Japanese Website Renewal

Ta-da

Added new music and profiles for Alm and Celica's early/mid-game parties.

Nothing about Mila's Gear that I can see, which is weird.

Will provide more details soon, unless somebody else gets there before me ^^

EDIT:

Analysis

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Official timeline!

Approximately 3000 years before the story

At the land of Valentia, the sibling gods Duma and Mila went to war. At the end of an arduous battle, Duma and Mila divided Valentia into two, the north ruled by Duma and the south ruled by Mila, with the two declaring to never invade the other. This was the covenant of the gods.

Year 1: A sage with knowledge of the celestial bodies' motions introduced the notion of a calendar system to Mila, who acknowledged it. This year was chosen as the first year of the Valentia Calendar.

Year 189: The Rigelian Empire was established in the northern region ruled by Duma and the Kingdom of Zofia was built on the southern lands ruled by Mila.

Year 374: The young Rudolf was appointed as the successor of the Rigelian Empire's Emperor Rigel III. He ascended as Emperor Rudolf I.

Year 382: King Lima III of Zofia perished. Although his eldest son Lima IV was crowned, he had little interest in politics and the villainous Desaix secured the position of Chancellor.

Year 398: Poor harvests caused the food-stocks of the Rigelian Empire to run dry. Rigel's request for assistance from Zofia were met with rejection. Rudolf I himself led the troops to invade Zofia. Rigel and Zofia entered all-out war.

Year 399: The inexperienced Zofian army were repeatedly defeated by the overwhelming Rigelian forces and Rigel steadily crept into Zofian territory. Desaix managed to contact the upper echelon of the Rigelian Army and negotiated a cease-fire in exchange for a large compensatory sum of gold. The Rigelian Army remained garrisoned in Northern Zofia and tensions continued to grow.

Year 400: Desaix triggered a coup d'etat, and the Zofian royal family including Lima IV were assassinated one after the other. The Deliverance was established by the Zofian nobility who opposed Desaix, with Clive as its leader.

Edited by VincentASM
Fixed a year. 382 not 384.

This is awesome! I'll check the website soon, but a timeline? Man, I love this. 

So why did Dozer (or Desaix which is his localized name) trigger the coup d'etat? Did he do it for peronal power, to oppose Rigel or even for Rigel's sake?

Basically, right now it's looking like it's shaping up to be what the Hoshido-Nohr conflict should've been like, albeit without Corrin.

Awesome heaps of art for characters. Gray looking goofy and Kilff looking clueless. Love the designs of the villagers. 

Lol watch Desaix be a corrupt noble who wants riches, exchanging crops with Rigel for money, which he gains in the cease fire. Maybe then he will look like a hero in the eyes of a Zofians initially? The upper echelon may be Berkut who we know is in contact with Desaix? This is all guessing from the timeline.

Edited by SonPancham

In-battle supports or at least some form of dialogue confirmed to be back.

Oh, and judging from the character introductions, Faye is all about Alm, so we might have another Cordelia on our hands. I don't trust myself to actually translate a lot of what's written aside from the basic stuff, but both her quotes on the site and biography are about him.

Edited by Thane

Not sure what the fourth song is but it may be a redone theme song? Also screenshot of Kilff as an archer. Same screenshot shoes faye as a Pegasus knight unless Clair got a redesign. Perhaps Faye has a different promotion branch? Also, Gray has supports with Alm and Tobin in another.

modal_slide1_img1.jpg

modal_slide3_img1.jpg

^Ok cool awesome did not know that since I have not played Gaiden.

Using the power of google these are rough translations as I do not know how to actually translate them. The character profiles on Alm's side. 

Alm

Initial Warrior: Warrior The main character of this work. I grow up in the village of Ram, located in the frontier of the Zofia Kingdom. Trained by my grandfather Mycen, the sword's arms are considerable. I am seeking opportunities to make use of my strength, strong sense of justice, participate in the Zophian Liberation Army resisting the Rigel Empire.

Gray

Early weaponry: villager Living in the village of Ram, Alum 's childhood friend. Shabby light character. Because I was born in a merchant house, I am familiar with my mouth and I am familiar with the situation. Along with Alm, join the liberation army.

Tobin

Early weaponry: villager Living in the village of Ram, Alum 's childhood friend. He is the eldest son of a large family and participates in the liberation army for payment. It is straightforward, simple, serious and straight personality, and you can lose the air without reading it. 

Kilff

Early weaponry: villager Living in the village of Ram, Alum 's childhood friend. I like reading books and historical studies, and speech that aroused my age is outstanding. From the interest in the broad world, participate in the liberation army.

Faye

Early weaponry: villager Living in the village of Ram, Alum 's childhood friend. Since I was young I longed for Alm. Follow Alm and join the Liberation Army.

Lukas

Initial Warrior: Soldier A member of the Zofian Liberation Army, a young man of the Middle Ages aristocrat. Be politicious (polite?) to anyone, not being trapped by family. Invite the alm to the liberation army. 

Silque

Initial Warrior: Sister Sister of traveling. You can help Alm to be trapped by thieves. I entrust Alm with the treasure gear "Milla's gear" and I will also accompany the battle. 

Clive

Initial Warrior: Social Night A leader of the Zofia Liberation Army, a young man of the upper aristocracy. Originally the Knight of the Order of the Zofia, but with the rebellion of the president Dosey, he launched the liberation army. 

Edited by SonPancham
Lam -> Ram, Sofia -> Zofia

I don't have time to clean up Alm's profiles right now, but here's Celica's gang:

Celica

One of the main characters. She spent her childhood days with Alm but left the village after a certain incident, serving as a Priestess at Novis. After having an ominous dream about Alm and to determine the cause of many unusual happenings in Zofia, she leaves on a journey to the Mila Temple.

Mae

A mage who works at the Novis Monastery. Her role is Celica's servant, but the two are also close friends. She accompanies Celica on her journey towards the Mila Temple.

Boey

A mage who works at the Novis Monastery. He serves Celica together with his childhood friend Mae. He accompanies Celica on her journey towards the Mila Temple.

Genny

A cleric who lives in Novis Monastery. She's like a little sister to Celica. She accompanies Celica on her journey towards the Mila Temple.

Saber

Once a soldier from the Rigelian Empire, now a mercenary hanging around Novis. He becomes Celica's sword in exchange for gold.

Valbar

A former soldier who seeks revenge on the Pirate Dach who massacred his family. He joined Celica to exact his vengeance. Headstrong and always trying to help people with nary a regard of the consequences.

Leon

A pretty boy ex-soldier who follows his big brother figure Valbar. Has a frank personality and a sharp tongue, but he's an honest man who tells no lies.

Kamui

A mercenary from a distant nation. He was hired by Valbar for the purpose of revenge. Has a carefree and easy-going personality. A freedom-loving drifter who hates being tied down.

EDIT: Try using Google translate on Kamui's profile for fun.

Edited by VincentASM

11 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I don't have time to clean up Alm's profiles right now, but here's Celica's gang:

Celica

One of the main characters. She spent her childhood days with Alm but left the village after a certain incident, serving as a Priestess at Novis. After having an ominous dream about Alm and to determine the cause of many unusual happenings in Zofia, she leaves on a journey to the Mila Temple.

Mae

A mage who works at the Novis Monastery. Her role is Celica's servant, but the two are also close friends. She accompanies Celica on her journey towards the Mila Temple.

Boey

A mage who works at the Novis Monastery. He serves Celica together with his childhood friend Mae. He accompanies Celica on her journey towards the Mila Temple.

Silque

A cleric who lives in Novis Monastery. She's like a little sister to Celica. She accompanies Celica on her journey towards the Mila Temple.

Saber

Once a soldier from the Rigelian Empire, now a mercenary hanging around Novis. He becomes Celica's sword in exchange for gold.

Valbar

A former soldier who seeks revenge on the Pirate Dach who massacred his family. He joined Celica to exact his vengeance. Headstrong and always trying to help people with nary a regard of the consequences.

Leon

A pretty boy ex-soldier who follows his big brother figure Valbar. Has a frank personality and a sharp tongue, but he's an honest man who tells no lies.

Kamui

A mercenary from a distant nation. He was hired by Valbar for the purpose of revenge. Has a carefree and easy-going personality. A freedom-loving drifter who hates being tied down.

EDIT: Try using Google translate on Kamui's profile for fun.

I think its Genny not Silque on Celica's side.

I'm really liking how they kept the groups to have a small team rather than making there a ton of units. It really does seem like they are keeping a lot of aspects to the original. I'm now curious what is being modernized outside of the Mila Gear. 

@VincentASM You're a damn national treasure, my friend.

So I'll try helping out a bit because I like practicing my Japanese, and there's no quicker way of learning a language than trying, failing and learning from your mistakes. Well unless you happen to be born into a family that speaks a lot of languages, but hey.

Feel free to correct any and all flaws. I'll stick to a slightly more stiff translation because I don't trust my skills enough to make a liberal translation.

Kliff

Alm's childhood friend from Ramu village. He likes reading and researching history, and his speech sticks out for someone his age (speaks maturely for his age). Because he's interested in the wide world, he joined the rebellion.

Faye

Alm's childhood friend from Ramu village. She has earnestly pined for Alm from an early age. She joined the rebellion to be with Alm.

Lukas

The first (highest ranking?) member of the rebellion. He's a young man from a middle noble (relativly distinguished?) family. No matter who he talks to he's polite and fair. He invites Alm and his friends to join the rebellion.

Clive

A young man from an upper nobility family who serves as the leader for the Zofian rebellion. Originally a knight of the Zofian chivalric order, he's now leading the insurrection against prime minister (wat) Desaix. (I'm missing something about a chance or an impetus here when it says he's fighting against Desaix, but I can't work it into a normal-sounding sentence).

Surprisingly, I find Gray and Tobin's the hardest to understand, and we just got Silque's bio the other day, so I didn't translate it. 

Like Faye and Kliff, Gray and Tobin are Alm's childhood friends from the same village. Gray has an easygoing personality, comes from a merchant family and is therefore used to the ways of the world, while Tobin is the eldest son in a large family, has a serious and direct personality. What I'm unsure of are the details. Like, I believe it says Tobin joins the rebellion for the money's sake so that he can send it back to his family? Apparently he might also be bad at reading the mood, but like I said, I'm more unsure regarding these two, especially since there's a kanji I can't read due to its small size and complexity in Gray's bio.

Edited by Thane

^Maybe Tobin is tactless? Gray, coming from a merchant family may be good at gaining information with his connections through word of mouth?

@VincentAsm saw Kamui's google translation. Was great fun :)

So Kamui comes from a far off land. He has an Eastern vibe to him, so could that be some sort of proto-Chon'sin?

Gray looks pretty dark-skinned. Is he just tan (he looks outdoors-y) or possibly another foreigner (a foreign merchant who makes it big in Valentia would be interesting)?

3 hours ago, Thane said:

Basically, right now it's looking like it's shaping up to be what the Hoshido-Nohr conflict should've been like, albeit without Corrin.

Exactly this. It's good they listened to us and aknowledged the complaints about the total absence of a proper worldbuilding in Fates.

8 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:

Exactly this. It's good they listened to us and aknowledged the complaints about the total absence of a proper worldbuilding in Fates.

Yes. Between this, Alm's worldbuilding monologue and the information we see of the places you can visit on the world map, things are shaping up. I'm not going to assume the best just yet, but so far it shows a vast improvement.

Timelines are always a good place to start with world building after naming things. They weaved Fates and RD together it seems between resources issue and a peace covenant with the gods. Whatever they're doing to allude to Valm and add in that Archanea is next door, and we certainly have a lot of influences from the other games on the world/plot. I like the syncretism.

Also, can we please have a young female friend/servant of a lord who doesn't want their love?

And, if Faye can go Pegasus, she is already shooting for high tier.

A friend helped me find the kanji for Gray that I didn't get. It was 飄々, which Jisho translates to: 

1. whistling (of the wind); blowing
2. fluttering (in the wind); waving; flapping; flying
3. tottering; staggering
4. aimlessly; wandering about; roaming
5. aloof from the world; easygoing; transcendental; detached

So I think it's safe to say it means "aloof" in this context.

Thanks a lot for these translations!

The official timeline looks very interesting! It is awesome that they deciced to develop Gaiden's story especially for the reasons why Rigel decided to invade Zofia. 
I could be wrong but doesn't this timeline confirm that Rudolf is his first name in the remake and not his family name anymore? Rigel/Lime III and Lime IV seem to be first names so I assume that Rudolf can be one as well.

4 hours ago, SonPancham said:

Not sure what the fourth song is but it may be a redone theme song? Also screenshot of Kilff as an archer. Same screenshot shoes faye as a Pegasus knight unless Clair got a redesign. Perhaps Faye has a different promotion branch? Also, Gray has supports with Alm and Tobin in another.

modal_slide1_img1.jpg

modal_slide3_img1.jpg

The fourth song is a remix of the chapter 3 world map.

If you look closely in the second pic, you can see 2 Pegasus Knights.
One is on the right (it seems to be Faye because of the haircut) and an another one (Clair because we saw her sprite in the first trailer) is just below Gray.
Like I thought, it seems that Faye would have different classes options. 

2 hours ago, Pikappa93 said:

This as well. I hope that they will do a proper worldbuilding in the next games as well from now on.

3 hours ago, Pete-of-the-Forge said:

So Kamui comes from a far off land. He has an Eastern vibe to him, so could that be some sort of proto-Chon'sin?

Now that I think about it, he 

Spoiler

built a new country according to the ending so it's possible that this new country would be Chon'sin.

I am loving everything we are getting to see about Echoes so far. I am so relieved that some sort of supports seem to be in the game.

And the world building seems to be going in a great direction, it's like they are doing the Nohr/Hoshido conflict right this time around. It also sounds like we'll get a fair share of petty politics which is great.

Also thank you for the translations of the character profiles and timeline. Is there anything that is noteworthy about the character quotes you can listen to? A lot of them seem to be so basic that even I can understand them, but I didn't catch about 1/3 of them.

3 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

And the world building seems to be going in a great direction, it's like they are doing the Nohr/Hoshido conflict right this time around. It also sounds like we'll get a fair share of petty politics which is great.

I also got that vibe as well. Instead of being black and white, it's a little gray imo because Zofia refused to help Rigel and Rigel invaded Zofia.

Why does it look like Silque has a tail of sorts? It's just odd.
Also, Kliff is looking really albino, with pale skin and hair as well as red eyes. I'm probably going to like him due to his bookish nature. ...Wait. Bookish nature, seemingly has a physical issue, generally considered the best mage of the three-- I think they just set that up as his canon class. Which means Grey's canon class is mercenary by process of elimination (Tobin's consistently been shown as an archer), which means they made their canon classes the ones that they were best suited for. Huh.

43 minutes ago, Thunderstar said:

Now that I think about it, he 

Reveal hidden contents

built a new country according to the ending so it's possible that this new country would be Chon'sin.

Mind = blown.

Edited by The DanMan