Japanese Website Renewal

The timeline is really interesting. I love that there's a justification for the calender, even though it's probably completetely irrelevant to the story. It simply helps to make the world feel alive.

And I love all the new art.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did like Kozaki's art style but I think that Hidari's perfectly captures the artwork I'd expect from a fire emblem game. Every character looks really cool (I do wish Mae was wearing a little more) and Hidari's style is perfect for the game.

30 minutes ago, Hoshidokoala said:

I did like Kozaki's art style but I think that Hidari's perfectly captures the artwork I'd expect from a fire emblem game. Every character looks really cool (I do wish Mae was wearing a little more) and Hidari's style is perfect for the game.

Eh, Mae is no big deal honestly. Having all the characters dress super conservatively would be a little unrealistic tbh. Not everyone dresses the same, so it makes sense to have varying levels of coverage. And she is a mage on top of it, mages in most fantasy settings tend to not wear a lot of armor (In DnD wearing armor actually can cause spell failure due to armor getting in the way of proper casting requirements. Imagine trying to make various hand symbols and movements while wearing metal gauntlets and arm pieces restricting movement.)

And its not like we have another Camila here. She just has a short skirt essentially.

Regarding Amiibo, I was hoping for a bit more tbh from the other Fire Emblem amiibo. A special item, being able to use the character like Fates, or something along those lines. Oh well, Warriors/FE Switch should have it more fleshed out and give me a reason for owning the damn things.

Edited by Tolvir

2 hours ago, escotanner said:

I also got that vibe as well. Instead of being black and white, it's a little gray imo because Zofia refused to help Rigel and Rigel invaded Zofia.

Yeah, it's also nice that they caught on to it at all since Zofia being decadent is like one throwaway line in the intro and then there is one other line that states the previous king was an asshole when it came to the queen, and that's it. Gaiden was sparse, but I'm loving what it seems like they are doing with the base material they have.

8 hours ago, Thane said:

This is awesome! I'll check the website soon, but a timeline? Man, I love this. 

So why did Dozer (or Desaix which is his localized name) trigger the coup d'etat? Did he do it for peronal power, to oppose Rigel or even for Rigel's sake?

Basically, right now it's looking like it's shaping up to be what the Hoshido-Nohr conflict should've been like, albeit without Corrin.

Man please stop beating a dead horse with Fates. The story does sound great.

12 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Eh, Mae is no big deal honestly. Having all the characters dress super conservatively would be a little unrealistic tbh. Not everyone dresses the same, so it makes sense to have varying levels of coverage. And she is a mage on top of it, mages in most fantasy settings tend to not wear a lot of armor (In DnD wearing armor actually can cause spell failure due to armor getting in the way of proper casting requirements. Imagine trying to make various hand symbols and movements while wearing metal gauntlets and arm pieces restricting movement.)

And its not like we have another Camila here. She just has a short skirt essentially.

Regarding Amiibo, I was hoping for a bit more tbh from the other Fire Emblem amiibo. A special item, being able to use the character like Fates, or something along those lines. Oh well, Warriors/FE Switch should have it more fleshed out and give me a reason for owning the damn things.

Oh I know, I'm not too bothered by it, its just the lack of any piece of clothing covering her legs apart from a modesty cloth is a bit unrealistic. She still has a great personality and as I said before, all the art is amazing!

2 hours ago, Night Zap said:

The timeline is really interesting. I love that there's a justification for the calender, even though it's probably completetely irrelevant to the story. It simply helps to make the world feel alive.

And I love all the new art.

I think the "sage" is really suspicious. Did Archsage Hark live longer than normal humans in Gaiden? I can't remember...

Wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a Gotoh or Athos.

Edited by VincentASM

46 minutes ago, Hoshidokoala said:

Oh definitely, I really love the new art style. It's so pretty and all the characters look really unique in a good way and carry a lot of personality. Personally though, when it comes to Mae I don't mind the skirt (lack of skirt?) at all, what bothers me is that it does that thing with female armour where it's formfitted around the breasts. It always looks so unrealistic to me since there is no reason for it to dip in towards the middle. Awakening had it in spades too. Part of the reason I like the Tellius/Jugdral art is that it avoids this and have breastplates be a single curve instead. 

You know, even if the gameplay is exactly the same as it was 25 years ago, I appreciate that they're actually expanding the story and characters. All I remember about Tobin and Gray was that they were Alm's friends, and both wanted to bone Clair(Which Gray did).

I like how the "ancient history" dates of the Valentian timeline have no connection to any sort of event in either the Archanean or the Jugdralian "ancient history". Nothing special happened in either of those two when certain events happened in Valentia and nothing special happened in Valentia when certain events happened in either of those two continents. I also like how the humans who followed the two deities lived in communities other than Rigel or Zofia for some 2800 years at the very least. Also, remember the "it was a long, dark age before the bitter conflict was resolved with the binding of a divine accord" line from the first trailer? This would imply that Duma and Mila were around for quite a bit of time (a period long enough to be called an "age", even) before the "3000 years before present day" point in the timeline. That point simply indicates the establishment of the accord, nothing else.

I also like how the timeline works in regards to the fact that the event that caused Zofia's own famine happened two years before "present day, present time". That is, once you remember to take into account the fact that the game's own dates indicate that "present day" is the 401st year of the Valentian calendar, rather than the 400th.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

32 minutes ago, Slumber said:

You know, even if the gameplay is exactly the same as it was 25 years ago, I appreciate that they're actually expanding the story and characters. All I remember about Tobin and Gray was that they were Alm's friends, and both wanted to bone Clair(Which Gray did).

Sounds to me like you remembered everything that was written about them.

10 minutes ago, Thane said:

But lets not forget Grey's turn to alcoholism if Tobin dies and the probable abusive relationship Claire has with Grey because of that.

Das some deep shit right there.

31 minutes ago, Thane said:

I didnt believe anyone on the overall vagueness of the story in that game until I played it. Holy shit I dont think I have played through a more bare bones story than that. So glad they are clearly changing that.

21 minutes ago, Azz said:

But lets not forget Grey's turn to alcoholism if Tobin dies and the probable abusive relationship Claire has with Grey because of that.

Das some deep shit right there.

Wow, that is pretty crazy.

I kind of want a pic of Grey photoshopped onto some fat redneck with a sleeveless t-shirt and a beer gut now.

4 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I kind of want a pic of Grey photoshopped onto some fat redneck with a sleeveless t-shirt and a beer gut now.

Be careful what you wish for

Not quite what you described, but something I made earlier from today

Spoiler

mourning.png

1 minute ago, Aggro Incarnate said:

Hide contents

mourning.png

Oh no what have I done, I should have kept my moth shut XD

Edited by Azz

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Oh no what have I done.

No need to feel guilty, I made this hours before your post on a Discord chat :)

Back to more serious business:

The Zofian Symbol

system_symbol1.png

The Rigelian Symbol

system_symbol2.png

Map of Valentia

bg.png

Duma/Mila Mural

about_bg.jpg

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

3 hours ago, VincentASM said:

I think the "sage" is really suspicious. Did Archsage Hark live longer than normal humans in Gaiden? I can't remember...

I'd say it's more likely to be Nomah (if it's actually meant to be significant at all), since it specifically mentions that Mila approved the calendar, and Hark was the High Priest of Duma whereas Nomah was at least a priest of Mila.

Alright, so I'm pretty sure there's a new track on the website, and am just wanting to confirm what it is. I'm guessing Land of Shadows (Chapter 4's overworld music), but I might be wrong.

The other three are certainly the player phase music for Alm and Celica respectively and Chapter 3's overworld music.

Just now, Dayni said:

Alright, so I'm pretty sure there's a new track on the website, and am just wanting to confirm what it is. I'm guessing Land of Shadows (Chapter 4's overworld music), but I might be wrong.

The other three are certainly the player phase music for Alm and Celica respectively and Chapter 3's overworld music.

BGM 1 is the Ram Village theme 

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

20 minutes ago, Aggro Incarnate said:

Reveal hidden contents

mourning.png

Now just photoshop Claire on the floor in the background and we are golden.