English VA Speculation and Predictions

With the new PAX trailer for SOV released, IS gave us a taste of what the VA quality of Echoes will be. Most voices heard, despite hearing very little, sounded very fitting and well performed. But who do you think voices who? Or will voice other characters who haven't been announced?

8 minutes ago, KazeNinja17 said:

My main two guesses right now are:

Erica Lindbeck: Celica
Cherami Leigh: Mae

Anyone else, I'm not sure.

What roles has Cherami done? Also, if Erica Lindbeck is the VA for Celica I will die.(She is Futaba in P5). I was leaning more towards Laura Bailey(Rise in P4).

Just now, 1japanfan said:

What roles has Cherami done? Also, if Erica Lindbeck is the VA for Celica I will die.(She is Futaba in P5). I was leaning more towards Laura Bailey(Rise in P4).

Cherami has done Lucy from Fairy Tale, Asuna from Sword Art Online, Caeda, Gwendolyn, Cecilia from Fire Emblem Heroes, and she'll be Makoto (I believe) in Persona 5.

From the recent videos, I'd say:

Keith Silverstein: Saber

I know he had one voiced line, but his voice is pretty distinct.

As for the unannounced characters, the Whitewing sisters are most likely going to keep their Heroes VAs, so:

Laura Bailey: Palla

Brianna Knickerbocker: Est

Julianne Alexander: Catria

I'd be super happy if Brianna and Julianne came back for SoV. I loved their performances in Fates.

1 minute ago, Carnation said:

As for the unannounced characters, the Whitewing sisters are most likely going to keep their Heroes VAs, so:

I'd be super happy if Brianna and Julianne came back for SoV. I loved their performances in Fates.

I agree with Palla, Catria, and Est most likely being voiced by their FE Heroes voice actresses. Only one who might be up in the air is Laura Bailey because of how high in demand she is.

5 hours ago, Carnation said:

Who was Julianne? And yeah I think the pega sisters voices are quite good in Heroes.

20 minutes ago, 1japanfan said:

Who was Julianne? And yeah I think the pega sisters voices are quite good in Heroes.

Julianne Alexander a.k.a. Conner Kelley voiced Felicia and Setsuna in Fates.

On 3/15/2017 at 10:57 AM, Carnation said:

There's also Travis Willagham (the same actor who also voiced Lon'qu, Brady, Garon, and Ogma) who voiced Camus in Heroes since Zeke was his other name that he had lost his memory from the battle with Prince Marth's army in Shadow Dragon. But, I do hope the four of them get returned to voice them back to Echoes: Shadows of Valentia since this is definitely got done around when they were recording Fire Emblem Heroes before the game launched.

But, I still think that Kamui is definitively Bryce Papenbrook along with Mae is definitively Chemari Leigh and Faye is definitively Stephanie Sheh (the same voice actoress who also voiced Tharja, Rhajat, Kjelle, Beruka, and Sophie) since Faye sounded alot like Beruka and Sophie from Fates, Orihime Inoue from Bleach, Hinata Hyuga from Naruto, Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Usagi/Sailor Moon in the Viz dub of Sailor Moon.

Edited by King Marth 64

I personally hope Zeke is voiced by Roger Craig Smith, I think a voice similar to what he does with Chris Redfield would work with him. 

Or just go with Troy Baker's deep voice.

13 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I personally hope Zeke is voiced by Roger Craig Smith, I think a voice similar to what he does with Chris Redfield would work with him. 

Or just go with Troy Baker's deep voice.

Sadly, both are unlikely considering how the industry works.  Especially Troy Baker. It's almost impossible for him to be in the game.

Just now, Water Mage said:

Sadly, both are unlikely considering how the industry works.  Especially Troy Baker. It's almost impossible for him to be in the game.

Yeaaaah I know -.- haha. I can still dream.

23 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

There's also Travis Willagham (the same actor who also voiced Lon'qu, Brady, Garon, and Ogma) who voiced Camus in Heroes since Zeke was his other name that he had lost his memory from the battle with Prince Marth's army in Shadow Dragon. But, I do hope the four of them get returned to voice them back to Echoes: Shadows of Valentia since this is definitely got done around when they were recording Fire Emblem Heroes before the game launched.

But, I still think that Kamui is definitively Bryce Papenbrook along with Mae is definitively Chemari Leigh and Faye is definitively Stephanie Sheh (the same voice actoress who also voiced Tharja, Rhajat, Kjelle, and Beruka) since Faye sounded alot like Sophie from Fates, Orihime Inoue from Bleach, Hinata Hyuga from Naruto, Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Usagi/Sailor Moon in the Viz dub of Sailor Moon.

Honestly, there have been times where I've mistaken Bryce's roles for Vic's roles and vice versa. There are times where they both sound a like.

I forgot that Travis Willingham was Camus in Heroes. It would make sense that they get him back. Perhaps if they manage to get him, they could get Laura Bailey since the two of them are married.

I'm pretty sure the Whitewings will have the same VAs as in Heroes in both languages-- the voice recording was probably done at around the same time.
On a related note, it's kinda funny hearing Catria sound so much older than Palla. Eh, I'm just excited to see Catria in some less offensive artwork.

3 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I'm pretty sure the Whitewings will have the same VAs as in Heroes in both languages-- the voice recording was probably done at around the same time.
On a related note, it's kinda funny hearing Catria sound so much older than Palla. Eh, I'm just excited to see Catria in some less offensive artwork.

Catria was never my favorite of the Whitewings. That honor went to Palla, but I do agree, it'll be nice to see artwork of Catria that doesn't have her posed in such a way as her Heroes artwork. If Julianne is brought back as Catria, maybe she'll give the character a slightly younger voice. That being said, it's not uncommon for some older people to sound younger and some younger people to sound older in real life.

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

that was my big problem with laura bailey's voice for palla

she sounds way younger than catria and I don't think it really fits her at all

i like laura bailey but I kind of hope someone else voices her in echoes

6 minutes ago, KazeNinja17 said:

Catria was never my favorite of the Whitewings. That honor went to Palla, but I do agree, it'll be nice to see artwork of Catria that doesn't have her posed in such a way as her Heroes artwork. If Julianne is brought back as Catria, maybe she'll give the character a slightly younger voice. That being said, it's not uncommon for some older people to sound younger and some younger people to sound older in real life.

2 minutes ago, unique said:

that was my big problem with laura bailey's voice for palla

she sounds way younger than catria and I don't think it really fits her at all

i like laura bailey but I kind of hope someone else voices her in echoes

I think it was largely due to Lucina having an already established voice that's deeper-- Palla needed to be vocally differentiated for Heroes. It's really a wait-and-see type of deal here-- I'd rather just have Laura still do Palla but pitch things a tad deeper. Her performance on its own is 100% fine but Julianne voicing Catria makes it sound a bit awkward.

I will be at Anime Boston in two weeks. Here is the guest list so far: http://www.animeboston.com/guests/guest_listing/

To save a Click: Here is the list of confirmed North American VAs:

Voice Acting Guests

I don't know if anyone else from SF will be there but if you are, it might not hurt to ask if they can confirm their involvement with SoV. I plan to ask Greg, Cherami and Chris should I make it into their meet & greets since there's a good chance at least one of them worked on SoV.

Hmm...I know it's probably a long shot but is there any chance we might be able to ask Reina Strober if she worked on SoV as well? In case some folks don't know, she's Azura's English VA from Fates.

Rena Strober might not confirm if she's involved in Echoes or not. Especially since last time she said she was Azura when the first English trailer of Fates got released, she wasn't supposed to do that.

Also, Kyle McCarley MAY be involved in Echoes based on this tweet by John Ricciardi that he retweeted:

https://twitter.com/KyleMcCarley/status/833465684210298880

2 hours ago, KazeNinja17 said:

Rena Strober might not confirm if she's involved in Echoes or not. Especially since last time she said she was Azura when the first English trailer of Fates got released, she wasn't supposed to do that.

Also, Kyle McCarley MAY be involved in Echoes based on this tweet by John Ricciardi that he retweeted:

To go along with that. Kyle also agreed with Christian La Monte (the voice of Seliph), when he was thanking the crew for Heroes :

I definitely believe he is most likely Alm.

1 hour ago, RegularRandomPerson said:

https://twitter.com/KyleMcCarley/status/833465684210298880

To go along with that. Kyle also agreed with Christian La Monte (the voice of Seliph), when he was thanking the crew for Heroes :

I definitely believe he is most likely Alm.

If he's not Alm then he has SOME role in Echoes. Or at least Heroes. Just a matter of figuring out who. (As most are beginning to believe, most likely Alm)

To me, Mae sounds almost exactly like Edea Lee from Bravely Default so maybe Cassandra Lee Morris? Am I the only one who hears this?

tbh she does sound quite like Cherami Leigh too so I'm not sure.

10 hours ago, Hoshidokoala said:

To me, Mae sounds almost exactly like Edea Lee from Bravely Default so maybe Cassandra Lee Morris? Am I the only one who hears this?

tbh she does sound quite like Cherami Leigh too so I'm not sure.

You're not the only one who hears Edea Lee in there. To me, while I'm leaning more towards Cherami Leigh, it could easily be Cassandra Lee Morris as well.

17 hours ago, Aurabolt said:

I will be at Anime Boston in two weeks. Here is the guest list so far: http://www.animeboston.com/guests/guest_listing/

To save a Click: Here is the list of confirmed North American VAs:

Voice Acting Guests

I don't know if anyone else from SF will be there but if you are, it might not hurt to ask if they can confirm their involvement with SoV. I plan to ask Greg, Cherami and Chris should I make it into their meet & greets since there's a good chance at least one of them worked on SoV.

Hmm...I know it's probably a long shot but is there any chance we might be able to ask Reina Strober if she worked on SoV as well? In case some folks don't know, she's Azura's English VA from Fates.

I'll do a quick elimination on who NOT to ask in regards to the English VA.

You can safely eliminate Greg Ayres, Kyle Jones, and Bryson Baugus in the list.  Greg, Kyle, Bryson rarely does voice work outside of Texas (especially Bryson since he's one of the newer names in anime voice acting with his star making role as Bell Cranel in "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?"), and the Fire Emblem Echoes game is obviously going to be dubbed in Los Angeles. Kyle Jones most work as an ADR Director for Sentai Filmworks at Houston (he's also involved in the said "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?"), so these voice actors aren't going to have any clue on this.

You could ask Brina Palencia and Chris Sabat on this.  They both did some voice work in Los Angeles before and they have done a few video game voice acting in L.A. before, but they primarily work with Funimation at Dallas.

The rest in the list you can ask, but keep in note that voice actors are bound to NDA and can't reveal much details.  As far as I know from my knowledge in regards to the previous Fire Emblem games, the voice cast is usually revealed around the day of the U.S. release.

19 hours ago, Jedi said:

Yeaaaah I know -.- haha. I can still dream.

Troy Baker is union voice actor, so it's not gonna happen.

5 minutes ago, Dark Paladin X said:

I'll do a quick elimination on who NOT to ask in regards to the English VA.

You can safely eliminate Greg Ayres, Kyle Jones, and Bryson Baugus in the list.  Greg, Kyle, Bryson rarely does voice work outside of Texas (especially Bryson since he's one of the newer names in anime voice acting with his star making role as Bell Cranel in "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?"), and the Fire Emblem Echoes game is obviously going to be dubbed in Los Angeles. Kyle Jones most work as an ADR Director for Sentai Filmworks at Houston (he's also involved in the said "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?"), so these voice actors aren't going to have any clue on this.

You could ask Brina Palencia and Chris Sabat on this.  They both did some voice work in Los Angeles before and they have done a few video game voice acting in L.A. before, but they primarily work with Funimation at Dallas.

The rest in the list you can ask, but keep in note that voice actors are bound to NDA and can't reveal much details.  As far as I know from my knowledge in regards to the previous Fire Emblem games, the voice cast is usually revealed around the day of the U.S. release.

Troy Baker is union voice actor, so it's not gonna happen.

I would honestly love for Brina Palencia to be in Echoes. She's been one of my favorite voice actresses since her role as Eve in Black Cat, but given that she's predominantly a Dallas-based VA, my hopes haven't been too high even though she's done LA voice work.

And even if they managed to get Troy Baker (highly unlikely due to him being a high-in-demand VA and union), he'd either go uncredited or use a pseudonym.