really, really hope her actual, in-game image looks better than the teaser banner's.  Also, is it just me, or does Jaffar look much younger than he does in FE7? 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know if Micaiah is worse than Roy (because I haven't played the latter's game, I just hear that he's bad), but yeah, the DB didn't get enough chapters or play time to get to be good characters gameplaywise. They always fall behind everyone else by a good margin.

Roy doesn't promote until the second-to-last (IIRC) chapter of the game, and you have to ferry his sorry butt around on EVERY map because all objectives are Seize.  He's the worst.

The Fail Brigade is just bad in the play time and chapters they get.  No more please!  The Crimean chapters aren't the best either, but at least I know and care about these characters and they are halfway competent (plus Haar!).  The Fail Brigade is just the worst, and it's NOT "Ike's fault".

I'm fine not having Ike right now. Or rather,  I should say that I'm used to it.  I've played enough gacha based games to know that you don't blow through all of your popular characters in the first month. I'm sure less people rolled for the current sibling gacha than they wanted since  no western release for FE4 and 5 so they need to go back into a more popular game's set of characters.

As for this gacha, I really hope Ninian is green. As I need another good dancer and I don't care for Azura. Rebecca's art looks bad. Hopefully her neutral art looks good. I've been looking forward to her for a while and it would be disappointing if she had bad art all around. Lucius being a staff user would annoy me. We have enough staff users. Give green some love already. 

Lol Raven gets his entire harem in this gacha.