Let's have fun with "What If-s"

Big Smoke

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

That would be scary as all heck...although we all know that Chrom isn't who Tharja likes best so...

What if Henry was Robin's brother?

Then Robin, Henry and Aversa would become a trio of legendary white haired siblings who roam the land in search of fame and adventure! They would also probably get their own sitcom at some point, so we'd have that to look forward to. (Sage of Ylisse just replied, I'll keep this answer anyway)

8 minutes ago, Sage of Ylisse said:

What if Sumia could Marry Lon'qu?

Then we'd have two children who can reach a natural +7 speed modifier without the Avatar's input. That would be amazing.

What if instead of being an ideal hero, Chrom inherited his father's tyrannical worldview?

Chrom would still be justified, though He'd have to kill Robin. I mean Grima is hellbent on obliterating everything. So if anything, The game probably would have ended at chapter 13 after the hierophant is revealed to be future Robin/Grima or even sooner.

What if Anna could marry Chrom?

Ylisse would be in SO much debt, and so needed more money by the time Valm invaded, leading to the Fire Emblem being sold and the end of the worldOR be in such a good economic state that they wouldn't bother talking to Plegia before invading Valm.

What if Marth was taken instead of Elise?

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I have no idea as to how to answer that one.  Would be interesting to see it though.

What if Corrin/Kamui was more like Robin with even less story impact?

Then nobody would notice if Garon killed him

What if Owain was in a Shakespeare play?

Ophelia would've been born instead.

What if Robin had siblings with varying loyalties? (An idea I'd had for humanizing Robin long before Fates was even announced)

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

What if Cynthia wasn't so freaking stupid and actually was trying to kick her paralogue boss's arse for impersonating Chrom?

Then she wouldn't be my least liked 2nd gen unit.

What if defeated risen would rise up again, at the rate of one per turn, with a minimum cooldown of 5 turns per risen? (after one is killed the first time, it can't get up until at least 5 turns later).

Edited by Slyfox

49 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Likely it would decrease time spent grinding on one hand but increase time spent per map instead.

What if Chrom's other children (aka Lucina's siblings) had access to the Lord class?

That would be kind of weird... I can't imagine Cynthia or Kjelle having the kind of poise or grace to make the female lord animations work. Likewise, I can't see Inigo, Brady, or Morgan convincingly pulling off Chrom's lord animations. I will say though, Inigo could totally rock Lucina's female lord animations, being the smooth mofo he is.

Also...

On 3/19/2017 at 9:16 PM, Taxon said:

Then we'd have two children who can reach a natural +7 speed modifier without the Avatar's input. That would be amazing.

Just occurred to me that this makes no sense. For some reason I was working under the assumption that Lon'qu would marry both Sumia and Panne in the same playthrough. Sadly Lon'qu isn't that kind of guy...

With this in mind, what if polygamy were possible in the game?

3 hours ago, MeddlingMage said:

What if Chrom could Cordelia?  How happy would she be?

I think that in the end she wouldn't be.  Just because you obsess over someone doesn't lead to a happy ending, more often then not it ends poorly

3 hours ago, Bandido Banderas said:

What if Galeforce was a major plot point?

That would mean not much, especially since Galeforce is the best skill in Awakening.

What if Awakening wasn't set in medieval times and set in modern times?

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

What if Awakening wasn't set in medieval times and set in modern times?

Robin would still be a military tactician. Lissa and Emmeryn would work in a hospital. Gaius would probably become a slightly overweight confectioner due to lack of exercise from living in the city. Tharja would get committed to a high security psychiatric facility for the rest of her life once word of her stalking and child abuse reached the police. Cordelia would be undergoing therapy to help cope with her obsession over a famous prince. Aversa would marry a rich business tycoon and smother him to death with a pillow a week later. Henry would be a successful traveling comedian known for his morbid sense of humor. Maribelle would be a lawyer. Vaike would own a gym. Old Hubba would be pestering female cleaners in the retirement home. Virion would have his own reality TV show. Inigo would become a world class male stripper. Owain would be an anime writer. And Brady would probably just be an unemployed student.

What if Morgan was a viable host for Grima, but they also possessed divine blood (as the child of any Ylissean royals or a manakete)?

18 minutes ago, Taxon said:

Robin would still be a military tactician. Lissa and Emmeryn would work in a hospital. Gaius would probably become a slightly overweight confectioner due to lack of exercise from living in the city. Tharja would get committed to a high security psychiatric facility for the rest of her life once word of her stalking and child abuse reached the police. Cordelia would be undergoing therapy to help cope with her obsession over a famous prince. Aversa would marry a rich business tycoon and smother him to death with a pillow a week later. Henry would be a successful traveling comedian known for his morbid sense of humor. Maribelle would be a lawyer. Vaike would own a gym. Old Hubba would be pestering female cleaners in the retirement home. Virion would have his own reality TV show. Inigo would become a world class male stripper. Owain would be an anime writer. And Brady would probably just be an unemployed student.

What if Morgan was a viable host for Grima, but they also possessed divine blood (as the child of any Ylissean royals or a manakete)?

That would be interesting.

What if Morgan was actually Robin's sibling?

Then Morgan is 100% confirmed to have a father/mother complex that see needs a therapist to work out.

What if Phila was secretly a bloodthirsty supernatural entity that only appears human due to some really complex magic, and the likable parts (in universe) to her are an act?

Edited by Emperor Petitt

15 hours ago, Taxon said:

With this in mind, what if polygamy were possible in the game?

I suppose the optimal pairing for a speed overkill Morgan would be Lon'qu!Cynthia or Lon'qu!Yarne.

What if Lucina disguised herself as Marth's sister Elise instead?