Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

28 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Would Threaten Attack be good on Hana?

I feel like I'm going to answer my own question since if it can activate before she engages an enemy, it could really help her out to lower the damage she takes. Then again, it might be better if someone else had it. Maybe I should have grabbed Spur Def from Draug, then, but I don't know if she'll be that close to people at times if she's the one always on the offense. Plan was to use a -Atk, +Def 3* Draug to give Brave Sword and Buckler and a spare Cain to give Escutcheon and Threaten Attack 2.

If Hana hasn't killed her enemy, something is wrong.  I'm not sure how the "mitigate OHKOs" versus "obtain more ORKOs" are between Threaten Attack and Threaten Defense.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If Hana hasn't killed her enemy, something is wrong.  I'm not sure how the "mitigate OHKOs" versus "obtain more ORKOs" are between Threaten Attack and Threaten Defense.

Great, I should have just gotten Brave Sword and Escutcheon from Cain then... Oh well, I was trying to get rid of units, so that's fine.

Having a rough time figuring out who wants Wings of Mercy outside of someone like Hector, Olivia, and Ninian, but at the same time, hanging onto units is becoming detrimental since I'm being limited to 11 summons now.

Edit: Eh, it's still a C-slot, she doesn't have one, and it could help out the other units.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Having a rough time figuring out who wants Wings of Mercy outside of someone like Hector, Olivia, and Ninian, but at the same time, hanging onto units is becoming detrimental since I'm being limited to 11 summons now.

The general rules I have for Wings of Mercy:

1. I don't have another skill I want to put in the B slot (like a -breaker).
2. It's a unit that wants to be near others or has bad mobility
3. The unit can't use Escape Route, due to either being OHKOd or being too tanky otherwise.

This leaves either your aura buffers, your healers, or someone like Life and Death Linde (if she's not running Desperation FSR).

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The general rules I have for Wings of Mercy:

1. I don't have another skill I want to put in the B slot (like a -breaker).
2. It's a unit that wants to be near others or has bad mobility
3. The unit can't use Escape Route, due to either being OHKOd or being too tanky otherwise.

This leaves either your aura buffers, your healers, or someone like Life and Death Linde (if she's not running Desperation FSR).

Yeah, that's why I feel like Hector would like having WoM, but I don't have him. A knight suddenly dropping in to wreck stuff is quite hilarious.

Welp, guess I'll save it for Hector, Serra, or whatever. Maybe the eventual Black Knight who if he has Escape Route instead of having Wings of Mercy by default. Oh dear. If he's a GHB unit in the future, that would be horrible. Accidentally left someone alive and didn't take out the Black Knight? RIP. And then there's Alondite probably going to have a built-in Distant Counter on it. Yay... Anyway, I digress.

Thanks, eclipse.

Edited by Kaden

5 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

Could michalis make good use of a brave axe+ and draconic Aura?

Eh.

Honestly, Cherche's better for it.  Michalis comes with a very sweet axe, and if you really want to be silly with it, give him Bonfire.

Which one of fury, death blow and life and death are best for +speed -def Nino her likely teamates are som combinaton of Olivia/Azura/Lilina/spring Lucina/Takumi/Eirika/Hector

Also given the above what would be the best tome for Lilina to inherit raven or blade? If I go for the dancer+nino+lilina core it feels like raven is better but in my dancer+hector+lilina core blade seems better...

Edited by Erchamion

15 minutes ago, Erchamion said:

Which one of fury, death blow and life and death are best for +speed -def Nino her likely teamates are som combinaton of Olivia/Azura/Lilina/spring Lucina/Takumi/Eirika/Hector

Also given the above what would be the best tome for Lilina to inherit raven or blade? If I go for the dancer+nino+lilina core it feels like raven is better but in my dancer+hector+lilina core blade seems better...

Life and Death for Nino.  Her job is to kill things, not tank hits.

Lilina's a one-hit kill machine.  You can attempt the Sanaki build with -raven and Triangle Adept, but I'd rather share buffs with Nino and have her completely disregard weapon triangle with -blade.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Life and Death for Nino.  Her job is to kill things, not tank hits.

Lilina's a one-hit kill machine.  You can attempt the Sanaki build with -raven and Triangle Adept, but I'd rather share buffs with Nino and have her completely disregard weapon triangle with -blade.

Thanks for the advice, shame that LaD is not available on any 4* units will take weeks to get LaD from Hana...

Would fury be the best A-skill for blade Lilina? Since I often use her to tank mag attacks from the likes of nino and tharja (red mage+green mage+dancer seems very common on defense teams) it would be nice if she could survive being attacked by both in the same round and kill them on the counter (with a buff). Also my Lilina is -speed so LaD would be quite useless I think.

1 hour ago, komasa said:

Would Bow-breaker or Desperation be better on a -Hp/+Spd Jeorge with

Parthia, Reposition, Moonbow, Life and Death, and Spur Speed ?

I'd say Desperation, but to get him into desperation range in the first place he'd need to take about 9 damage. And seeing as how he has Life and Death he's either gonna be killing melee units like a psycho or slicing low def mages to pieces

Bow breaker is good but he'll more than likely only use it once before he drops to 50%, seeing as how he only needs to take 18 or more damage.

I say swap Reposition for Ardent sacrifice so this way he won't need to take damage to make use of Desperation

Also, how much bows would you say you face in the arena on an average of 7 runs?

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'd say Desperation, but to get him into desperation range in the first place he'd need to take about 9 damage. And seeing as how he has Life and Death he's either gonna be killing melee units like a psycho or slicing low def mages to pieces

Bow breaker is good but he'll more than likely only use it once before he drops to 50%, seeing as how he only needs to take 18 or more damage.I say swap Reposition for Ardent sacrifice so this way he won't need to take damage to make use of Desperation

Also, how much bows would you say you face in the arena on an average of 7 runs?

Those are really good points x'DDD. I guess the train of thought was: Bowbreaker as a way against Brave bow shenanigans but, yeah it's a bit unnecessary. Thank you, Desperation it is then! And I'll keep Ardent Sacrifice in mind for when I get lucky enough to draw someone (that's not Linde) with it. 

(cute updated avatar btw *pokes Orobo's face* )

25 minutes ago, komasa said:

I guess the train of thought was: Bowbreaker as a way against Brave bow shenanigans but, yeah it's a bit unnecessary.

Bowbreaker prevents an opponent's Brave Bow from hitting four times on enemy phase. There's no way to stop it from hitting twice on enemy phase because the Brave effect is not a follow-up attack.

18 minutes ago, komasa said:

(cute updated avatar btw *pokes Oboro's face* )

Why thank you! :D:

19 minutes ago, komasa said:

Those are really good points x'DDD. I guess the train of thought was: Bowbreaker as a way against Brave bow shenanigans but, yeah it's a bit unnecessary. Thank you, Desperation it is then! And I'll keep Ardent Sacrifice in mind for when I get lucky enough to draw someone (that's not Linde) with it. 

Bow users aren't so much of a problem anymore (it was mainly Takumi at first anyway) and your +Spd Jeorge with Life and Death gives him 40 speed which is nigh ridiculous

I did some match up calculating with your exact set and it's absolutely ridiculous (All enemies calculated at neutral)

Especially with a moonbow proc which gives him Ninety-four wins against all units in the game D: (Attack seal gives him 97)

Key targets he kills without a moonbow (and at full health) proc:

Eirika, Julia, Klein, Liliana, Linde, Ninian, Nowi, Reinhardt, Ryoma, Takumi and Tharja. Obviously he kills way more than this, but these are just people who are pretty main stream as of now that I wanted to mention (except maybe Tharja, Liliana and Takumi but eh). (Nino and Ogma live with 1 health so that's taken care of with attack seal)

^Your +Spd Life and death set is actually pretty busted^

And is even more busted if you have a dancer ;) (though I'm sure you already know that heh heh heh)

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Bowbreaker prevents an opponent's Brave Bow from hitting four times on enemy phase. There's no way to stop it from hitting twice on enemy phase because the Brave effect is not a follow-up attack.

Yeah getting hit twice is on enemy phase is inevitable. For +Spd Jeorge, I don't think there should be an archer that can quad him as with Life and Death as he'll have 40 Spd, same as +Spd Setsuna with the Brave bow. 

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Bow users aren't so much of a problem anymore (it was mainly Takumi at first anyway) and your +Spd Jeorge with Life and Death gives him 40 speed which is nigh ridiculous

I did some match up calculating with your exact set and it's absolutely ridiculous (All enemies calculated at neutral)

Especially with a moonbow proc which gives him Ninety-four wins against all units in the game D: (Attack seal gives him 97)

Key targets he kills without a moonbow (and at full health) proc:

Eirika, Julia, Klein, Liliana, Linde, Ninian, Nowi, Reinhardt, Ryoma, Takumi and Tharja. Obviously he kills way more than this, but these are just people who are pretty main stream as of now that I wanted to mention (except maybe Tharja, Liliana and Takumi but eh). (Nino and Ogma live with 1 health so that's taken care of with attack seal)

^Your +Spd Life and death set is actually pretty busted^

And is even more busted if you have a dancer ;) (though I'm sure you already know that heh heh heh)

Wow... I guess the plan to try and make Jeorge as ridiculous as possible is working out? Still need to do a some SP grinding to finish this set off.

Spoiler

1510e2f258967c00a0ca69afb8232ccc.jpg

And don't worry, no team is without Olivia (and her Hone Atk) x'DDDD

43 minutes ago, Shiro said:

thoughts on a distant counter marth with +spd minus hp with quick riposte threaten attack boonfire and reposition? any other suggestions?

I'm not too sure about a build like that, to be honest. Marth has really low res. Hector gets away with his low res because of his bucket of HP. On that note: why Marth over, say, Draug or something? (Armors use distant counter the best, and also want distant counter the most. Best because high BST, most because low mov.) Dragonic Aura should also outdamage Bonfire easily.

Nothing wrong with the build per se---distant counter almost anything will do work---so you can use him if you want to use him.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I'm not too sure about a build like that, to be honest. Marth has really low res. Hector gets away with his low res because of his bucket of HP. On that note: why Marth over, say, Draug or something? (Armors use distant counter the best, and also want distant counter the most. Best because high BST, most because low mov.) Dragonic Aura should also outdamage Bonfire easily.

Nothing wrong with the build per se---distant counter almost anything will do work---so you can use him if you want to use him.

well my marth is +7 and my hector is non merged so theres that :) 

20 hours ago, Erchamion said:

Thanks for the advice, shame that LaD is not available on any 4* units will take weeks to get LaD from Hana...

Would fury be the best A-skill for blade Lilina? Since I often use her to tank mag attacks from the likes of nino and tharja (red mage+green mage+dancer seems very common on defense teams) it would be nice if she could survive being attacked by both in the same round and kill them on the counter (with a buff). Also my Lilina is -speed so LaD would be quite useless I think.

Since you're looking for a combination of Atk/Res, Fury would work.

So, I don't know what to do with Soren's and Tharja's B slot.

I have very clear that I'm not even going to learn the watersweep abilities. They're at best inconsequential, and usually a hindrance. What would fit on Soren instead? Mine's +HP -atk, so he can't really fill the desperation nuke role. On the A slot I was thinking about giving him Darting Blow 3 since he's not that fast (base 33). It's better to hit twice than to hit once a bit harder, after all, and I have a spare 4* Tharja ready to be sacrificed.

My team composition is usually either Fury Ephraim or Effie (lately more Ephraim), Tharja, Olivia and mr. bonus. Next week mr. bonus is going to be Soren or Ike, but in case I finally pick Soren I'd like to have something prepared.

The OP has been updated again with the new skills from World of Radiance! Changes include:

• Added the following skills: Heavy Blade, Guard, Spur Defense / Resistance, and Watersweep to the list of 5* Exclusive skills
  • Added Ike as being able to learn Aether at 5*
  • Removed Hit and Run from the list of 5* Exclusive Skills, as Claire is now available as a 4*
  • Added Watersweep to the list of skills that cannot be inherited by staff users
  • Added Ragnell to the list of uninheritable skills
  • Claire has been added as a candidate for passing the following skills: Silver Lance, Hit and Run, and Harsh Command as a 4*
  • Lukas has been added as a candidate for passing the following skills: Killer Lance, Obstruct 3, and Sacred Cowl as a 4*

Now for questions:

47 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

I have very clear that I'm not even going to learn the watersweep abilities. They're at best inconsequential, and usually a hindrance. What would fit on Soren instead? Mine's +HP -atk, so he can't really fill the desperation nuke role. On the A slot I was thinking about giving him Darting Blow 3 since he's not that fast (base 33). It's better to hit twice than to hit once a bit harder, after all, and I have a spare 4* Tharja ready to be sacrificed.

My team composition is usually either Fury Ephraim or Effie (lately more Ephraim), Tharja, Olivia and mr. bonus. Next week mr. bonus is going to be Soren or Ike, but in case I finally pick Soren I'd like to have something prepared.

Soren's speed isn't impressive to begin with, and neither is his attack, your -Atk roll notwithstanding. Do you have a spare 4* Roy? Soren's 36 (40 because +HP) / 17 / 29 bulk is actually pretty great with a Raven Adept skill set, even you don't have the feathers to promote someone for the + version. To put it into perspective, he takes all of 13 damage from +Atk Takumi, and in turn can 2HKO. Raven works great with the Weaponbreakers as well, so you can take any of G Tomebreaker, Bowbreaker, or Lancebreaker, depending on what your team struggles with most; for your team specifically, Bowbreaker and Lancebreaker round out your coverage, while G Tomebreaker allows him to take on Nino if Tharja is occupied. If not, Wings of Mercy is a safe bet.

What stat spread is your Tharja? Desperation works great for her, since she gets bumped to 40 Spd when attacking assuming 5* neutral, and Ephraim can potentially give her +14 damage if you stack a Hone skill and a Rally Assist with his Siegmund--Hone Spd and Rally Defense would be best in this case. Fury can take you to the threshold for Desperation to proc, though with Ephraim's buffs she'll end up having 41 Spd instead of the 44 with Darting Blow. Swordbreaker gives her coverage against Fury variants that are too fast for her to double, though with Ephraim and Olivia that overlapping coverage may not be necessary.

Hope this helped! Keep posting your questions here, as always!

1 hour ago, Taim Meich said:

Darting Blow 3 + Desperation seems like a fun gimmick build.

Say, what skills would look good on Cain?

I'm going to play him Offensively and I already have him with Luna because I find it funny with Brave Weapons.

Also, any good skillsets for Sully too? I'm also giving her an Offensive kit too.

Edited by Frosty

First of all, thanks for the thorough reply, really appreciated.

36 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Soren's speed isn't impressive to begin with, and neither is his attack, your -Atk roll notwithstanding. Do you have a spare 4* Roy? Soren's 36 (40 because +HP) / 17 / 29 bulk is actually pretty great with a Raven Adept skill set, even you don't have the feathers to promote someone for the + version. To put it into perspective, he takes all of 13 damage from +Atk Takumi, and in turn can 2HKO. Raven works great with the Weaponbreakers as well, so you can take any of G Tomebreaker, Bowbreaker, or Lancebreaker, depending on what your team struggles with most; for your team specifically, Bowbreaker and Lancebreaker round out your coverage, while G Tomebreaker allows him to take on Nino if Tharja is occupied. If not, Wings of Mercy is a safe bet.

I have a lot of feathers and no one I really want to promote, so the idea of a Raven+ Soren is quite appealing, specially since while trying for Ike a 4* Roy happened to be summoned, not knowing his fate. So I'd have to promote a green Raven tome user (I have a Cecilia that's perfect for the task) to 5*, feed him her tome, and then feed him Roy's Triangle Adept. This seems like a good plan to give him a defined role and not be a discount Nino, thanks.

What stat spread is your Tharja? Desperation works great for her, since she gets bumped to 40 Spd when attacking assuming 5* neutral, and Ephraim can potentially give her +14 damage if you stack a Hone skill and a Rally Assist with his Siegmund--Hone Spd and Rally Defense would be best in this case. Fury can take you to the threshold for Desperation to proc, though with Ephraim's buffs she'll end up having 41 Spd instead of the 44 with Darting Blow. Swordbreaker gives her coverage against Fury variants that are too fast for her to double, though with Ephraim and Olivia that overlapping coverage may not be necessary.

She's +HP -def. Still within 2 Fury recoil procs to activate Desperation but... Aren't 2 procs actually too much? By the time desperation kicks, the battle should be mostly settled. I have a 4* Eirika that's +HP -spd (seriously, I'm plagued with +HP units...) that I plan to convert into a buffbot, but even with the potential +14 damage she could give her I don't think it's a wise idea to stack 2 red units in a team. Maybe give Eirika's Hone Speed 3 to her brother? That would give Tharja a +10 bonus through Ephraim, +14 if I ditched reposition for rally defense. He'd lose threaten def 3 which I think it's great, but could be worth a shot.

And to reiterate because I wandered a bit: how would typically Fury put me in Desperation threshold in a typical battle? I can't see how it will before it ends not mattering.

Again, thanks for the inspiration, everyone.

8 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

And to reiterate because I wandered a bit: how would typically Fury put me in Desperation threshold in a typical battle? I can't see how it will before it ends not mattering.

Take damage from an enemy that can counterattack that doesn't kill you and that you cannot kill in one hit. Or take a hit on enemy phase.

Edited by Ice Dragon