Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

49 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

It's the same issue with Robin (F) and B Tomebreaker.

Hopefully Grand Hero Battles get put on a rotation at some point in the future or they get added to the summoning pool as a focus or regular unit.

That would be nice. I really regret feeding the 3* Ursula I got to the 4* one before I knew how Skill Inheritance worked. I really want to transfer Death Blow, but I don't want to give up my only Ursula :/

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, not sure if this is the place to ask, but I really like using Maria, but she has a lot of left over SP and I'm trying to think of what I should do with it. She has A and B slots open, or maybe I should give her a different healing skill (I think that's a thing that you can inherit, right haha?). So, my questions are:

1) What skills should, if I do, give her in slot A and/or B?

and 

2) If I were to switch up her healing skill, whats the best healing skill to give her?

Sorry if you can't ask this kinda questions here. XD.

6 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Ok, not sure if this is the place to ask, but I really like using Maria, but she has a lot of left over SP and I'm trying to think of what I should do with it. She has A and B slots open, or maybe I should give her a different healing skill (I think that's a thing that you can inherit, right haha?). So, my questions are:

1) What skills should, if I do, give her in slot A and/or B?

and 

2) If I were to switch up her healing skill, whats the best healing skill to give her?

Sorry if you can't ask this kinda questions here. XD.

Not sure about A-skill, probably something to help her survivability. But I would recommend Wings of Mercy for B-slot with Rehabilitate for your healing skill. That way she can easily reach allies with low hp and heal for more depending on how low they are.

Just now, Kiran said:

Not sure about A-skill, probably something to help her survivability. But I would recommend Wings of Mercy for B-slot with Rehabilitate for your healing skill. That way she can easily reach allies with low hp and heal for more depending on how low they are.

See, that's what I was thinking. I was asking about Wings of Mercy in a different thread, but then I remember she can only heal across from a unit, so it wouldn't have been helpful. Then I was wondering if I wanted to switch her heal, what would be best lol. I think I may go with that. Thanks for the advice! :)

Maria:

A generic stat up (not Atk) works for her in the A slot.  For B slot, Wings of Mercy makes her a mobile healer, while Live to Serve means that she has some frontline utility (just make sure she's not trying to tank Hana or something).

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Maria:

A generic stat up (not Atk) works for her in the A slot.  For B slot, Wings of Mercy makes her a mobile healer, while Live to Serve means that she has some frontline utility (just make sure she's not trying to tank Hana or something).

I was thinking Def up for her A slot, what do you think? Would that be a waste?

2 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

I was thinking Def up for her A slot, what do you think? Would that be a waste?

As long as it's not Atk, it'll work.  Speed is probably the most versatile, but there's better targets.  Resistance stacking is if you have no other mage tanks, HP is for general usage, and Defense is self-explanatory.

In other words, if that's what you want, go for it.

Just now, eclipse said:

As long as it's not Atk, it'll work.  Speed is probably the most versatile, but there's better targets.  Resistance stacking is if you have no other mage tanks, HP is for general usage, and Defense is self-explanatory.

In other words, if that's what you want, go for it.

Awesome! Thanks for the help. I'm enjoying decking out my units with cool stuff like this haha. 

5 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

Awesome! Thanks for the help. I'm enjoying decking out my units with cool stuff like this haha. 

I'm not sure if you still need help with this, but I'll give you my input:

Physic isn't necessarily a bad choice of staff, but inheritance opens up more options. Grabbing Recover from a 4* Serra or Rehabilitate from Wrys gives you a choice between consistent and burst healing, especially when used in tandem with the aforementioned Wings of Mercy. Rehabilitate is the only staff available that can heal a teammate up to full regardless of their max HP, so long as their current health is 7 or less, due to how the formula works.

If you are using a healer, your A skill should most definitely be either HP Plus or Fury. I prefer Fury since the general defensive buff to all of her stats improves her survivability, and the HP loss can be worked around since it can't kill you. Pick the C skill that matches what your team needs, but Savage Blow and Breath of Life are good choices in general.

For a special skill, Heavenly Light, which can be obtained from a 3* Wrys, can support your entire team, which addresses the weakness of a healer being unable to attend to multiple wounded allies. Realistically, though, taking Kindled-Fire Balm, from Lissa or Swift-Winds Balm from Serra or Clarine augments your offense and keeps your healer from being too passive.

Finally, there is a choice of weapon. Gravity (Lissa) and Pain (Azama) are among the best ones available, but Slow (Wrys) and Fear (Sakura and Clarine) give you stat manipulation options if your team isn't quite up to par. I personally love using Pain in the training tower, since it makes netting KO's for units you need to level up much easier. Otherwise, Gravity might be a bit more practical, since you can limit your targets movement and make them a non-threat by repeatedly smacking them from behind walls.

Hope this helps!

What's the restriction .. other than 3 skills?

Only weapon of same type can be transferred ( Bow with Bow ... except Special Weapon)

And a 1* unit can even take Hector distant Counter?

42 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

What's the restriction .. other than 3 skills?

Only weapon of same type can be transferred ( Bow with Bow ... except Special Weapon)

And a 1* unit can even take Hector distant Counter?

There are no restrictions as to what can be inherited, only that you are limited to inheriting just three skills. Of course, you can't have a unit inherit a weapon skill that does not match their weapon type, and "unique" weapons can't be inherited by anyone.

So yes, a 1* unit can inherit Distant Counter.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

There are no restrictions as to what can be inherited, only that you are limited to inheriting just three skills. Of course, you can't have a unit inherit a weapon skill that does not match their weapon type, and "unique" weapons can't be jnherited by anyone.

So yes, a 1* unit can inherit Distant Counter.

Yeah .. thanks..

Who are good units to inherit Olivia Dance? (Dragon Nowi? to counter Ninian) 

I am also thinking of Flier + Iote Shield (that way... Takumi wont get bonus) .... and Flier helps with movement. (Or Cav?)
Or can you even inherit DANCE?

I can inherit one skill from one character... and another skill from another character right? (onto 1 character)

Edited by Ryuke

3 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Yeah .. thanks..

Who are good units to inherit Olivia Dance? (Dragon Nowi? to counter Ninian) 

I am also thinking of Flier + Iote Shield (that way... Takumi wont get bonus) .... and Flier helps with movement. (Or Cav?)
Or can you even inherit DANCE?

There are restrictions on certain assist skills. Check the OP for details.

Basically, assists associated with staff users (Recover, etc) can only be inherited by staff users, and Dance / Sing can't be inherited at all. 

Iote's Shield is basically going to be required on flier comps from now on, especially for fliers like +Atk Cordelia that can ORKO Takumi. Hopefully the event this Friday gives us two more Michalis's for a total of four, but I doubt it. Save Iote's for your flankers.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

There are restrictions on certain assist skills. Check the OP for details.

Basically, assists associated with staff users (Recover, etc) can only be inherited by staff users, and Dance / Sing can't be inherited at all. 

Iote's Shield is basically going to be required on flier comps from now on, especially for fliers like +Atk Cordelia that can ORKO Takumi. Hopefully the event this Friday gives us two more Michalis's for a total of four, but I doubt it. Save Iote's for your flankers.

Yeah. I doubt it..

Thanks. Sorry... I was neglecting Inheritance until the Meta stabilizes... until this morning when everyone is stacking Vantage on Takumi and getting many deaths run while winning.

9 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Yeah. I doubt it..

Thanks. Sorry... I was neglecting Inheritance until the Meta stabilizes... until this morning when everyone is stacking Vantage on Takumi and getting many deaths run while winning.

Yeah. I'd say Taku*Vantage is probably going to be standard meta from now on. Probably not as common as in the initial Takumi meta, but pretty common overall. I'm also waiting a bit for the meta to stabilize, but mostly on account of what will happen with all the Hectors, Effies and Marths - neomarth, (F)Marth etc etc.

Just now, Tuvy said:

Gordin skills pls?

You mean, basic Gordin? Like, abusing Brave Bow+? I guess the Death Blow on A is standardfare. Maybe stack it with some breaker on B? It all depends on what you need to deal with. Swordbreaker and Bowbreaker are both strong options. Maybe add Bonfire as finisher? Gordin's Def is pretty reasonable for an archer.

The sad thing is that, even tough he's got nice skills, they're not really the best for his archetype (kinda like my sad benched Roy in that regard).

1 hour ago, Ryuke said:

Yeah. I doubt it..

I apologize for the rushed response, just wanted to mention that Iote's Shield isn't an automatic must-have for fliers. The biggest issue is that takes up your A Passive, which includes a wide number of incredibly valuable skills like the Blows, Fury, Life and Death, and Triangle Adept. 

And I concur on the new arena meta. Nowi is currently the bane of my runs because she's a bulky blue with Distant Counter and debuff utility that can run skills to easily win certain matchups, like Quick Riposte and Swordbreaker. Without a definite counter to Nowi my runs have been a lot less consistent.

49 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

You mean, basic Gordin? Like, abusing Brave Bow+? I guess the Death Blow on A is standardfare. Maybe stack it with some breaker on B? It all depends on what you need to deal with. Swordbreaker and Bowbreaker are both strong options. Maybe add Bonfire as finisher? Gordin's Def is pretty reasonable for an archer.

The sad thing is that, even tough he's got nice skills, they're not really the best for his archetype (kinda like my sad benched Roy in that regard).

I wouldn't dismiss Gordin so quickly.

So far, his main competition is Klein, but ignoring the added stats from skills they have the same Attack, with Gordin leading in HP and Defense while Klein leads in Speed and Resistance. Gordin is actually much bulker than Klein in practice, since neither will have to worry too much about enemy mages, leaving physical units with Distant Counter as the main threat to both. Gordin also gets more bonus damage from Ignis / Bonfire than Klein gets from Glacies / Iceberg, so I would say there is an arguement for Gordin being better than Klein now that skill inheritance is in the game. Now that Klein has been dumped into the regular summoning pool, the major issue holding Gordin back is needing a +Atk roll, like any Brave user, and needing the 20k feather investment. I personally use Klein, but I could see myself dropping him for Gordin if I got a good roll and had someone to pass Bonfire.

Edited by MrSmokestack

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I wouldn't dismiss Gordin so quickly.

So far, his main competition is Klein, but ignoring the added stats from skills they have the same Attack, with Gordin leading in HP and Defense while Klein leads in Speed and Resistance. Gordin is actually much bulker than Klein in practice, since neither will have to worry too much about enemy mages, leaving physical units with Distant Counter as the main threat to both. Gordin also gets more bonus damage from Ignis / Bonfire than Klein gets from Glacies / Iceberg, so I would say there is an arguement for Gordin being better than Klein now that skill inheritance is in the game. Now that Klein has been dumped into the regular summoning pool, the major issue holding Gordin back is needing a +Atk roll, like any Brave usr, and needing the 20k feather investment. I personally use Klein, but I could see myself dropping him for Gordin if I got a good roll and had someone to pass Bonfire.

Oh. It wasn't my intetion to dismiss Gordin at all. He's quite good, in fact, I even trained one of my own (which was, unfortunately, +Def -Res, but this was before I even knew about the boon/bane system). But yeah, I do see why I sounded dismissive.
I only meant that (1) he's optimal build is quite standard if you're looking at a Brave Bow+ +atk archetype and (2) that his skillset is quite lacking, so he needs to eat a lot of his friends to be any good. But he's definetly one of the underdogs to watch out for on the skill inheritance meta (I'm still placing my bets on brave-Cherche, tough).

14 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

And I concur on the new arena meta. Nowi is currently the bane of my runs because she's a bulky blue with Distant Counter and debuff utility that can run skills to easily win certain matchups, like Quick Riposte and Swordbreaker. Without a definite counter to Nowi my runs have been a lot less consistent.

Hmm. Any kind of Nowi you're particularly having trouble lately? :rolleyes: She's kind of my MVP right now, and I really can't decide between swordbreaker, risposte and vantage for her. I'm also looking for a suitable finisher, but with the slow trigger due to lightning breath, I don't think that's as important as a B skill.

5 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

Oh. It wasn't my intetion to dismiss Gordin at all. He's quite good, in fact, I even trained one of my own (which was, unfortunately, +Def -Res, but this was before I even knew about the boon/bane system). But yeah, I do see why I sounded dismissive.
I only meant that (1) he's optimal build is quite standard if you're looking at a Brave Bow+ +atk archetype and (2) that his skillset is quite lacking, so he needs to eat a lot of his friends to be any good. But he's definetly one of the underdogs to watch out for on the skill inheritance meta (I'm still placing my bets on brave-Cherche, tough).

Hmm. Any kind of Nowi you're particularly having trouble lately? :rolleyes: She's kind of my MVP right now, and I really can't decide between swordbreaker, risposte and vantage for her. I'm also looking for a suitable finisher, but with the slow trigger due to lightning breath, I don't think that's as important as a B skill.

Like @MrSmokestack ... Nowi to me ... is just there. (She doesnt have good B/B) but that doesnt matter. She usually just sit around doing nothing or... tank on Takumi hit and cannot finish (lovely vantage) .... I dont plan to give her any skill... we'lll see how it plays out. Maybe enough for Vantage 2 at best.

Also.. MrSmokestack : TAdept on a flier doesnt seem that good. Maybe.. maybe not. Maybe if you have a second TAdept to make up the mess..in case an opposite Color is at range. (TAdept on a Cav). Yeah definitely planning to save one Iote Shield (And I am pretty sure... Vaida or Galle or Valter) will have more Iote in the future. Hopefully some learns it naturally. I know Death Blow is also a strong one.

Hey, looking for some advice.
Want to keep Lyn on my team, but -speed hurts her a bit.
She is +Atk - speed.

Thinking of brash assault, since it would probably still fit on her, even with -speed.
But is there anything else that might work on her?

Also want to run a healer sometimes, who will most likely be Serra, I'm not sure what would be nice on her.

Edited by Sophie

10 minutes ago, Tuvy said:

whats all this +atk and +spd stuff?

Don't know crap about this stuff

Boon/Bane.

http://feheroes.wiki/Effie
See Effie initial and final stats... You see how there's 3 variations for each stat. Middle one is neutral. Strong = Boon, Weak = Bane. Every character have 1 boon/1 bane. Or Neutral.

Ephraim : Distant Counter, Wary Fighter (Quick Riposte) => OPness?

3 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Ephraim : Distant Counter, Wary Fighter (Quick Riposte) => OPness?

Ephraim can't learn Wary Fighter because Wary Fighter is armor-only. Quick Riposte might be nice though (I'm personally giving mine Swordbreaker though).