Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

That's pretty much it, exactly, save for the Assist and Special. Setsuna's default HP is 37 as a 5*, though depending on the merge level she could have at most 41. If she has 40 HP or less, Ardent Sacrifice will proc Desperation guaranteed, but with 41 you will want Reciprocal Aid instead, either on her or another unit.

Second, checking the damage between Luna and Draconic Aura, the latter adds about 12 damage before buffs or merges, while the former adds the same amount against units with 24 or more Def, which is close to the average of most unit's defenses. Take Luna.

On another note, running Spd support on another your team may be preferred over her running a debuff. Keeping Threaten Spd or replacing it is your call, though, since it's not at all a bad choice.

Well atm  i have desperation ardent sensor brave bow life or death and moonbow on her now I am missing the c skill so maybe give her some other support skill. In addition I have an ephriam who I want to turn into a unit similar to ericka with hone speed and rally defense along with fury and his moonbow what b skill should he carry? I do have an ericka at +6 but I dont really have many higher merge units other than a +9 y tiki so I want to run a lower merge team. My plan is to run 

Quadsuna +3 

Ephriam +2

Julia +3 

and maybe a Lyn +3 but idk what build would be used on her maybe get a heavy res tank Caeda with distant counter maybe? along with ruby sword (I have 3 of her 5*) any thoughts?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Shiro said:

Well atm  i have desperation ardent sensor brave bow life or death and moonbow on her now I am missing the c skill so maybe give her some other support skill. In addition I have an ephriam who I want to turn into a unit similar to ericka with hone speed and rally defense along with fury and his moonbow what b skill should he carry? I do have an ericka at +6 but I dont really have many higher merge units other than a +9 y tiki so I want to run a lower merge team. My plan is to run 

Quadsuna +3 

Ephriam +2

Julia +3 

and maybe a Lyn +3 but idk what build would be used on her maybe get a heavy res tank Caeda with distant counter maybe? along with ruby sword (I have 3 of her 5*) any thoughts?

I can't say much about your red unit, but if you want Ephraim to be running buffs, Eirika wouldn't be as preferable. As for the B slot, people tend to take a Sword / Lancebreaker or Quick Riposte, depending on what he's doing. If he's mostly buffing units rather than tanking, a breaker of your choice would be better. Otherwise, Quick Riposte let's him net a KO in tandem with Moonbow.

Getting a second opinion from the Skill Inheritance Discussion thread is a good idea if you want additional team advice.

EDIT: Bold, said Quick Riposte twice lol

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I can't say much about your red unit, but if you want Ephraim to be running buffs, Eirika wouldn't be as preferable. As for the B slot, people tend to take a Sword / Lancebreaker or Quick Riposte, depending on what he's doing. If he's mostly buffing unit rather than tanking, a breaker of your choice would be better. Otherwise, Quick Riposte let's him net a KO in tandem with QR.

Getting a second opinion from the Skill Inheritance Discussion thread is a good idea if you want additional team advice.

Yeah I posted there as well xD and thanks a breaker like swordbreaker would be viable for my team comp I would think or lance breaker depending on my fourth unit. I plan to make my dps units be julia and setsuna with ephriam as damage support tank with fourth unit maybe being an anti mage unit that can still take on other threats but there arent many units that can tank mages and deal insane amounts of damage

22 hours ago, Kaden said:

@Jason Funderburker, slight correction, Azura's neutral base attack is 31. It's only 34 if she has attack boon, you gave her Attack +3 if she's got neutral attack, etc. If her neutral was 34, then she could be a monster dancer with attack boon probably at the cost of being hilariously frail or something.

Thanks for the correction!

So, I got a +def -hp Seliph and I don't know which B skill to give him

I wil give him Fury for A and threaten Atk for C

Shoul I give him tomebreaker so he wont get doubled? Axe breaker? Swordbreaker? Another one?

I really don't know.

(Also, I wont be giving him a brave sword because I will do this with Alfonse)

6 minutes ago, Maymeimai said:

So, I got a +def -hp Seliph and I don't know which B skill to give him

I wil give him Fury for A and threaten Atk for C

Shoul I give him tomebreaker so he wont get doubled? Axe breaker? Swordbreaker? Another one?

I really don't know.

(Also, I wont be giving him a brave sword because I will do this with Alfonse)

Swordbreaker is best so he can beat opposing sword users, who he is most likely to come up against. Otherwise, he can be a liability since his defense is average at best.

I would advise taking another C skill though, like Spur or Hone Atk to go along with Reposition, but it's your choice.

So since Zephiel just came out I thought I'd ask if anyone has ideas for skillsets on him. The skills he already has are pretty good but I don't exactly agree with LD on Zephiel, I almost think Fury would serve him better along with Swordbreaker. Seal Res or something like that would be good to pair with a mage. As for C slot skills I'm not so sure. 

EDIT: Wary Fighter might be good to keep or I could keep LD instead but pair it with Quick Riposte. 

3 hours ago, MidnightFE said:

So since Zephiel just came out I thought I'd ask if anyone has ideas for skillsets on him. The skills he already has are pretty good but I don't exactly agree with LD on Zephiel, I almost think Fury would serve him better along with Swordbreaker. Seal Res or something like that would be good to pair with a mage. As for C slot skills I'm not so sure. 

EDIT: Wary Fighter might be good to keep or I could keep LD instead but pair it with Quick Riposte. 

Sword Effie: Eckesachs, Swap/Pivot, Reprisal/Moonbow/Bonfire, Death Blow 3, Wary Fighter 3

Wall of Fire and Sharp Things (Zephiel Ver.): Eckesachs/Wo Dao+, Swap/Pivot, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Armor

Budget Wall of Fire and Sharp Things (Zephiel Ver.): Eckesachs, Swap/Pivot, Bonfire, Quick Riposte 3

Unlike Draug, who runs Moonbow in his Wall of Fire and Sharp Things build, Zephiel is being double attacked by virtually everything that matters, meaning he can use a 3-cooldown special instead of a 2-cooldown special.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sword Effie: Eckesachs, Swap/Pivot, Reprisal/Moonbow/Bonfire, Death Blow 3, Wary Fighter 3

Wall of Fire and Sharp Things (Zephiel Ver.): Eckesachs/Wo Dao+, Swap/Pivot, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Armor

Budget Wall of Fire and Sharp Things (Zephiel Ver.): Eckesachs, Swap/Pivot, Bonfire, Quick Riposte 3

Unlike Draug, who runs Moonbow in his Wall of Fire and Sharp Things build, Zephiel is being double attacked by virtually everything that matters, meaning he can use a 3-cooldown special instead of a 2-cooldown special.

What about giving him Brave sword +? Since he already has low speed the penalty doesn't affect him. Pairing it with Fury or death blow on slot a, wary fighter and threaten def. Would it work?

43 minutes ago, Thalyon said:

What about giving him Brave sword +? Since he already has low speed the penalty doesn't affect him. Pairing it with Fury or death blow on slot a, wary fighter and threaten def. Would it work?

Zephiel's base attack is adequate for a Brave Sword set, but it's mostly outclassed because of the inferior movement in addition to being a pretty big expense on your resources. Zephiel is basically Effie with a Sword, so it's better to stick to that niche since he's both the only one who can pull it off and be great at it.

5 hours ago, Thalyon said:

The main issue with using Brave Sword+ is his movement range. Armors are naturally better on enemy phase and should ideally be killing enemies during enemy phase so that they can spend their player phase repositioning themselves.

Some questions, since I'm juggling a few characters while waiting for feathers : 

Michalis with Quick Risposte or Desperation or something else for the B slot? (Got Swap, Moonbow, Iote and Threaten Def atm. Waiting to 5* for Hauteclere)

----- 

What skills would be most suitable for Est? I'm just using the neutral freebie Est from the current quests. End 5* stats are as follows:

Hp: 36 l  Atk: 35 l Spd: 30 l Def: 24 l Res: 32

Got her Iceberg atm to put that large res pool to use. Really want to give her something better than Heavy Spear. She's going to be part of a Flier Emblem team with Minnie, Palla, and Catria. 

----

Not too sure about what to do with Nino? -hp/+def

5 minutes ago, komasa said:

Michalis with Quick Risposte or Desperation or something else for the B slot? (Got Swap, Moonbow, Iote and Threaten Def atm. Waiting to 5* for Hauteclere)

Michalis is far too slow to make use of Desperation.

Quick Riposte or a Weaponbreaker are probably your best bets.

So I got a five star Camilla and I want to sacrifice her to make someone else better because Camilla is trash with good skills so who are good candidates for darting blows or savage blows and which would be better to give away

21 minutes ago, komasa said:

I personally use Quick Riposte for my Michalis, to make use of his high DEF and bait enemies into hitting him. With it, you basically can ORKO any lance units that dare approach him. A breaker skill is also great, if you want to specialize in killing a certain type of enemy. If you want a hit and run strategy, you can try Drag Back. For example, you can OHKO Ninian, and retreat a space after.

His 26 speed is a little too low on the Arena standards. Desperation would fit Minerva much better than her brother.

What skills would be most suitable for Est? I'm just using the neutral freebie Est from the current quests. End 5* stats are as follows:

Hp: 36 l  Atk: 35 l Spd: 30 l Def: 24 l Res: 32

Got her Iceberg atm to put that large res pool to use. Really want to give her something better than Heavy Spear. She's going to be part of a Flier Emblem team with Minnie, Palla, and Catria. 

Est is a peculiar one. She has very high ATK for a lance flier with high RES, and such, she can actually be a good candidate for Brave Lance, while Catria can stick to her Killer Lance. But, as of now, there's no clear way of maximizing her potential; she's open for suggestion. Try whatever you want with her and I believe it'll work thanks to her good stat distribution.

Not too sure about what to do with Nino? -hp/+def

If you're not sure, you can just make use of her and find ways that you can use her well! Since the 1.2.0 patch, merging units will carry over their skills, so there's no point in keeping her at bay, especially if she's the only Nino you have. You can simply merge her with a better IV or rarity and nothing will be lost.

In case you already have a better Nino, you can inherit her Draw Back and Gronnblade; both are useful skills to have.

Edited by Lyrai

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Michalis is far too slow to make use of Desperation.

Quick Riposte or a Weaponbreaker are probably your best bets.

Awesome, will go with Quick Risposte then. Thank you the advice :)

Actually Camilla's Brave Axe+ and Draconic Aura is more useful to give away.

Straight away I can think of Cherche who wants that Brave Axe+ and Draconic Aura, since she can do the Brave build better with her higher Attack stat. Otherwise, any high Attack unit likes the Draconic Aura skill.

Since she's 5 star, the Brave Axe+ is something you want to give away since that's a 5 star only weapon. 

My advice, sacrifice a 3 or 4 star user for the normal Brave Axe, then sacrifice Camilla for Brave Axe+, Draconic Gaze and Draconic Aura. (If using Brave Axe+)

Edited by mcsilas

25 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

I personally use Quick Riposte for my Michalis, to make use of his high DEF and bait enemies into hitting him. With it, you basically can ORKO any lance units that dare approach him. A breaker skill is also great, if you want to specialize in killing a certain type of enemy.

His 26 speed is a little too low on the Arena standards. Desperation would fit Minerva much better than her brother.

Est is a peculiar one. She has very high ATK for a lance flier with high RES, and such, she can actually be a good candidate for Brave Lance, while Catria can stick to her Killer Lance. But, as of now, there's no clear way of maximizing her potential; she's open for suggestion. Try whatever you want with her and I believe it'll work thanks to her good stat distribution.

If you're not sure, you can just make use of her and find ways that you can use her well! Since the 1.2.0 patch, merging units will carry over their skills, so there's no point in keeping her at bay, especially if she's the only Nino you have. You can simply merge her with a better IV or rarity and nothing will be lost.

In case you already have a better Nino, you can inherit her Draw Back and Gronnblade; both are useful skills to have.

Definitely Quick Riposte for Michalis then x'D  

Yeah agreed, Est's such a weird one, hence I'm so troubled with skill setting her. Brave Lance is actually a pretty good idea since she's got the lowest speed and def of the three sisters, and would benefit from OHKOing things. I am worried if her Atk would be too low to make the best use of that Lance hm.. So maybe Death Blow to mitigate it... Alright.. I'll sort something out for her

For Nino, that's merging is a good point since I would prefer a +spd one. But I'm not fussy, I love Nino almost as much as Jaffar loves Nino x'D.  

Thank you so much for typing all those suggestions out! 

Edited by komasa
typo~

10 minutes ago, komasa said:

Yeah agreed, Est's such a weird one, hence I'm so troubled with skill setting her. Brave Lance is actually a pretty good idea since she's got the lowest speed and def of the three sisters, and would benefit from OHKOing things. I am worried if her Atk would be too low to make the best use of that Lance hm.. So maybe Death Blow to mitigate it... Alright.. I'll sort something out for her

35 Atk is typically considered "high".

I finally just got the gist of Skill Inheritance after pulling a 5* Freddy and merging my maxed 4* with him. I found my new Freddy had all the skills of my old one learned and still with 160 SP sitting idle

I've been doing it WRONG all these weeks! D:

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

I finally just got the gist of Skill Inheritance after pulling a 5* Freddy and merging my maxed 4* with him. I found my new Freddy had all the skills of my old one learned and still with 160 SP sitting idle

I've been doing it WRONG all these weeks! D:

They only added that feature less than a week and a half ago.

Would Threaten Attack be good on Hana?

I feel like I'm going to answer my own question since if it can activate before she engages an enemy, it could really help her out to lower the damage she takes. Then again, it might be better if someone else had it. Maybe I should have grabbed Spur Def from Draug, then, but I don't know if she'll be that close to people at times if she's the one always on the offense. Plan was to use a -Atk, +Def 3* Draug to give Brave Sword and Buckler and a spare Cain to give Escutcheon and Threaten Attack 2.

Edited by Kaden