Training Tower Quest Woes

Falcom

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Rygalla said:

I know for a fact I can't even clear the Tenth Stratnium with any unit, so there goes 12 orbs down the drain.

On the other hand, anyone having problems with the First-Third Stratnium quests? I did the requisites for the first stratnium one (even having Alfonse alone in a team by himself) and it hasn't even increased by one point.

You need to have a team of four for all of the quests, they all say "All four allies must survive."

9 minutes ago, Rygalla said:

I know for a fact I can't even clear the Tenth Stratnium with any unit, so there goes 12 orbs down the drain.

On the other hand, anyone having problems with the First-Third Stratnium quests? I did the requisites for the first stratnium one (even having Alfonse alone in a team by himself) and it hasn't even increased by one point.

Did all four units survive?
Also, you have to bring Sharena for second stratum, and Anna for the third.
Also, are you sure you're not doing the "starting stratum" instead of the first?

4 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Did all four units survive?
Also, you have to bring Sharena for second stratum, and Anna for the third.
Also, are you sure you're not doing the "starting stratum" instead of the first?

all four units survive allways, since the starting trio and their accomplices are over leveled

I know that I was talking about the first stratnium quest

and I got the two mixed up which explains why it didn't work...gods i'm way to hasty, thanks anyway

Edited by Rygalla

The armored one is basically 'have Hector? No? Good fucking luck lmao'

I don't much appreciate it

Fortunately I happen to have 4 cavs trained up, hopefully Eliwood 4* / Leo 5* / Abel 5* / Ursula 4* can manage if I happen to get lucky with the tower setup.

Edited by BANRYU

I'm not even sure who they're targeting.

To a whale, that wouldn't really be worth it. But you need to be a whale to have all three of those squads be able to survive the 10th level 15 times.

I've seen gacha game quests that are tailored to whales. But at least the rewards aren't the same thing you spent to complete it.

19 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

To a whale, that wouldn't really be worth it. But you need to be a whale to have all three of those squads be able to survive the 10th level 15 times.

I've seen gacha game quests that are tailored to whales. But at least the rewards aren't the same thing you spent to complete it.

Yeah, I'm confused as well.

Infantry is doable, but the others are waaay too specific/fiddly. Even if you somehow got 4 units, the survival requirement is still really annoying (especially if some are 3 or 4 stars).

I think that I've completed the Tenth Stratum like, maybe a handful of times?

I can probably do the Infantry, Cavalry and Flying ones so long as I get favourable matchups. I'm going to abandon both the 4 Armour quests, 3 Draugs and 1 Sheena, even if all are at 4 stars, are probably not going to make the cut.

But 15 times, and everyone must survive? Really? Why make it so difficult?

22 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Well, I'm sure some people have cavalry heavy sets, like people who pulled Eldigan and Reinhardt on the last focus (remember, there were four cavalry available in the last focus), as well as Ursula. So there could be people with all cavalry.

But the armor one makes no sense at all. There. Are. Only. Five. Armors. Period. Who the heck is supposed to have four out of the five in a good enough shape, and yet would care about three orbs?

Even the Flying one is doable thanks to the GHBs having Narcian and now Michaelis to add to Subaki, as free units for everyone, but Zephiel doesn't come out until after the Quest expires. The only free armor is Draug.

Edited by dragonlordsd

So tell me. The best all-flier/mount/armor team is the one composed of the four units with the appropriate Hone/Goad/Ward/Fortify Skills, right? Skill Inheritance aside, I mean.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

8 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Well, I'm sure some people have cavalry heavy sets, like people who pulled Eldigan and Reinhardt on the last focus (remember, there were four cavalry available in the last focus), as well as Ursula. So there could be people with all cavalry.

But the armor one makes no sense at all. There. Are. Only. Five. Armors. Period. Who the heck is supposed to have four out of the five in a good enough shape, and yet would care about three orbs?

Even the Flying one is doable thanks to the GHBs having Narcian and now Michaelis to add to Subaki, as free units for everyone, but Zephiel doesn't come out until after the Quest expires. The only free armor is Draug.

Duplicates are an option. I plan to attempt it with my Hector, Draug, and two Gwendys, ideally after dumping as many ridiculous skills as possible onto my Hector and training up the others, but even then I'm not sure it'll be enough. Tenth Stratum is absolute hell.

The previous Focus only had three cavalry, actually. Lachesis was infantry for some reason, alongside Klein and Sanaki.

57 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I'm thankful for any free orbs I get to keep my burning wallet from setting anything else ablaze.

Interestingly enough, I don't think I have enough cavalry or flyers trained up to actually have a full team for those (short 1 cavalry, 1 flyer). Time to get training...

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I'm thankful for any free orbs I get to keep my burning wallet from setting anything else ablaze.

Don't worry. A burning wallet only means the fires of passion are beckoning you to get a +10 Ninian.

Her ice breath will make it better and make it seem like that wallet isn't ablaze.

7 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Don't worry. A burning wallet only means the fires of passion are beckoning you to get a +10 Ninian.

Her ice breath will make it better and make it seem like that wallet isn't ablaze.

A +10 Ninian with an excellent Boon/Bane combo and all of the good skills you would have her inherit from units you would willingly sacrifice for her to be exact.

30 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

A +10 Ninian with an excellent Boon/Bane combo and all of the good skills you would have her inherit from units you would willingly sacrifice for her to be exact.

Sad thing is I really want to pull something like 14 Ninians, 1 with a perfect or near-perfect nature, 10 to merge, and 3 to pass Fortify Dragons to the rest of a full-dragon team.

(For the record, before I checked my credit card statement, I pulled 25 Julias.)

My wallet is unhappy with me.

And I'm still not able to pull only blue because I haven't gotten Karel yet. Grr... why do you elude me so. So I still only have 1 Ninian (but 3 Lucius goddammit).

2 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Crazy people like me.

Armors is probably the hardest, since not everyone has four, let alone four trained up.

It's possible to have two free flying units - Subaki and Narcian.  Still painful, but it's doable (as long as you have a swordie in there).

Cavalry is probably the easiest, since there's a free Stahl/Gunter/Ursula, making a pretty solid core.  Final member can be one of a lot of people.

44 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Still waiting to summon two more armors...hopefully not Draug as he's the only armor I have. I want those orbs ;_;

I don't think I'm THAT patient!  I'd really like Wendy/Sheena for variety's sake.

I like having the quests there.  It gives me something to do, and there's enough freebie quests, that I don't mind the crazy ones, like 4 Armors.  It's not required to unlock more quests, and I have a month to work on it.  I'll need to train up a few Cavalry and Flyers.  I've only got Hector at level 40, but I have 3 available, if I'm crazy enough to grind more Armors.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Crazy people like me.

Armors is probably the hardest, since not everyone has four, let alone four trained up.

It's possible to have two free flying units - Subaki and Narcian.  Still painful, but it's doable (as long as you have a swordie in there).

michalis is coming soon too, so that could cover it if you don't have any others

Just now, unique said:

michalis is coming soon too, so that could cover it if you don't have any others

You'd need to get him, train him, and then do level 40 ten more times.  While it's a possibility, I don't think it's a good one.

I suppose I could just roll for all swords in 10th stratum via the reroll stratum 0 method (or, hell, pray that it shows up inbetween doing the other strata) and hope that Sully+Reinhardt/Tsubaki+Catria can take me through this. I have no red cavs. Rip.

Infantry team is the only one I can reliably take on a diverse team with.

Armor? With what move?

Edited by Thor Odinson

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

I suppose I could just roll for all swords in 10th stratum via the reroll stratum 0 method (or, hell, pray that it shows up inbetween doing the other strata) and hope that Sully+Reinhardt/Tsubaki+Catria can take me through this

I think that's exactly what they expect non-whales to do. It's still pretty rough, though. I did one count toward the cavalry one earlier with the forecast showing 2x sword, 1x red tome and 1x staff. Brought 4* Ursula, 4* -Atk Sully, LV30 4* Eliwood (he mostly hid and buffed defenses) and 3* Clarine. It was a massive battle of attrition because one of the swords was Draug, who wouldn't let Sully get anywhere near Sanaki, so Ursula and she had a single-digit-damage duel over a wall for about 10 turns (would've been shorter, but Azama kept healing Sanaki). I guess one nice consolation is that Caeda (or was it Palla? Can't remember) picked a fight with Sully and got one-rounded.

Infantry setups for that quest line have one huge advantage over the cavalry or armour ones: they can bring refresher units.

I dread the armour one because 4* Effie is my only competent one. The other three are gonna have to hide while she carries, which means I have to roll all swords for enemies and hope none of them are armourslayers.

6 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I think that's exactly what they expect non-whales to do. It's still pretty rough, though. I did one count toward the cavalry one earlier with the forecast showing 2x sword, 1x red tome and 1x staff. Brought 4* Ursula, 4* -Atk Sully, LV30 4* Eliwood (he mostly hid and buffed defenses) and 3* Clarine. It was a massive battle of attrition because one of the swords was Draug, who wouldn't let Sully get anywhere near Sanaki, so Ursula and she had a single-digit-damage duel over a wall for about 10 turns (would've been shorter, but Azama kept healing Sanaki). I guess one nice consolation is that Caeda (or was it Palla? Can't remember) picked a fight with Sully and got one-rounded.

Infantry setups for that quest line have one huge advantage over the cavalry or armour ones: they can bring refresher units.

I dread the armour one because 4* Effie is my only competent one. The other three are gonna have to hide while she carries, which means I have to roll all swords for enemies and hope none of them are armourslayers.

I wish I had Clarine. Or Elise. Or Priscilla. A healer would be so welcome here. As is I'll probably just abuse the fuck out of Sully's Draw Back, and I recently gave Reinhardt Reposition, so that will at least act as half an Olivia. Maybe. At least I have Gunther to throw buffs around so Rein might not get terribly doubled after all. I need 200 more sp for Reinhardt to get his Goad Cavalry though. 

I've been running Ryoma/Nino/Olivia/Lachesis++(as in, I equipped her with Rehab from a free Lissa) for my infantry team. It's so nice.

Same wrt Armors--I think I'd have to do that last.

Edited by Thor Odinson

The flyers and armours should be at least possible for me, considering I have Hector, Effie, and Camila to do the grunt work. It's the cavalry I will have the most problems with. My best cavalry unit is a Lv.40 4* Jagen, followed by a Lv.37 4* Clarine. RIP in pieces those 3 orbs.

im about halfway there on the armours quest, i made an armour team as a joke earlier in the week with 2 dogas a wendy and a sheema, if I roll lots of axes the dogas faceroll with all the buffs.

Still it's pretty brutal.  I gave Wendy smite from Bartre to make moving less annoying.