Echoes Short Dungeon Pax East Videos

1 hour ago, Tryhard said:

Usually they have good quality scans out by Wednesdays, right?

I also saw this, but not sure if there's anything interesting in it:
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20010675.html

Always take my translations with a grain of salt, but it seem like they're discussing unit movement(?) and Faye. In their tweet, they're also talking about Berukuto alongside Faye as new characters.

The only thing I can read of the Famitsu article itself is "support(ing) Alm and Celica - new power(s) and friends". Seeing as it's a picture of a few of the early game units, I'll assume we'll get an introduction to them, like I suspected. Funnily enough, however, Boey and Mae aren't there, and there's a blond guy who I don't recognize. The girl on the right is definitely Silque though..

Edit: looks like the blond guy might be Clive.

Edited by Thane

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

Usually they have good quality scans out by Wednesdays, right?

I also saw this, but not sure if there's anything interesting in it:
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20010675.html

From google translate:
"System
· Difficulty setting
Two kinds of "normal" "hard" can be selected at the beginning of the game.
Battle rules are prepared for "classic" where exhausted friends do not resurrect and "casual" to restore if clearing the map.

· Miller's gear
By using it during the battle, it is possible to unwind the movement of the unit one by one.

There is a limit on the number of uses, so abuse is not permitted."

Skipping to new stuff:
"Character appearance (2 people are new characters)

· VERACT (CV: Tatsuo Suzuki)
A nephew of the Rigel Empire, an aristocrat who emphasizes her identity.
Dozey handed over the coup of the Kingdom of Sofia, such as to betray it.

· Effie (CV: Atsumi Tenzaki)
Alm 's childhood friend. Participate in the liberation army with the desire to stay by Alm.

Early weapons are villagers.
"

8 minutes ago, Thane said:

I'm a bit worried about Nosferatu being 60 hit and the seemingly low growths, but we've seen too little to jump to any conclusions.

Holy crap, it got buffed, believe it or not (used to be 50).

Considering that magic disregarded terrain and no one had res, any more hit and your healers would be incredibly, incredibly potent early game. Also, that spell was one of the few (only one?) that didn't cost HP to use. Since healing also costed your healer's life, low hit nos prevented them from healing 4 days reliably.

Low growths are pretty cool  though, when characters promote to the class floor. It encourages aggressive promotion.

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

· Effie (CV: Atsumi Tenzaki)
Alm 's childhood friend. Participate in the liberation army with the desire to stay by Alm.

I didn't even have time to get that far down! Hahaha.

Also, I smell a love triangle a-brewin'.

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Early weapons are villagers."

Brutal.

Holy crap, it got buffed, believe it or not (used to be 50).

Well aware, buddy, well aware. I'm just not a fan of the static spell hit chances at all.

Edited by Thane

1 minute ago, Thane said:

I didn't even have time to get that far down! Hahaha.

Also, I smell a love triangle a-brewin'.

Brutal.

Heh-- missed that. Despite their recent improvements, Google Translate still is Google Translate.

Yeah the post says you can use "Mila's Gear" to unwind the movement of units, and it's a treasure carried by Silque - its uses are limited, so that explains that gear icon with the three next to it in the recent screenshots and why it appeared in later Chapter One stuff instead of earlier. Interesting. Celica's group seems to have a version of it too; must be like a thirty day Mila Priestess token. Also, the screenshots do show that two portraits can stand next to each other (I remember that being someone's concern since they're more front facing than Awakening/Fates's side facing) - there's one with Kliff and Lukas, and another with our new black-haired Rigellian guy (a nephew of the Emperor?) and Dozer chatting.

EDIT: @The DanMan, I meant the screenshots in the scan.

Edited by MattOfValentia

46 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Lol this makes the gamefaqs argument from a couple days ago over whether or not Genny was a loli all the funnier.
Saber sounds like Jade Curtis Kurt Thornton. And Celica is definitely Laura Bailey.

Actually, judging from the previous trailer, Celica is either Erica Lindbeck or Cherami Leigh. Saber seems to be Keith Silverstein actually. 

Speaking of voice acting, Kamui seems to be Bryce Papenbrook and Leon seems to be Lucien Dodge.

8 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Actually, judging from the previous trailer, Celica is either Erica Lindbeck or Cherami Leigh. Saber seems to be Keith Silverstein actually. 

Speaking of voice acting, Kamui seems to be Bryce Papenbrook and Leon seems to be Lucien Dodge.

Ah. Similar ranges and such-- threw me off.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Do you guys think Mae's voice actress is Hunter MacKenzie Austin? She sounds a lot like Nowi to me.

Wouldn't be surprised, since VO recording for this and Heroes was probably done at around the same time.

The PAX videos look awesome. It's good to see what Lukas and Faye and the rest of Celica's army looks like. I think I did heard Faye speaking that it sounded a lot like Stephanie Sheh's voice.

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Hello darkness my old friend...

I've come to talk with you again...

Uh, you yourself said your translations weren't that great-- and the "Google Translate" part was talking about my copy-pasting it into there. No offense was meant.

Just now, The DanMan said:

Uh, you yourself said your translations weren't that great-- and the "Google Translate" part was talking about my copy-pasting it into there. No offense was meant.

Danny mah boi, it was a joke. No offense was taken.

Although I'd like to point out that I didn't translate any of what you linked; I checked the title of the article and then what I could read from the two pages of the magazine itself. 

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Danny mah boi, it was a joke. No offense was taken.

Although I'd like to point out that I didn't translate any of what you linked; I checked the title of the article and then what I could read from the two pages of the magazine itself. 

I should really put "This forum user is sarcasm blind" back in my sig.

And sorry for not looking closer at your post-- considering your response to mine was "I hadn't gotten that far", I just figured that you'd done some early translation of the snippet yourself.

8 minutes ago, SecondWorld said:

This game just looks so good. It seems like we're getting evidence of the game being fully voiced which I really hope is the case.

they've said multiple times that it will be

Is it already known who does the localization?

I'm just wondering because a lot of what is heard of the script in the videos I like (e.g Alms monologue when entering the dungeon), and some of it made me cringe (like Maes action and level up quotes), don't take me wrong, if you like it that's fine, but it's not quite for my tastes.

And no I don't think it's going to be dreadful yet, due to the fact that far too little has been revealed so far. Most of my concerns comes from the fact that I didn't think that Fates had that great of a localization (in its script), I know why localization is necessary, due to the fact that some things can be lost in translation due to linguistic differences as a more obvious example, and am in no way against it, but I hope it still be agreed that there is a difference in good and bad localization.

Otherwise, I can still say I'm exited about Echoes, I really enjoyed Gaiden with all it's flaws, and I think I will enjoy SoV, can't wait till it's released.

Edited by ClassyWolf
spelling

Looks fantastic. Supports, forging, new mechanics such as food and hopefully third tiers will all add up to make another great installment...potentially even better than fates and awakening. Hell, if the supports are good and the story re imagined to be a deep and interesting one this might even top my favorite fire emblem game of all time (path of radiance). I just hope it plays as great as it looks!!

3 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

Looks fantastic. Supports, forging, new mechanics such as food and hopefully third tiers will all add up to make another great installment...potentially even better than fates and awakening. Hell, if the supports are good and the story re imagined to be a deep and interesting one this might even top my favorite fire emblem game of all time (path of radiance). I just hope it plays as great as it looks!!

there's really no need for a "hopefully", there will definitely be third tiers

not having third tiers would be like if they remade fe4 and there were no skills