Supports confirmed?

With a game expanding on the story as well as the characters, it'll be silly for them to not have fleshed out supports and I believe they know that. We could be getting a return on GBA style supports which gets me stocked although I did enjoy the FE9 styled supports.

while it could be a support it could also just be a talk

supports seem likely at this point but I'm not really taking this as confirmation 

i hope we can actually find out soon

It could be GBA style supports, or it could just be that they added talk events to some chapters.

But regardless what this talk command is, I feel like it would be pretty safe to say supports are in since other videos show characters getting support bonuses from each other and Celica/Mae seemingly gaining support points from fighting nearby. With how much they are expanding the story I can't imagine they'd have a support system without any conversations to it.

55 minutes ago, KazeNinja17 said:

If support conversations do return, I'll be happy since it added depth to some of the characters.

i feel like regardless of whether or not support conversations are returning, it's safe to assume they're adding depth to the characters

like, I was hoping that even if there were no support conversations the characters would at least be able to talk to each other since in the original most characters had one line of dialogue and never spoke again

and here we can see that not only do the characters have more lines, they can have actual conversations during battle

so it's really nice to see that the characters will probably be a lot more fleshed out

Imagine if there were not supports in the traditional sense - just short 1/2 sentences shared in the heat of battle, that would be different for each battle, and the bonuses collected depended on how many conversations they had, or battles fought together.

I'd like that.

Hmmm... It could be support but the timing seems weird. Well, it would really be like the GBA games where they actually talked during battles.

I'm curious as to what Mae has to say. She's cheeky.

44 minutes ago, HSDHayden said:

Theirs no support convos. There are still going to be talk convos in the maps thats at a fact at least

Please package that statement. Where are your sources? 

I really hope there are supports. Shadow Dragon and Radiant Dawn went way down on my list of games because of the lack of support conversations (I don't count RD's support everyone system as it's the conversations I care about and not the bonuses). Any game before 6 got a free pass because I knew they didn't have supports and were on older systems, but after 6, it's become something I expect to see and really hate if not there.

Since there was hearts appearing after Mae defeated the Brigand during in the PAX East Footage video in the Mountain Graveyard and it did made 2 range support for Celica that previous Fire Emblem games usually have hearts appeared to unlock supports that required for 1 range to get closer together. And we did seen Gray has a support with Alm and Tobin from the Japanese version of the website.

Speaking of supports, I wondered if we'll get something from the game like:

• Jesse and Est since Jesse did said to Celica that he was going to rescue Est when she was caught by Grieth's Army, but he got locked in the Fortress from the Desert (I wondered if he'll just ask Est if how she was doing alright during in Grieth's cell and Est might shock to hear from Jesse that he was trying to free her?)
  • Whitewings all three of them definitively
  • Jesse and Kamui + Saber since they're endings required to have Jesse alive that Jesse and Kamui builds a new kingdom after the war and Saber gets a new wife was mentioned in the original game's story ending
  • Clive with his comrades from the Deliverance such as Lukas, Python, and Forsyth before Alm and the other villagers joined in the Deliverance by the help of Lukas
  • Luthier and Delthea since they're sibilings
  • Clair with Tobin and Gray since Gray did married Clair after the war
  • Clive and Mathilda since Clive did married Mathilda after the war
  • Zeke and Tatiana, I wondered if he'll tell Tatiana about Nyna during in Shadow Dragon
  • Mycen and Alm, since Mycen did raised Alm and Celica when they were kids
  • Clive and Clair since they're sibilings
  • Valbar, Kamui, and Leon since they were together when we saw them fighting against Grieth's Army at Pirate Fortress
  • I wondered if the Alm and three villagers will have a support with Faye?
  • But, I have no idea about Atlas, Sonya, and Deen might going to have a support with?
Edited by King Marth 64

I talked about supports in a recent video of mine, and based off of what we have to work with so far, I'd be surprised if we get no supports.  Even bare bones conversations would be almost confirmed at this point.  

If you want to watch the video (don't because there are too many cringy jokes) here ya go

Spoiler

The only thing I'm really concerned about at this point is the marketing of the game.  Nintendo (and IS) are not doing so hot in that regard, and even if supports are in full effect, it won't mean crap if the advertising and marketing for Shadows of Valentia remains as stale as it is now.  I kinda want to yell at them; "What are you doing Nintendo!?" but then I remember that it costs a ton to make commercials or get adds out there.

On 17/3/2017 at 9:32 AM, Lady Sansa said:

yes Mae and Celica are lesbians

Sorry to disappoint you but Alm and Celica marry at the end of Gaiden.

1 hour ago, L9999 said:

Sorry to disappoint you but Alm and Celica marry at the end of Gaiden.

I think that they were either saying it in a sarcastic way, as in "yeah sure supports are in. I guess Mae can marry Celica then as well eh? Buncha mooks", or saying in a joking way, as in "hey look, they can support, I guess they are gay then, kek".

Edited by KliffIsTheOG

2 minutes ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

I think that they were either saying it in a sarcastic way, as in "yeah sure supports are in. I guess Mae can marry Celica then as well eh? Buncha mooks", or saying in a joking way, as in "hey look, they can support, I guess they are gay then, kek".

Yes, it is my sarcasm.

I think that was just a talk, but I also still think supports are in the game. With them trying to mash classic and modern games together, it would be dumb not to include a feature that would flesh out the characters more.

Honestly, it was the character depth and world building details in the supports that made me enjoy them, so even restricting it to small talks between characters will satisfy me since so many Gaiden characters have canon spouses.

Though I hope we earn battle bonuses with supports and can play around with it, I'm okay with a different system from Awakening and Fates.

Also, please give Alm his guaranteed Criticals in that final boss with Celica at his side just so I can watch hilarity ensue.

I think that supports have become integral to adding additional "flesh" the characters of the series and I am excited to see them here in Echoes.  However, I hope that they bring more depth to the supports rather than some of the silly tropes.  Personally, after some of the supports from Awakening and Fates, I hope that there are some more serious conversations, perhaps even some darker ones.  Upon saying this, I know not all of the supports in Fates and Awakening were "silly", but for me there were not many conversations that were inherently dark, mysterious, challenging or intriguing either.

This basically confirms for me that support conversations are in, in at least some form. It looks to me that we are getting gba style (in battle) supports which is a shame because I personally like the new style (Out of battle)