Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

@CWGameplay "Marth" and Lucina to an extent have a wealth of options for their skill builds, though I personally run this:

Spoiler

Falchion

Fury 3

Swordbreaker 3

Spur Atk 3

Reposition

Luna

Life and Death is an excellent choice already, though do look towards maxing it out in the future.

For her B Passive, consider Vantage, Swordbreaker, and Desperation, though some people like the additional healing Renewal offers in tandem with Falchion. If you want to take the HP manipulation route, Reciprocal Aid is a nice touch for her assist, though Reposition is the most commonly used.

The C Passive is dependent on what you want her to accomplish on your team, as well as what buffs her allies are going to want the most. To this end, offensive Hones and Spurs, especially Spur Atk, are preferred.

For the special, Draconic Aura is a nice touch for the +16 damage, which edges out Luna on all but the most physically bulky of enemy units.

Hope this helps.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MrSmokestack

Thank you!  That really does help. I'm thinking of going with the Life and Death/Desperation build, as I've seen it work well, but I definitely want to consider the HP manipulation route, as that seem interesting.  Thanks for the advice :>

On 6/25/2017 at 1:57 PM, Kaden said:

For Rebecca being your best archer, do you still have Virion? 

Apologies, I've had a hard time posting, the site keeps automatically logging me out for some reason.

Anyway, I have a 4* Virion, a 4* Niles, a *3 star Gordin, and a *5 Jeorge. I assumed Rebecca was better since she's 5* like Jeorge and her overall stat spread looked better. But now that I know how to tell the Boon/Bane, I've found out that Virion, Gordin and Jeorge are ALL +Atk, and Niles is completely neutral.

I've been trying to make my main team one red, one blue, one green and one colorless (preferably an archer, I don't use healers much and I don't have anything in the way of daggers).

6 hours ago, XRay said:

Depending on how often you summon, Roy is quite common. None of the 4* units are particularly rare in my experience, although I do summon a lot more than most players.

Any individual 4-star character is less common than any individual 5-star focus character. You're more than 2.5× more likely to pull Eldigan (3.5%) from the Fury banner than you are to pull a 4-star Roy (1.3%).

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Any individual 4-star character is less common than any individual 5-star focus character. You're more than 2.5× more likely to pull Eldigan (3.5%) from the Fury banner than you are to pull a 4-star Roy (1.3%).

I stand corrected. I will pretend I did not see those tiny percentages. I still have three left over Roys from the bride banner, so I am trying really hard not to think about all the other stuff I could have spent my money on instead of this game.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

Depending on how often you summon, Roy is quite common. None of the 4* units are particularly rare in my experience, although I do summon a lot more than most players.

Yes. 4* Robin's Resistance is too low to duel popular mages. To be fair, there is no such thing as dueling Blade mages anyway unless you can separate them from their support or have Triangle Adept 3 and high enough Resistance to reduce their damage to a reasonable level. You either kill Blade mages before they can attack you, or you screw up and accidentally leave one of your units in their attack range. At best, you may survive with a few HP remaining and you can try to kill them on player phase if there are no other enemies around.

I would only use Robin to counter colorless and reds since that is where he shines. If you have trouble against lances, there are better candidates than Robin. Robin's primary build is against colorless units, and if you promote him to 5*, he can counter kill red Blade mages but he will take heavy damage.

I spend over 100 orbs last time I try to get the Vantage skill & failed miserably since they gave nothing but Firs'.

Anyways thx for the suggestion, guess I'll just make Robin a melee killer.

4 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Is a good idea upgrade my + speed Cecilia to five stars? i have reinhardt too in my team for horse emblem.

As long as your Cecilia is not -Atk, then it is good. But before you do that, if you have extra 4* copies of her, you might want to have those copies learn some important skills and then merge into your primary Cecilia. Each level of merging for a 4* also decreases the feather cost by 300. Merging is better than sending home because sending a 4* copy home gives you 300 feathers but it does not give you the SP bonus.

15 hours ago, XRay said:

As long as your Cecilia is not -Atk, then it is good. But before you do that, if you have extra 4* copies of her, you might want to have those copies learn some important skills and then merge into your primary Cecilia. Each level of merging for a 4* also decreases the feather cost by 300. Merging is better than sending home because sending a 4* copy home gives you 300 feathers but it does not give you the SP bonus.

Thanks dude, i dont have triangle adet 3 ( pnly 2) and death blow 3, is good idea inherit fury 3 on cecilia + speed? i dont see this build in comon webs but i dont have more things.

1 hour ago, ignis_z said:

Thanks dude, i dont have triangle adet 3 ( pnly 2) and death blow 3, is good idea inherit fury 3 on cecilia + speed? i dont see this build in comon webs but i dont have more things.

For Cecilia, if she is going to use a Raven build, then +Atk is better than +Spd.

+Spd is for Gronnblade, Life and Death, Axebreaker/Desperation
You can substitute L&D with Swift Sparrow. If you do not have that, Fury is fine.

+Atk is for Gronnraven, Moonbow, TA, QR
You can substitute TA with Fury, but she will be less effective against colorless and blues.

Death Blow 3 is more for very slow Brave weapon users or Reinhardt who do not need the speed to double attack. Blade builds need all the speed it can get to double attack. Raven builds function much better as enemy phase units with QR, and Death Blow does not work on enemy phase.

33 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

For Eirika should she have Fury 2, T.A 2 or L&D 2 for passive A?

For Ephraim should he have Rally Defense or Speed for Assist?

If you are using them as support units, Fury 3 is good since they will not see much combat, and when they do see combat, their stat increases should help them out. You can also use TA on Eirika if her glass cannon ally cannot handle greens, and if Ephraim's ally cannot handle reds. Their C Passive should be Hone Spd, Seal should be Hone Res, and Assist should be Hone Def. Alternatively, their Assist can be Rally Def/Res, which frees up the Seal Passive for something else.

L&D is for player phase offensive units, and if you are going to use them offensively, you might want to check the calculator to see if they kill more with Braves or with their native legendary weapons. Offensive units should use positioning skills for Assists.

In my opinion, mixing builds is generally not a good idea unless you do not have the resources to inherit anything better. Mixed builds do not perform as well as specialized builds.

Edited by XRay

40 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you are using them as support units, Fury 3 is good since they will not see much combat, and when they do see combat, their stat increases should help them out. You can also use TA on Eirika if her glass cannon ally cannot handle greens, and if Ephraim's ally cannot handle reds. Their C Passive should be Hone Spd, Seal should be Hone Res, and Assist should be Hone Def. Alternatively, their Assist can be Rally Def/Res, which frees up the Seal Passive for something else.

L&D is for player phase offensive units, and if you are going to use them offensively, you might want to check the calculator to see if they kill more with Braves or with their native legendary weapons. Offensive units should use positioning skills for Assists.

In my opinion, mixing builds is generally not a good idea unless you do not have the resources to inherit anything better. Mixed builds do not perform as well as specialized builds.

Actually I nearly completed mine Ephraim so I was wondering what he should use as an Assist between Rally Defense or Speed, but now that you mentioned it I feel like he should Swap instead. Well that is if I decide to make him a mixture of support & offense.

Regarding Eirika, what exactly is the difference that makes L&D better than Fury? I already decided she should have Fury 2 since I want her to be a support unit, but are you saying in terms of offense I should use L&D instead because my Lucy & M-Marth has Fury to help them in terms of stats.

Edited by Zangetsu

45 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Cecilia, if she is going to use a Raven build, then +Atk is better than +Spd.

+Spd is for Gronnblade, Life and Death, Axebreaker/Desperation
You can substitute L&D with Swift Sparrow. If you do not have that, Fury is fine.

+Atk is for Gronnraven, Moonbow, TA, QR
You can substitute TA with Fury, but she will be less effective against colorless and blues.

Death Blow 3 is more for very slow Brave weapon users or Reinhardt who do not need the speed to double attack. Blade builds need all the speed it can get to double attack. Raven builds function much better as enemy phase units with QR, and Death Blow does not work on enemy phase.

omg i only have the book of cecilia not ninos book ;(. But i have life death 3 of a gold jaffar... What do you think?

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Actually I nearly completed mine Ephraim so I was wondering what he should use as an Assist between Rally Defense or Speed, but now that you mentioned it I feel like he should Swap instead. Well that is if I decide to make him a mixture of support & offense.

Regarding Eirika, what exactly is the difference that makes L&D better than Fury? I already decided she should have Fury 2 since I want her to be a support unit, but are you saying in terms of offense I should use L&D instead because my Lucy & M-Marth has Fury to help them in terms of stats.

L&D kills more things. Boosting defensive stats on glass cannons at the expense of offensive stats makes them less likely to kill enemies. The more enemies on the map, the harder it is to defend, especially if the enemies are close to you.

The drop in Defense and Resistance does not matter for glass cannons if their allies can Assist them out of enemy range. There is no need to worry about their survival if their survival is "guaranteed" since their enemies cannot even touch them.

1 minute ago, ignis_z said:

omg i only have the book of cecilia not ninos book ;(. But i have life death 3 of a gold jaffar... What do you think?

If you do not have the materials to assemble either build yet, I would postpone making Cecilia a 5* and work on the rest of your team. Pony teams work well enough using 4* units. If your Reinhardt does not have Death Blow 3 yet, then give that to him.

I would keep Jaffar for now, since there might be new Story maps or GHB maps where having a dagger unit may be helpful.

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

^Yeah that make a lot of sense, but damn do I have a bitch of a time to sacrifice Zephiel. He's too much of collecter's item.    :(

I personally do not like to use GHB units as skill fodder, but that is up to the player themselves. I prefer to merge them down the line when I am motivated to work on them.

are there general rules as to what skill work well on certain types of units and or what skill sets work well together, as well as rules for merging efficiency. I saw something about inheriting level three skills as a four star unit, but that's all that I remember reading.

7 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

are there general rules as to what skill work well on certain types of units and or what skill sets work well together, as well as rules for merging efficiency. I saw something about inheriting level three skills as a four star unit, but that's all that I remember reading.

I answered you in the other thread already, but in case you missed it, here is the thread I made concerning that topic.

As for merging efficiency, you want to merge all your copies together first and then sacrifice the highly merged copy to the actual unit you want to keep. It goes something like this:

Level Bad Nature Copy 1 to between 30 and 40, learn all the skills.
Merge/sacrifice BNC1 to BNC2.
Level BNC2 to between 30 and 40, learn all the skills.
Merge/sacrifice BNC2 into BNC3.
Level BNC3 to between 30 and 40, learn all the skills.
Level BNC9 to between 30 and 40, learn all the skills.
Merge/sacrifice BNC9 into the unit with the nature you want to keep.

Merging efficiency is used for maximizing SP gains. Besides the SP boosting C Passives, I am not sure what level three skills you are talking about.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, Tragonight said:

Iceberg or Draconic Aura on a Fury +Res -Def Julia?

Depends on her skill set.

Iceberg is better if Julia is going with Naga.

Draconic Aura is only useful on Blades in my opinion.

You can use the calculator to check.

1 hour ago, xrokhanx said:

Anyone try skill Brave weapon (-5 speed, attack twice) skill with Desperation (if initiates with HP < 75%, attack twice) ???

It seems to not be stacked.

Desperation doesn't guarantee a follow-up attack; Brash Assault does. Desperation only makes the follow-up attack occur before the enemy's counter, so Cordelia would need to be doubling them already for it to work.

In this case, Desperation is still better than Brash Assault if only because of how frail Cordelia is.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, xrokhanx said:

Anyone try skill Brave weapon (-5 speed, attack twice) skill with Desperation (if initiates with HP < 75%, attack twice)

You seem to misunderstand. The usual combat goes attacker hits → defender counterattacks → whoever is faster or breaking follows-up.

Brave weapon attacks twice in a round of combat.
With a brave weapon it’s attacker hits twice → defender counterattacks → whoever is faster follows-up, and if it is attacker, they hit twice.

With Desperation, the attacker’s follow-up (if they are faster or breaking) comes before the defender’s counterattack: attacker hits → attacker follows-up → defender counterattacks.

With both a brave weapon and Desperation both attacker’s attack and follow-up (if they are faster or breaking) hit twice: attacker hits twice → attacker follows-up twice → defender counterattacks.

Desperation doesn’t guarantee a follow-up attack if the attacker is slower or not breaking. Brash Assault does.

8 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Desperation doesn't guarantee a follow-up attack; Brash Assault does. Desperation only makes the follow-up attack occur before the enemy's counter, so Cordelia would need to be doubling them already for it to work.

In this case, Desperation is still better than Brash Assault if only because of how frail Cordelia is.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

You seem to misunderstand. The usual combat goes attacker hits → defender counterattacks → whoever is faster or breaking follows-up.

Brave weapon attacks twice in a round of combat.
With a brave weapon it’s attacker hits twice → defender counterattacks → whoever is faster follows-up, and if it is attacker, they hit twice.

With Desperation, the attacker’s follow-up (if they are faster or breaking) comes before the defender’s counterattack: attacker hits → attacker follows-up → defender counterattacks.

With both a brave weapon and Desperation both attacker’s attack and follow-up (if they are faster or breaking) hit twice: attacker hits twice → attacker follows-up twice → defender counterattacks.

Desperation doesn’t guarantee a follow-up attack if the attacker is slower or not breaking. Brash Assault does.

Desperation (if initial combat with HP < 75%, follow up attack occurs immediately after unit attack)

But when my Codilia attack twice (brave lance) with hp < 75%, no attack occurs. Only occurs if speed higher than foe 5.