Training Tower Quest Woes

Falcom

Finished cavalry last night.

I'm planning on training up a Palla this weekend to round out my color coverage for the flyers quest. Hinoka x2, Camilla x2, and Minerva isn't exactly good coverage.

I might train up a second Draug and Gwendolyn to replace my current 5-star neutral-nature versions of them. If unit type quests keep coming like this, I'm going to want my armors to loaded to the teeth with a proper nature and skill set.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Iris said:

I'm laughing at this because Narcian has carried me to 11/15 flying victories so far. Granted, I'm sure Michalis is the superior unit, but I started this quest before Michalis was out, and I probably won't train Michalis to 40 for a while.

My team is 4* Caeda, 4* Palla, 4* Shanna, and 4* Narcian, and I started running them at level 33. Currently 36/39/40/39 respectively. I haven't even touched inheritance yet, and probably won't for until I near a full barracks (haven't sent anyone home yet). With that in mind, can confirm Shanna kind of sucks, and I wish I trained Cordelia or Catria instead since my team is in desperate need of offensive ability. Considering swapping her out for 3* Subaki. Caeda can't kill things and only exists to buff. Palla is also a great buff machine. Narcian is the true MVP of this team.

-

Given your other fliers, I would keep your team as it is, unless you really want to train Subaki (who, even at 3*, is pretty competent) up.

Reroll the Training Tower by doing 1 stamina Training Tower missions. Don't participate in match ups that are bad for your team. A good match up for you, obviously, is a lot of lances. I would even go for no bows in the line up, unless you're confident you can make sure none of your fliers are hit, and Michalis can take them out. To efficiently accomplish this, switch off between Cavalry/Infantry/Fliers/etc.

> It's all about the matchups! Decided to use a Stamina potion for fun, and just finished the flier quest. My team obliterated the following team. Never give up!

IMG_1301.PNG

But you have Catria... Catria is one of the best fliers in the game...

I just replaced Narcian with Cherche and WOW. SO. MUCH. IMPROVEMENT.

She, along with Michalis, takes care of the blues. But since Michalis is sort of specifically built to take care of archers, she now specializes is taking out Armors as well. I put Glimmer on her and she does a whooping 73 x 2 on blue armors on 10th stratum (she's only lv 37! Geezus!)

I'm glad @eclipse recommended her to me! 

I have never even thought about re-shuffling the tower. That's a really great advice!

I am already done with the cavalry quest. The only quests that need to be done are the fliers and armor. I'm still training my 2 Sheenas for the armor quest, though I do have a Lv40 Hector and Lv34 Effie, but I don't think they won't be able to clear it yet, unless of course with a good match up from rerolling. Once I get the Sheenas to a higher level, I hope they would be able to clear it consistently. But so far, so good. Thanks for the motivation, @Iris!!! 

Almost finished fliers with Caeda, Florina, Catria, and Narcian. Been avoiding maps with bows, axes, daggers, dragons, or five enemies. Can be tricky but it's been working.

Yeah, the x1.5 EXP event makes training really easy. My Michalis was even able to join and frontline on my flier team starting at level 35 (as a 4*).

Finished the cavalry quest last night. Despite having a fairly varied pool of them, I stuck with Sully and Ursula as my main attackers. Fred by himself just can't handle lance-heavy comps (and Sully's just not good at dueling non-reds; Ursula can provide okay chip damage against lances, but she really needs them to be opposing cav to truly contribute) and with the way enemy axe units' stats are, Stahl and Eliwood just weren't strong/tough enough to reliably win (even with Clarine healbotting). Meanwhile, the Sully/Ursula combo could completely wreck reds and Ursula's high Res allowed me the flexibility to allow a red tome or couple staffers to slip into the enemy comp.

Currently 8/15 on fliers. It's an still all-axe team, but I replaced Beruka with level 36 Cherche (that I somehow misread and realized too late that she was -Atk, not -Res... so I gotta wait until after the April update, then find a better 4* Cherche to merge her to—amusingly enough, she's still adequate for stomping on Tenth lancers). It's got enough killing power that it can also take on a significant number of greys, though despite Michalis' presence, any bow is always a gamble. Tenth Takumi are liable to one-round him even without the bonus damage (even if not, Close Counter usually means I'll lose either way). Still, unlike my sword cavs, these axe fliers are generally able to just brute force their way through enemy Def if push comes to shove. Their mobility also means they can risk fighting against blue tomes (I got a map with at was three of them and a lance and just won by separating and picking them off). It's nice, since my armour team can't even consider that against red tomes and staffers are legit threats against their lack of mobility, as well as poor Spd and Res.

@Vaximillian --- purely 1:3 support trainnig? 32 isnt high.. well it is... but each level after is progressively harder. Since its 10th statum... I am expecting level 38 bare minimum.

Damn... all axe flier team Kuroi. sounds risky. Then again... Armor is just as bad,.

4 hours ago, Lucıůs said:

But you have Catria... Catria is one of the best fliers in the game...

I have Catria and Cordelia and didn't even use them. ;-; Made the quest so much more painful. . . it's because Shanna was already trained, and they're sitting at level 1, and didn't feel like training either. . . painful mistake on this flier journey.

Good luck on finishing. ^-^

1 hour ago, Ryuke said:

@Vaximillian --- purely 1:3 support trainnig? 32 isnt high.. well it is... but each level after is progressively harder. Since its 10th statum... I am expecting level 38 bare minimum.

Damn... all axe flier team Kuroi. sounds risky. Then again... Armor is just as bad,.

It is, but I have no choice, unfortunately. Almost every flier I've pulled or picked up and trained is an axe. The two exceptions are Shanna, who is trained, but melts to everything, including reds; and Subaki, who is level 14 and I don't have a ton of desire to train. I'd kind of like to, particularly for later, but at the moment, I don't feel there's a benefit to running 3 axes and a lance since I'm likely to gun for blue enemies, so the lance will just sit in the back and hide. Perhaps if I had a decent second lance flier, I'd be more inclined so I could run a BBGG comp (or, alternatively, if I had one of the buffing fliers), but hell if I'm putting Shanna back in.

14 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

It is, but I have no choice, unfortunately. Almost every flier I've pulled or picked up and trained is an axe. The two exceptions are Shanna, who is trained, but melts to everything, including reds; and Subaki, who is level 14 and I don't have a ton of desire to train. I'd kind of like to, particularly for later, but at the moment, I don't feel there's a benefit to running 3 axes and a lance since I'm likely to gun for blue enemies, so the lance will just sit in the back and hide. Perhaps if I had a decent second lance flier, I'd be more inclined so I could run a BBGG comp (or, alternatively, if I had one of the buffing fliers), but hell if I'm putting Shanna back in.

Subaki ties with Michalis for the second tankiest flying unit in the game (behind Beruka). He'll probably be perfectly fine against enemy lances.

Thanks to pulling Catria earlier this week I have finished the 10th stratum flyers quest.  About time too, I was getting pretty annoyed constantly resetting for blue-heavy spreads for Narcian to prey on (with Catria as insurance against stray reds).  Working on the cavalry one, which is proving to be much easier.

Cavalry Quest is finally finished. Funny thing is I did end up sacrificing my only Odin to Ursula for BlarBlade, only to realize that Ursula does not have enough SP to learn it. Oh well, the Odin I had was not the most optimal anyway...

All I need to do now is finish up Fliers with my Axe Girls team (Cherche, Cherche, Camilla, Palla [for Goad Fliers, alternative is Caeda for Fortify Fliers]). The only things I am concerned about are Red Units and Mages. Sometimes, even Thieves and Healers can be a pain due to the inflated Lunatic stats, and the two Cherches can only tank so many hits...

Still not planning on doing the Armored quest, but "Draug Quest" is progressing slowly. 2* Draug is about level 19 now and learned Steel Sword! How far he has grown...

Michalis really makes the flying team challenge easier, and he's not even level 40 yet. Maybe I'm just on a roll, but that was a series of victories when previously I really struggled to win one match out of 4.

Team is 5*Caeda, 5*Cordelia, 4*Palla and Michalis replacing a rather useless Beruka.

Edited by salinea

Finished infantry and cavs a couple days ago. Fliers are 8/15 but I'm going to wait until Catria catches up to round the teams color combination better. Sadly armor is still impossible to do. I've been kinda putting off the flier quest and instead have just been training up some other units that I like as these quests are kinda tedious. 

2 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I dont know man.

My flying team consist of Narcian, Shanna, Palla, Est. (Still training latter 3) .... Talk about trash. Hence the whole Michalis debacle. Shanna is the one that is growing the fastest because Est cannot survive any hit... but does carry that heavy spear in case Knight comes. Palla is PALLA. Narcian is like flipping a coin... sometimes he gets it ... sometimes he hit 0.

After so many attempts and depressing failures, I finally finished the Flier quest!! God, this quest was so annoying. I burnt about 7 stamina potions and 3 Blessings just to get it done. The last one was really trippy. I literally had 9 stamina left and the final map was just perfect for completion and it should be easy, or so I thought.

Spoiler

DESPERATE TIMES CALL FOR DESPERATE MEASURES YO.  I was literally freaking out and laughing at the same time about what might happen next (you know how sneaky these enemies are). And after using Caeda to stalk Azama into a corner, I used the other fliers to trap him while Cherche chips his health down (which was by the way, ONLY 7 PER ROUND BECAUSE OF AZAMA'S FRICKIN THREATEN ATTACK). Cherche was the only one who can attack without 0 DMG! 

God, that was quite a crazy adventure. Now I have to brace myself for the armor quest *goes back into the dark corner* 

Oh and, you might be thinking, were the 3 orbs worth the effort and resources? 

Spoiler

HELL. YES. 

Thanks to all who helped out and somehow related to me! :wub:

Edited by Lucıůs

Trapping ranged enemies on the flier quests is often tempting but so difficult. I tried to do it to enemy Matthews before I gave up on even taking on dagger maps and always got wrecked.

For the flier quest I got. Ceada, Florina, Est, Catria, Cordelia, Camilla and Narcien ready. (Narcien is 3* rest are 4*)

I tend to try and go for the all red enemy teams with the 4 blue units. Or I swap out Florina for Camilla.

Of the three quests it's actually going the fastest.

Armour quest sadly cannot be done yet. Only got 3 of them (and they are all Draug)

Finished flier quest just now.

With this, I have completed the infantry, cavalry and flier quests. Probably spent about 20 stamina potions? Mostly between the cavalry and flier quests.

Going to ditch the armour quests for now and tackle the lunatic quests. Anyone has units/tips for clearing 9-2 to 9-5 without any casualties? I burnt a Light Blessing for each of these chapters when I first attempted them.  

26 minutes ago, GespenstMK2S said:

Finished flier quest just now.

With this, I have completed the infantry, cavalry and flier quests. Probably spent about 20 stamina potions? Mostly between the cavalry and flier quests.

Going to ditch the armour quests for now and tackle the lunatic quests. Anyone has units/tips for clearing 9-2 to 9-5 without any casualties? I burnt a Light Blessing for each of these chapters when I first attempted them.  

For 9-2, dragons seem pretty effective at out-muscling the enemy armors, fighting them in melee with magic damage they can't resist as well.

For 9-3, my strategy was to send out a character capable of taking hits from both the sword and green tome cavaliers since they stay together to match up their ranges, and kill one of them on the enemy phase so I wouldn't have to still be dealing with both of them by the time Ursula showed up. The two armors aren't so bad because you can take out the rest of the enemies before they reach you, just make sure to watch out for their Drag Back skill.

For 9-4, fighting enemies through walls is handy for disrupting their formation, since the boss is way more manageable that way than if he executes his main plan of going through the corridor with an armor in front of him and a ton of healing support. I used Hector for that, but maybe there are bow users that could work as well?

Not sure about 9-5. I did a lot of running around, picking off enemies as they approached and healing away the damage from Veronica's attacks until I could finally get Marth a clear route to charge in and take her out. Veronica is really the biggest concern, both surviving her and finding some way to defeat her, but unfortunately you need an axe user for the mission and probably some blue for Xander, so that takes up a lot of room with characters that aren't likely to be able to fight her and will need to survive somehow.

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

For 9-2, dragons seem pretty effective at out-muscling the enemy armors, fighting them in melee with magic damage they can't resist as well.

For 9-3, my strategy was to send out a character capable of taking hits from both the sword and green tome cavaliers since they stay together to match up their ranges, and kill one of them on the enemy phase so I wouldn't have to still be dealing with both of them by the time Ursula showed up. The two armors aren't so bad because you can take out the rest of the enemies before they reach you, just make sure to watch out for their Drag Back skill.

For 9-4, fighting enemies through walls is handy for disrupting their formation, since the boss is way more manageable that way than if he executes his main plan of going through the corridor with an armor in front of him and a ton of healing support. I used Hector for that, but maybe there are bow users that could work as well?

Not sure about 9-5. I did a lot of running around, picking off enemies as they approached and healing away the damage from Veronica's attacks until I could finally get Marth a clear route to charge in and take her out. Veronica is really the biggest concern, both surviving her and finding some way to defeat her, but unfortunately you need an axe user for the mission and probably some blue for Xander, so that takes up a lot of room with characters that aren't likely to be able to fight her and will need to survive somehow.

I was able to clear 9-2 using Linde, Ninian, Serra and Young Tiki.

For 9-4, I did think of attacking through the walls, but my real problem comes from the Bow Cavalier with the massive 51 attack - none of my units can survive both an attack from him and the cleric behind. In the end I just gave up and used a Light's Blessing.

Gonna try out 9-3 and 9-5 when my stamina refills.

1 minute ago, GespenstMK2S said:

For 9-4, I did think of attacking through the walls, but my real problem comes from the Bow Cavalier with the massive 51 attack - none of my units can survive both an attack from him and the cleric behind. In the end I just gave up and used a Light's Blessing.

I baited the bow cavalier into attacking Bowbreaker Lilina. Her Res also helped her against the cleric. She then blew up the axe armour, and the Mask YOLO'd on female Robin. Then was cleanup.

9-5 drives me crazy.

there's still some time before the end of the month, so im gonna try for armorquest--and if not, well i'll have a team of armors trained up for the future.

Effie is actually good, so she's been 40 for a while. Sheena is 32, Draug is 25, and Gwendy is 26 right now. All 4*. I lack SP to give Effie a brave lance. That will have to happen at some point.