Training Tower Quest Woes

Falcom

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeahh.. at least I dont feel bad about using Light Blessing.

Armor quest isnt fun if you dont inherit some assist skill. I used Light blessing than reposition etc.

It's not ideal to use it... its do-able... Armor is a different story.

I just got so bored with the armour quest that I wanted it over. It was probably doable without using all the Light's Blessings that I did (although, to be fair, at the time I thought I could get a larger amount from nintendo using my points - three was max). I didn't use a Light's Blessing on every map... likely about half of them. And then an orb at the end because I knew I was getting three back and just wanted to start enjoying the game again. Playing as armours was just not fun at all, but I couldn't bring myself to abandon the quest >.<

2 hours ago, GinRei said:

It's not really worth using Light's Blessing on an X/15 mission.  It was one thing in the lunatic maps since they were one-and-done, but not these.

yeah.. I still have a few Light Blessing for these... if needed. Hopefully not. since there's more flexibility.

So far I've done everything except the armor-related quests, so like 15 Stratum 10's done with all armors and 7-5 with armors only.

Are they doable without Gwendolyn / Hector?

I'm thinking about training these for 7-5 since that seems most feasible: 2x Sheena (+Atk -HP), Draug (+Atk -Def), and Effie (+Def, -Spd), all 4*.

56 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

So far I've done everything except the armor-related quests, so like 15 Stratum 10's done with all armors and 7-5 with armors only.

Are they doable without Gwendolyn / Hector?

I think doable without Hector. As far as I'm concerned, he just trivializes ranged (except maybe magic). While you're going to have a harder time without him, I think if there aren't that many ranged in your match-ups, you're good.

Without Gwendolyn, the problem is that you need to make up damage elsewhere because Armors not Effie/Hector aren't so hot in their offense against similarly bulky units.

That would mean something like:

-Giving Silvers/effective weapons
-Giving offense Specials because defense Specials suck (and Killers charging defense Specials suck even harder)
-(not high priority) passing Svalinn Shields to everybody just so you don't get stomped on by a random Armorslayer Hana or Hammer Frederick/Cherche. (Yes, even an Armorslayer 10th Stratum Hana will destroy Gwendolyn in one-round.)

I mean, 4* neutral Atk Gwendolyn w/ Silver is 39 Attack and that does diddly-squat to 10th Stratum Eldigan. This is going to be the same for 4* neutral Atk Draug and Sheena w/ Silvers. If you have an Effie (which I didn't and I cry), that's 10 points above those guys. She's likely to carry teams without Hector because she actually has something called Attack for 10th Stratum.

Edit: And if you got positioning skills, put those on people if you got spares. It's awful moving them one at a time and/or being in too narrow of an area to actually move people around.

Edited by Dual Dragons

I finally completed the Armor Quest today, and with that, I've completed every quest in my log.  It's a bit satisfying to be done.

Frederick was the bane of this mission for me.  I ended up just surrendering when I saw him.  One map had two.

Now, I'm going to round out to 40 all the units that I raised up for these quests.

4 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

attempt armorquest with preview being sword sword axe bow

axe turned out to be cherche

got wiped

>Three Gwendolyn's and Draug
>Sword, Sword, Sword
>"Oh cool, I think I can do this one."
>Armorslayer Hana can kill any Gwendolyn in one round
>"The hell, man."

Gotta love how effectiveness works in this game. Just having high Attack will compensate for WTD.

2 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

attempt armorquest with preview being sword sword axe bow

axe turned out to be cherche

got wiped

3 lances and 1 axe with Effie, Sheena, Draug and Gwendolyn. Mmh, looks doable if I play carefully...

4 fliers, Cherche wields the axe -- which is in fact a hammer -- and the 3 lances turn out to be Heavy Spears. Surprisingly, Sheena could handle the spears, but Draug was useless against Cherche.

Usually, 3-4 lances mean that the map is going to be the mountain circus with 4 fliers. Will keep this in mind if/when a new quest requires 4 bow users.

Ah, the sweet sound of completing the fliers quest (joining the already finished infantry and cavalry quests). Boxing in Clarine had never been more satisfying (I hated this map because of the cavalries and Leo's Bryhindlr ruining the flier's movement advantage).

IMG_2068.png

Yeah, anytime there are 3 or 4 Lances it's likely they are four fliers in the Cordelia map, and is the easiest to manage for the Lunatic Fliers quest because the enemies are all separated. Otherwise, look for maps without arhcers obviously, or where there are only 3 units. Or if you have lots of wyvern riders, lots of lances (just be sure to have a Hammer user in case of Knights)

So glad I trained up Narcian and Subaki for the Michalis map, since their gem weapons and Subaki's Swap have been super useful in these Lunatic quests. Subaki is really good as a melee wall against Sword units, and I've loved Swap after using him.

Shoutout to Cherche for dealing with units that turned out to be Knights (which is super annoying). Palla's best moment was tanking Hector, who annoyed me in my other account because I didn't have a Sword flier.

Also one of the more err...interesting challenge in my other file's fliers quest was where I had to separate Effie/Hector/Gwendolyn from each other in the Narcian map. They boosted each other, and it didn't help there was a Sakura before to heal at the start. All my fliers went down to the south, trying to bait the Sakura which took forever (so many turns I lost count) because of Hector's reposition. I eventually split my fliers team in two directions, where I could finally bait and defeat Sakura- then splitting apart the armours also took so long. Again, thank goodness for Cherche's Hammer!

IMG_0089 copy.png

Edited by mcsilas

Clarine once boxed herself in when I was playing the fliers quest by using Wings of Mercy to teleport to a space she couldn't get out of.

tumblr_ona19h8VUZ1sn35pqo1_500.png

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

Clarine once boxed herself in when I was playing the fliers quest by using Wings of Mercy to teleport to a space she couldn't get out of.

Hide contents

"Does this look like the face of mercy to you?"

*Turns around, notices forest*

Also I recently rolled 4 star Gunter and 4 star Eliwood in one pull in my second account. It's like the game is telling me to do the cavalry quest now (I only had a lv 40 Sully, lv 30 Cain, lv 22 Ursula and lv 1 Clarine before). It's telling me to go boost the cavalry away!

Needless to say I've been training them and am finally in the 30s. I've used the Gunter + Ursula combo in my main account and that worked super well with Abel the swordkiller and Frederick the merciful, mobile tank. 

Edited by mcsilas

11 hours ago, Ryuke said:

Effie and Hector = Easy

Hector = Some matchup (notably only colorless becomes a joke)

Effie = Do-able

The rest idk.

I did it with a 5* Gwendy (personally promoted) and 4* Sheena and 2 x Draug. It pretty much murdered me and used all my blessings, but it is doable... just... Is it worth it? Still debatable, but nice to see all the ticks there. Man I hope they give us a better armour soon (Zephiel would be a good start when he comes... depending on stats and skills...). If I ever pull a Hector, you'll probably hear my happy screams from wherever you are xD

This quest made me hate my cavalry units. My team is Eliwood, Gunter, Abel and Clarine all 4 star without inheritance skills and to be honest they suck. Gunter gets destoyed by any mage and even healers, Eliwood can't deal even some of the melee greens, Abel is pretty much useless unless he is buffed by Gunter. I dont know if it is bad luck or what but whenever enemy has healer it is Azama who completely rekts my team. My only hope is to roll quest with only melee reds or melee reds and melee blue(s). Sorry about the rant had to let some steam off. 

Have you tried using Ursula?

I find she was vital to my Cavalry quest, she, Frederick and Abel would stick close to Gunter and whenever there's a mage, Ursula would be there to take do some player phase sniping since she has the best Res out of that team. Her Thunder proc skill also helps when its charged.

Abel's Aegis softens up the blow from some Red mages though- I use him as a fast Sword Killer, and after the Brave Lances, he usually gets Aegis up.

Gunter and Frederick are there to be melee shields and to tank dagger/archer weapons. Frederick helped with the knights, although Ursula took care of the blue knights.

But yeah I think the key is to using Ursula- her Wolf tome really helps as well since there can be a lot of horse units in the Training Tower. That or some other ranged units to with good res to cover mage weakness.

Not that they were all 4 star, with Abel having a +1 level.

Edited by mcsilas

I finally finished my cavalry quest. It has been tough but at the end I could do it with 4 * Jagen, Abel, Clarine and Ursula. Ursula inherited odin's tome and Clarine hone attack. I had to be very picky with the chosen stratum but at the end it was all worth.

Now I will give a try to armored units as my flying one are all bad to even try it.

Thanks for the advice. Certainly Ursula would bring more to the team than Eliwood or Clarine, too bad I have only 3 star version at lvl 20 and not really feeling to level her more. I only have 3 more victories until quest is done so I just pray to get favourable matchups.

Edited by Ludvig

I think Ursula would still be a good investment at 3 star (upgraded her from that in my second account), you get extra SP to spend in case you want to give her inherited skills

Otherwise, maybe just do maps where you only have 3 units to beat and if not, just do a first stratum map to reset the units.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Reveal hidden contents

haha. this exact same thing happened to me, although it was when i was doing cavs.