Analysing the family emblems

Ever since the European/American official site launched a few days ago, I was interested in the emblems behind the Alm and Celica Amiibo.

For your convenience here are the five emblems separated out:

echoes-five-crests.jpg

These are the same emblems that appeared on the HD Movie Collection cover, but at the time we weren't 100% sure they were all from Echoes.

I'll start with the easy one. The lion in bottom-right corner is the Rigelian Empire's emblem. You can see it in their flag, on Rudolf's armour etc. It's also very similar to the Valmese Empire's emblem, which I'm sure is on purpose.

echoes-zofia-castle.png

echoes-alm-army.png

The next easy one is the tree-like emblem in the bottom-left corner. I am pretty sure this is Zofia's emblem. It appears on the Zofian king's throne and above the fireplace in Mycen's home. In addition, part of it is used for the Deliverance's flag (aka the Zofian liberation army).

Unless I've got an active imagination, I believe this is a reference to the Mila Tree in Awakening.

echoes-mila-pray.png

echoes-mila-shrine.png

Next is the one in the top-left corner, which I think is the symbol of the Mila faith. You can see it below a Mila statue and along the floors of a Mila-esque building.

Celica's tiara seems to feature the top part of this symbol, which would make sense since she's a Priestess of Mila.

The other two emblems I'm unsure of. The middle one is used in the profiles for Alm and Celica on the website, but no context is given. At the least, it's not Rigel, Zofia or Mila. Since it has two swords and part of Mila's symbol in the middle, maybe it's Alm and Celica's army?

Finally, the ominous-looking symbol in the top-right corner I'm guessing is Duma's symbol.

Anyway, it's not super important info, but I thought some people might be interested ^^

Edited by VincentASM

About the middle emblem; on the official site that one is used on Celica's profile, but there is another version of it for Alm's profile. It still has the same outline, but instead of a french lily its a cross-like shape in the middle of it. You can see that the background alternates between the two of them too.

So I think it might just be Alm and Celica's personal symbols? With the other emblems being the personal symbols for Rigel/Zofia and Duma/Mila.

31 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

About the middle emblem; on the official site that one is used on Celica's profile, but there is another version of it for Alm's profile. It still has the same outline, but instead of a french lily its a cross-like shape in the middle of it. You can see that the background alternates between the two of them too.

So I think it might just be Alm and Celica's personal symbols? With the other emblems being the personal symbols for Rigel/Zofia and Duma/Mila.

You're right, I see it now. I was wondering why the same emblem seemed to repeat far too often on the background--it's two separate, but very similar-looking emblems XD

Yup, that sounds logical. They're even the same shape as the brands on their hands.

16649049_1859082260974915_17971030597553

These are probably going to be the army symbols. You know, like the ones used for the various factions in Fates. The images near Alm and Celica will represent their own forces for each of them. The lion will represent Rudolf's Rigelian army, the symbol above the lion will represent the armed forces of Duma's religion a.k.a. the army of Judah's followers (because you never fight Hark) and the tree will represent the Zofian royal army a.k.a. the forces that follow Desaix. However, the presence of the flower symbol makes me curious. Is it merely a symbol or are we going to fight the armed forces of Mila's religion at some point?

So yeah. I think that these are the symbols for Alm and Celica's armies as well as both the secular and the religious armies of both Rigel and Zofia, for a total of six symbols.

Also, I like how Alm's symbol has the same "four pointed symbol" motif as one of the Rigelian symbols. Nice foreshadowing there. Additionally, is the similarity between the secular and the religious Zofian symbols and the difference between their Rigelian counterparts supposed to imply that the secular and the religious leaders of Rigel keep their spheres of influence separate while their Zofian counterparts work together much more often? If so, then it is no wonder that the plan to free Valentia of Duma and Mila's extremism originated with the leader of Rigel's secular faction. Oh, and the marks on the shields for Alm and Celica's symbols are both derived from Rigel and Zofia's religious faction respectively. Nice.

Additionally, I like how those rows of symbols have rows where one of every two symbols is one of the religious ones while each of the secular symbols appears once in every group of four at fixed intervals and how they are always separated by the religious symbol of a given row, as if each faith forces the two nations apart even by itself let alone while both exist but the faiths themselves never mix. And it works in the exact same way not just horizontally but vertically as well.

Meanwhile, the rows of Alm and Celica's symbols have only these two symbols in them and none of the other four, all the while each symbol comes after the other. And this works both horizontally and vertically.

And then there is the order of the symbols when looked at diagonally. In short, this arrangement of symbols is a very nice touch.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

Yep I think the lion is the Rigelian symbol. It's on the boxart. Here's a pic for reference so that you can add it to your post if you want. For some reason, it's not being posted on this comment, so I'll just post the link. I'm afraid it may be too big though.

Here's the URL just in case you want it : http://www.nintenderos.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia.jpg