Training Tower Quest Woes

Falcom

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Vertical River chapter is based off of one of FE12's prologues, I think.

Island chapter isn't ringing any bells.  I'll probably run into it later, and go "OH".

Island chapter sounds like Shadow Dragon C1.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Seafarer said:

Island chapter sounds like Shadow Dragon C1.

OH.  That one!  Thanks!

Though that doesn't really seem like an island to me.  Ah, well, different strokes and all.

Pretty much Gunter is needed for cavalry quest

Finally did the all quests (except Armour) for both accounts.

Managed to get the cavalry quest done in 2 days, I wasn't going to attempt it but I got both 4* Eliwood and 4*Gunter in my summon. Eliwood is...kind of bad without Durandal and was only there to provide in-battle defense points. Was using a team of lv 40 4* Sully and Ursula, and lv 37 Gunter and Eliwood.

Pretty much just had to choose mostly red maps to get this done quickly. A few maps at the start were lost due to carelessness and could have been avoidable. The luckiest one was when I faced a team of 3 reds (the one with two horizontal bridges on a river) and 2 of them (Sanaki and Selena) had Triangle Adept so Ursula/Sully had a field day.

Can I just say I really hate the map in Story mode 1-5 (the Mystery one)? That is so enemy mage/archer friendly and there is always one unit with Draw Back. At least the cavalries have that extra movement bonus but still annoying and is the one I mostly lose in in terms of 10th Stratum.

Now I can spent the rest of the bonus EXP period to train units and not worry about level 40 quests (no way I'm gonna level up Draug/Sheena/Gwendolyn in time).

15 hours ago, eclipse said:

- 3 units on a map means that it's either That One FE12 map, Awakening Chapter 2, or SD Chapter 15 (and maybe something else that I forgot).

I think that 3 units can lead to at least four different maps. I'm attaching pics for three of them.

I don't have pics for the fourth map: it's a kind of isthmus that runs from east to west. Your squad starts on the far west, the foe is on the east. Two enemy units are east of a small lake. The westmost foe is often a cavalier who can come in contact with your squad on its first turn.

The desert maps seems to have more ranged units thant the other three maps. My squad on the map selection pic and the actual map don't match, because I changed my mind before starting the battle.

Edit: April update brought a fifth map, see pics below.

IMG_1781.JPG

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_1783.JPG

IMG_1784.JPG

IMG_1785.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG

IMG_1789.JPG

IMG_1790.JPG

Edited by chirp
Add Spring festival map.

2 minutes ago, chirp said:

I don't have pics for the fourth map: it's a kind of isthmus that runs from east to west. Your squad starts on the far west, the foe is on the east. Two enemy units are east of a small lake. The westmost foe is often a cavalier who can come in contact with your squad on its first turn.

It's supposed to be the island of Talys, from Shadow Dragon chapter 1.

No more woes.  Got Cavalier stuff down last night.  After posting in here. I got lucky with 2 easy map and the third I ended up using one lighting blessing to finish the mission.  Three more orbs acquire!

4 hours ago, chirp said:

I think that 3 units can lead to at least four different maps. I'm attaching pics for three of them.

The desert maps seems to have more ranged units thant the other three maps. My squad on the map selection pic and the actual map don't match, because I changed my mind before starting the battle.

Edit: April update brought a fifth map, see pics below.

I pointed out the rest in the earlier comments (along with what chapter they're based off of), and have yet to run into the Easter maps.  But thanks, though!

I just finished the cavalry quest on my second account today. Only one not done on there now is the armour quest, 'cos like heck am I going through that again. Besides, this account has two lance armours (Effie and Wendy) one sword armour (Draug) and then either a repeat of Wendy or Draug. No thanks! 

I just finished the cavalry quest. Reinhardt was the most useful member, but gunter and jagen helped with their abilities. Stahl just took care of green characters. All that leaves is the armor quest and while I've gotten up to 6 victories, my win rate is pretty awful even while I use the starting stratum to get more favorable enemies. Draug and Sheena's non existent attack just makes killing things hard. So I think I'll just pass on this quest and hope we have less armored quests (or hope I get my first 5* armor). On the bright side the training stratum quests have caused me to gain a lot of level 40s, so I should be fine with similar quests in the future.

i started with a decent run on the flier quest with four units around level 38 but stalled after 5 out of 15. ended up giving up on it rather than burn through all my stamina potions. ah well. at least it freed up more of my day!

1 hour ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

This is the last day of suffering, how relieved is everyone? (at least until the next one comes along)

Didn't even try the cavalry and armour quests because I value my already dwindling sanity.

2 hours ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

This is the last day of suffering, how relieved is everyone? (at least until the next one comes along)

I'm relieved that I did these a while ago. Also my growing lv40 lineup means I'll be better prepared to take on any future challenges like this.

2 hours ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

Disappointed that I didn't have enough armours to do armourquest, yet relieved that I didn't pull a 4th armour this close to the deadline, because that would have sucked.

9 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

Disappointed that I didn't have enough armours to do armourquest, yet relieved that I didn't pull a 4th armour this close to the deadline, because that would have sucked.

Yep.  Got the fourth armor with less than 24 hours to go.  I'm not quite THAT insane.