All Hail the Dancing Manakete: New Banner Revealed

Vaximillian

12 minutes ago, Eselred said:

FFRK literally launched with FF7 and Sephiroth.

Also made by DeNa...

Of course use a good amount of popular characters at launch to grab the attention of the players,  but you don't use every last popular character at launch. If you did that then every release after that would just be obscure characters that most people are just meh about and interest would die after the first week. 

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'ma be honest:

Other than Ninian and maybe Lucius, this one's pretty boring. I'd definitely prefer Karla over Karel, and I have no interest in colorless units, so no interest in Priscilla, Rebecca, or Jaffar.

Because, let's be honest. There's no chance Rebecca is better than Takumi or Klein, almost no chance Priscilla has any use, and Jaffar... well, there are a lot of Hectors running around.

I mean, I'd love to be proven wrong, but still..

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

That was the pont, ana. You changed your opinion because time passed. You were being impatient and had an uninformed opinion that you went and ranted about.

Causing friction between you and beers here.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, I changed my opinion because I became a little more familiar with the gacha system and as I kept playing, the game grew on me more.

There's always been friction between me and beers. Beers don't taste good to me. ;)

How about we agree to disagree and stay on topic? New page new subject?

Spoiler

Seriously stop before Eclipse sees this lol

Edited by Arcanite

1 minute ago, Shiro said:

rebecca does not look like belongs in that banner the art seems off xD but hopefully she is op cause we always need more op archers in the game xD who needs op green units xD

Oh, right.  I forgot that Rebecca will probably have the skill "Archers Rule", which negates all damage, reduces all enemies to 1HP, and has a 0-turn cooldown.

9 minutes ago, Eselred said:

What else is there to say, really?

"This is the new banner coming tomorrow, here are the new characters, I REALLY HOPE NINIAN IS GREEN!"

Did I miss anything?  :P:

Also, discussing Ike/Tellius is somewhat related, because we got...this banner instead of the most anticipated one.  Like I mentioned earlier, this would have been the best opportunity for Ike because the previous two banners are both expiring at the same time (tomorrow).

Well I mostly brought that up because this seems to be a popular enough topic to merit its own thread. A lot of people do like talking about Tellius and what might be in future focus summons, so I do legitimately think it might be more productive to have a thread specifically for that purpose. Well, I'm not particularly against the discussion here but it does kind of crowd out the actual discussions on the current banner (Which is the main point of the thread).

Just now, Arcanite said:

How about we agree to disagree and stay on topic? New page new subject?

Reveal hidden contents

Seriously stop before Eclipse sees this lol

This is a good idea too, yeah.

And really, if we did have to have more FE7 characters, I would've preferred Sain, Wil, Harken, and Erk.

Just now, JJ48 said:

Oh, right.  I forgot that Rebecca will probably have the skill "Archers Rule", which negates all damage, reduces all enemies to 1HP, and has a 0-turn cooldown.

lul with shitty art but a must have in every team xD kappa

THAT'S A DRAGONSTONE.

I WAS RIGHT

I F*KN CALLED THAT SHIT ABOUT NINIAN BEING ABLE TO DANCE + MANAKETE HAHAHA I WAS RIGHT

okay I'm done now sorry ;;

Just now, dragonlordsd said:

I'ma be honest:

Other than Ninian and maybe Lucius, this one's pretty boring. I'd definitely prefer Karla over Karel, and I have no interest in colorless units, so no interest in Priscilla, Rebecca, or Jaffar.

Because, let's be honest. There's no chance Rebecca is better than Takumi or Klein, almost no chance Priscilla has any use, and Jaffar... well, there are a lot of Hectors running around.

Well...Poison Dagger on Jaffar would make you rethink.

3 minutes ago, fangpoint333 said:

Of course use a good amount of popular characters at launch to grab the attention of the players,  but you don't use every last popular character at launch. If you did that then every release after that would just be obscure characters that most people are just meh about and interest would die after the first week. 

True...we did get Lucina, Marth, Roy and Lyn...

Why no Hector banner?  I totally would have pulled on that.  Hawkeye...Rebecca?!  :dry:

7 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

What?  Really?!  I had him down for early-to-mid twenties!  This is at least as big a shock as finding out that Cid Highwind in FF7 wasn't in his late 50's/early 60's!

If I'm not mistaken, Jaffar was a very young child when Nino was a baby, so the two are likely to be very close in age.

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

I'ma be honest:

I'd actually want a Karel or Priscilla (or Rebecca hope her default is at least good to look at, please). But considering Ninian's there, she's top priority, and as there're 4 colorless this time I'll be spookfested if I choose to aim for Priscilla or Rebecca.

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Also you never addressed how calling a banner shitty isn't an insult to people who like it.

Still waiting on this.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, I changed my opinion because I became a little more familiar with the gacha system and as I kept playing, the game grew on me more.

Exactly. Time. You know... the opposite of impatience. The thing I was addressing.

Just now, Water Mage said:

If I'm not mistaken, Jaffar was a very young child when Nino was a baby, so the two are likely to be very close in age.

"very young child" could mean anywhere from like 2 to 5 years old, imo. So if Nino is 14 in FE7, Jaffar could be 18 or 19.

Just now, Eselred said:

True...we did get Lucina, Marth, Roy and Lyn...

Why no Hector banner?  I totally would have pulled on that.  Hawkeye...Rebecca?!  :dry:

I think the first banner was best so far every other banner seems to be sub par hopefully this one changes? with inherit skills coming maybe things will change and more diverse heroes

I do hope Ninian gives out buffs when Dance-ing other units. Would be kinda neat and goes in line with her original portrayal. Besides having her as an actual pull unit, i also do hope we get some extra paralogue with her and Roy or something. I *really* want to see those two interact, since Roy's mother canonically died early on and I find it a bit sad that we never really see how they would have interacted with each other. (I mean no offense to Eliwood/Lyn shippers)

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I do hope Ninian gives out buffs when Dance-ing other units. Would be kinda neat and goes in line with her original portrayal. Besides having her as an actual pull unit, i also do hope we get some extra paralogue with her and Roy or something. I *really* want to see those two interact, since Roy's mother canonically died early on and I find it a bit sad that we never really see how they would have interacted with each other. (I mean no offense to Eliwood/Lyn shippers)

hopefully a res buff or def buff 

Just now, Ryu Yuki said:

It would be interesting to see the skills they give her to naturally learn.

I hope goodness that they give her ice point and magnificent ice.

(I don't known the English names for the skills. The one that gives 50% and 80% res boost to damage)

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I'm not sure about Ninian having buffs actually. I mean, she most likely will be able to both dance and transform into a dragon, so giving her buffing abilities might make her a little broken.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

It would be interesting to see the skills they give her to naturally learn.

I hope goodness that they give her ice point and magnificent ice.

(I don't known the English names for the skills. The one that gives 50% and 80% res boost to damage)

the skills felicia or klein have?

4 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Do we know Roy's mom died?  Maybe she just went to the grocery store one day and got a little lost on the way home.  I mean, it's not like Ninian doesn't have a history of amnesia, or anything...

Edited by JJ48

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

I'm not sure about Ninian having buffs actually. I mean, she most likely will be able to both dance and transform into a dragon, so giving her buffing abilities might make her a little broken.

If she is green, there'd be a lot of good counters, but I know what you mean. That could get out of control very fast.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Just now, Water Mage said:

with inherit skills im sure she will get an extra abilitiy on top of dance making her a huge part of the meta