What is the character you are waiting for?

Ewwgene

For units I'm looking forward to because of who they are, I can only really think of Ayra (Geneology), Larcei (Geneology), Guy (Blazing Sword), and the Choose Your Legends winners.

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 11:19 PM, shadowofchaos said:

One problem:

This is a Japanese game. April fools isn't a thing to them.

Fate/Grand Order begs to differ.  Last year, they changed the art of EVERY Servant in the game to comedic chibi art for the day.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly I would love to see Libra from Awakening, Charlotte from Fates, and...hmm...from the older games, I would be thrilled to see Canas.  I have a weakness for the "dark mage" archetype characters and Canas is just the nicest and most chill of them ever.  And scholarly.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

They flubbed Lachesis and Lucius. I'm fairly sure Elincia's getting a staff.

Lachesis and Lucius don't have a unique prf weapon. Elincia does and it's a sword called Amiti. I'm pretty sure she's not going to be stripped of it.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Lachesis and Lucius don't have a unique prf weapon. Elincia does and it's a sword called Amiti. I'm pretty sure she's not going to be stripped of it.

Lachesis is famous for her starting sword, and Lucius is the only character who can wield FE7's S-rank spell (I forget whether it's Aureola or Luce) without changing a healer into a light user.

Plus, I'd really like a flying healer, and the alternatives are turning a Genealogy flyer into one.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Lachesis is famous for her starting sword, and Lucius is the only character who can wield FE7's S-rank spell (I forget whether it's Aureola or Luce) without changing a healer into a light user.

Plus, I'd really like a flying healer, and the alternatives are turning a Genealogy flyer into one.

Well, I'd like Elincia with Amiti because Amiti is awesome (it's like a brave sword, but looks better!) and I still think that's what we're getting. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

There's also Serra, but that takes a loooooot of work to get her there.  Oh, and Renault, and rule breaker Athos (literally the only unit allowed to have multiple S ranks for some reason).

But yeah, the only non Prf Divine Weapon you get is Aureola.  There are S Rank weapons for everything else, but they barely scratch the dragon...

Edited by Glaceon Mage

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

There's also Serra, but that takes a loooooot of work to get her there.

But yeah, the only non Prf Divine Weapon you get is Aureola.  There are S Rank weapons for everything else, but they barely scratch the dragon...

...Serra is a healer. She's kind of covered in that whole.
(You know, I think I've been playing Sacred Stones too much... I think the only ones who can use the S Light are Lucius, Serra, Renaud and Athos).

Just now, phineas81707 said:

...Serra is a healer. She's kind of covered in that whole.
(You know, I think I've been playing Sacred Stones too much... I think the only ones who can use the S Light are Lucius, Serra, Renaud and Athos).

The way you said it made it sound as if you meant Lucius was the only guy who can use Aureola, which isn't the case.  My bad.

I really want Nyx and Charlotte, but we have so many characters from Fates already, so idk about getting more anytime soon. 

But aside from them, I'd like to see Lute, my favorite character from FE8

On 3/15/2017 at 10:19 PM, shadowofchaos said:

One problem:

This is a Japanese game. April fools isn't a thing to them.

Did you see that one Japanese artist on Twitter that drew Chrom and m!Robin for a fake Awakening anime? I thought it was an April Fool's joke because it was posted around that time last year, but maybe it was just "what if" fan art that was misinterpreted by foreigners as confirmed anime.

On-topic, I NEED SUMIA.

21 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Lachesis starts with a Prayer Sword, not the Earth Sword. And she's going to be healing for most people anyways. Only someone who knows how ridiculous the master knight class is would dedicate their time to making her one. To the unsuspecting eye, Lachesis is a healer. Even then, she's probably power leveling with staves for a good while. 

Spoiler

75-Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_(J)_00049.png.89628703516bff3d3d6b5dc740f82584.png

Not going to argue Lucius though. We've had more than enough healers recently. I'd also say Elincia is pretty safe with a sword unless they make a flying healer which sounds all sorts of not-right. Staves have always been secondary, if at all, on fliers. Can't say I detest the concept though.

I'm looking forward to Sigurd myself. More Tellius and Jugdral in general. 

24 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...Though maybe they are saving Aureola for Renaud. Or Athos gets it instead of Forblaze, which also comes with problems (Lilina doesn't already have it, does she?).

Or maybe they'll just overlook it.

Athos will most definitely be using Forblaze, since it's Prf to him and associated with him in the backstory.

For getting Aureola, I suppose if they decide to add backstory figures they can give it to Saint Elimine, but besides her it's not really associated with anyone!

1 minute ago, Locked Apple said:

Lachesis starts with a Prayer Sword, not the Earth Sword. And she's going to be healing for most people anyways. Only someone who knows how ridiculous the master knight class is would dedicate their time to making her one. To the unsuspecting eye, Lachesis is a healer. Even then, she's probably power leveling with staves for a good while. 

Reveal hidden contents

75-Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_(J)_00049.png.89628703516bff3d3d6b5dc740f82584.png

Not going to argue Lucius though. We've had more than enough healers recently. I'd also say Elincia is pretty safe with a sword unless they make a flying healer which sounds all sorts of not-right. Staves have always been secondary, if at all, on fliers. Can't say I detest the concept though.

Oh, she does start out with staves? ...Does Leaf? The Master Knight business is all sorts of confusing.

Well, staff-botting was Elincia's main thing in Fire Emblem unless you put in work in FE9, and the game slips in a skill that makes it impossible to use Elincia offensively unless you notice and take it off in FE10. Plus, nothing's really stopping them from having Elincia be a healer that uses swords instead of bursts of light except whatever caused Lachesis and Lucius to happen in the first place.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Athos will most definitely be using Forblaze, since it's Prf to him and associated with him in the backstory.

For getting Aureola, I suppose if they decide to add backstory figures they can give it to Saint Elimine, but besides her it's not really associated with anyone!

...Yoder, maybe?

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Oh, she does start out with staves? ...Does Leaf? The Master Knight business is all sorts of confusing.

Well, staff-botting was Elincia's main thing in Fire Emblem unless you put in work in FE9, and the game slips in a skill that makes it impossible to use Elincia offensively unless you notice and take it off in FE10. Plus, nothing's really stopping them from having Elincia be a healer that uses swords instead of bursts of light except whatever caused Lachesis and Lucius to happen in the first place.

Leaf is locked to swords in his base classes. So he'll probably be left in the dust if they make him a lord/prince. At the very least he might get the Light Brand. 

There's a strong case there, but from a design standpoint I see either Elincia using swords, staves, or being mediocre with both. I don't think the designers want a character with staves and swords which is why healers can't inherit them. Lachesis is unfortunately the precedent. Actually the more I think about it the more I want a rare hybrid with uninheritable cross-class skills. 

46 minutes ago, twistedxgrace said:

Did you see that one Japanese artist on Twitter that drew Chrom and m!Robin for a fake Awakening anime? I thought it was an April Fool's joke because it was posted around that time last year, but maybe it was just "what if" fan art that was misinterpreted by foreigners as confirmed anime.

On-topic, I NEED SUMIA.

April fools isn't ingrained into their culture, however.

It's kind of like how Christmas is a romantic couples holiday more than a family one over there.

They have their own interpretations of events and have only started April fools as mainly an Internet phenomenon.

So while I admit I jumped the gun declaring that it won't happen... It's not the most likely thing in the world.

Edited by shadowofchaos

45 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

FE4 loves giving staff access to female versions of classes for some reason. They did it with the Prince(ss), the Troubadour/Paladin class (which played as a female version of the classic cavalry. Plus staff.), the Mage Fighter one.

Given how FE4 plays though, it's ridiculous to claim that Lachesis is mostly a healer. She is for the first chapter she appears, but that's because of the green units that stick to her that you want to keep alive. And there's 2,5 chapters after that for Lachesis to unfold her awesomeness on.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

...Though maybe they are saving Aureola for Renaud. Or Athos gets it instead of Forblaze, which also comes with problems (Lilina doesn't already have it, does she?).

Or maybe they'll just overlook it.

I don't see any reason to assume it's in the game. No need for it to have every single legendary weapon. Durandal, Armads, and eventually probably Forblaze on Athos are probably the only ones from that set. (Does the Binding Blade count? It kind of both does and doesn't.)

Lucius having Aureola would have been pretty odd when he doesn't have any explicit special connection to it, anyway.

fe6: Lugh, Dieck, Chad, Echidna, and Elffin

fe8: Artur, Lute, Ewan, Colm, Marisa, L'Arachel, and Knoll (especially Knoll)

fe11: Julian, Norne, and Radd

fe4: Sigurd, Alec, Beowolf, and Lewyn (I'm not very far in fe4 so idk about the kid characters lol)

fea: Cynthia

Edited by Kaminari

3 hours ago, Locked Apple said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, the Earth Sword is actually Nanna's Signature Weapon, no Lachesis's.