Echoes Short Dungeon Pax East Videos

Just now, The DanMan said:

Best buddy? Welp, if that isn't a sign of coming a long way...

We have? I think you're the bee's knees for the most part.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

8-4 in general has a mixed track record-- you can find oodles of stuff on Tales of Hearts R and the first Gunvolt game (which actually received a re-translation due to fan backlash). But they were also pretty good on Shadow Dragon and the second Gunvolt game. It really largely depends on whether or not you let them loose-- hopefully we get SD and not Awakening here.

I really rather like Awakening's localization and consider it a vast improvement over many earlier entries. I'll definitely have a look later at what you've said though, of course.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

We have? I think you're the bee's knees for the most part.

I really rather like Awakening's localization and consider it a vast improvement over many earlier entries. I'll definitely have a look later at what you've said though, of course.

Eh, just remembering late 2015/early where I was getting tired of the same ol' complaints about Fates and was lashing out a bit... .

And the series almost always has had some localization issue-- PoR cut Maniac mode and put in easy mode and Radiant Dawn removed an entire alternative script that was used for harder modes and fleshed out the antagonists (while misnaming the difficulties-- normal/hard/maniac became easy/normal/hard). Honestly, I think those were worse than anything in Awakening or Fates, because they directly effected the main gameplay.

10 minutes ago, ClassyWolf said:

Could you elaborate more on this?

I mostly curious because I have little experince with their work on localization outside of FE, since I think shadow dragon was well localized and the main story of awakening I thought they did well enough, not necessarily disagreeing with what you criticise about the support conversations since I think there are those in awakeing that could have been done better.

Again I draw a lot of assumptions about them due to my limited experince with their work, I have seen a lot of people elsewhere complaining about them, and am slightly curious where it comes from.

For Awakening specifically I'd need to do some refreshing-- Fates mostly soured me on criticizing game localizations. Tales of Hearts R I haven't played, but have read some about, but I have a rant on Azure Striker Gunvolt saved if you're so interested. In general though, I think I'm taking things off-topic a bit.

Haha I really like that there will be comments just before entering the skirmish. This will be certainly one way to flesh out the characters even more. The more I see of this game the more I want it.

23 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

Haha I really like that there will be comments just before entering the skirmish. This will be certainly one way to flesh out the characters even more. The more I see of this game the more I want it.

In this case, we know that Boey is afraid of Terrors and Mae only views them as target practice.

1 minute ago, escotanner said:

In this case, we know that Boey is afraid of Terrors and Mae only views them as target practice.

Mae is a girl after my own heart. She can kick my ass and she's got pigtails.

Please don't take this post too seriously, I'm bored and tired out of my mind.

the attack animations are so much more fun to watch here than in most of the other games

it feel so much more like the characters are actually moving rather than just repeating the same movements over and over

it manages to be somewhat realistic while also really fun to watch i love it

i also really like the voice acting, it feels really natural

Edited by unique

1 minute ago, unique said:

would the preparations music in this video be the first original music from this game we've heard?

we don't get to hear much of it but it's something

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is original. I've heard all the songs in Gaiden and none of it sounds like this one.

Hearing more of Mae's voice now, I can say with full confidence that she is voiced by Cherami Leigh (inb4 it's someone else).

Actually now that I think about it I wonder how many variation of comments your party can make, like each character has one unique comment per pair? Can there be more than 2 persons talk to each other before a skirmish? Will there be a similar log book that'll record these exchanges or is it all random? AAH so many questions! I need more answers!

22 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:

Wow, I just love that. This game is looking better every time something leaks.

It's not leaking; it's from Pax East, isn't it?

Also, it wouldn't be strange if they needed an original tune for the preparation screen since Gaiden didn't have one.

Edited by Thane

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Okay, now I think Mae sounds like Erin Fitzgerald. I suck at this recognizing voices thing.

Mae sounds like it's either Cherami Leigh or Erin Fitzgerald. Though, Erin has a very distinct "excited, youthful" pitch for some of her female roles. It sounds kind of like her Chie, but less obnoxious?

3 minutes ago, KazeNinja17 said:

Mae sounds like it's either Cherami Leigh or Erin Fitzgerald. Though, Erin has a very distinct "excited, youthful" pitch for some of her female roles. It sounds kind of like her Chie, but less obnoxious?

The thing is Erin's Chie sounds like a less obnoxious Chie in Persona Q, and very similar to Mae here. I don't know who Cherami Leigh is though, and I apparently suck at this, so what do I know.

8 minutes ago, KazeNinja17 said:

It's not Erin-- listening to Caeda's voice clips in Heroes right now and really starting to think it's Cherami.

Edited by The DanMan

19 minutes ago, Thane said:

The thing is Erin's Chie sounds like a less obnoxious Chie in Persona Q, and very similar to Mae here. I don't know who Cherami Leigh is though, and I apparently suck at this, so what do I know.

Yeah. Erin did seem to tone down her Chie for PQ. And Cherami Leigh is mostly known for Asuna from Sword Art Online. She's also going to be Makoto (I believe) in Persona 5. (Originally said she was going to be Morgana, but that's Cassandra Lee Morris.)

16 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It's not Erin-- listening to Caeda's voice clips in Heroes and really starting to think it's Cherami.

I wasn't making a claim that it wasn't Erin. I agree with you that Mae sounds more like Cherami than Erin.

Edited by KazeNinja17

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Okay, now I think Mae sounds like Erin Fitzgerald. I suck at this recognizing voices thing.

Cherami Leigh is who it sounds like to me. If you dont know who that is, Lucy from the Fairy Tail dub, Asuna from SAO. Shida, Caeda, and Gwendolyn from Fire Emblem Heroes. Ilia from RWBY. Most of her work is in anime, but she has done a few video games too. Pretty good VA.

So far based on speculation I would say Echoes has a really good cast. I think someone pointed out that Vic Mignogna might be doing the voice of one of the characters, forgot who though.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Mae is a girl after my own heart. She can kick my ass and she's got pigtails.

Please don't take this post too seriously, I'm bored and tired out of my mind.

What wrong with voicing your own opinion on a wifu why are fans so uptight about that. And Mae is Asuna VA you can't mistake her voice for anything.

Edited by mikethepokemaster

On 3/14/2017 at 8:34 AM, ClassyWolf said:

Is it already known who does the localization?

Sorry if you already know, but 8-4 was confirmed to be the localization team.

17 hours ago, mikethepokemaster said:

So Alm has a mini harem since in the original Palla had a thing for him, so she was the token fly girl who can't get the MC because of reasons. Seem like Fyae might be the childhood who won't get the MC because Alm is already in love with Celica. Visual look great and the voice acting on point. I am going to miss Avatar units but I guess it for best.

This is weird to me because Palla isn't in Alm's party in the original unless she dies and Alm resurrects her. Do you mean Clair? Her initial design and concept was supposed to be Catria 2.0 I believe.

24 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Cherami Leigh is who it sounds like to me. If you dont know who that is, Lucy from the Fairy Tail dub, Asuna from SAO. Shida, Caeda, and Gwendolyn from Fire Emblem Heroes. Ilia from RWBY. Most of her work is in anime, but she has done a few video games too. Pretty good VA.

So far based on speculation I would say Echoes has a really good cast. I think someone pointed out that Vic Mignogna might be doing the voice of one of the characters, forgot who though.

If Vic Mignogna is in the game, I can see him being Kamui. Or Gray.