Training Tower Quest Woes

Falcom

Fliers is done. Armours is a lost cause, so my stamina is going to be used to complete the lunatic challenge quests. Is the 9-5 one even possible without cheesing it? RIP my light's blessings.

Edited by Korath88

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Fliers is done. Armours is a lost cause, so my stamina is going to be used to complete the lunatic challenge quests. Is the 9-5 one even possible without cheesing it? RIP my light's blessings.

I haven't tried the 9- ones yet, but I'm guessing a light blessing each xD I hope next month's quests don't need so many for me as I'd like to build them back up slightly...

10 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I haven't tried the 9- ones yet, but I'm guessing a light blessing each xD I hope next month's quests don't need so many for me as I'd like to build them back up slightly...

I beat 9-4 without deaths, but 9-5 had to be cheesed with a light's blessing. Will be trying out the other 3 when my stamina refills.

Edit: 9-3 has been completed on first try! Apparently Michalis just destroys the map.

Edited by Korath88

Just now, Korath88 said:

I beat 9-4 without deaths, but 9-5 had to be cheesed with a light's blessing. Will be trying out the other 3 when my stamina refills.

I waited during lunch for the last two stamina I needed to refill for one of the 5- quests. A friend distracted me and I started the map without looking... I started with the wrong team >.< No axe user. Waste of stamina. I surrendered in disgrace -.-

4 hours ago, Korath88 said:

I beat 9-1 and 9-4, then I beat 9-2 but it turned out I included wrong units (a sword instead of a staff) due to not paying attention. Me stupid.

EDIT: beat 9-2 again with a staff user, as I was supposed to. Only 9-3 and 9-5 left.
EDIT again: beat 9-3 after much swearing and several stamina potions. 9-5 left.
EDIT AGAIN AGAIN: 9-3 REQUIRES A SWORD!@#!@#!@#!@#!@
EDIT AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN: FUCKING BEAT FUCKING 9-3!
EDIT ONE LAST TIME BEFORE I GIVE UP: FUCKING FUCK FUCKING 9-5. How the hell did I even beat it in the story mode without losing units? Oh wait, I didn't.

Edited by Vaximillian

Pretty sure its not your first time playing 9-5.

Come on... 9-4 / 9-5 Personal Units is definitely easier than 10th stratum Selective unit (then again ... its been a while)

7 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Edit: 9-3 has been completed on first try! Apparently Michalis just destroys the map.

I managed to do all the Ch. 9 ones without using a Light's Blessing. I don't think I've used any of mine since I've started playing actually, haha.

Although for 9-5 I'm almost certain +Atk Ninian is required, which is a little ridiculous. I mention Ninian specifically because of compressing both of Corrin (F) and Olivia's roles into one slot, ORKO'ing Xander on enemy phase and getting your red sword into position for Veronica, freeing up a space for an axe user you can stuff into the corner. From my experience, an axes don't really help at all in 9-5 since the only blue is a fast mage along with two very bulky reds.

Fliers quest is still a pain though

EDIT: Glad I'm wrong about that

Edited by MrSmokestack

Lunatic story quests were extremely easy. 9-5 was the easiest its ever been for me due to proper positioning and the glory that is Ephraim + Swordbreaker. (Ran Ryoma, Ephraim, Erika, + Random for most of the missions, swapping out the last slot for whatever character I needed. For 9-5, I ran F!Robin, Ephraim, Ryoma, and Camilla. Ephraim and Ryoma easily killed Xander and Veronica [Ephraim had F!Robin finish off the massively weak Xander, allowing him to one-shot the Troubadour.] From there it was simply cleaning up.)
As for the Training Tower quests, it is still rough. I am now leveling up Gunter for my Cavalry Team (currently Stahl, Jagen, Ursula, and Cain), as well as leveling up Palla for my Flying Team (originally Caeda, Cherche, Cherche, Camilla || Palla replaced Caeda). All that is left is get an Odin so I can give Ursula the Blarblade tome, but otherwise I am making slow but steady progress!

As for Armors, I'm still not too enthusiastic about doing that quest, but I was inspired to use the "lowly 2* Draug" who has balanced stats.

Name		HP	ATT	SPD	DEF	RES	Total
Draug		50	30	32	39	18	169

Draug		Killing Edge+*	|| Ignis*, Pivot*		|| Defiant DEF*, Seal DEF*, Threaten SPD*

"Draug was the laughing stock of all armored units. Some knights mocked him for his Brave Lunges that would do little but charge up the enemy, as well as put himself out of position. Other knights scoffed at him, saying his reliance on defensive wards would do little in the long run. The fast Myrmidons run in circles around him, taunting Draug with their Armorslayers.

How wrong they all will be... as soon as I get enough feathers to properly promote the guy and all the SP to give him all of these custom skills."

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Although for 9-5 I'm almost certain +Atk Ninian is required, which is a little ridiculous. I mention Ninian specifically because of compressing both of Corrin (F) and Olivia's roles into one slot, ORKO'ing Xander on enemy phase and getting your red sword into position for Veronica, freeing up a space for an axe user you can stuff into the corner. From my experience, an axes don't really help at all in 9-5 since the only blue is a fast mage along with two very bulky reds.

Can confirm Ninian not required. I just did it with Gunter/Cordelia/Eirika/Nino. Cordy goes into Xander's range. Nino goes into Veronica's. End turn. Veronica gets ORKOed, Xander takes damage. Cordy Galeforces off Xander and kills the Troubadour behind him. Everyone else pulls back. Enemy moves closer. Eirika and Nino work together to kill blue mage, leaving Eirika in swordguy's range. She doesn't die, and everyone then mobs swordguy. Game.

Well, right now I'm training 3 Draugs and Gwendolyn in an attemt to completely BS my way through both Lunatic 7-5 and tenth floor. So far the armors cooperate, althrough they are still about as mobile as a house. Gwendolyn's +6 Atk/Speed to armors ended up actually fixing Draug's problematic attack and allowing him to double more than half the enemies he fights (with a Steel so far - getting Ward Armor is the highest priority). Maybe I'll save my feathers and not promote 3rd Draug to 4* - maybe 2 Ward Armors will be enough.

11 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

Well, right now I'm training 3 Draugs and Gwendolyn in an attemt to completely BS my way through both Lunatic 7-5 and tenth floor. So far the armors cooperate, althrough they are still about as mobile as a house. Gwendolyn's +6 Atk/Speed to armors ended up actually fixing Draug's problematic attack and allowing him to double more than half the enemies he fights (with a Steel so far - getting Ward Armor is the highest priority). Maybe I'll save my feathers and not promote 3rd Draug to 4* - maybe 2 Ward Armors will be enough.

I have a 3* and a 4* Draug. Training to level 40.
Honestly.. 4* Draug sucks (he has better B/B because I promoted him from 3*) ... but Brave Sword is awfully bad. It makes mage wanting to target him more ... because his speed is even slower. (-5 spd on brave). That being said. I am still leaving him there because I can train Draug 3* at an easier rate since 4* is the priority.

As soon as my Hector hits level 40... It's Hector, Wendy (40), Draug x2 (at whatever level they last at)

I'm still raising my flying team.

Camille is still 5* level 40 obviously, however the other 3 have done some growing themselves. Mainly Subaki and Michalis, who are now levels 32 and 31 respectively, whilst Hinoka is now level 35. Once they've all hit 37 or so, I'll start taking on the 10th stratum.

Edited by Raven

The rest of 9 has been completed.

Beat 9-2 easily. Michalis kills the blue knight, Roy kills the green knight and Narcian, and Ninian kills Zephiel.

9-1 was completed only needing  Michalis and Roy (and a dancer). Kagero was just tagging along.

Thinking back, I only really lost 9-5 as I didn't expect Michalis to be able to tank 2 hits from the blue mage, otherwise I would have probably won.

Well, my first cavalry-only victory involved Eliwood attacking a Sapphire Lance+ Azura and Gunter facetanking a magic unit. Strange times.

As far as the Lunatic quests go, doing 9-3 took a couple of attempts, but I got there in the end.

This is surprisingly not terrible. Shame I can't even attempt the armour quest, though.

finished the flier quest with caeda florina michalis and palla

those orbs weren't too useful but at least now I don't need palla anymore so I can give someone moonbow

OKAY that's it. Someone please explain how to effectively finish the Fliers quest, pretty please! I have spent tons of stamina on the 10th stratum and end up having one ally defeated then it all goes down the drain LIKE UGH WHAT THE *&#^.

17 hours ago, Korath88 said:

3 hours ago, unique said:

finished the flier quest with caeda florina michalis and palla

those orbs weren't too useful but at least now I don't need palla anymore so I can give someone moonbow

Halp meeee plezz! ?

ALSO CAN I JUST SAY THAT NARCIAN IS UTTERLY USELESS, CAN'T TAKE A HIT ON PHYSICAL ATTACKS, EASILY BLOWN AWAY BY MAGES (EVEN BLUES!), WEAK OVERALL DAMAGE , SLOWER THAN SNAILS AND MOST OF ALL, HIS FACE IS STARTING TO ANNOY ME. IF I JUST HAD OTHER CHOICES I WOULD NEVER, IN THE WHOLE WORLD CHOOSE HIM. EVER! 

Eherm, so... can anyone please tell me how to manage a team full of fliers since I never run fliers at all (even from the original series. Idk. I just find them... lackluster and underwhelming)

So here is an overview of my team that I worked hard on leveling (God, so many stamina spent in such a short time): 

All 4☆s *weeps*

-> Caeda (Lv. 39) <-

Hp: 34

Atk: 30

Spd: 37

Def: 19

Res: 32

Okay, I think Caeda is a good flier that offers good support for the team, and being the only red flier that I have, I use her to take out greens. It's amazing how she can eat magic damage and that ability has saved me a ton of times. Her armorslayer is actually not that helpful since her defences is as thin as paper. Like why bother using those when she can't even take a punch?! 

Spoiler

tumblr_ltxugeJk011qbcq69.jpg.21bc145afbb1a8e69c5231b188349e02.jpg

-> Michalis (Lv. 40)<-

Hp: 40

Atk: 43

Spd: 24

Def: 33

Res: 17

Michalis has been good to me (the irony!). He takes care of the pesky archers and most blues in the map. I had him inherit Drag Back, and oh boy does he make a good combo starter for his Wingmen (Ha!). His atk is high and so is his def which is nice for fronting. No problems with this guy so far. 

-> Cordelia (Lv. 40) <-

Hp: 37

Atk: 38

Spd: 31

Def: 20

Res: 20

Obviously my main attacker in the team. Surprisingly, her Astra helps a lot since she procs it all the time with Brave Lance and incredible Speed (I usually have Caeda boost her speed up for extreme x4 hits!). Yeah, not much to say about her since she has a simple role, and she does it just fine! Lovely!

AND NOW... THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR... *DRUM ROLL*

Okay no he doesn't deserve any drum rolls, shoo.

-> Narcian Lv. 40 <-

Hp: 41

Atk: 35

Spd: 25

Def: 30

Res: 23

Okay, I don't know what his specific role is, or what he does best, but this guy... this guy is just... d6f.jpg.0bb52349dc0a3044a507ebd7ce7010b7.jpg

He's just there behind my team, adoring himself as usual. Even with Caeda's buffs his defenses are downright ridiculous. Sure, he helps kill most of blues, but Michalis can definitely do that part better than him. I already put Hp+3 on him (also hp +4 and Swap but not enough SP, sadly). I dunno. I just use him as Cordelia's "Second Life" (I put Reciprocal Aid on Cordelia btw) so that she'll get more chances of living. Idk, this guy is just not helping.

My other fliers are: 

Est, Shanna, Florina, Cherche, and Beruka. Unfortunately, they are all 3☆s and underleveled. But if you have any recommendations, I would gladly consider training some of them.

So there you have it. If you somehow managed to make it to this part, then I would like to deeply thank you for bearing with me and my rants (especially about the narcissistic freak). I just couldn't accept the fact that among 10 or so runs, only 1 battle was counted to the quest because at least one of them almost immediately dies. 

So please, please please, share your thoughts and strategies upon completing this God-forsaken quest. Great Thanks in advance! ?

Edited by Lucıůs

9 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

Halp meeee plezz! ?

Get your flying units to lvl 40, make sure you have a good mix of colors if possible, pick your fights since going against teams with more than one archer can be risky if you can't kill them first, and avoid the occasional x5 enemy group.  The rest is strategy and luck since the enemy units have a mix of stats.

23 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

OKAY that's it. Someone please explain how to effectively finish the Fliers quest, pretty please! I have spent tons of stamina on the 10th stratum and end up having one ally defeated then it all goes down the drain LIKE UGH WHAT THE *&#^.

I hope you grabbed the free Subaki, because he's absolutely godly here.  Tanks damage like no one's business and hits twice. . .maybe not too hard, but he'll hit Hinata for more than 0 damage, while Hinata does nothing, so it's a win by attrition.

If you need a fourth member, I'd recommend Cherche (but for the love of everything get her up to 4*).  Use her as an armor delete button.

Thanks a bunch for the lightning speed respones! :wub:

24 minutes ago, Sarracenia said:

Get your flying units to lvl 40, make sure you have a good mix of colors if possible, pick your fights since going against teams with more than one archer can be risky if you can't kill them first, and avoid the occasional x5 enemy group.  The rest is strategy and luck since the enemy units have a mix of stats.

As of now I have 1 red, 1 blue, and 2 greens. So is it basically just re-shuffling the 10th stratum till you get like 3 easy enemies? Hm... never thought about that before. 

16 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I hope you grabbed the free Subaki, because he's absolutely godly here.  Tanks damage like no one's business and hits twice. . .maybe not too hard, but he'll hit Hinata for more than 0 damage, while Hinata does nothing, so it's a win by attrition.

If you need a fourth member, I'd recommend Cherche (but for the love of everything get her up to 4*).  Use her as an armor delete button.

I do managed the free Subaki, but never bothered training him. (I have a strong belief that I will pull him someday as a natural 4☆ but that day hasn't come yet). 

All righty! Working on building Cherche now, I've heard she's good but honestly, anything to replace the no-good, egoistic turd will do. What specific skills should Cherche generally have? I ask this now so as I level her up, I already have a plan on how to spend her SP.

Thanks!  

1 minute ago, Lucıůs said:

All righty! Working on building Cherche now, I've heard she's good but honestly, anything to replace the no-good, egoistic turd will do. What specific skills should Cherche generally have? I ask this now so as I level her up, I already have a plan on how to spend her SP.

Thanks!  

Neutral Subaki is pretty godly, IMO.

Cherche really wants a special skill, so that she gets something out of the sheer number of things that double her.  She naturally comes with Attack Plus (bleh) and Fortify Defense (Caeda likes this).  If you want a stupid gimmick build, Wings of Mercy/Escape Route.  If you actually want her to kill things (like she should), Quick Riposte, since she'll be absorbing green/blue physical units.  If you want to keep her as a long-term unit because she's +Atk or something, give her a Brave Axe and Death Blow.

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Neutral Subaki is pretty godly, IMO.

Oh dear, that is a valid point. This monk is missing out, indeed!

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Cherche really wants a special skill, so that she gets something out of the sheer number of things that double her.  She naturally comes with Attack Plus (bleh) and Fortify Defense (Caeda likes this).  If you want a stupid gimmick build, Wings of Mercy/Escape Route.  If you actually want her to kill things (like she should), Quick Riposte, since she'll be absorbing green/blue physical units.  If you want to keep her as a long-term unit because she's +Atk or something, give her a Brave Axe and Death Blow.

Neat! Then I plan to set her up with Glimmer and Quick Riposte. The idea of Wings of mercy is actually clever, but since my fliers are always travelling together for buffs and such, I suppose there is no reason to have a Teleporting Minerva around the map. Thank you very much for the huge contribution! Hopefully this one will work out. :D:

3 hours ago, Lucıůs said:

ALSO CAN I JUST SAY THAT NARCIAN IS UTTERLY USELESS, CAN'T TAKE A HIT ON PHYSICAL ATTACKS, EASILY BLOWN AWAY BY MAGES (EVEN BLUES!), WEAK OVERALL DAMAGE , SLOWER THAN SNAILS AND MOST OF ALL, HIS FACE IS STARTING TO ANNOY ME. IF I JUST HAD OTHER CHOICES I WOULD NEVER, IN THE WHOLE WORLD CHOOSE HIM. EVER! 

I'm laughing at this because Narcian has carried me to 11/15 flying victories so far. Granted, I'm sure Michalis is the superior unit, but I started this quest before Michalis was out, and I probably won't train Michalis to 40 for a while.

My team is 4* Caeda, 4* Palla, 4* Shanna, and 4* Narcian, and I started running them at level 33. Currently 36/39/40/39 respectively. I haven't even touched inheritance yet, and probably won't for until I near a full barracks (haven't sent anyone home yet). With that in mind, can confirm Shanna kind of sucks, and I wish I trained Cordelia or Catria instead since my team is in desperate need of offensive ability. Considering swapping her out for 3* Subaki. Caeda can't kill things and only exists to buff. Palla is also a great buff machine. Narcian is the true MVP of this team.

-

Given your other fliers, I would keep your team as it is, unless you really want to train Subaki (who, even at 3*, is pretty competent) up.

Reroll the Training Tower by doing 1 stamina Training Tower missions. Don't participate in match ups that are bad for your team. A good match up for you, obviously, is a lot of lances. I would even go for no bows in the line up, unless you're confident you can make sure none of your fliers are hit, and Michalis can take them out. To efficiently accomplish this, switch off between Cavalry/Infantry/Fliers/etc.

> It's all about the matchups! Decided to use a Stamina potion for fun, and just finished the flier quest. My team obliterated the following team. Never give up!

IMG_1301.PNG

Edited by Iris

Flier quest is complete! Narcian and Tsubaki really carried my team, Florina did some stuff, and Caeda was just there for the sake of being there I guess. I'm gonna try to do the cavalry quest next. Sully and Stahl, with their sapphire lance and ruby sword, are going to attempt to do the same stuff that Narcian and Tsubaki did. With a healer on my cavalry team, I hope this is less painful.

Yup, the idea of Narcian being bad made me laugh. He fits a comfortable niche - put him against lances, they die. The end. With Subaki sorting out swords, that's two so far. Palla helped me by rounding out axes and then it was a case of picking my matches carefully. I occasionally went up against a mage, but those were riskier. I had to kill them before they killed me ^.^