All Hail the Dancing Manakete: New Banner Revealed

Vaximillian

It's revealed. FE7's Karel, Priscilla, Jaffar, Lucius, Rebecca, and Ninian join us tomorrow, along with a paralogue amd a set of quests.

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEW DANCER!  And new archer, sword guy, knife guy, horse healer, and blue mage (I hope).  Odin's getting lonely, and my Robins aren't exactly top-tier material. . .

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Calling it now, Ninian will be the first tanky Dancer, since she's a Manakete. Can't wait.

LOL, looks like I have to keep Marth and Julia in my arena team for a long long time.

Pretty sure that's a dragonstone to the left of Ninian, so there's very little doubt she'll probably be the first (And only?) Dragon Dancer we'll get. She'll probably be blue too, since she's an ice dragon. I was planning to save orbs for the Choose Your Legends focus summon, but as an avid dragon collector I cannot let this chance pass by. I will be going all out to get Ninian (Thankfully it looks like she'll be the only blue there, so controlled pulling should get me her rather reliably).

I'm actually thinking Ninian will be a Green Manakete, since right now only Fae is in that category. Keeps the Elibe Dragons united too lol. I suppose she'll have a lot of support effects aside from Dancing?

I wonder if they'll make a new Ice Breath for her. If so, that means she won't get Lighting Breath (Distant Counter, aka the best), but maybe they'll decide to give it a cool effect. Fae was a bit hard to use, since it's hard to get the full effects of her buffs when she's a one-tile attacker. But if Ninian has Dance, that'll make her more useful in general.

I also kinda want Priscilla though... Hrmm...

@Ryu Yuki When's the Choose Your Legends focus?

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm actually thinking Ninian will be a Green Manakete, since right now only Fae is in that category. Keeps the Elibe Dragons united too lol. I suppose she'll have a lot of support effects aside from Dancing?

I wonder if they'll make a new Ice Breath for her. If so, that means she won't get Lighting Breath (Distant Counter, aka the best), but maybe they'll decide to give it a cool effect. Fae was a bit hard to use, since it's hard to get the full effects of her buffs when she's a one-tile attacker. But if Ninian has Dance, that'll make her more useful in general.

I also kinda want Priscilla though... Hrmm...

@Ryu Yuki When's the Choose Your Legends focus?

Some time in the extremely vague and distant future. Intelligent Systems is doing their utter best to not tell us when it's coming. We do know it's coming for absolutely sure though. I plan on hunting the special Lucina and Roy when the time comes. A small part of me is hoping for a Manakete Roy since his implied mom (Ninian) is a dragon, but I'll try getting him even if that's not the case. 

Just now, Ryu Yuki said:

Some time in the extremely vague and distant future. Intelligent Systems is doing their utter best to not tell us when it's coming. We do know it's coming for absolutely sure though. I plan on hunting the special Lucina and Roy when the time comes. A small part of me is hoping for a Manakete Roy since his implied mom (Ninian) is a dragon, but I'll try getting him even if that's not the case. 

Gah, they're putting that out sometime in the future while tempting us with these good Focuses? I'm not made of money...

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

A small part of me is hoping for a Manakete Roy since his implied mom (Ninian) is a dragon, but I'll try getting him even if that's not the case. 

Me too! I'm so glad that I'm not the only who wants Manakete Roy! And Fire Emblem Heroes is the perfect setting for "What if" characters.

And assuming Ninian can dance as well as transform, this will mean we will get a tank dancer. Now, we're only missing a magic dancer. Maybe Lewyn? 

I'm worried about Lucius holding that staff. I want a GOOD chance of pulling Jaffar. Not a shitty one with 4 possible colourless pulls.

Idealy Karel is red.
Lucius for blue.
Ninian for green.
Rest is colourless.

Imma start sending dessidents to the gulags to butter favour with Stalin so he can reach down from the heavens to give me that Jaffar.

3 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

I'm worried about Lucius holding that staff.

I'm worried as well. Lucius was a damage dealer first and foremost and should be a blue tome user, not a staffbot.

Just now, Fei Mao said:

I wonder if there will be a part 2 and 3 for the FE7 Banner, I'd love to roll for Isadora and Louise.

This oh so much. Mostly Isadora, but Louise (along with Pent) is fine too.

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

I wonder if there will be a part 2 and 3 for the FE7 Banner, I'd love to roll for Isadora and Louise.

I want my Heath and Legault!  More wyverns is never a bad thing, and hearing Legault's voice will be rewarding enough!

30 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Me too! I'm so glad that I'm not the only who wants Manakete Roy! And Fire Emblem Heroes is the perfect setting for "What if" characters.

And assuming Ninian can dance as well as transform, this will mean we will get a tank dancer. Now, we're only missing a magic dancer. Maybe Lewyn? 

Yeah, if we're ever getting Manakete Roy, Heroes is the best chance to do so. Back in the day I thought it was really cool that he had a hidden hypothetical dragon form. I imagined it'd have a nice Fire/Ice theme to go with it due to Ninian being an Ice Dragon and Eliwood/Roy being associated with fire a lot. It was a pretty obscure and niche idea though, I didn't think many others beside me would be too interested in it. I'm also glad that someone else wants the same thing, I don't feel like too much of a fringe faction anymore. 

Edited by Ryu Yuki

I'm a bit disappointed that Lucius seems to be a staff unit, I would have hoped light magic would go under blue tomes. It would have been cool to have a damage unit that just have the basic heal as a support skill too. Though if they add some new more damage focused staffs I forgive them.

And I won't lie, I wish there had been some more Tellius since it's the only games with just one character (barring gaiden). I'll try one pull for this focus but then it's back to saving orbs for me.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I'm worried as well. Lucius was a damage dealer first and foremost and should be a blue tome user, not a staffbot.

Not the first time, Julia would have made more sense as a red tome (since she had a better fire rank), and Lachesis was clearly not staff material.

This banner is a good start to adding new cast to Heroes. However, the current slow rate of new characters means we won't get every FE character into Heroes for years to come.

I'm still going to hold on to my orbs for when most of the FE7 and FE8 cast is finally released. Over 100 saved up so far.

Edited by Raven

Just now, Sartek said:

Not the first time, Julia would have made more sense as a red tome (since she had a better fire rank), and Lachesis was clearly not staff material.

Julia's iconic weapon (Naga) is a light tome, not fire. Red also includes dark in-game, so it makes no sense for Julia.
Staff bot Lachesis though I'll never forgive them for.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Julia's iconic weapon (Naga) is a light tome, not fire. Red also includes dark in-game, so it makes no sense for Julia.
Staff bot Lachesis though I'll never forgive them for.

Light tome seems to have no definite color (since Linde is blue and Aura is clearly a light tome). They chose green because they gave her wind tomes as low-level weapons when she should be more fire-inclined.

Edited by Sartek

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This oh so much. Mostly Isadora, but Louise (along with Pent) is fine too.

I like you, here's hoping for her addition later on.

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I want my Heath and Legault!  More wyverns is never a bad thing, and hearing Legault's voice will be rewarding enough!

Definitely!

ninian and jaffar were the two characters I wanted to be added the most. very happy about this.

lucius being a staff user disappoints me though, he was pretty much my best combat unit 

Edited by unique

14 minutes ago, Sartek said:

Light tome seems to have no definite color (since Linde is blue and Aura is clearly a light tome). They chose green because they gave her wind tomes as low-level weapons when she should be more fire-inclined.

I'll repeat myself, not only fire is red in Heroes. Dark is too. Lumping a light-based Julia together with dark mages isn't a good idea.
Linde is blue, and Fae (whose weapon is explicitly called Light Breath) is green. Can it be that green light magic is draconic in origin?

Edited by Vaximillian

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I'll repeat myself, not only fire is red in Heroes. Dark is too.

Nope. Odin is blue. And he's a dark mage. So it's not really like that.

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I'll repeat myself, not only fire is red in Heroes. Dark is too. Bundling a light-based Julia together with dark mages isn't a good idea.
Linde is blue, and Fae (whose weapon is explicitly called Light Breath) is green. Can it be that green light magic is draconic in origin?

Odin is a dark mage and yet is a blue tome (granted his weapon doesn't scream "dark magic") and both Y!Tiki and Nowi start have Fire breath as a low level weapon (despite one of them being a blue unit).

Edit: Beaten.

And even Fae "start" with a Fire breath and is yet another color.

Edited by Sartek