Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

39 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Does she have Blarblade? If so, Moonbow if you really need her to activate it. 

If not and/or you don't need her to activate a special, Draconic Aura or Dragon Fang since they use her high attack. Iceberg and Glacies can work, but her resistance won't be in the 30's unless she gets a resistance boost or she's +Res which wouldn't matter of you're running Life and Death on her since it would drop her defense and resistance.

If Linde consistently doubles everyone she's supposed to be fighting, then they're likely dead regardless of her special. Dragon Fang could allow her to go against greens and high resistance blues by giving her a larger damage boost than Dragonic Aura, but this comes at a cost of being a 4 cooldown.

Edit: Forgot to ask: what is her boon/bane?

Thanks

Right niw its +res -hp.  I hope I will get a +spd one day

Btw, I try to equip her with  as skills as if she was +spd so that when I merge her into a +spd linde I will have the best skillset that I can afford already

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be a bad idea to build Clair as a Titania, but minus Guard? Or, well, a high resistance, average defense Subaki? Got one with -Atk, not entirely happy considering -Atk on her reminds me of the miserable days with -Atk Subaki who has 1 attack less than her. She has a Silver Lance, but Sapphire Lance might work better. Unfortunately, that would require that I sacrifice either a Subaki or Sully and both have great skill sets. Basically, have her anti-red where her attack and defense are patched up by Sapphire Lance and her resistance becomes even better against red dragons and mages. The only problems I see with this is the lack of Guard and that reds tend to have higher attack compared to the other colors. If I do this, I'm probably just going to limit her to arena bonus and singleplayer maps.

Also, coin-flip thing: I finally have a Gordin, but +Spd, -Def ruins his selling point and makes him a slower, slightly bulkier Virion. I like using new units and keeping one of each on hand, but I'm running out of space, so I might just use him to give Brave Bow to either Setsuna or Virion which would make Gordin the only unit I've immediately dumped. Opinions?

31 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I just got an extra Hector last night.  Which units would really appreciate his distant counter?  Not really a fan of using armours, heh.  Would any non-armour units do well with it?

Most melees do well with it, because melees have more BST than ranged, so losing the A-slot in exchange for 1-2 range counter isn't a big loss, especially with forts.

Optimal DC usage, however, is pretty much always going to be on armors, again because of BST.

1 hour ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I just got an extra Hector last night.  Which units would really appreciate his distant counter?  Not really a fan of using armours, heh.  Would any non-armour units do well with it?

High-Res physical attackers like Eliwood, Jagen, and Titania can do well with it since it allows them to do more than just soak up hits.

Just pulled Celica, but I doubt I'll use her(I have better units). So, I want to use her as Skill Inheritance fodder for Distant Defense. 

I know it is better for Enemy-phase units, so you would you suggest should inherit it?

I have Xander, Ike (+res/-spd), Zephiel, Both Tiki's, and Nowi. These seem like one of the best choices.

13 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

Just pulled Celica, but I doubt I'll use her(I have better units). So, I want to use her as Skill Inheritance fodder for Distant Defense. 

I know it is better for Enemy-phase units, so you would you suggest should inherit it?

I have Xander, Ike (+res/-spd), Zephiel, Both Tiki's, and Nowi. These seem like one of the best choices.

The problem with Distant Def is that, rather than giving a unit +6/+6 defenses when countering ranged, you could just give a unit with +6/+6 defenses over the unit you're currently using, and give that unit distant-counter.

Saw a pretty neat Rogue Dagger+ Felicia build on reddit, though:

The OP has been updated again with the new skills from Rite of Shadows! Changes include:

• Added Distant Defense, Earth Boost, Wrathful Staff, B Tome Experience, Blárowl, and Gronnowl to the list of 5* Exclusive skills
  • Added Celica as being able to learn Blazing Light at 5*
  • Added Wrathful Staff to the list of staff-exclusive skills
  • Added Ragnarok to the list of uninheritable skills
  • Soren has been added as a candidate for passing the following skills as a 4*: Rexcalibur, Fortify Resistance, and Growing Wind
  • Titania has been added as a candidate for passing the following skills as a 4*: Emerald Axe, Armored Blow, and Reciprocal Aid

Now for questions:

8 hours ago, Kaden said:

Would it be a bad idea to build Clair as a Titania? Got one with -Atk. She has a Silver Lance, but Sapphire Lance might work better. Basically, have her anti-red where her attack and defense are patched up by Sapphire Lance and her resistance becomes even better against red dragons and mages. The only problems I see with this is the lack of Guard and that reds tend to have higher attack compared to the other colors.

Also, coin-flip thing: I finally have a Gordin, but +Spd, -Def ruins his selling point and makes him a slower, slightly bulkier Virion. I might just use him to give Brave Bow to either Setsuna or Virion which would make Gordin the only unit I've immediately dumped. Opinions?

Red swords are more common than other red units, though that might change if Celica becomes a popular unit next season. Clair has 1 more base Atk and Spd than Subaki, though the latter has better overall bulk. I'd still use Subaki since he requires less investment out of the box if you're going to just move his skills onto her, and physical hits outside of bows are typically easier to stomach than magical ones.

Just use Gordin. Setsuna is outclassed with a Brave Bow set and Virion only has a few points of Spd over Gordin--they tie in Atk--which won't double very many units even with +Spd.

11 hours ago, Galactaray said:

What are good A-skills for Genny? Leaning towards HP+5 since there don't seem to be a lot of good a-skills for her.

Either Atk +3 or HP +5 will do. Her Spd base is relatively low and Spd +3 won't fix it.

7 hours ago, Tuvy said:

Any viable use for Stahl? I'm genuinely curious.

Stahl has similar bases to Eldigan and Xander, with slightly less Atk and slightly higher Spd, though he has somewhat lower physical bulk. Nonetheless, he can run the same skills they typically do, from Fury to bump his defenses to Swordbreaker and Quick Riposte to improve his enemy phase. +Atk Stahls can even run Death Blow Brave Sword+ somewhat competently, though default Cain does it better. He's somewhat balanced for a sword cavalier and doesn't have a particular niche he excels in.

Keep posting your questions as always!

32 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The problem with Distant Def is that, rather than giving a unit +6/+6 defenses when countering ranged, you could just give a unit with +6/+6 defenses over the unit you're currently using, and give that unit distant-counter.

2JtN6pK.png

I really would like to try this, but then I have to roll and sacrifice those 5*.

30 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I suddenly realized why this build works. Wow. And I thought my Windsweep Smoke Dagger build was clever (but that was before Distant Def was a thing).

I think I'm going to have to steal this build now. It looks gorgeous.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Stahl has similar bases to Eldigan and Xander, with slightly less Atk and slightly higher Spd, though he has somewhat lower physical bulk. Nonetheless, he can run the same skills they typically do, from Fury to bump his defenses to Swordbreaker and Quick Riposte to improve his enemy phase. +Atk Stahls can even run Death Blow Brave Sword+ somewhat competently, though default Cain does it better. He's somewhat balanced for a sword cavalier and doesn't have a particular niche he excels in.

@Tuvy

Stahl can also run (Ruby Sword+, Moonbow, Life and Death 3, Swordbreaker 3) for a more offensive build designed for use on a cavalry team (or in a cavalry pair with Hone Cavalry buffs). His Def is high enough to keep him alive even with Life and Death, and Ruby Sword+ gives him impressive offenses and defenses against green units. Swordbreaker helps him take out the less bulky swords without much difficulty.

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

I was just waiting for defensive skills to come by to theory craft something like that, but it looks like someone was much faster. It's just... wow!
But as much as I would love to use Felicia, if I ever pull Celica, Distant Def will probably go to Y!Tiki for even more Quick Riposte Kills.

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Red swords are more common than other red units, though that might change if Celica becomes a popular unit next season. Clair has 1 more base Atk and Spd than Subaki, though the latter has better overall bulk. I'd still use Subaki since he requires less investment out of the box if you're going to just move his skills onto her, and physical hits outside of bows are typically easier to stomach than magical ones.

No, I meant that Clair's defensive stats are Subaki's but flipped; Subaki has high defense and all right resistance while Clair has high resistance and all right defense. So, I'm not going to make Clair into Subaki unless giving her a Sapphire Lance somehow turns her into Subaki...

Clair's stat spread is similar to Sully as well which Titania's is also similar, so I figure that making Clair a red check, especially to red mages might be useful. I don't know, Swordbreaker deal with physical reds and Sapphire Lance or T-Adept would make red mages even less threatening.

Subaki's been wonderful to me, so he's staying, but if I were to work on Clair which might involve sacrificing 2 units with fantastic skills, would it be a bad idea to make her into a red check? Maybe my wording was a bit weird.

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Just use Gordin. Setsuna is outclassed with a Brave Bow set and Virion only has a few points of Spd over Gordin--they tie in Atk--which won't double very many units even with +Spd.

But Virion is the archest of archers, he deserves the best and Setsuna... er... she's fun? :p

Yeah, I decided to keep him since I've never had a Brave Bow user, so it might be useful to get used to how one actually works on my own and what I like and don't like doing with them. Virion would only be missing Death Blow 3 and he can basically be a decent, physically bulkier Klein. Apparently, having 2 less speed than Klein makes Virion slightly worse than Virion in overall results. Default sets, though, Gordin has the advantage through Attack +3, but if assuming neutral stats and without any skills, the better regular Brave Bow users of the 3 from what I remember looking into is Klein, Virion, and then Gordin. Virion's 6 more speed over Gordin matters, but since the Gordin I pulled is +Spd, -Def, they're kind of similar... so... yeah.

I don't have the skills necessary or the boon/bane for Setsuna to properly build a Brave Bow Setsuna. Life & Death is 5*-only and I don't want to kill off my only Jaffar, I'd have to promote a 4* Gordin or even an eventual Klein to get Brave Bow+ and 3* Shanna for Desperation, and it would be idea if I had a +Atk or +Spd Setsuna rather than the opposite. The only skill I have for her is Luna.

14 minutes ago, Kaden said:

No, I meant that Clair's defensive stats are Subaki's but flipped; Subaki has high defense and all right resistance while Clair has high resistance and all right defense. So, I'm not going to make Clair into Subaki unless giving her a Sapphire Lance somehow turns her into Subaki...

Clair's stat spread is similar to Sully as well which Titania's is also similar, so I figure that making Clair a red check, especially to red mages might be useful. I don't know, Swordbreaker deal with physical reds and Sapphire Lance or T-Adept would make red mages even less threatening.

Subaki's been wonderful to me, so he's staying, but if I were to work on Clair which might involve sacrificing 2 units with fantastic skills, would it be a bad idea to make her into a red check? Maybe my wording was a bit weird.

My wording was a bit off too; I was trying to say that red swords are more common than red mages, and Subaki is better suited to taking on the former with his HP / Def along with innate Sapphire Lance and Quick Riposte. Using Clair as a magic red check is fine in itself, though I doubt the meta calls for it unless Celica becomes a very overcentralizing threat in Arena.

Whether or not you can dump the resources into her is another matter entirely. If you have skill fodder to spare, then giving her the bump might not be so bad, though the whole idea is niche enough that I'd pass on it, personally.

14 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

My wording was a bit off too; I was trying to say that red swords are more common than red mages, and Subaki is better suited to taking on the former with his HP / Def along with innate Sapphire Lance and Quick Riposte. Using Clair as a magic red check is fine in itself, though I doubt the meta calls for it unless Celica becomes a very overcentralizing threat in Arena.

Whether or not you can dump the resources into her is another matter entirely. If you have skill fodder to spare, then giving her the bump might not be so bad, though the whole idea is niche enough that I'd pass on it, personally.

Clair is pretty much my only blue flyer with very good resistance and who shouldn't be doing anything else like Est whose high attack is better used with a Brave Lance and while Est has high resistance as well, it's like a secondary thing for her while stabbing people to death is the primary or Shanna whose default kit works well for zero investment. Florina... well... she's disappointing. My only Florina is +Atk, -Def. Let's just say she's fragile. Between Clair and Florina, I'd rather invest in Clair knowing her natural speed is high enough that I won't need to depend on Darting Blow or speed buffs.

So, while I don't have the resources I'd want to spend -- hopefully we'll get more Sapphire Lance users who don't have amazing other skills --, Clair seems like someone that would be useful even in those niche situations like specific GHB maps, other special maps, etc., as a red check, especially as a red magic check.

Also, personally, I've found great use in having Titania be a blue, especially blue magic, check who sits there, hits back, soaks up hits, and then unleashes Glacies on poor blues. Then again, she's green and she's fighting blues, so, a different story. It's just satisfying seeing enemies do single digit or zero damage.

Edited by Kaden

Hi guys! Sorry for interrupting on your current disscussion about another hero but i was wondering if I could have some assistance on skill Inheritance for a couple of heroes of mine.

heroes- 

f corrin:  -hp/+spd

camilla:  -hp/+def 

celica:  +def/-res 

Edit: I was going to use m Robin or azura or Elise along with these three units, they were going to be my main team. 

Thank you and every advice offered is much appreciated! :) enjoy the rest of the day! 

Edited by jaaason_d14

2 hours ago, jaaason_d14 said:

Hi guys! Sorry for interrupting on your current disscussion about another hero but i was wondering if I could have some assistance on skill Inheritance for a couple of heroes of mine.

heroes- 

f corrin:  -hp/+spd

camilla:  -hp/+def 

celica:  +def/-res 

Thank you and every advice offered is much appreciated! :) enjoy the rest of the day! 

Context is important!  For example, what team(s) will they be on?  What do you want to do with them?

I recently pulled a +Res -HP Celica and plan to give her Fury 2 and Vantage 3 for her A and B skills, but like with most units, I'm always unsure what I should use for the C Skill. I plan to use her with Anna + Sharena who can buff up her stats with Fortify's and Rally's as well. I could just keep her innate Spur Def 3 because it's nice to stand behind melee heroes so she doesn't get attacked by opposing ones. Any thoughts?

Edit: Also, I'm not sure which offensive special to use either. Dragon Fang will do massive damage when proc'd, but has more cooldown than Luna or Moonbow, which aren't as effective compared to Dragon Fang.

Edited by JHufself

On 5/18/2017 at 6:22 AM, JHufself said:

I recently pulled a +Res -HP Celica and plan to give her Fury 2 and Vantage 3 for her A and B skills, but like with most units, I'm always unsure what I should use for the C Skill. I plan to use her with Anna + Sharena who can buff up her stats with Fortify's and Rally's as well. I could just keep her innate Spur Def 3 because it's nice to stand behind melee heroes so she doesn't get attacked by opposing ones. Any thoughts?

Edit: Also, I'm not sure which offensive special to use either. Dragon Fang will do massive damage when proc'd, but has more cooldown than Luna or Moonbow, which aren't as effective compared to Dragon Fang.

When in doubt, Dragonic Aura.

If I must run a Spur, I'd rather have Atk/Spd.

I had a few builds in mind....

Defensive Wall Subaki

Spoiler

+Atk/-Res, or +Spd/-res

Weapon: Killer Lance+
Assist: Swap/Reposition/Pivot
Special: Bonfire (for +Atk), or Ignis (for +Spd)

Skill A: Iote's Shield or Distant Def 3
Skill B: Quick Riposte 3
Skill C: ____ - Fliers (for Flier Emblem), or flexible if not Flier Emblem.

Leo (Horse-baki)

Spoiler

+Atk/-spd, or +Spd/-Res

Weapon: Brynhildr or Rauoblade+
Assist: Flexible
Special: Moonbow

Skill A: Close Counter
Skill B: Quick Riposte 3
Skill C: _____ - Cavalry (Horse Emblem team), flexible otherwise.

Cordelia

Spoiler

+atk/-res, though +atk/-hp and +spd/-res works too

Weapon: Brave Lance+
Assist: Reposition
Special: Luna

Skill A: Darting Blow 3
Skill B: Vantage 3/Desperation 3/Hit and Run
Skill C: Threaten Speed 3

Edit: Wow, I'm horrible. I didn't even finish my post lol... I just want to ask if these builds are viable.

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

Hey everyone, looking for some assistance with SI...

Right now I have 2/4 of my main team unit's built and progressing totheir full potential. (Defensive Tank Xander, Swap, Escutcheon, Renewal... and Go Big or Go Home Robin, Blarraven+ (default), Triangle Adept, Swordbreaker) Now that they're well-under way, I figured it's time to start on my last project (Ravens kinda dead weight until I can 5-star Nino lol), IKE.

I'm thinking an offensive rush unit that can take some damage (+Def helps lol) and dish it out sevenfold. 

My current thoughts are Pivot (for mobility), and maybe Threaten Def. Any help with possible B SKILLS (unless I should just keep Swordbreaker) and possible C SKILLS is greatly appreciated. :)

Edited by Big Smoke

I know I already requested help above but it seems no one has looked at it yet.

while waiting for advice I decided to do a little of my own info finding and it seems that I patched up my Camilla quite well.

all I need is some skill inheritance assistance on-

Celica +DEF/-RES - I don't know what her assist should be, I was thinking of reposition but I need a second opinion, I also don't know what c skill I should give her. 

female Corrin -HP/+SPD -I'm having trouble picking out her A, B, and C skills, for The C slot I was actually thinking of threaten RES but I need second opinions. 

they are both my top priorities right now because they are part of my main team. 

My main team will very much include-

celica (red), azura (dancer)(blue), camilla (green), f Corrin or m Robin (blue).

Thank you so much guys! 

Edited by jaaason_d14

On 5/20/2017 at 6:26 AM, Big Smoke said:

Hey everyone, looking for some assistance with SI...

Right now I have 2/4 of my main team unit's built and progressing totheir full potential. (Defensive Tank Xander, Swap, Escutcheon, Renewal... and Go Big or Go Home Robin, Blarraven+ (default), Triangle Adept, Swordbreaker) Now that they're well-under way, I figured it's time to start on my last project (Ravens kinda dead weight until I can 5-star Nino lol), IKE.

I'm thinking an offensive rush unit that can take some damage (+Def helps lol) and dish it out sevenfold. 

My current thoughts are Pivot (for mobility), and maybe Threaten Def. Any help with possible B SKILLS (unless I should just keep Swordbreaker) and possible C SKILLS is greatly appreciated. :)

Quick Riposte is another option, if you want to make bows cry, too.

On 5/20/2017 at 8:56 AM, jaaason_d14 said:

I know I already requested help above but it seems no one has looked at it yet.

while waiting for advice I decided to do a little of my own info finding and it seems that I patched up my Camilla quite well.

all I need is some skill inheritance assistance on-

Celica +DEF/-RES - I don't know what her assist should be, I was thinking of reposition but I need a second opinion, I also don't know what c skill I should give her. 

female Corrin -HP/+SPD -I'm having trouble picking out her A, B, and C skills, for The C slot I was actually thinking of threaten RES but I need second opinions. 

they are both my top priorities right now because they are part of my main team. 

Thank you so much guys! 

Sorry, been busy!

Celica - Assist depends on the rest of your team (Rally Stat if your team's noticeably lacking something, Draw Back/Reposition otherwise).  C skill also depends on your team.  I'm a fan of Hone/Fortify skills.  A Spur can work, if you have someone like Eir taking care of your buffs.

Corrin - What she does with herself heavily depends on the rest of your team, as well as what you want out of her.  In other words, since you stated that she's one of your mains, can you post the rest of your team?