Let's have fun with "What If-s"

Big Smoke

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

What if Grima was a sensible Destroyer of Worlds and, instead of poking its head around its own backside while you charge across it in midflight, just did a barrel-roll? 

He would still be killed by Chrom and Robin, as well as Cherche, Sumia, Cynthia, Cordelia, and anyone else that has enough sense to reclass to a Flying class (i.e. has access to one, meaning that most of the cast could technically survive, as well as Chrom being saved from falling to his death by most of the people he supports with. Robin can be saved by literally anyone, if not in a flying class themselves.)

What if Priam was recruited with Lon'qu?(that is, he was also somehow beaten by Lucina whilst clearly being a better combatant?)

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

He would still be killed by Chrom and Robin, as well as Cherche, Sumia, Cynthia, Cordelia, and anyone else that has enough sense to reclass to a Flying class (i.e. has access to one, meaning that most of the cast could technically survive, as well as Chrom being saved from falling to his death by most of the people he supports with. Robin can be saved by literally anyone, if not in a flying class themselves.)

What if Priam was recruited with Lon'qu?(that is, he was also somehow beaten by Lucina whilst clearly being a better combatant?)

That wouldn't happen ever.  Unless Priam was a gynophobe like Lon'qu.

What if Robin had limited supports (e.g Chrom, Sumia, Lissa, Morgan, Lucina and their child)?

18 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

That wouldn't happen ever.  Unless Priam was a gynophobe like Lon'qu.

What if Robin had limited supports (e.g Chrom, Sumia, Lissa, Morgan, Lucina and their child)?

Then there would be two characters who can't support their crushes in this game, also the robinsexuals would become even more lonely 

Also the characters you suggested would force Female Robin to be marry Chrom and I doubt Chrom will be happy with male Robin as he will either take his daughter, his sister or his default wife 

Edited by Mackc2

3 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

Then there would be two characters who can't support their crushes in this game, also the robinsexuals would become even more lonely 

Also the characters you suggested would force Female Robin to be marry Chrom and I doubt Chrom will be happy with male Robin as he will either take his daughter, his sister or his default wife 

It was an example only!

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

What if Walhart decided to invade through Plegia first?

Validar wouldn't risk losing the Emblem, so he would smugly attempt to resist without Ylisse or Regna Ferox. Cue asskicking.

What if Basilio had won the tournament?

IMO the best "what if" would be...

In Chapter 9, when asked if you want to save Emmeryn at the end of Chapter 9, if you pick "No", the game progresses as normal, but when you reach Chapter 23 and trigger the cutscene, the game will end in a Bad End, as the Avatar completes their transformation into Grima. If you pick "Yes" in Chapter 9, the Avatar resists Grima's influence and the story continues as usual.

It'd have been pretty nice, and would require some adjustments in the plot, but they'd never do it, because people would rage at a bad end after having played through so much of the game. However, the plot adjustments would be minor and pretty much restricted to the Avatar.

That would not be the best what if at all.  Plus if the devs did that it would make some fans really, really pissed.  I know that if they pulled that shit I would have returned the game just for that reason alone.

What if Sumia didn't have such a limited pool to marry from (i.e she has more choice then Robin, Henry, Chrom, Gaius and Frederick)?

Edited by TheSilentChloey

1 minute ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Then Lucina could have a lot of different mothers and Chrom would have a lot more waifus to choose from.

What if Morgan was important to the story?

I think that'd be the Future Past DLC, except not evil

6 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

What if lon'qu was afraid of men instead of women?

It would mean that his support conversations would take a different turn.

What if Ferderick had a limited support pool?

17 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

What if Ferderick had a limited support pool?

I'd probably use him even less than normaly, to be honest.

Don't know if this has been asked before, but what if Robin had to actually earn the Shepherd's trust instead of having Chrom be Chrom and inmediately trust him over a tiny skrimish worth of scratches that "proved him to be trustworthy"? I mean man, Katarina kind of went through seven prologues or something to get to be next to Marth. I really wonder what would the first chapters be like if everyone had as much wearyness as Frederick does.

9 minutes ago, Zelith said:

I'd probably use him even less than normaly, to be honest.

Don't know if this has been asked before, but what if Robin had to actually earn the Shepherd's trust instead of having Chrom be Chrom and inmediately trust him over a tiny skrimish worth of scratches that "proved him to be trustworthy"? I mean man, Katarina kind of went through seven prologues or something to get to be next to Marth. I really wonder what would the first chapters be like if everyone had as much wearyness as Frederick does.

Then their supports would be much more interesting, 

what if chrom didn't have lucina?

Just now, DisobeyedCargo said:

what if chrom didn't have lucina?

Then... then it's pretty probable the game would end just like Lucina's timeline, 'cause she wouldn't exist to go back in time to try and prevent it.

What if Tharja didn't stalk Robin?

5 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Then I would have less reason to dislike her.

What if Lissa had a limited support pool?

Then I would have less reason to use her.

what if Stalh was Frederick's son. (Just tell me I am the only one who thinks they look very similar!)

1 hour ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Then I would have less reason to use her.

what if Stalh was Frederick's son. (Just tell me I am the only one who thinks they look very similar!)

Then technically he should be a child unit.

What if Tharja had a limited support pool?

6 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Then technically he should be a child unit.

What if Tharja had a limited support pool?

Then i would use aversa instead.

what if Tharja could NOT support the avatar, but still retained the obsession with them? 

6 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Then i would use aversa instead.

what if Tharja could NOT support the avatar, but still retained the obsession with them? 

That would be great!

What if Gaius had a limited support pool?

He'd be a better character, because you could cut-out all the empty filler conversations where he does nothing but remind you "I want candy!" And focus down to the serious character-building ones, like Gaius x Maribelle.

What if Basilio was voiced by Samuel L. Jackson?

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

He'd be a better character, because you could cut-out all the empty filler conversations where he does nothing but remind you "I want candy!" And focus down to the serious character-building ones, like Gaius x Maribelle.

What if Basilio was voiced by Samuel L. Jackson?

Then the game would be rated M. Also, he would have a purple Prf axe called Bad Mothafucka.

11 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Then the game would be rated M. Also, he would have a purple Prf axe called Bad Mothafucka.

...that perfectly-timed "SURPRISE MUTHAFUCKA!" when he reveals how he faked his death though...

Edited by Shoblongoo

12 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

...that perfectly-timed "SURPRISE MUTHAFUCKA!" when he reveals how he faked his death though...

I think I'll stick with how it normally is.

What if Walhart beat Chrom? (Not sure if this one's been asked or not)