Training Tower Quest Woes

Falcom

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I did it with a 5* Gwendy (personally promoted) and 4* Sheena and 2 x Draug. It pretty much murdered me and used all my blessings, but it is doable... just... Is it worth it? Still debatable, but nice to see all the ticks there. Man I hope they give us a better armour soon (Zephiel would be a good start when he comes... depending on stats and skills...). If I ever pull a Hector, you'll probably hear my happy screams from wherever you are xD

9-2 ... has a Zephiel. He seems to be like a Red Hector. Here I thought Zelgius would take that spot too.

However Zephiel doesnt come with DC. which literally helps alot in Hector case. I believe there's at least 2/14 times that I did it.. and won. All I did was position Hector and he won. However... it doesnt always work. Tried it with some heavy mages and Hector died.

14/15 Armor. (1 left)

Finished the rest

Still have 7-5 to do ... Z.Z and all the other lunatic quest.

Edited by Ryuke

Just now, Ryuke said:

9-2 ... has a Zephiel. He seems to be like a Red Hector. Here I thought Zelgius would take that spot too.

However Zephiel doesnt come with DC. which literally helps alot in Hector case. I believe there's at least 2/14 times that I did it.. and won. All I did was position Hector and he won. However... it doesnt always work. Tried it with some heavy mages and Hector died.

My best map was the one where there's trees lining everywhere and just one space for a knight. So often, it was cavalry and not infantry, and seemed to be lances and swords, so I could position Gwen and then line the others up behind her. I think I won at least five times no deaths because of that map.

A Hector would have been a dream... any kind of distant counter. That being said, giving him vantage 3 and distant counter (if that's possible) and the whole thing feels like it would be ten times easier >.<

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

My best map was the one where there's trees lining everywhere and just one space for a knight. So often, it was cavalry and not infantry, and seemed to be lances and swords, so I could position Gwen and then line the others up behind her. I think I won at least five times no deaths because of that map.

A Hector would have been a dream... any kind of distant counter. That being said, giving him vantage 3 and distant counter (if that's possible) and the whole thing feels like it would be ten times easier >.<

yeah. I dont have Vantage 3 sadly.

hell I dont even have Fury 3. Pivot.

I have awful inheriting skill. Just completed 15/15... DONE.

and the last map is... the map you just described.

Why afraid... when I saw a Ruby Sword+ Palla... thought gonna get wreck. Then AI decided to charge into my Effie and my Hector is just one spot away from getting sandwich by her.

Just now, Ryuke said:

yeah. I dont have Vantage 3 sadly.

hell I dont even have Fury 3. Pivot.

I have awful inheriting skill. Just completed 15/15... DONE.

and the last map is... the map you just described.

Why afraid... when I saw a Ruby Sword+ Palla... thought gonna get wreck. Then AI decided to charge into my Effie and my Hector is just one spot away from getting sandwich by her.

Congrats :D

I've pulled a lot of units - several of which where Lon'qu. I have two left over, plus the one I'm keeping, and I gave vantage to Ryoma and Kagero already ^.^

@Cute Chao thanks. Still salty I never got to pull Ryoma. Rather than him than Hector any given moment (rolled hector like twice... but the first time was part of a reroll... then in the end I settled for 5* Roy... because my first round had a 4* Roy so... its only safe to play it out that way)

Just now, Ryuke said:

@Cute Chao thanks. Still salty I never got to pull Ryoma. Rather than him than Hector any given moment (rolled hector like twice... but the first time was part of a reroll... then in the end I settled for 5* Roy... because my first round had a 4* Roy so... its only safe to play it out that way)

My account has Roy, Leo, Lucina and Ryoma. I'm drowning in reds. I never rolled a 5* green. Blues are catching up - Azura, Ninian and Reinhardt, but at least they all have different niches.

That being said, I do like Ryoma so I'm not unhappy to have him. I find mine pretty frail, though. I need to really look at his skills. My Roy and Lucina pretty much do everything that he might save distant counter.

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

My account has Roy, Leo, Lucina and Ryoma. I'm drowning in reds. I never rolled a 5* green. Blues are catching up - Azura, Ninian and Reinhardt, but at least they all have different niches.

That being said, I do like Ryoma so I'm not unhappy to have him. I find mine pretty frail, though. I need to really look at his skills. My Roy and Lucina pretty much do everything that he might save distant counter.

That's some nice banner 5*. My 5* are mostly not from banner. Hector, Hawkeye, Raven, Tharja, Tharja, Nowi (the rest hard from there). How is your Roy. I do have Roy too .. but he keeps getting doubled by Lucina/Lyn (now I see less Lyn) so I have to take him out. And he doesnt even need Triangle Adept when he takes out Hector w/o it (my roy is +atk/-res)

1 minute ago, Ryuke said:

That's some nice banner 5*. My 5* are mostly not from banner. Hector, Hawkeye, Raven, Tharja, Tharja, Nowi (the rest hard from there). How is your Roy. I do have Roy too .. but he keeps getting doubled by Lucina/Lyn (now I see less Lyn) so I have to take him out. And he doesnt even need Triangle Adept when he takes out Hector w/o it (my roy is +atk/-res)

My Leo was before the banner ^.^ He's my pride despite being... pretty sucky lol.

My Roy seems pretty good. He holds up his own against reds and decimates greens. I've taken to using Lucina more because she's a bit more versatile, but I often go back to my Roy. He was my first ever five star :D I also have a Maria and a Kagero. I think Kagero pretty much owns my game. She, Reinhardt and Azura are pretty much my go to-s for everything now, despite her being minus atk (plus speed, so not as bad as it could have been). I do hope to get another one to pass the skills on to a male dagger user at some point, though ^.^

I dont think there's gonna be any more strong male dagger user after Jaffar and Saizo. Volke is the closest... but Kagero is still superior in attack.

I think the game really wants me to do the armor quest. At the beginning of the month, I went from having no armor units to four armor units. And when I felt that I was not going to be able to finish the armor quest because my Draug, Sheena, and two Wendys were not being trained fast enough, the game gives me a 5-star Effie.

Fine, game, you win. I'll do the stupid armor quest with the intention of actually finishing it.

8 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Fine, game, you win. I'll do the stupid armor quest with the intention of actually finishing it.

Best of luck. I finished the armor quest this morning. I spent more time rerolling stages than playing them. Also, all the stamina of the last 3 days was vampirized by this ordeal.

I now suspect that the 4 armors I felt so happy to have pulled were in fact a trap.

I managed to pull enough armored units to actually do the quest.  Unfortunately, I'd have to level 3 of them to actually do it, and then actually get map rolls that they can complete.  Not sure it's worth the stamina potions and hassle.

14 minutes ago, GinRei said:

Not sure it's worth the stamina potions and hassle.

If you enjoy wasting a few hours of your life gnashing your teeth at a grossly unfair challenge, outgunned, outnumbered and outflanked, the answer is a firm and resounding "Yes!".

If it's just for 3 orbs worth about 50 cents apiece, well...

At 1/15 for the armour challenge, since I was able to get my armours levelled up in time. Barely got the win against a 3-unit map.

Can see why others recommend putting Swap and Pivot on armour units - I was able to secure the win only because a forest tile prevented the enemy Marth from coming in and killing Sheena. Offensively, I don't have any problems (I had my armours inherit offensive skills). Unfortunately, I don't have enough units with Pivot and Swap to feed to my armours. Really regretted sending the 1-star units home, though I had done it before skill inheritance was announced.

3 hours ago, GinRei said:

I managed to pull enough armored units to actually do the quest.  Unfortunately, I'd have to level 3 of them to actually do it, and then actually get map rolls that they can complete.  Not sure it's worth the stamina potions and hassle.

I'd level them anyway just in case of future events. I wouldn't power level them to do it now, but they likely will have more things involving armours seeing as they've asked for them twice in March events now... (as a full team, not counting the one needed for the normal quest).

1 hour ago, GespenstMK2S said:

Really regretted sending the 1-star units home, though I had done it before skill inheritance was announced.

Me too, me too.

8/15 Armor. Someday Draugh might have enough SP to learn Silver Sword and I won't have to resign from any map with a green unit with too high defense right ahead. Someday...

2 hours ago, salinea said:

Me too, me too.

8/15 Armor. Someday Draugh might have enough SP to learn Silver Sword and I won't have to resign from any map with a green unit with too high defense right ahead. Someday...

Do you have any armours with Swap/Pivot? If not, what kind of teams are you fighting in the tower? I've gone through 3 stamina potions now and I've not moved beyond 1/15 for armour.

4 minutes ago, GespenstMK2S said:

Do you have any armours with Swap/Pivot? If not, what kind of teams are you fighting in the tower? I've gone through 3 stamina potions now and I've not moved beyond 1/15 for armour.

I had Sheena 4* lvl 40 with Swap, Gwendy 5* lvl 40 with some kind of attack that lowered defence, 4* Draug lvl 36 with poison touch, 4* Draug lvl 35 vanilla. Basically, I just kept throwing them at it, and using a few Light's Blessings, until something stuck.

13 minutes ago, GespenstMK2S said:

No. I haven't done any skill transfer with any of my armor yet (well I transferred a silver sword and axe breaking to Draugh but he hasn't had the SP to learn them yet so point is moot). I have Draugh, Sheena, Effie and Gwendolyn, all drawn as 4*, by now between level 38 and 40. Mostly I try to pick only battles against few physical enemies only (and even then it can be tough), they all stick close and I try to rotate them well for favorable matchup (doesn't always work). I have spent several Light's Blessing though.

11 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I had Sheena 4* lvl 40 with Swap, Gwendy 5* lvl 40 with some kind of attack that lowered defence, 4* Draug lvl 36 with poison touch, 4* Draug lvl 35 vanilla. Basically, I just kept throwing them at it, and using a few Light's Blessings, until something stuck.

Just now, salinea said:

No. I haven't done any skill transfer with any of my armor yet (well I transferred a silver sword and axe breaking to Draugh but he hasn't had the SP to learn them yet so point is moot). I have Draugh, Sheena, Effie and Gwendolyn, all drawn as 4*, by now between level 38 and 40. Mostly I try to pick only battles against few physical enemies only (and even then it can be tough), they all stick close and I try to rotate them well for favorable matchup (doesn't always work). I have spent several Light's Blessing though.

Looks like I might have to use a couple of Light's Blessings then. There are times where I lost one unit due to he/she not being to move away fast enough, but didn't choose to use Light's Blessing since I have so few of those, and so many more stamina potions in comparison.

Just now, GespenstMK2S said:

Looks like I might have to use a couple of Light's Blessings then. There are times where I lost one unit due to he/she not being to move away fast enough, but didn't choose to use Light's Blessing since I have so few of those, and so many more stamina potions in comparison.

I would say, if you have the points and units for it, give at least three units swap. It would have made it a lot easier and I might not have needed the Light's Blessings then.

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I would say, if you have the points and units for it, give at least three units swap. It would have made it a lot easier and I might not have needed the Light's Blessings then.

6 minutes ago, GespenstMK2S said:

Yeah, I figured out since I hardly ever used any Light's Blessing previous to those challenges, they were a less valuable resource than Move skills, but that's a very personal way of weighting different things and depends of your own playstyle and priorities.