New Nintendo Annoucement: More About Skill Inheritance ,Grand Hero Battles Schedules,Hero Merit,New Arena System,New Victory Objective, And Future Event

DraceEmpressa

IMO Camus is out because with Fates and Elibe on the forefront of units that are joining the meta, we'll be seeing units like Camus being GrandHeroBattle material when the Elibe hype and Fates hype slow down and we dive back into Archanea and hopefully into Tellius.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Elieson said:

IMO Camus is out because with Fates and Elibe on the forefront of units that are joining the meta, we'll be seeing units like Camus being GrandHeroBattle material when the Elibe hype and Fates hype slow down and we dive back into Archanea and hopefully into Tellius.

Not just that, we SAW how broken Camus could be from dataminers. Saving best for last maybe.

Or maybe they just want to avoid another Takumi problem.

All I'm hoping for is that it's not true Asshole reinforcements that move at the start of the enemy phase. Just regular cavalry reinforcements are going to be a major pain since with the tiny maps and tiny movements, there is a good chance you won't have a chance to move characters out of their range when they suddenly appear. I'm still for it though as long as they arrive at the end of the enemy phase.

Also yeeess to defence maps! They are my favourite type in "real" Fire Emblem games and the increased utility of armoured units and healers will be really nice.

Edit: Also I'm really curious about the semi-perma death event. I'm guessing that if you get a character killed in that event, they will end up out of commission for a few days/a week or something since you aren't supposed to lose them forever, maybe until the end of the event? Honestly I am a compulsive resetter in other FE games, but Heroes have made me extremely lax about character death and it just seems a lot more difficult to avoid in general.

Edited by Eleanore

6 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

All I'm hoping for is that it's not true Asshole reinforcements that move at the start of the enemy phase. Just regular cavalry reinforcements are going to be a major pain since with the tiny maps and tiny movements, there is a good chance you won't have a chance to move characters out of their range when they suddenly appear. I'm still for it though as long as they arrive at the end of the enemy phase.

Yeah, enemy reinforcements that get to move right when they show up is ridiculous and not fair. We can't be prepared for that at all.

I'm also down for more feathers since I just can't pull 5 star units. I have to upgrade them and I've only upgraded one unit to 5 star so far. Getting 20000 feathers right now is too slow. I just wish this update would come a little sooner.

Oh, but arena matchups being decided by level, YES. Well, sort of, anyway. :P

I'm really glad to hear about the arena matchmaking changes, since accounting for skills is something I've been saying it really needs in order to keep Inherit Skill from messing things up too much. And it might also help even matches between teams without inherited skills become more fair, since base stats already can be a plenty inaccurate evaluation of a character's effectiveness. Hopefully there will be some way to check characters' "score" under this new system so it'll be possible to keep telling which characters to use to maximize points.

Ugh, it just dawned on me that the arena is going to be a real pain in the ass once the new matchmaking kicks in. I've been relying on the fact that +8 Robin (M) and +9 Julia have low stat totals to one-round kill things that they normally can't without risk of being matched up against opponents with high merge counts that would hamper the 2 unmerged members. My stat total also meant that just about every arena team I got matched up with had either a Hector or an Effie in it to drag the team down, giving me an easy no-death win.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ugh, it just dawned on me that the arena is going to be a real pain in the ass once the new matchmaking kicks in. I've been relying on the fact that +8 Robin (M) and +9 Julia have low stat totals to one-round kill things that they normally can't without risk of being matched up against opponents with high merge counts that would hamper the 2 unmerged members. My stat total also meant that just about every arena team I got matched up with had either a Hector or an Effie in it to drag the team down, giving me an easy no-death win.

On the other side of that, I'm looking forward to not having to consistently face +10 units when at most I have two +1 units :D

1 hour ago, Eleanore said:

Also yeeess to defence maps! They are my favourite type in "real" Fire Emblem games and the increased utility of armoured units and healers will be really nice.

Edit: Also I'm really curious about the semi-perma death event. I'm guessing that if you get a character killed in that event, they will end up out of commission for a few days/a week or something since you aren't supposed to lose them forever, maybe until the end of the event? Honestly I am a compulsive resetter in other FE games, but Heroes have made me extremely lax about character death and it just seems a lot more difficult to avoid in general.

Maybe it's a gauntlet of like 7 battles in a row, and if you lose a unit, they are out for that run.  Maybe you'll be able to switch in a replacement, or maybe you'll have to play short for the rest of the run.

46 minutes ago, unique said:

i hope they add linus at some point after lloyd so they have all 4

you could even use them all on a team which could be fun 

Conveniently, the Four Fangs are 1 red, 1 blue, 1 green, and 1 colorless, assuming Linus is going to use an axe. For some reason, I associate Linus with his final chapter Tomahawk instead of any of his other weapons.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Conveniently, the Four Fangs are 1 red, 1 blue, 1 green, and 1 colorless, assuming Linus is going to use an axe. For some reason, I associate Linus with his final chapter Tomahawk instead of any of his other weapons.

Ursla didn't get Excalibur, which I'm a little upset with.

Hopefully Lloyd will have Light Brand.  Magic damage from a sword would be awesome.  I don't know whether it would be a 2rng or 1rng weapon but it should have the "counter from any range" and "deals magic damage" attributes for sure.

7 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Hopefully Lloyd will have Light Brand.  Magic damage from a sword would be awesome.  I don't know whether it would be a 2rng or 1rng weapon but it should have the "counter from any range" and "deals magic damage" attributes for sure.

In the Japanese version of FE7, Lloyd had a Rune Sword, not a Light Brand.

And we all know what they did with Narcian's Rune Sword. inb4 Lloyd with an Emerald Axe.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't think anything in the notifications implies that you can equip more than 3 passive skills.

If you're referring to the new equippable item, it doesn't mention anything about skills, just additional customization. Perhaps it's something like Iote's Shield, Delphi Shield, Iron Rune, Life Orb, Lum Berry, etc. except in item form instead of skill form.

iirc, each unit can inherit three skills maximum. I'm betting that through merging, you can overcome this limit, as the receiving unit still has their three inherit chances. If this works, you could completely overhaul a unit's kit.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

iirc, each unit can inherit three skills maximum. I'm betting that through merging, you can overcome this limit, as the receiving unit still has their three inherit chances. If this works, you could completely overhaul a unit's kit.

No, you can inherit a maximum of 3 skills from one sacrifice. There has been no word of the maximum number of skills you can have one character inherit total.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

No, you can inherit a maximum of 3 skills from one sacrifice. There has been no word of the maximum number of skills you can have one character inherit total.

Oh, wow, really? That makes me both happy and upset.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe it's a gauntlet of like 7 battles in a row, and if you lose a unit, they are out for that run.  Maybe you'll be able to switch in a replacement, or maybe you'll have to play short for the rest of the run.

That does sound like a nice idea! I just managed to pull of my first advanced arena streak with no deaths so that sounds like a nice challenge. I'd honestly just break my streak and start over if it meant you couldn't sub in a character though considering what a disadvantage that would be in the long run.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Somehow it just clicked that Zephiel is coming in late April. WOO!

Now to hope Ashnard gets added with the Tellius folks whenever that happens.

Hmm, Ashnard makes an interesting tension. So far, while generic enemy fliers have all been pegasi, ally fliers have been pegasi = sword/lance and dragon = axe. But Ashnard kind of has to use a sword and have a dragon, so hopefully they break that pattern rather than choosing one thing or the other.

11 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh damn, they're putting in Lloyd? Where's Linus?

I don't think Skill Inheritance is delayed. They're just adding an extra to it in April.

I WANT LINUS.. he's so much cooler.. though I love Lloyd class more.

I  actually dont like Skill Inheritance. It might break the game.. who knows yet - tierlist will change fast..

Lloyd is prettier than Linus so obviously he comes first xD

I do hope Linus and Legault come not long after that. Uhai, too. I expect Legault to be a summoning unit, but the other two can easily be grand hero battles.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

In the Japanese version of FE7, Lloyd had a Rune Sword, not a Light Brand.

And we all know what they did with Narcian's Rune Sword. inb4 Lloyd with an Emerald Axe.

We all know what they did to the original Rune sword and its user.