Training Tower Quest Woes

Falcom

9 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

The highest-Attack flier I have on my team is Cherche, with 44. Lowest is a 3* Palla, who's pretty much only there to fight off green units - she has 32.

I'm currently on 11/15, with at least 7 failed attempts.

At least you have a 3* ... which is what I am planning on Armor.

Ouch... I dont have any strong attacking unit. Only Est with Heavy Spear (lol) .. Planning to use the starting stratum reset trick in case of bad matchup. Narcian and Palla with Ruby/Emarald weapon gets rid of Lance/Axe Knight... Hopefully Blue HS and beat out Sword Knight unit.

Edited by Ryuke

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just test ran Michalis with my quad axe flier team versus 3 lances and 1 shuriken (who turned out to be a super Saizo, of course). Actually having someone other than Narcian who can deal serious damage (thanks to Emerald and Lancebreaker—my -Atk Camilla has 30 and Beruka's got 37, which is on par for trading 1:1 without her proc; Michalis not only brings 41 Atk, but Threaten Def) was enough to make it a borderline stomp. And Michalis was only level 35.

Phew, finally done with flierquest. They started getting more fun towards the end because I learned to use them better, but also more stats--I started when the squad was around 35(sans Catria, who was already 40 due to being a bonus character once), and Tsubaki and Cherche hit lv 40 by the end, and Palla was lv 38. 

Since I was cherrypicking red-heavy teams to fight, Tsubaki is usually MVP, doing the heavy baiting and can usually KO--and if not, Catria can help him out there. Palla was mostly buffs, though she can fight a green if need be. I gave Cherche Ardent Sacrifice from a 3* Florina I had lying around, and it was actually quite thematically fitting--plus since self-selecting for red heavy teams means she is often not in battle and instead just providing buffs (valuable when the lone blue shows up though). 

Actually Tsubaki is just straight up awesome because he also made a ton of swap saves. Especially because he's so tanky.

I have the Armors but is it even possible or worthwhile to raise them to Level 40 as 3* and attempt 10th Stratum? I mean, I have the Feathers but not the willingness to unlock two Gwendolyn's and a Draug.

Still doing the Fliers and Cavalry quests. Feel bad I wasted a few Light's Blessings after forgetting Jagen and Palla had skills to boost their respective types. At least I still have more than 10 lying around...

10 hours ago, Ryuke said:

Have anyone managed to beat 10th Stratum with 4x level 40 at 4* units? I really dont want to lose the orbs ... but is what I plan

Yes!  That was my flying team!  But I kind-of got lucky with a +Atk Camilla, so take that as you will.

Cherche is amazing on that quest.  Fortify Defense and 44 MT is damn good.  Subaki/Palla didn't care, because of jewel weapons.  Camilla didn't care because she could nuke squishies.

18 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

I have the Armors but is it even possible or worthwhile to raise them to Level 40 as 3* and attempt 10th Stratum? I mean, I have the Feathers but not the willingness to unlock two Gwendolyn's and a Draug.

Still doing the Fliers and Cavalry quests. Feel bad I wasted a few Light's Blessings after forgetting Jagen and Palla had skills to boost their respective types. At least I still have more than 10 lying around...

One Gwendolyn/Draug might be worth it.  Their 4* skills give bonuses to armored units.

EDIT: Finished cavalry/flying. Cavalry became pretty easy once Stahl inherited Hone Cavalry (he got it from a Gunter with terrible boon/bane, I've still got the free one).  Flying was tricky - I chose quests that were chock-full of melee weapons, because I had someone of each color that could tank them (Cherche/Subaki/Palla).  Camilla could take the odd blue magic hit.

Need to get around to doing infantry.  My arena team is doing a lot better than expected.

Edited by eclipse

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

One Gwendolyn/Draug might be worth it.  Their 4* skills give bonuses to armored units.

I do already have a 4* Gwendolyn from pulling her. So you think unlocking a Draug might be worth it? And the rest could be 3* but Level 40?

+HP/-Atk 4* Gwendolyn, +HP/-Res 3* Gwendolyn, +Def/-Res 3* Gwendolyn, neutral Draug is the line-up. No qualms doing the raising. The Feather dump is where I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, Dual Dragons said:

I do already have a 4* Gwendolyn from pulling her. So you think unlocking a Draug might be worth it? And the rest could be 3* but Level 40?

+HP/-Atk 4* Gwendolyn, +HP/-Res 3* Gwendolyn, +Def/-Res 3* Gwendolyn, neutral Draug is the line-up. No qualms doing the raising. The Feather dump is where I'm concerned.

Ouch, -Atk.  If she's being used as an aurabot, it shouldn't be quite as painful.

I'd say Draug would be worth it, because he gives whoever's in range a nice Def/Res buff.  Ideally, you'd have something like Shove/Pivot on everyone.

As many here I won't bother with the Armor Quest, while the 3 orbs are tempting I don't really want to train up 2 Draugs and a +SPD Effie for this.

Fliers done (thanks Hinoka!), Cavalry & Infantry on its way. Playing the starting stratum to reset the final one was key with my color unbalanced team (except the Infantry one with Takumi).

9 hours ago, ExpendableExtra said:

Are you going full Ursula -Blade Power charging? Should be good, I guess in a pinch, Jagen or Gunter can take a hit to wall off enemies, but their speed probably means they can't take much more then one round of punishment.

Fliers- I think Hinoka has Hone Fliers so you definitely want her. Not sure about your other choices though, Think Camilla's worth it if you can Hone her attack to be pretty monstrous on Brave weapons.

Actually yes, I gave Ursula the Blarblade from a spare 3* Robin-M I had, and she just unlocked it yesterday. She's Lv.36 right now, so is not far off being capable of holding her own in a Lv.40 fight. Gunter's high Def is quite useful too, should I need it. I'm conflicted about who to take as a last cavalry unit. I'm considering either Clarine or Cecilia, but Cecilia is so damn slow, and her only redeeming factor is her advantage against colourless and blue enemies. Clarine on the other hand can heal, has more speed and defenses, and can deal some decent damage when buffed, if needed. As it stands, I've currently got 3/15 wins on this task.

Yep, Hinoka has hone fliers, just still needs to be trained as she's still sitting on level 34. I've seen Subaki taking hit after hit with his high Def, so I think he is a given on this team. He still needs raising, though. For me it's a tossup between Cherche and my newly acquired Michalis. I think Michalis wins out since he'd be the only one that could mitigate bow bonus dmg, and Cherche is so goddamned slow and only has her defenses and hammer to make up for it.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Ouch, -Atk.  If she's being used as an aurabot, it shouldn't be quite as painful.

I'd say Draug would be worth it, because he gives whoever's in range a nice Def/Res buff.  Ideally, you'd have something like Shove/Pivot on everyone.

Unfortunately, I'm short on dupes of Shove/Pivot. Still, I'll have a go with Draug and even Gunter for the Cavalry quest. Thanks!

I'm thinking of giving my Subaki poison touch or w/e it's called if he's able to get it. He's able to tank so many hits, but some red foes take forever to whittle down and sometimes get him on their specials because his attack is so low. I'd give him hone attack, but would +3 attack really beat guaranteed 8 damage or whatever the highest is? I have so many Matthews just kicking about...

Two off finishing the flier quest. I've made more progress on the cavalry one since the matches went more in the favour of Leo and Reinhardt, with back up by Sully and Gunther.

...Still 0 on the armour quest, but I'll focus on that for the lols once I've got these two actually possible ones out the way. I will unleash the Draugocalypse xD

9 hours ago, Ryuke said:

Does the 3* hold you back or its do-able.

Right now, it doesn't seem doable. Armors suffer in cramped maps with canyons. They melt in the presence of magic. They are slow killers, except maybe Effie. Armosrslayer destroys them. Triangle disadvantage destroys them. And now, I've seen that a big attacker also destroys them, even with triangle advantage.

In my view, playing 4 armors should be reserved for the endgame ultimate challenge.

4/15 Armor clear so far with double Draug, Sheena, and Gwen.

This is frustrating as hell. One is freaking Beruka who is literally a mega wall once her HP hits half (and Lunge destroys my positioning), second is healers in general, third is their Atk is too low to actually make swift kill of anything.

Wish I had an Effie or Hector...

Edited by pianime94

I had no red cavalry and I got absolutely trashed on by a goddamn Bartre. His resistances were huge, and there were no structures I could've used to kite him.

4 hours ago, chirp said:

Right now, it doesn't seem doable. Armors suffer in cramped maps with canyons. They melt in the presence of magic. They are slow killers, except maybe Effie. Armosrslayer destroys them. Triangle disadvantage destroys them. And now, I've seen that a big attacker also destroys them, even with triangle advantage.

In my view, playing 4 armors should be reserved for the endgame ultimate challenge.

I am going to pray on Hector God to finish them. Maybe cherry pick blue team.

Progress - Cavalry: 2/15 || Fliers: 1/15 || Armor: N/A
Cavalry Team: 4* Stahl, 4* Jegan, 5* Cain, 4* Ursula || Alt: 3* Gunter, 3* Celicia (Both need training, and Celicia could use a Gronnblade Tome)
Flier Team: 4* Cherche, 4* Caeda (Level 28, Fortify Fliers), 4* Cherche, 5* Camilla || Alt: 4* Palla, Lvl 20
Managed to complete the Infantry quest, but it is going to be a long, hard road for Cavalry and Fliers...

It is looking more and more likely that I will need to train up Gunter for his Hone Cavalry to replace Stahl, and then try to find a spare Odin to give Ursula Blárblade (and Moonbow). Jegan sucks, but he is the only one with Fortify Cavalry and decent RES on the team. Stahl is all right, but he is a heavy liability when facing Blue units due to his Ruby Sword. His low SPD and RES does not help Stahl with mages either. Then, as always, Cain carries the team, but he can only do so much by himself.

As for fliers, I have far too many Greens, and all it takes is one Red in the matchup to completely screw my team over, especially if that unit has a Ruby Sword. The only reason I am running Caeda is for Fortify Fliers. There is also Palla that I can use, but I'll need to level her up. Then, there is the "problem" that Caeda and Palla are not optimized to my liking, making me hesitant to train them, but the lure of Orbs are strong...

I am not going to worry about the Armor quest. I have Sheena, but she has -ATT and naturally has low ATT in the first place. Then I got a couple Draugs, but they are not that good either.

@Sire

There is also the thought that they may have similar quests in the future, so you might as well train up at least a basic team of all four (if possible) now in preparation, and then add or remove as necessary.

Let's see ...

Next month will be

1) All Red
2) All Blue
3) All Green
4) All Dagger
5) All Bow
6) All Dragon
7) HEALER??

Am I missing any? (Since ... I will train 4x of these as soon as ... this month is over)

1 minute ago, Ryuke said:

Let's see ...

Next month will be

1) All Red
2) All Blue
3) All Green
4) All Dagger
5) All Bow
6) All Dragon
7) HEALER??

Am I missing any? (Since ... I will train 4x of these as soon as ... this month is over)

Hmmm... I better keep my dupe F!Corrin then, since otherwise I've only got three dragons... I think you're right, though. They will come up with more combinations.

How about all tome?

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Hmmm... I better keep my dupe F!Corrin then, since otherwise I've only got three dragons... I think you're right, though. They will come up with more combinations.

How about all tome?

So.. we split all the Sword and Tome apart -- Pretty much.

Any extra are ... Skill Inheritance fed.. lulz

I finished the Infantry and Armor quests over this last weekend and I'm currently in the process of training up sufficient units for the Cavalry and Flyer versions.

Infantry went pretty smoothly overall; obviously team composition is quite flexible for this quest, but 5* Lucina/5* Nowi/5* Klein/4* Olivia (all level 40 except for lvl 36-ish Olivia) worked tremendously well, going deathless on ~70% of the battles they attempted.  I quite enjoyed this one.

Armor on the other hand... Even with as close to an optimal team as you could possibly get for this sort of thing (5* Hector/4* Effie/5* Sheena/4* Draug, all level 40 except for lvl 39 Draug), it was a complete pain to get through.  Draug was a massive liability most of the time, as he often just did chip damage in even or advantaged match-ups, and was destroyed by mages without a second thought.  Additionally, the only movement "booster" I had available was Shove on Effie, meaning I frequently lost good runs because I wasn't able to get a damaged unit to safety in time... The strategy basically depended on Fortified Hector being able to tank and KO any enemy mages that were around, and praying that the rest of my squad could clean up the rest.

10 hours ago, pianime94 said:

4/15 Armor clear so far with double Draug, Sheena, and Gwen.

This is frustrating as hell. One is freaking Beruka who is literally a mega wall once her HP hits half (and Lunge destroys my positioning), second is healers in general, third is their Atk is too low to actually make swift kill of anything.

Wish I had an Effie or Hector...

Oh boy, do I have a story for you...

Spoiler

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_fb.thumb.jpg.f86fabf7e743cbd5cdbcc145da698052.jpg

My Hector only has 49 atk due to a -Atk nature and you'd have to be crazy to think that Draug could actually damage a unit whom he had WTA against... :(:

I'd give the armor quest a 2/10, purely for a tiny amount of masochistic pleasure and the fact that 3 orbs are objectively superior to no orbs.

As for the flyers, I might give it a try with 4* Caeda/4* Shanna/4* Cherche/5* Camilla (all soon to be level 40 aside from lvl 29 Caeda, who is just there for Fortify Fliers anyway) while I train up Subaki/Michalis.  For Cavalry, I'm basically going to need to train 2* Gunter and/or a healer from scratch to even have a shot at it, so it'll require roughly 3000 years a significant time investment.

Edited by red-and-soulless