What is the character you are waiting for?

Ewwgene

What are the characters which you are saving your orbs for? And will be willing to spend Real Cash on them?

As i have never play Fire Emblem before, I only managed to roughly understand the story-line of a few series through Cut-scenes in Youtube and Wiki.

So after watching all the cut-scene, Ike became one of my favorite sword user.

And my current team does not have a good Red Sword Lord so i really hope that Ike will be released as a red unit.  Prepared $1000 cash for him.

Do share with me if you know any Cool Looking Sword Lord in FE. :D

Edited by Ewwgene

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

CYL version of Lyn. Currently have 323 Orbs stockpiled at the time of writing.

Good heavens. I thought the CYL characters would be like the Grand Hero Battles, but if they're Summons, then I better get started stockpiling for Roy. I do applaud your commitment, though. Do we know when we're getting the CYL characters, by the way?

I think I want Velouria most of all, currently assuming Beaststones will just be like the Dragonstone-users in Heroes(don't recall seeing any Beaststone-users during playthroughs, correct me if I'm wrong), but I'll go for Noire too.

For a Sword character(They're all Red just so you know) I'd say I've been pretty happy with Lyn - can't say anything about Roy yet as I haven't got him to 5S so he's kind of lagging in comparison because RIP Binding Blade - but Lucina is another decent Sword Unit to try and pick up and train. I've also been pretty happy with the Whitewing Palla, but the Archer weakness might make her a less-than-perfect choice.

Edited by SoulWeaver

Just now, SoulWeaver said:

Good heavens. I thought the CYL characters would be like the Grand Hero Battles, but if they're Summons, then I better get started stockpiling for Roy. I do applaud your commitment, though.

For a Sword character(They're all Red just so you know) I'd say I've been pretty happy with Lyn - can't say anything about Roy yet as I haven't got him to 5S so he's kind of lagging in comparison because RIP Binding Blade - but Lucina is another decent Sword Unit to try and pick up and train. I've also been pretty happy with the Whitewing Palla, but the Archer weakness might make her a less-than-perfect choice.

I like Lyn as a unit but I wish for mine to be able to do more since I got a +HP/-Spd one after going through the trouble of rerolling for her.

CYL Focus: what's likely going to happen:

The good news is that you'd probably pull several different 5-star red units if you focus on red orbs.

Bad news is that if drawing for a specific unit, it may be a challenge. Like I can randomly draw regular Lyn (hope for a better one if this happens!) instead of CYL Lyn.

And yes, all of those 323 Orbs are obtained through gameplay and in-game events; none of them came from microtransactions. I've only spent 46 Orbs total (20 for a single pull and 26 for a fully upgraded castle), also obtained through means that do not involve spending actual cash.

IS better make Micaiah a proper mage, not another let-down like Lucius.

They should give her Thani (bonus vs. armor) as well as access to Rauðrwolf, Ardent Sacrifice, Renewal and Threaten Attack.
That's very similar to Fae...

Ike's skill set will likely include Distant Counter, Sol->Aether, and perhaps Seal Speed.

Edited by Directive Mayhem

Choose Your Legends event, which was that pre-release popularity poll for Fire Emblem Heroes back in late January. Ike and Lyn won the polls for the male and female categories respectively and Roy and Lucina (the 2nd place winners) joined the winners as Nintendo's way of thanking for the huge turnout (over 1.2M votes total in the poll).

As winners, Ike, Lyn, Roy, and Lucina will have special costume versions of them available as drops in the gacha at some point in the future. No idea when though since there's not even a single detail on the development process shared currently on Twitter.

Edited by Roflolxp54

3 minutes ago, Ewwgene said:

This may sound stupid to everyone but what is CYL?

"Choose Your Legends", the popularity contest that took place recently where people voted to determine whether Lyn or Lucina would be the official fanbase waifu. In an unsurprising twist, we were allowed to have both of them.

There was also a male division too.

Mostly waiting for Tellius in general (where my boy Haar at), but I'd be pretty happy with Magvel as well. I'm not super picky about which characters as I like quite a few of them, but I would really like for more than just one or two representatives from those continents (so far we only have Sanaki from Tellius and Eirika/Ephraim from Magvel). 

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

CYL version of Lyn. Currently have 323 Orbs stockpiled at the time of writing.

Imagine if you get her on your first roll :D:

I'm actually trying to make a third account to replace my first (main).  I like Ephraim in my main but wasted too many orbs getting random 5*s that I don't care about so now I'm out of orbs. I think it'd be better to reroll now and have this account be my savings account and have my 2nd account be a little more ambitious.  So right now, I'd like to get Jaffar + Ninian in the first 40 orbs and then save the rest for:

+ Sacred Stones (writing this now makes me realize how few characters I love in Sacred Stones...)

- Cormag
- Colm
- Myrrh

+ FE7

- Sain
- Pent
- Harken
- Athos/Renault if they become available

+ Radiant Dawn / Path of Radiance (Not even my favorite game... but so many good characters)

- Micaiah
- Sothe (why does everyone hate him?)
- Black Knight (duh)
- Reyson
- Geoffrey
- Janaff
- Volke
- Soren
- Mia
- Aran
- Meg! (underappreciated)

On a side note, anyone else notice their favorite fire emblem games do not correspond at all with how many characters you like from them?  I find this very odd...

Would love to have Lyon, see a lot of people saying that.  I think he'd be a grand hero and appear in the campaign at some point since he's technically a villain.

Edited by Lushen

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Imagine if you get her on your first roll :D:

Better yet, CYL Lyn with a good Boon/Bane combo like +Spd or +Atk with -Res or something. The Lyn I have took about 15 rerolls (which took a long time due to long download times) and she's +HP/-Spd. A full neutral one would be acceptable though.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I really, really want Soren to get in this game soon. I need him so badly.
Ike is really awesome too, but I am extremely unlucky in this game and if he is going to be a focus, I probably won't ever get him. :/

I was actually saving up for the two guys above, but then I wasted all my orbs on trying to get Sanaki. XD And I was lucky enough to get her in the end. Like, 20 minutes before the summon ended.

Edited by Maddoka

Michalis ! I'm excited we'll be able to recruit him.

I'd love to see Innes and Cormag. I really liked those characters from Sacred Stone.

From Fates, I'd like to see Kaze and Hisame (but i know this will never happen for Hisame because

Spoiler

he's Hinata's child

;__;)

Yoohoo, random list of mine incoming!

Fates:

Silas (I found him to be pleasant most of the time, tho I know of some who dislike him quite a bit) / Scarlet (oh you, how terribly wasted you were in that garbage plot) / Nyx (I actually like her background story and supports very much, loli is not the main point here, I swear) / Benny (Love his attitude, doesn't need to be deep to be enjoyable, imo)

Awakening:

Kellam (just stealthily put him into the non-focus summonables without announcing him, it would be hilarious and I'm sure highly appreciated by some) / Inigo with Liam O'Brian for his voice and with less sucky skillkit/prowess / Brady (Liked him very much, though he will just be another garbo staff user in Heroes)

Tellius:

Zihark (I was young, found him cool, he was useful, used him because of it and because I wanted to be cool, nuff said) / Mia (I was young, she was cute, she was useful, used her because of it and because I wanted a girlfriend like her or something, nuff said) / Nephenee (I was you... ok, I'll stop now. I'm gravitating towards shy and simple personalities, finding it endearing, also liked her as a unit) / Lethe (she is cute, ok? I just like her and she didn't annoy me last I checked.) / Haar & Jill (Oh boy, I want these really bad, especially Haar, he ist just badass, was broken af, relateable (for me at least) and overall a joy to have in both games. Jill just belongs at his side, as well) / Ena (I can't say why. I kinda like her, even though she was meh as a unit and not that interesting, but something stuck around... hmmm. I like her design very much at least) / Archer 3-13 (Do I need to say why? He is just da bomb!)

Sacred Stones:

Lyon ( One of the more interesting villains imo) / Joshua (It's just his design, I like it) / Lute (I remember her being bonkers and a really nice unit, and I like her design next to her having a rather entertaining personality)/ Myrrh (I sympathize with her, she is a cool dragon and is one of the few dragons I woud like to see added)

Blazing Blade:

Where is Erk? or Rath? (I used them quite a bit, I wouldn't mind them being added).

Let's see how long it takes for those to come by.

Kent. Definitely Kent. He was the first character I ever adored from Fire Emblem and he's remained a firm favourite since. Of course, he needs his boon companion, Sain, to go with.

I also really want Rath, Reyson, Cormag, Nailah, Rafiel, Geoffrey, Lucia, Volug, Glen, FE8 Selena, Perceval, Homeros and Elphin.

Oh, and Wolf. I love Wolf. And Gale... Zeiss, too...

...I may have a much larger list, and I've deliberately left off untranslated characters for the most part since I can't be bothered to look up their names... But pretty much, I want everyone in this game now <3

More cast I'm familiar with in general. e.g. FE6 units and beyond. Specifically I'm waiting for most of the FE7 and FE8 rosters, and also a select few from newer titles.

FE6: Old Marcus, Echidna, Melady, Zeiss, Percival.
FE7: Almost the whole cast, but specifically I'd like DORCAS, Sain, Young Marcus, Young Bartre, OsWIN, Canas, Pent, Louise, Harken, Lloyd, Linus, as soon as possible.
FE8: Same as above, give me all. But I'd like these ASAP: Seth, Gilliam, Franz, Boulder, Ross, Garcia, Lute, Joshua, Tana, Amelia, Innes, Gerik, Marisa, Cormag, Duracell, Caellach, Valter, Lyon... Pretty much half the cast?
FE9/10: Ike, Mist, Mia, Laura, Nephenee, Edward, Ilyana, Burger King...
FE11: Caeda, Big Boss
FE13: Noire, Priam.
FE14: Silas, Mozu, Laslow, Nyx, Charlotte, Kana-F, Nina, Soleil, Ophelia, Forrest for best trap FE.

Aside from this small handful of units, I couldn't care less about the other characters, as well as the majority of the characters already in the game.

I'm waiting for Nah from Awakening, otherwise most are from fates whom I'm waiting for which are Nyx, Flora, Selkie and Veloura mostly.

As I get to know Echoes aka Gaiden characters I'll probably want several of them as well.

Like every one else, a really, really good version of Lyn. Because Lyn is best.

I, of course, already have normal Lyn, but I must have all the Lyns. Because reasons.

Lucia is also a huge draw, as would be Briggid, if she ever comes around. A bow user I would actually want!

Edited by dragonlordsd